Zani Timeline- Other ZannyThoughts- Zanny Searches on Caseys computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about this? I am pretty sure KC says clearly in her interview with the dectives at Universal that Zani did not have any children of her own. Remember the police then asked her if Zani was able to have children of her own and she replied she thought so.

I reread the interview the other day and confirmed she said Zenaida had no children of her own.

I reread the interview the other day and confirmed she said Zenaida had no children of her own.

I recall reading that we well. Also, when Casey was shown a picture of the ZG who looked at the SawGrass apartment and asked if this was the nanny, she told LE "no, she's is too OLD".

If Casey was in the middle of creating a paper trail to give credence to her fabricated ZG, IMO it had nothing to do with the "real" 37 year old ZG at all. It does not fit together.

Interesting observation.
IIRC, this no-ID event occured @ Crane Landing Apt on 6/19.

Casey subsequently presented some form of ID when cashing/writing checks @ Target, BoA, etc. So...I was thinking perhaps she altered her own DL to add ZG's info, and needed to reverse that process...and just hadn't done it by 6/19. However, the OC Clerk's office woulda been a high hurdle to pass a fake ID, IMHO.

Not sure how it all fits just yet. Another poster mentioned a real ZG losing her ID...I'd like to learn more about that if someone can provide more info please ...perhaps it'll all fit together...

Soooooo.....I'm curious if this is where one of those shady-appearing characters like Frank M. comes into play...perhaps creating realistic-fake ID's. I'll take a look to see if what the contact pattern w/ this individual looks like relative to these events.

LE recovered her DL on 7/15...we have a pic of it in the orig. 400pg doc release...of to look @ that too.

Edited after reviewing the Myth Busters thread and the docs...Casey did, indeed, have a DL.

Also...I took a close look @ Casey's DL, and could use a little help. Esp. Florida residents. The legibility of the text on the license is poor. It appears there is a field on the 2nd line of info that goes something like...

Issued Expires Duplicate[?]

The dates are difficult to read as well, but, I'm curious 'bout the 3rd field. Is it, in fact, "Duplicate"??...suggesting that the field is updated when a DL is issued to replace a lost/stolen DL???? Appreciate any help on this...

Interesting observation.

Casey subsequently presented some form of ID when cashing/writing checks @ Target, BoA, etc. So...I was thinking perhaps she altered her own DL to add ZG's info, and needed to reverse that process...and just hadn't done it by 6/19. However, the OC Clerk's office woulda been a high hurdle to pass a fake ID, IMHO.

Not sure how it all fits just yet. Another poster mentioned a real ZG losing her ID...I'd like to learn more about that if someone can provide more info please ...perhaps it'll all fit together...

Soooooo.....I'm curious if this is where one of those shady-appearing characters like Frank M. comes into play...perhaps creating realistic-fake ID's. I'll take a look to see if what the contact pattern w/ this individual looks like relative to these events.

LE recovered her DL on 7/15...we have a pic of it in the orig. 400pg doc release...of to look @ that too.

Edited after reviewing the Myth Busters thread and the docs...Casey did, indeed, have a DL.

Also...I took a close look @ Casey's DL, and could use a little help. Esp. Florida residents. The legibility of the text on the license is poor. It appears there is a field on the 2nd line of info that goes something like...

The dates are difficult to read as well, but, I'm curious 'bout the 3rd field. Is it, in fact, "Duplicate"??...suggesting that the field is updated when a DL is issued to replace a lost/stolen DL???? Appreciate any help on this...

very very very interesting work here. wow, the direction of this thread has changed significantly over the past few days.

Just piecing some thoughts together here, so bare with me: what if this Zenaida name has always been KC's alias of sorts. On the surface, it would seem very odd that and Irish / Italian girl would try to pass herself off under such a name, but...

