CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Audrey's nickname "Baryon", thinking of her physics background, her interest in computers, thinking of Lachlan Cranswick, and pondering that "great minds think alike". Googled +baryon +cranswick, and the first two hits that come up are:

ftp://baryon.demon.nl/pub/software/Irix/temp/misc2/unixcom.html

ftp://baryon.demon.nl/pub/software/Irix/temp/.../IndyCam.html

The first link goes directly to a page of Lachlan's that is
unix/computer related. The second link isn't LC's page, but makes
reference to LC at the bottom. Both links indicate 2001.

I cannot remember if it was determined whether AG ever used a dating service or not, but this news item might be of interest, in this case and maybe some others?!
http://technology.canoe.ca/2011/01/31/17099041.html
A popular dating website based in Vancouver has been hacked, leaving usernames, passwords, and e-mails compromised.

PlentyofFish CEO Markus Frind revealed the hack in a personal blog post Monday. He promised the security hole has been closed and all passwords have been reset.

“This is not a statement from Plentyoffish,” Frind said. “This is a personal post about what it feels like to be hacked /extorted and the intense pressure and stress you are put under.”

The site has 28 million users.

PlentyofFish members who use the same user-name/password combination elsewhere on the web should immediately change their passwords on other sites, security experts warn

Paul Morse 1 hour 16 minutes ago SIU investigates east end incident
http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/479778--siu-investigates-east-end-incident
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit is probing a weekend incident in Hamilton’s east end.

No details are available yet, but Hamilton police say “something occurred” at 135 Balsam Ave. S., at the corner of Elm, Saturday evening.

The SIU, which investigates police-related incidents that involve death, serious injury or sexual assault, invoked its mandate, said Hamilton police media officer Sergeant Terri-Lynn Collings shortly before noon Monday.

Found this site/blog?, haven't read it yet, will do it later when I find some time. In the meantime, perhaps some of you can have a looksie. Here is the link (search Audrey's name)

http://www.jacktarrance.net/id24.html

If Mods (or anyone for that matter) think I shouldn't have posted this, please remove it.

This name has popped up on some sites in relation to S. V.and AG.Looking at locations and occupations, I can see why.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/08/24/10587246.html
Since then, Onzuka has been actively teaching "anything from science camps to private colleges," Russell said.

Onzuka has used several online dating sites and attended several support groups from Niagara Falls to Toronto "for addictions that he had," Russell said.

"My concern is that there is the potential for numerous unknown victims out there," she said. "If they want to come forward, that would be great."
lots more to read...
SNIP
"The 36-year-old Mississauga man was arrested Saturday on charges of sexual assault, administering a noxious thing, sexual exploitation of a person with a disability and breach of trust.

He was also charged with criminal harassment in relation to an alleged stalking incident involving a classmate at McMaster University in 1998, Russell said."

Found this site/blog?, haven't read it yet, will do it later when I find some time. In the meantime, perhaps some of you can have a looksie. Here is the link (search Audrey's name)

http://www.jacktarrance.net/id24.html

If Mods (or anyone for that matter) think I shouldn't have posted this, please remove it.
Great find Hazel, scrolling down way near the bottom for that bit on AG, made my hair standup and was kind of scary!
I am not really sure what to make of the rest, but reading about a man posing as a Granny on these kinds of sites made my blood run cold ( and it is already pretty frosty here! Strange how it almost seems as if all roads ( the crooked ones) seem to lead back to the same place.I would be very interested to see what the others think!

Sorry folks, this is off topic and I am not sure if I can make this kind of appeal, but if anyone can check out this coldcase concerning 2 very young girls Mattie and Pattie, who were murdered in the 60's,it would be really appreciated by the surviving sister who posts on that thread.Thankyou,this woman , Sunshine 1950,now 61, has really suffered and is desperate for some help. I stumbled onto that thread and having a hard time to make sense of it! Moderator, please remove if this is not appropriate,thanks.
1961 Carlsbad, NM Double Murder - Part 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Great find Hazel, scrolling down way near the bottom for that bit on AG, made my hair standup and was kind of scary!
I am not really sure what to make of the rest, but reading about a man posing as a Granny on these kinds of sites made my blood run cold ( and it is already pretty frosty here! Strange how it almost seems as if all roads ( the crooked ones) seem to lead back to the same place.I would be very interested to see what the others think!
I don't know what to make about it either. Could be just a troll? And it also says that AG's father worked in the US??
In Lach's thread, SB questions if perhaps AG and L knew each other. I was thinking that if that was the case, she would have done lots of 'sleuthing' about him. Then I thought that perhaps she could have posted here or on any of all those other forums we read way back! :crazy: I know, I'm just going overboard... or not? Could that be what SB was trying to imply?

