Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Not only should she be charged with perjury, she should be charged with hindering LE when she gave over the wrong brush... WHO does that? Seriously?

No. It will be a waste of resources. Move On.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. The justice system needs to stand up for itself and punish someone who is willing to get up in front of the judge, jury and the whole world and lie. There must be consequences or every person taking the oath will think it means nothing and they can do and say what ever they please. Think what might have happened if LE was not able to obtain the records they did and prove to the jury that she lied...

It reminds me of ICA and CA's relationship, they were both willing to accept each others lies without consequences, and this is what ultimately lead to this tragedy. I say, enough is enough.

I also think Kidfinders and all of the organizations that donated big $$$ and time should sue for misrepresentation... to make sure that the Anthonys are not profiting off of Caylee's death.

When they make their million off their book/movie deal they should have to reimburse these people. I live in FL and believe me, being out there in swamp, humidity, SNAKES mosquitoes and the heat searching for a liar and all for nothing since KC now said she drowned in pool, well if I were those organisations, Id be livid.

I really believe she should be charged with perjury and obstruction of justice. I think Gentiva lawyers have grounds to prosecute also, as she may have caused problems for them also through her lies. If nothing is done at all, it really sends the wrong message to all citizens involved in future cases.

OMG...it seems like forever ago that this started. Everything that has happened yet it's still like at the beginning. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. Still in competition with Casey.

Been here from the very 1st post and will be here, God willing, when ICA is convicted. Cindy has lied and lied and covered up and impeded and slandered innocent people (I, personally, will never forgive her over what she did and said to Tim Miller. Vile woman!) She always got a pass because she was a "grieving grandmother" :sick:. And, with a lot of people she still gets that pass because of the grieving grandmother excuse but, also, she might lose her daughter.

In the beginning, most people were asking, why did Cindy let this go on for so long? This is after we learned that ICA and Caylee lived with the Ants. And that ICA had no job. And, why is she not trying to find out where Caylee is? What started the protests at the house, besides ICA being released, was Cindy yelling at the media and public to "get off our *advertiser censored**ses and find her grandaughter"!! Really, Cindy?? The answer to that is living in your house. You are lying for her. Coddling her. Covering up for her. You and George smelled human decomp in the damn car!! This went far beyond denial with Cindy. And, it continues to this day.

I suppose what I, personally, wanted to see from Cindy from the beginning to this day.....put Caylee first. Bless her heart....she was only 2. She loved you. Stop using her for your "grieving grandmother" excuse. For your media shows. For money. Stop lying for her killer.

Caylee :rose:

Forgot to add.....YES!! Charge her with anything they can come up with. Without her and GA's lies, Caylee might have been found sooner. We might have found a cause of death. Caylee's little body might not have been torn apart by animals.....OMG, yes, charge her.

Yes, she should be charged with perjury.

Also, Cindy should be charged for obstruction. There wasn't just one occasion. She did it multiple times throughout the investigation.

If she isn't charged with any crimes, it leaves the door open for others to think, that they can do as she did and get away with it.

I don't think she will be charged. I think LE knew from very early on that Cindy realized that her daughter was the only one responsible and the stories began. We saw her screaming at the media that there was a pizza and garbage in the trunk in the heat, and other twisting of the facts. Cindy became hostile to questioning by the Investigators. By the time depositions were taken Cindy became evasive and tried to explain things away. In the Hearings she was hostile to the State.

Once Cindy entered into those depositions she was locked into her testimony. Now she tried to stray from that saying she remembers things better now because of the medications etc., but in reality she was trying to skirt her testimony in the deposition and help her daughter.

Cindy would have done more IMO on the stand to help her daughter if for not those depositions. She walked a fine line, was impeached, but I don't think she will be charged.

Cindy and George were used from day 1 by the defense..... He probably was way too close to Casey's parents in giving them advice about how to save her. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Anthonys don't go after Baez with charges of misconduct after this is all over.