1. perhaps this all started as a name on KC's fake ID (obtained through an ID dealer, found it on the ground, whatever) from back when she was underage. Earlier references on her myspace page definitely imply she was no rookie when she went out for her 21st bday binge-fest. The ID could have just been close enough to work - some skinny woman with short hair, big eyes, etc. Besides, ID's don't have to be good (please don't throw me under the bus for this one, :) but...) my fake when I was in college looked nothing like me, including skin tone, eye color etc. If you're young and female, you usually just have to show something at the door.

2. KC just got very used to throwing out that name when confronted. (Again, sorry, :) but...) a decade later I can still recite the vital stats of the name on my fake ID, DOB and astrological sign included.

3. This came in handy when KC got pulled over and didn't want the trouble. (Here's where I'd love your help with details): was she afraid of the wrath of Cindy and George? Would this kill her driving record b/c of previous infractions? Did her greediness cause her to not want want to pay such a bill (paying for a puerto rico vacation or a new phone were higher priorites)? Was it just some game she was playing, 'trick the cop'?

For whatever reason, KC gave a fake name, which she later realized could still somehow be traced back to her (or else she would have just skipped out on it), and started to panic when she realized she had to pay this bill without getting caught for giving false info. Maybe this whole ticket incident would have given Annie a lot of problems if KC did not pay up. Not sure how the law works in that case, but might explain their falling out...

4. Now she needs info of a ZFG, and fast!! in come frantic internet searches, possible robbing of Brevard County ZFG's office, etc - anything to get some sort of valid Z-id. I'm still piecing Sawgrass into this, but have some thoughts on that as well.

In summary though, what if all of this ZFG "stalking" was done because of the traffic incident?? What if this had nothing to do with a murder or a plan for a murder?

But, conveniently, a few months later when KC is finally confronted with doing the unspeakable (and IMO she never expected she'd face police, just at worse her mother), this is the story that slipped out. Because of her earlier research b/c of the ticket situation, she has a name, an apt, etc. What if this was really the basis of a completely separate cover up?

oh, the tangled webs we weave....

very very very interesting work here. wow, the direction of this thread has changed significantly over the past few days.

Just piecing some thoughts together here, so bare with me: what if this Zenaida name has always been KC's alias of sorts. On the surface, it would seem very odd that and Irish / Italian girl would try to pass herself off under such a name, but...

1. perhaps this all started as a name on KC's fake ID (obtained through an ID dealer, found it on the ground, whatever) from back when she was underage. Earlier references on her myspace page definitely imply she was no rookie when she went out for her 21st bday binge-fest. The ID could have just been close enough to work - some skinny woman with short hair, big eyes, etc. Besides, ID's don't have to be good (please don't throw me under the bus for this one, :) but...) my fake when I was in college looked nothing like me, including skin tone, eye color etc. If you're young and female, you usually just have to show something at the door.

2. KC just got very used to throwing out that name when confronted. (Again, sorry, :) but...) a decade later I can still recite the vital stats of the name on my fake ID, DOB and astrological sign included.

3. This came in handy when KC got pulled over and didn't want the trouble. (Here's where I'd love your help with details): was she afraid of the wrath of Cindy and George? Would this kill her driving record b/c of previous infractions? Did her greediness cause her to not want want to pay such a bill (paying for a puerto rico vacation or a new phone were higher priorites)? Was it just some game she was playing, 'trick the cop'?

For whatever reason, KC gave a fake name, which she later realized could still somehow be traced back to her (or else she would have just skipped out on it), and started to panic when she realized she had to pay this bill without getting caught for giving false info. Maybe this whole ticket incident would have given Annie a lot of problems if KC did not pay up. Not sure how the law works in that case, but might explain their falling out...

4. Now she needs info of a ZFG, and fast!! in come frantic internet searches, possible robbing of Brevard County ZFG's office, etc - anything to get some sort of valid Z-id. I'm still piecing Sawgrass into this, but have some thoughts on that as well.

In summary though, what if all of this ZFG "stalking" was done because of the traffic incident?? What if this had nothing to do with a murder or a plan for a murder?