Dotr and Hazel,

I don't quite know what to make of that info either, but i'd take it with a grain of salt, read it, file it away. My gut tells me it's a troll. (I note the poster refers to receiving messages from ...cats eye ... but then gives their email contact as ... cats eye ...

I've experienced nightmares and major dupes from various sites, some of which are related to info contained at that link/post. That's why I came to WS and stick to WS because Tricia runs a tight ship and doesn't let things get out of hand. I've been on 3 or 4 other sites and posted extensively about the missing/murdered women of Canada, and it seems there are peeps who are intent on finding out the real identities of posters, and very specifically Yours Truly. What their agenda really is, not sure, but some of these people are highly skilled and have been successful in some respects.

I could say a ton more but feel that's enough to get the point across.

I cannot remember if it was determined whether AG ever used a dating service or not, but this news item might be of interest, in this case and maybe some others?!
http://technology.canoe.ca/2011/01/31/17099041.html
A popular dating website based in Vancouver has been hacked, leaving usernames, passwords, and e-mails compromised.

PlentyofFish CEO Markus Frind revealed the hack in a personal blog post Monday. He promised the security hole has been closed and all passwords have been reset.

“This is not a statement from Plentyoffish,” Frind said. “This is a personal post about what it feels like to be hacked /extorted and the intense pressure and stress you are put under.”

The site has 28 million users.

PlentyofFish members who use the same user-name/password combination elsewhere on the web should immediately change their passwords on other sites, security experts warn

Further to the above, it gets even more chilling:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Alleged+Plenty+Fish+hacker+speaks/4204614/story.html

But "while we were creating the legal documents in order to proceed, Markus Frind got progressively more aggressive and unresponsive with us, and told us to speak with their employees, Kate and Jay, because there was a serial killer murdering people from the website," claimed Russo.

Don't know who to believe in this whole fiasco, but needless to say, i don't think any of us will be joining "plenty offish" anytime soon.

This case is from a long way off from where AG lived, but in looking for the type of person who may attack (sexually)the elderly, I came across this recent case in the States.Of course it would be interesting to know if this creep ever made it to Hamilton, although it is a long shot, after RW, nothing is impossible...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7375403.html
His prey were carefully selected. They were all women, living alone in small Texas towns, ranging in age from 59 to 91. They were all raped, assaulted or burglarized.

And, police say, they were possibly all the victims of a state prison employee living in Missouri City, a newly married man they believe may be the elusive Twilight Rapist who targeted a dozen disabled or elderly women in Central and South Texas over the past two years.

dotr--I spent months researching the Twilight Rapist case and even called in several tips. I was very concerned as I lived in a tiny Central Texas town for 14 years and my mother still lives there....alone. I've had to wing it with researching Canada as I'm not familiar with the area. I know Central Texas and I know Central Texas women.

I cannot tell you how utterly surprised we (the thread regulars) were when the rapist was caught. Every victim had described the man as soft-spoken, brown skinned and in his 20s. Billy Joe Harris is a black man and he is known to be soft-spoken. But he's 53 years old. What a shock.

After everything I've read about Harris' crimes, before learning who did it and thinking about everything I've learned about Ms. Gleave, I honestly don't think the crimes are connected in any way. I think the killer of Ms. Gleave is a different sort of person. JMO, obviously.

I cannot tell you how pleased I am that Harris is off the streets. It sounds like he was quite a "ladies man" and had a number of ongoing relationships. He watched his victims carefully and for long periods of time. He seemed to delight in "playing with their heads". He would cook on their stoves when they were gone and move things around. He removed screens and unscrewed light bulbs, often weeks before the attacks. He also stole unusual "trophies" such as mounted deer heads and cuckoo clocks. I truly believe Harris has some deep seated hatred for elder white women, possibly due to some experience in his life. As far as I know, Harris has spent all his time in Texas, with a short stay in Germany. But I'll surely check. He was arrested on Jan. 8th after assaulting a woman south of Houston, Texas. Earlier in the day, he'd been scared off from committing a robbery in another Texas town. I think his recent circuit was confined to the Texas area due to the state positions which he held.