And then at the 11th hour Baez having given them these phones allegedly, having kept Casey from them for 2.5 years, having used them for his purposes, i.e. the Ritz to make money for the defense etc., other times when he was in their home, he then throws George and Lee under the bus after they had cooperated with him to help Casey.

Yup I see Baez not Cindy being the target after this trial. Not only will the Anthony family go after him I also think the sanctions will be strong on his failure to follow court orders. MOO

I believe she should be prosecuted. Perjury was just the latest in a long list of crimes committed by her to save her daughter, which tells me she knew all along who killed Caylee and that Caylee was indeed dead. I think both CA and GA should be prosecuted.

I've been watching and listening to CA since this whole tragic murder was known. Watching CA on GVS, I knew immediately the toddler was dead and murdered by her mother. CA portrayed herself as a tireless, though wilting, steel magnolia. From the outset, she refused to answer questions about Casey, as did George early on, wanting only to say Caylee was MISSING.
I believe they knew when they toured the back yard what had happened and went into spin mode. The ladder, the gate...

Stonewalling the investigation under the guise that law enforcement was not doing their job, looking only at Casey, while they continued to stir the angry citizen pot with cries for Zenaida, without a care for what could have happened to the Zenaida (or her children) we saw or the countless others they practically pointed out to the press and what cities to look in.

GA went to LE and tried work a deal for Casey. He knew.
Cindy practically pee'd herself with glee as she turned over the wrong hairbrush to FBI. She knew.

They concocted the JBP story. They concocted the pool ladder story with the gate being open. They committed fraud on a sympathetic public, taking donations.

Both should be charged with perjury, misprision, tampering with evidence, witness tampering, lying to LE, fraud, whatever else you can throw at them that I am forgetting this morning.

Great post that sums it up completely!

It wasn't just lying under oath on the witness stand, the Anthony Trio worked throughout the past three years to turn the finger pointing at Casey another direction.

If George did tell his girlfriend that Caylee died in an "accident" that meant he knew she was dead while he and Cindy were prompting the public to join them in a search for a live child and accepting donation. That to me, is a serious crime.

Once a verdict has been reached and Casey is being marched to a prison, officials need to get their heads together, examine the Anthony behavior and seriously consider charges. They owe it to the people of Florida who have footed the bill for this legal mess.
jmo

I think the DA will hold off on prosecuting Cindy Anthony during the appeals process, assuming there is one. For now, I'm rather pleased with LDB's rebuttal of Cindy's testimony that has exposed Mrs. Anthony for the blatant liar that she is.

Cindy thought that lying about the chloroform searches would benefit Casey and perhaps prevent consideration of premeditation in Caylee's death. Alas! Cindy succeeded in sealing Casey's fate. Indeed, the iorny is rich.

Let me add that I have been thinking alot about this this morning. I think it did Casey more harm than help with Cindy getting up on that stand and lying. If I were a juror, I would think "hmmmm...why lie if there is nothing to cover up".

IMO, when Cindy said she did the searches, I did not think anything of it. But when Cindy was "obviously" lying to explain away the dates/times, I thought "wow, Cindy just threw her daughter under the bus." Just like George threw Casey under the bus.

i don't. i just watched that testimony this morning and it is very obvious she's lying. i just don't see what would be gained. i still have a great deal of empathy toward the entire anthony family not including kc.
i just can't judge them; i have not walked in their shoes. actions should be brought in the interest of justice and i just do not believe that justice would be served by prosecuting cindy though i agree that she did commit perjury.

I think a Perjury Charge would be very interesting. As others point out, Cindy's never given straight answers and, when she has, she can lie like the expert teacher she is.

It would be interesting for her to face THIS consequence as well.

But the State should definitely tell the jury "Cindy lied to save her daughter, because Cindy knows Casey did it AND was pre-meditating the murder, too. Otherwise, she would have no need for the lies and cover-ups." I think this is another strong piece of evidence - the act of lies and deceit by Cindy to help Casey.

If she wasn't convinced, she'd have never needed to do it.