But, conveniently, a few months later when KC is finally confronted with doing the unspeakable (and IMO she never expected she'd face police, just at worse her mother), this is the story that slipped out. Because of her earlier research b/c of the ticket situation, she has a name, an apt, etc. What if this was really the basis of a completely separate cover up?

Good thoughts! LOL with the fake ID & being able to recite it. I did the same thing so you won't here me passing judgement on that. We all do stupid things when were younger. OT, my ID was for someone 20 years older than me at the time and looked nothing like me, but I could recite the name, address, birthdate, etc.

I think Casey did have a phony ID, or should I say Zenaida's ID. I wish we could see what the police took out of the wallet that night. I bet it has something to do with this!!!

I’m impressed you’ve been able to make sense within the theories on the last few pages of this thread! Not a simple task!

Some of us, like me, flip-flop around with what’s possible. I frequently have to remind myself this is not a murder mystery, but a real life case of a dead child who never had a chance to speak for herself.

What the fake ID could be used for -
Well one point to consider - regarding the ZG traffic ticket, the DLs date of birth is less than three months before Casey’s. Not a great stretch of time as an under-age bar helper. But there certainly could be other benefits, as you have mentioned. Credit card and loan fraud all begins with fake ID - Casey could finance her lifestyle without having to steal from family and friends!

Personally, I always fall back to the belief that Caylee’s death was a direct result of some reckless disregard to Caylee’s well-being. And for some reason Casey proceeded to cover it up, until she was in over her head. Now we’ve learned about the duct tape around Caylee’s mouth, but we still don’t know if it was applied before or after death. And we don’t know if Casey involved anyone in the coverup because Casey isn’t talking.

So what if the ZG traffic incident was a separate incident and not a plan for murder?
If one had nothing to do with the other, then ANYONE knowing of the traffic incident/fake ID would certainly know they held critical information regarding Casey’s ZG “nanny took her” story.

If any persons knew, wouldn’t they be either:
- be a key prosecutions witness.
OR
- be under suspicion for involvement WITH Casey in Caylee’s death/coverup. (What other motive would they have to coverup for Casey?)

A tangled web indeed!

OK. Got my FL Drivers license out:

Issued: lists date I got my license (10-02-2003)
Rest: (mine is blank on this part as I have no restrictions)
Endorse: (mine is blank here also)
Duplicate: lists date (02-16-2006 ) as I got a new license after moving to a different address in Orlando ( I did not lose my DL--just needed to update address)

The dates I listed are on my FL DL not KC's.

Has anyone looked to see when Annie's ticket was paid? It's probably nothing, but it might be interesting to see the date, and what that signature looks like.
Lanie

6/24/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Assessment $4.00 EXTENSION
6/24/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Payment $4.00 PAYMENT 7/23/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Assessment $4.00 EXTENSION
7/23/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Payment $4.00 PAYMENT 8/25/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Assessment $0.00 INTERNET CONVENIENCE FEE
8/25/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Assessment $71.50 SEAT BELT CIVIL PENALTY
8/25/2008 ANNIE LEIGH DOWNING Payment $71.50 PAYMENT

I’m impressed you’ve been able to make sense within the theories on the last few pages of this thread! Not a simple task!

Some of us, like me, flip-flop around with what’s possible. I frequently have to remind myself this is not a murder mystery, but a real life case of a dead child who never had a chance to speak for herself.

What the fake ID could be used for -
Well one point to consider - regarding the ZG traffic ticket, the DLs date of birth is less than three months before Casey’s. Not a great stretch of time as an under-age bar helper. But there certainly could be other benefits, as you have mentioned. Credit card and loan fraud all begins with fake ID - Casey could finance her lifestyle without having to steal from family and friends!

Personally, I always fall back to the belief that Caylee’s death was a direct result of some reckless disregard to Caylee’s well-being. And for some reason Casey proceeded to cover it up, until she was in over her head. Now we’ve learned about the duct tape around Caylee’s mouth, but we still don’t know if it was applied before or after death. And we don’t know if Casey involved anyone in the coverup because Casey isn’t talking.

So what if the ZG traffic incident was a separate incident and not a plan for murder?
If one had nothing to do with the other, then ANYONE knowing of the traffic incident/fake ID would certainly know they held critical information regarding Casey’s ZG “nanny took her” story.

If any persons knew, wouldn’t they be either:
- be a key prosecutions witness.
OR
- be under suspicion for involvement WITH Casey in Caylee’s death/coverup. (What other motive would they have to coverup for Casey?)

A tangled web indeed!

excellent points! i'm flip-flopping about every 10 minutes on this stuff... :)

I love this thread and all the hard work going on. I spent yesterday reading the new docs, was too tired to post last night. I've caught up on the recent posts here. Need to think about what you've added, and check a few dates, but I'll be back!

I think this is a really good line of thinking, and it supports the 'fly by the seat of her pants' style that we're used to seeing from Casey. :propeller:

Anytime a theory starts requiring that she do a lot of complicated planning and strategizing I'm immediately averse to it, because I don't think she was that smart or put together. Fake IDs aren't uncommon, and they're essential to for the style of life she was after if she was interested in the club scene back then also.

Interesting observation.

Casey subsequently presented some form of ID when cashing/writing checks @ Target, BoA, etc. So...I was thinking perhaps she altered her own Permit to add ZG's info, and needed to reverse that process...and just hadn't done it by 6/19. However, the OC Clerk's office woulda been a high hurdle to pass a fake ID, IMHO.

Soooooo.....I'm curious if this is where one of those shady-appearing characters like Frank M. comes into play...creating realistic fake ID's. Will take a look to see if what the contact pattern w/ this individual looks like relative to these events.

I'm guessing Casey woulda had to retake driver's exam, etc. to get another LP. Dunno if hers was expired or not...seems silly for a 22y.o.,, but, I dunno...don't want to assume too much. Also, thinking that LE recovered her LP on 7/15...we have a pic of it in the orig. 400pg doc release...of to look @ that too.

I know that in FL it is very easy to order a duplicate ID so longs as you have the 2 key pieces of info. I know that there was a person by the same name at UCF who had her office broken into and her computer stolen.

All of this is plausible, with one glaring exception. Coincidences are just too ..... coincidental. That she would have a fake ID for this woman, and a woman with this name comes to Sawgrass for an apartment. Sawgrass, where her ex-boyfriend and new BFF live. I cannot reconcile this coincidence, unless:

1. We take as true that ZG in fact DID apply for an apartment at Sawgrass in April and it is not a clerical error.
a) If this is true, then we have to imagine that somehow Casey got hold of this person's information from Sawgrass surreptitiously. The how of this would need to be ferreted out, and since there is that one chick that works there who chose not to answer any questions from LE, I imagine it holds something interesting.
b) Zanny's name had been in conversation with people for awhile, and varying testimony puts it at several years to mere months. So one has to assume that Casey knew OF a Zenaida earlier than April. But how?

2. If it is true that Casey and ZG once crossed paths, perhaps at a party or a bar, it is easy for me to imagine that Casey just stole her purse or wallet and took the ID for herself and got someone to make a fake one. Maybe the ZG whose ID Casey had once dated someone Casey liked, and Casey decided to follow her around. Maybe the coincidence of Ricardo and (later) Amy living at Sawgrass wasn't so much a coincidence afterall. We know A ZG applied for an apartment at Sawgrass. We know it was not Casey posing as ZG, because there is someone with that name who makes the claim that she was the woman who applied. Casey has followed a ZG around, a ZG applies for an apartment, an old boyfriend and new BFF live at these apartments and suddenly it becomes front and center of a missing children's case. Did meeting Ricardo and subsequently dating him happen AFTER Casey started assuming ZG's identity to get out of trouble, and did Casey steal ZG's ID at Ricardo's birthday party? Has ZG admitted to knowing anyone else who lived at Sawgrass?

These questions are curious to me, and in order for the rest of your theory to click, need to be answered.

Thanks for the help w/ the "duplicate" info, and other thoughts added lately.

May sound a bit ridiculous...but, given all the other twists and turns in this case...

IF

1) Real ZG visited Sawgrass in April, hence, her data was entered in the database...guest card tossed
2) Harry actually made a one-week error on that Sawgrass guest card, and,
3) Casey used an ID to impersonate ZG to visit

on Tuesday, 6/10, (the day of her appearance for her ticket) instead of Tuesday, 6/17.

Then, the following Facebook msg to Amy would make alot more sense...

Sent 6/4: "i can’t wait for us to become roomies in another week! seriously…by the end of next week, it will be just us girls. i can’t believe it!"

...On 6/4..."...by the end of next week..." would have been 6/14 (Saturday).

....thinking pretty hard that ole Harry may've goofed it...which would make ALOT of things fall into place.

Having an apartment as ZG sure woulda made it hard for C&G to find Casey. Casey was preparing to 'drop off the face of the earth' and the whole thing with Tony wasn't gel'd yet. After 6/10 Casey had essentially dropped off the face of the earth as far as Amy was concerned. The break-up with Ricardo screwed up her place to stay while she worked out a new place to live. Don't ask me how she planned to pay for an apartment...skimming money from Fusian shot girls maybe...paying in cash...living as ZG ...Hmmmm :waitasec:

Thanks for the help w/ the "duplicate" info, and other thoughts added lately.

May sound a bit ridiculous...but, given all the other twists and turns in this case...

IF

1) Real ZG visited Sawgrass in April, hence, her data was entered in the database...guest card tossed
2) Harry actually made a one-week error on that Sawgrass guest card, and,
3) Casey used an ID to impersonate ZG to visit

on Tuesday, 6/10, (the day of her appearance for her ticket) instead of Tuesday, 6/17.

Then, the following Facebook msg to Amy would make alot more sense...

Sent 6/4: "i can’t wait for us to become roomies in another week! seriously…by the end of next week, it will be just us girls. i can’t believe it!"

...On 6/4..."...by the end of next week..." would have been 6/14 (Saturday).

....thinking pretty hard that ole Harry may've goofed it...which would make ALOT of things fall into place.

Having an apartment as ZG sure woulda made it hard for C&G to find Casey. Casey was preparing to 'drop off the face of the earth' and the whole thing with Tony wasn't gel'd yet. After 6/10 Casey had essentially dropped off the face of the earth as far as Amy was concerned. The break-up with Ricardo screwed up her place to stay while she worked out a new place to live. Don't ask me how she planned to pay for an apartment...skimming money from Fusian shot girls maybe...paying in cash...living as ZG ...Hmmmm :waitasec:

hmmmm.... is right. makes a lot of sense to me. i still think ZFG was an alias KC was used to using, even pre-murder.

what about all these news reports way back in the beginning that said Casey was 'dressing up as' or 'pretending to be' the nanny. lots of us shared a good laugh about that one- picturing KC flouncing around town in some ridiculous wig and sunglasses- and cast it off as typical innacurate news reporting. but what if there is actually some truth to that? does the media have some sort of tidbit that we've overlooked or aren't aware of? do they have some information or inference from Sawgrass that would point to KC showing up as Zenaida? Could the initial reports that KC pretended to be Zenaida be more than incorrect reporting? I'm really starting to wonder if that could be the case...

hmmmm.... is right. makes a lot of sense to me. i still think ZFG was an alias KC was used to using, even pre-murder.

