Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

Daniel Lacy Fagg does not really fit the vitals/demographics of this UP John Clinton Doe (JCD). JCD was 18+/- (17-20) at the time of his death in 1994. There is a big difference forensically between an 18-year-old (a teenager, still maturing skeletal-wise and teeth-wise) and a 38-year-old, completely matured and, probably, already showing signs of aging (indicators like arthritis, etc.). For this reason, and the circumstances of his life-style and location(s), Fagg is ruled out as being JCD.

Good point, Billylee, about the lack of photos in the case file of the clothing and jewelery that was found with JCD. I'll see if I can get some photos up to NamUs soon. Thanks.

David Barlow is not a good candidate for being this UP John Clinton Doe (JCD) because: 1) based on the degree of decomp of the remains (basically a clean skeleton), the forensic pathologist set the time of death 1 year prior to November 26, 1995, so the fall of 1994, and Barlow was still alive then; 2) the vitals/demographics are pretty far off, esp. height (5'9" vs. 5'6") as forensically 3" is a big range when comparing "stature" bones, like femurs; and also the age difference (24 for Barlow and 18+/- for JCD). For these reasons Barlow is ruled out as being JCD.

James Patrick Burrows was excluded scientifically on 10/08/13 as being this UP John Clinton Doe via dental x-ray and chart comparison analysis by NamUs odontologist Dr. John Filippi.

Lindsey Ray Baker is eliminated as being John "Clinton" Doe (NamUs UP # 4757) based on dental char comparison.

I would like to have more information about this pendant that he wore, why are there no pictures of it? It sounds like it was a unique item - made out of a fork(?) - does anyone have a complete description of it? It sounds like publicizing it might help jog someones memory since it is so peculiar. Also as someone mentioned, it was apparently locally-made? How do we know this? Are we to then assume that this guy was local (and not reported missing?

Hi:

Thanks, JupiterAmmon, for the great questions; one's which I've asked myself. I continue working with the Rock County Coroner's Office on this case (John "Clinton" Doe or JCD); in a new role as "Deputy Coroner, Analyst" (volunteer). I am currently compiling a complete evidence list including the personal item you have asked about. I have not (yet) been able to access these items in evidence storage (presumably), but as soon as I do, I will post to JCD's Namus case file (# 4757) photos of them. This is how I have the pendant listed in the inventory: "Silver in color "Ram's Head" fashioned from dinner fork; Probably homemade; probably stainless steel/chrome; measures 6.6 cm x 3.5 cm.", which mainly came from the (2) autopsy reports. This item was buried with the body for about 13 years and, according to the forensic pathologist who did autopsy #2, it was untarnished, so that is where "stainless steel/chrome" comes from. Hopefully I will be able to see and handle this item in person soon and get (new, more, better) photos of it for posting.

I suspect, as I think you do, that this item will hold a lot of secrets about JCD that could help us find him, local or not.

I've been through numerous times this entire thread about JCD over the past few months. I've even downloaded some information (like the list of local shops that make custom jewelry). There is a lot of "stuff" here, including discussions of rock culture in the 1980s-1990s. If you or someone else would like to compile all these comments and clues(?) into 1-2 page categorized (like pendant, T-shirt, cigarette lighter, etc.) summaries each, possibly with links to the original comments, I will make them a part of my case file, which will become part of the official RCCO case file eventually. When I get working with the Rock County Sheriff's Office (RCSO) in the investigation, we will be able to use this information to help build a "profile" of JCD, which could then possibly answer your questions about whether he's local, regional, or what.

Thanks, and keep sleuthing.

Jack

Jack Friess, Deputy Coroner, Analyst
Rock County Coroner's Office
3530 N County Highway F
Janesville, WI 53545
Cell: 715-498-1632
Fax: 715-341-2237
friess@rockcountycoroner.us

Todd Jay Hanson is eliminated on 10/21/13 as being John "Clinton" Doe (JCD) based on being too old (26 compared to JCD who was 18+/-), being too tall (68 to 66) and having blond (rather than brown/black) hair.

Hi:

We finally were able to get photos of the personal items of this UP (John "Clinton" Doe, or JCD). 4 hi-res photos have been uploaded to JCD's NamUs case file (#4757) in the "Images" section. This is the home-made "Goat's Head" pendant that is most intriguing:

Jack Friess, Rock County DCA
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Carl mentioned earlier that the necklace was traced to a local craftsman. I wonder if he recognized the young man (if he sold it directly to him) or perhaps had a record of clients that he sold that particular model to. If they traced the goat pendants I'm sure they could find someone who is missing a pendant (perhaps giving it to JCD) or at leaSt find out more about JCD.