I was watching the 5-year-old Casey at the birthday party. All JonBenet'd up - lipstick. Earrings. Is that EYE LINER?!! MASCARA on those lashes?!!

Selling our children to gypsies, are we, Cindy? Getting them all sexualized and ready for the auction block?

Believe me - trying Cindy for perjury would be such an incredibly LAME charge compared to what I think she's done to her kids. BUT DO IT, Florida. DO IT. You've let Charles Whitman SENIOR enjoy his years as a wife-battering, monster-building "good citizen".

I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

Obviously we all know she is desperate and confused, as she has always been since the beginning of this case. And while Prosecutors may despise her for talking out of both sides of her mouth, I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

I'm think that if ICA is handed the death sentence, then the court wouldn't go after charges. But who knows! It would however prove that lying didn't help to save ICA's life. In fact the lying may have dug her in deeper. But I'm sure that they didn't have much to work with.

I'm in the mindset that the script of what may have happened to Caylee was started in that 31 day period in question. I think that ICA alone was responsible for the death of Caylee, but I think that the entire A clan was in on the misdirection and smoking mirrors. I have lot of opinions of what I think took place in those 31 days that I have never expressed. They are the Masters of Deception and Misdirection. IMO

I think that if ICA is given anything lesser than the death sentence then by all means go after CA,GA or even LA. These are IMO

I do think that they loved ICA and Caylee. But they already knew that Caylee was gone...so they tried to save ICA.

I would hope that she either receives the DP but if not then the Life sentence would be just as well. I do not think that she'll have as much fun in prison as she thinks she will.

She has lost a granddaughter she loved dearly.
She has lost a daughter she loved dearly.
Her daughter will be convicted of murder.
Her once quiet, life will be forever a media circus.
The world will never desist judging her.
She has been proven to be a liar in front of the world.
She may have to watch the State kill her daughter.
She has and will continue to be vilified in the media and on chat boards everywhere.
She will probably never be able to work as a nurse again.

Punishment enough for the sin of trying to protect her family. Cindy is no angel, but she isn't the devil incarnate either. She's a MOTHER.

JMHO

She WAS a Grandmother also. Case closed. This is about getting CAYLEE justice.

Well, if KC gets charges for lying to the police, well, Cindy should too. I think all that money they're set to make on movie deals etc., should be paid in fines to the OCSO. As far as the perjury goes, yep, nail her. She's caused as many delays with her obfuscation as KC has. JMO

I believe she should be prosecuted. Perjury was just the latest in a long list of crimes committed by her to save her daughter, which tells me she knew all along who killed Caylee and that Caylee was indeed dead. I think both CA and GA should be prosecuted.

I've been watching and listening to CA since this whole tragic murder was known. Watching CA on GVS, I knew immediately the toddler was dead and murdered by her mother. CA portrayed herself as a tireless, though wilting, steel magnolia. From the outset, she refused to answer questions about Casey, as did George early on, wanting only to say Caylee was MISSING.
I believe they knew when they toured the back yard what had happened and went into spin mode. The ladder, the gate...
GA went to LE and tried work a deal for Casey. He knew.
Cindy practically pee'd herself with glee as she turned over the wrong hairbrush to FBI. She knew.

Both should be charged with perjury, misprision, tampering with evidence, witness tampering, lying to LE, fraud, whatever else you can throw at them that I am forgetting this morning.

The bolded part reminds me of footage/photo taken of the A's poking around in their backyard after Caylee went missing...lifting up the playhouse..and other things..it makes me think they were following the scent of decomp, trying to cover up stuff. She should be charged. period.

Great post that sums it up completely!

It wasn't just lying under oath on the witness stand, the Anthony Trio worked throughout the past three years to turn the finger pointing at Casey another direction.

If George did tell his girlfriend that Caylee died in an "accident" that meant he knew she was dead while he and Cindy were prompting the public to join them in a search for a live child and accepting donation. That to me, is a serious crime.

Once a verdict has been reached and Casey is being marched to a prison, officials need to get their heads together, examine the Anthony behavior and seriously consider charges. They owe it to the people of Florida who have footed the bill for this legal mess.
jmo

Thank you! And I whole heartedly agree!!

