GUILTY WI - Gail Masset, 38, Mukwonago, 20 Nov 2005

Thanks for the link. I have not heard a THING in my local news - and I'm one town over.

Ang50 said:
Thanks for the link. I have not heard a THING in my local news - and I'm one town over.
just checked and nothing more...missing since 20 nov.--one month now.

Wonder what could have happened to Gail.....hoping she is safe somewhere.

December 22, 2005

It's been a month since a 38-year-old Mukwonago woman vanished.

Police continue to investigate the disappearance of Gail Masset while her family holds out hope she will be home for Christmas.

"I want her to come back home. Everybody misses her. Gail, if you're out there, we love you, and get your butt back to us," Gail's boyfriend, Mike O'Haver, said Thanksgiving week.

O'Haver was the last to see her.

He said he went to bed in their Mukwanago apartment. When he woke up, Masset was gone. Her car, coat and purse were eft behind.

"Where? Who took her? What happened?" Gail's mother, Karyl Masset, asked.

A month later, Masset's family members are facing another holiday without her, but they are not giving up hope.

Continued at link:

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/5617273/detail.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/jan06/384178.asp

Vernon - A body of someone who may have been beaten was found in a ditch Tuesday in southern Waukesha County.

Body Found

Graphic/Enrique Rodriguez

Click to enlarge

Advertisement

The person was found three-tenths of a mile from the intersection of Craig and Maple avenues, near the Racine County border, just after noon by a man who was walking his dog and picking up cans from the roadside, Waukesha County Sheriff's Detective Steve Pederson said. The body was on the north side of Craig about 10 feet from the road and would not have been visible to someone driving by, he said.

Authorities would not say whether foul play was involved or disclose the person's gender. They termed the matter a "death investigation."

"There are definitely suspicious circumstances," District Attorney Paul Bucher said. The location of the body and other factors have raised suspicions, Bucher said.

Bucher went to the scene in the afternoon and viewed the body. The person was facedown, he said. He could not identify whether it was a man or a woman, he said.

Investigators combed the area, marking every piece of potential evidence, Pederson said. Craig Ave. was closed for the night, and detectives will return to the area this morning, he said.

The body was removed from the scene about 5 p.m. An autopsy will be done, but authorities would not say when it will be completed.

Two men who came to the scene said they feared the body was that of their friend's daughter, 38-year-old Gail Masset of nearby Mukwonago, who has been missing since Nov. 21.

Ron Peterson and Jerry Muhonen, both of Big Bend, said they came to the scene out of concern for Tony Masset and his family's fears about his missing daughter.

Family members last had contact with Gail Masset on Nov. 21 about 2 a.m. Her boyfriend said she went outside to have a cigarette and never returned. She left her purse and car behind

It seems it is always the boyfriend or husband who are the last to see these victims and they are usually the one that kills them. It like reading the same book over and over.

I hope that whoever this is, it will bring peace to thier family.

Body identified as missing woman

January 11, 2006
By GM Today Staff

TOWN OF VERNON - The body found Tuesday near Craig Avenue has been identified as Gail Masset, a 38-year-old woman who went missing more than six weeks ago.

Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department Detective Steve Pederson confirmed today the body has been identified as Masset.

Continued at link:

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/local_stories/...01122006_01.asp

I'd be pretty sure it's a homicide, and I'd be pretty sure the boyfriend did it.

First, because THE DA went to the scene. There are at least 15 ADA's in that office, and THE DA is running for state attorney general. Nothing like a good homicide/domestic violence conviction to get your campaign going and your face in the news.

Additionally, I would guess attention is focusing on the boyfriend, because I hadn't heard a lot of publicity when she went missing, and nothing much now like we have a kidnapper/killer loose in our county.

Well, we'll wait and see on this, but it doesn't take a genius.

At least since 1996, this man has been abusing women and children. And the first time, he only got a fine.

Then, in the most recent incidents, after a huge long record, he doesn't even serve jail time!!!!!!!! So finally he kills the woman he's with - should anyone be surprised?????

Of course, the one time that he had criminal trespass to a dwelling, that's a felony (not misdemeanor as the domestic violence is) and he got 20 days in jail on a first offense. Pretty obvious, isn't it, what is valued? Property, not people.

I'll tell you what, I don't care how old my daughter is - even 30 or 40 - if she dates a guy with a record, I will ground her and lock her in her room for her own safety.

Ang50 said:
Well, we'll wait and see on this, but it doesn't take a genius.

:laugh:

I'll tell you what, I don't care how old my daughter is - even 30 or 40 - if she dates a guy with a record, I will ground her and lock her in her room for her own safety.

Do you have a daughter? Either way you sound like a great mom, I would do that too and I know I'm a great mom! :)

I don't have to read anymore. Just from the article I'm convinced.
He must feel really pround to be such a brut to beat up on women. I mean to be so insecure in your masculinity.... WOW. :loser:

He probably attacked her and pulled out some of her hair. she probably put it in a bag as evidence to him beating her and he killed her so she wouldn't go to the police. That's just a thought.
I just can't see why hair and blood would be in a bag. Unless he cleaned it up and dumped it with her.

CrimeHater said:
He probably attacked her and pulled out some of her hair. she probably put it in a bag as evidence to him beating her and he killed her so she wouldn't go to the police. That's just a thought.
I just can't see why hair and blood would be in a bag. Unless he cleaned it up and dumped it with her.
Good thinking, CrimeHater! I have been puzzling over the bag, but that would make sense.

strach304 said:
Do you have a daughter? Either way you sound like a great mom, I would do that too and I know I'm a great mom! :)
I do - a 2 year old, and thank you! And BTW - I also say the guy better thank me for not letting my daughter be with him, because if my husband ever heard that a man was hurting his little girl, hubby would probably kill him, no questions asked. And that's only if GRANDMA didn't hear about it first!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back