what about all these news reports way back in the beginning that said Casey was 'dressing up as' or 'pretending to be' the nanny. lots of us shared a good laugh about that one- picturing KC flouncing around town in some ridiculous wig and sunglasses- and cast it off as typical innacurate news reporting. but what if there is actually some truth to that? does the media have some sort of tidbit that we've overlooked or aren't aware of? do they have some information or inference from Sawgrass that would point to KC showing up as Zenaida? Could the initial reports that KC pretended to be Zenaida be more than incorrect reporting? I'm really starting to wonder if that could be the case...
interesting! Since I live in the heartland, I never heard anything about wigs. But I have to tell you, I've thought about that before. That might explain why HG, the Sawgrass leasing consultant, said he was shown about 12 photos, said he thought he recognized one, but was then told they were all the same person.
IF KC had any wigs, they may have been hidden somewhere at GA & CA's. I always thought if KC had 1200 pictures of herself on the computer, surely she would have been trying to profit from them. Wigs would explain how she protected her identity. Hhmmm... now I'm confessing all my thoughts....
I'm still searching other threads before I share some other thoughts. I've also been trying to compare theories on this thread to the Sacred Monkey's theory.

Yes, I'm a newbie, but I'm already hooked! I used to read a lot of Ann Rule, and I watch a lot of TRU TV. Too bad I didn't find this site sooner.

I never thought of that. That could very well be the case. Hmmm... something to think about!

Here are the three signatures:

KC from her statement to detectives:
picture.php

Zenaida #1 from her statement to detectives:
picture.php

Zenaida #2 from her traffic violation disposition:
picture.php

Here's another one
CaseyAnthonysignature.jpg

(Brought over from the July 15 thread. Also allows me to pad my stats without much effort)

Blink posted a theory on Frightened Simians that KC may have used the Zenaida Gonzalez name as an alias during a routine traffic stop on May 24, and was then put into the position of paying off the resulting fine if she hoped to keep the alias alive.

Not all the pieces hung together completely but I liked many parts of what was posted because it supported a hunch I have had that KC and ZFG were one and the same.

Problem was, I could not get the July 15 pings to quite line up with Blink's theory. The main reason was that Blink had KC cashing a forged check at BoA on Orange Ave and then walking across and up the street to the county clerk's office to pay a fine, then walking back to the car and driving south to make an appointment at Cast Iron Tattoos.

I have coached track and cross country for years. I live by the stopwatch - my practices are governed by it. While in theory the above scenario could work in a 15-20 minute time slot, in practice I thought it highly unlikely. Too many things would have to go just right for it to work.

On top of that, when I looked at the pings, it appeared KC stopped somewhere in the Curry Ford Rd. area between S. Semoran and S. Conway, for about 15 minutes. In my original timeline for this date a couple months ago I assumed KC had really bad luck and got stuck in traffic and at lights. On top of that I assumed that she was heading to the airport and then for some reason had to turn around and head back to Ric and Amy's for some reason.

It was convoluted, but worked. However, I hate convoluted. Simplest is almost always better. Especially when dealing with KC.

Blink's theory provided an out for me, except that Orange Ave. address for BoA. Was it valid? Well, it came from the fraud investigation report, listing BoA as a victim (they incured a loss in the transaction). Blink took this to be the address where the check was cashed. But upon further review, could it be the address of BoA's investigation unit?

Along comes i.b.nora :)blowkiss:) who points me to the a document on CFnews13 with much more information, including a S. Conway address for BoA and a 1:24 PM time stamp. That plugged my hole for the ~15 minute stop near S. Semoran. It also freed up time for a stop at the clerk's office.

In fact, a stop at the county clerk's office or Ric / Amy's is required to make the time lag between the BoA check fraud and the visit to Cast Iron to make sense. If KC did not make such a stop, pings G and H probably would not exist and the long time lag would be hard to explain. It is clear she stopped somewhere...but where? :waitasec:

Here is a Google Earth view of the area with a proposed route for KC from AL to BoA, then BoA to the county clerk. The red markers are cell tower locations and not KC positions. Times associated with the towers are times that the tower ping KC's phone. I checked the cell IDs of all towers at the times mentioned and the route (in green) conforms nicely to the orientation parameters.

IMHO, KC had 15 minutes - 20 tops - to make a stop at the clerk's office to pay a fine. Based on my recent experience at the CT DMV for a driver's license renewal, this is very doable.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member