I think Cindy Anthony should be held accountable, LEGALLY for lying on the witness stand.
I sincerely hope the attorneys for THE REAL ZANNY is paying close attention to Cindy's antics and lies in this trial. I viewed Cindy's video-taped deposition in this civil case - and Cindy's behavior, lies and lack of respect during this video shows Cindy's true colors - in my opinion.

Lying on the stand in a sworn testimony flies in the face of many parents who have done the right thing and told the truth, held their own children accountable for their actions, no matter the consequence. IMO

I understand that Cindy is seen as the 'Grieving Grandma" (GG, how appropo) and the reluctance of any prosecuting attorney to "go there" - but not prosecuting her only serves to reinforce her idea that she is special and above the law.

I have very conflicting thoughts about prosecuting her. I see the the Defense and the Prosecutions side as well as any Judges side that might hear the case. I am quite sure that she will not be prosecuted although I do think that she, as well as others, should be held accountable for their actions. Perjury is no laughing matter. The disrespect to the Court, the system, the Judge is maddening. The idea that she will get away with it is frustrating. Although it does not affect me and my life directly...will not prosecuting her set a precedent in any way? Will other victims be able to lie and perjure themselves on the stand and then play the grief card citing St. of FL v Casey Anthony?

Many questions and no answers, apologies for rambling but glad I have a place to vent here. TY :)

I have very strong feelings about many aspects of this case.

One is, ICA's behavior was shaped and fostered over many years by both her parents. Cindy lying, controlling and covering up. George for allowing it to happen. GA went about parenting like he went about finding and keeping a job. Lazily. ICA's behavior went from being irresponsible to putting Caylee in unsafe situations. CA's parents knew that KC was lying, and did NOT know what type of situations ICA was putting Caylee in. And they didn't act on it.

I understand all of the parents following this trial saying, "oh, I would lie for my child." But, before saying that, you need to ask yourself, "would my child put me in a posiition where I would need to perjure myself because my child killed my grandchild?" Would my child call 911 if there was an accident in their home and my grandchild was hurt? Would my child choose to grieve the loss of their child by partying, lying and blaming innocent people for actions that were never committed? Would my child allow thousands of people to spend their time and money looking for my grandchild that was now residing in a swamp? Could my child toss my grandchild into a swamp?

Now, I bet that 99.99% could honestly say, well no, my child would not make the choices that KC has made. Let's hope that I have raised my child to know that there are consequences for bad behavior and poor choices. And that I raised my child that they are not above the law.

If I'm not certain about how my child would act in this given situation, then I need to spend time talking to my child to see where their head is regarding lying, etc. I need to watch my child to see his responses and reactions to different things he/she experiences with their friends. Most importantly, if I am living a life that includes "magical thinking" even in small doses, I need to change that behavior. I need to behave in a way that I would like my child to behave.

I have no doubt that all of us would give an organ to our children if they needed it to keep from dying. But, this situation is completely different.

Yes, my heart goes out to the Anthonys but this entire tragedy was years in the making. And the final act of irresponsibility, disrespect and arrogance was CA perjurying herself. Again, CA illustrated to ICA that it is okay to lie to LE and lie in court.

Because of this, I feel that CA should be held accountable. The entire world is watching this trial and we can not sit by and let CA make a mockery of our judicial system. CA never stopped ICA (now the court system has to do it) and our court system needs to stop CA.

My greatest concern at this moment is LA. He was raised with the same set of wack-a-do life skills as ICA and he has managed. I just hope he gets the professional help he needs to understand that he should not feel guilty, that lying is wrong and that his parents are toxic. That true loved ones would not have placed him in this mess. He needs to get as far away from all of this and start over.

I hope that I said this appropriately. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or bash anyone's parenting skills. Realistically, I believe that the parents on this board would never be placed in CA's shoes.

I believe that CA should be held accountable for lying in court. Period.

REspectfully,
BeagleMom

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313