Yes, Carl DID mention having talked with the RCSO back in 2010 about the pendant (this forum, CarlK90245, 06-10-2010, 01:14 PM), and that they told him they found the local craftsman who had made it. I haven't confirmed this, but will soon. If so, you are right that there could be a myriad of clues leading to someone who knew JCD.

BTW, there was an interesting oped article recently in USA News relating to this "Goat's Head" pendant and the request to place a satanic stature on the grounds of the Oklahoma Capitol grounds. http://rockcountycoroner.us/tiny/1040.php

Jack

It seems that the police determined early on that the stalled car driver they aided when responding to the report of a guy wandering in the creek had nothing to do with that phenomenon. Like other people here, I think questioning the driver would have been the best lead. Maybe it's time to stop looking for missing persons in the usual sources, and checking for bail jumpers and the like who've never reappeared, if there's no record of that car. I'm thinking someone who didn't want to be found by police might have distanced himself from a car with mechanical problems, hoping that it would be taken care of roadside, rather than taken to a shop. Such a scenario would make the driver less likely to dig very deep for the "fugitive," as he characterized himself, as well, because they'd already had police contact.

Yes, vermontaigne, I to think it is time to start searching in places other than where there are known missing persons, that is, those MPs who are listed in the online databases like NamUs, DoeNet, etc. We could focus on places such as bail jumpers, and also in the records of: hospitals (ER rooms, mental wards, etc.); mental hospitals; jails; court activity for convictions (like shoplifting, drugs, theft) and divorce; LE incident reports; NCIC entries; etc. We could also scour local newspapers from around that time for related articles and/or police reports. Lot’s of hunting left to do, huh?

Sounds like a plan. One of the difficulties of checking through sheriffs' websites is that they often don't list the date on which a warrant was issued, or the date of the alleged offense.

As was suggested here, I've begun combing through old arrest warrants issued in 1994 for persons with JCD's vitals (e.g. HGT=5'5"-5'7"; WGT=130-150; etc.). NCIC came back with 105 entries/warrants in Wisconsin; 88 individual persons. Only 1 warrant is active, and the others were purged because the warrant was either fulfilled or cancelled. Of course, the most interesting and with the most potential of being JCD is that one active warrant, but so far, at this point, it doesn't look too good for there being a match as the guy may be alive and well. I'm awaiting confirmation one way or other from the Prob. & Parole agent. In the meantime, the hunt continues....

Bump. John Doe's NamUs file was updated yesterday (not sure what's new) and there's a recent article about one of the potential matches, Sargent Micek:

http://www.abc57.com/home/top-stori...-missing-in-1989-wants-closure-254433671.html

Also, another theory on what might have happened if John Doe was associated with the disabled vehicle: he was traveling with someone he didn't know very well, maybe someone who gave him a ride home because he'd been drinking or didn't have a car. When the vehicle unexpectedly broke down, he panicked for any number of reasons (he had a warrant out, he was carrying contraband too valuable to just throw into the brush, he had an open container as the passenger, etc.) and with alcohol clouding his judgement, he told the driver he'd find his way home and take his chances in the woods instead of dealing with LE. Maybe she promised she'd come back for him and didn't find him because by that time he was in the creek or she couldn't find the exact spot he'd gotten out. Or he was actually the driver, but by the time LE showed up, he'd told her to stay with the car.

Possibly Brian Barrett?

little more info about when he was last seen: http://www.nampn.org/cases/barrett_brian.html

His Namus profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13044/43/

First thing, both him and this uid have DNA samples in, and I have never been real clear on what that means, but Brian is not on his rule out list. Second, Brian is a little taller. Third, only 6 months between when he went missing and when the skeletal remains were found. I don't know if that's long enough to decompose all the way.

He does have the heavy metal rocker type thing going for him, and is the right age.

Possibly Brian Barrett?

little more info about when he was last seen: http://www.nampn.org/cases/barrett_brian.html

His Namus profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13044/43/

First thing, both him and this uid have DNA samples in, and I have never been real clear on what that means, but Brian is not on his rule out list. Second, Brian is a little taller. Third, only 6 months between when he went missing and when the skeletal remains were found. I don't know if that's long enough to decompose all the way.

He does have the heavy metal rocker type thing going for him, and is the right age.

I think Brian looks like a good match! I would think if DNA are both on file it would pop up but errors can happen.
I made a attempt to overlay the two photos and I think the features line up real close.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 119
Brian also has a black watch. I am not able to zoom in to get details on other jewelry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back