As far as I know, he never brutally attacked the victims. That's sounds odd to say as he raped them and one even had a stroke but I never got the impression that he was brutal or vicious....just insistent and strange and creepy. He completely disrobed and talked to several about "making love".

You are correct, though, in that Ms. Gleave fit the profile of his victim to a degree. She was an older white female. She kept to a routine and lived alone in a nice house. I just have a gut feeling that Harris is not the killer.

Thinking of the bizarre POF story and allegations of affiliation with organized crime and the POF owner admittedly having contacted Russo's mother. Reminds me of a gangster in BC who was caught in a big drug case, and penned a note to an accomplice or informant with the gentle reminder that their grandmothers were in the same nursing home.

Grasping at straws here and maybe a long shot, but Audrey was referred to by some as Mama Gleave; she was special to someone. Could this savage attack against her be intended as a message to someone who was close to Audrey?

Interesting:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca

... The reactor at McMaster is responsible for half of Canadas production of iodine-125 The production of molybdenum-99 at the National Research Universal Reactor (NRU) has also been occasionally moved to the universitys reactor, notably in 1970 and during the Chalk River Laboratories#2009 NRU Reactor Shutdown of the NRU ...

I'm sure Audrey would have been fascinated with this. I wonder if she or her associates would have been in touch with Lachlan Cranswick as a result of this 2009 switch over to McMaster.

A homeless man who had been living in a Lynden-area barn was sentenced to 46 days in jail because he was caught carrying a large knife in his waistband.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2962112

I think this is the homeless man whose arrest was linked by timing, at least, to the AG case. No mention of any link to AG in this article though, leading me to believe LE must have ruled him out as a suspect. Perhaps this was already known and I missed it upthread?

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2962112

I think this is the homeless man whose arrest was linked by timing, at least, to the AG case. No mention of any link to AG in this article though, leading me to believe LE must have ruled him out as a suspect. Perhaps this was already known and I missed it upthread?

Thankyou, well now we know that guy is not the one, although You can see why he might have been considered a suspect. This other fellow mentioned in your newspaper link, is also kind of interesting.....

"EIGHT MONTHS FOR ASSAULT: A senior citizen has been sentenced to eight months in jail for several assaults last year.

Douglas M. Rintoul, 65, was sentenced to six months, plus 60 days he had already served in jail, after being convicted of an Oct. 2, 2009, assault, and two counts of assault with a weapon last Dec. 2. Last December, Rintoul also was charged with illegal possession of a weapon, mischief under $5,000, and threatening death or bodily harm.

He was placed on probation for a year by Justice Ken Lenz and ordered to submit his DNA to the national offenders' registry"

Then, there is this guy that LE are looking for.

Thu Feb 3 2011Police hunt federal fugitive

Offender sought on Canada-wide warrant Brian Bingley is wanted on a Canada wide warrant.
OPP and Niagara Regional police are asking for the public’s help in finding a federal fugitive, who is believed to be befriending and then taking advantage of the elderly.

Brian Bingley, 50, is wanted for breaching parole conditions related to a two-year sentence for robbery, break, enter and commit and failing to comply with conditions. He is wanted on a Canada wide warrant.

Police say he has been approaching elderly residents in Niagara Falls, offering assistance with odd jobs, including shovelling snow. He is wanted on a theft under $5,000 charge for allegedly stealing from an elderly woman he had befriended.
more:http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/481496--police-hunt-federal-fugitive

Yes, Scott is the man who was originally picked up as a POI. So, he's not the guy. I still wonder why they spent so much time "tossing" the barn he was living in. Possibly, they did consider that it might have been him in the beginning.

I'm a bit behind and had missed the interesting links at the top of this page. My gut tells me that it's a troll. Strange and vicious crimes always bring out the unstable and the nutcases. I guess this was bound to happen. I agree with Lily, though, it creeps me out and I think we need to keep an eye on it. Has anyone called it in as a tip?

Concerning some of the other names and suspects that have been mentioned (ones who have been convicted or charged with other crimes), I think that Ms. Gleave's murder stands apart due to the level of viciousness--the sexual "component" and the grisly stabbing. There are many perps who can and will rob or even assault but this person went to a whole 'nother level, IMO. This just can't be the only time this has happened or will happen.....

Back to the "Mama" title/endearment. I never got an answer way back upthread as to whether this is common in Canada. I've raised 14 children and dealt with literally hundreds of teachers and yet have never heard this used. Is it just me or do others find this highly unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine