LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bed cover and tinted windows. Very interesting. That will hopefully put to rest the assertions that she's sitting on the edge of the rear bumper. Likewise, a bed cover makes it easier for a perp to hide a person and a bike.

So, I take it that these are the actual vehicles and not just an idea of what the vehicles might look like?

Mickey is only 5'1 that's tiny especially if she's curled up feeling vulnerable maybe questioning herself of her situation

The "figure" doesn't seem to have a head. Or clothing. I think if Mickey, who was very safety aware, were hanging off the tailgate of a truck, and saw people at the Circle K, she would have jumped on.

MOO: there is no one hanging off the end of that truck.

I don't kno how to copy and repost the picture but on this thread page 7 cold pizza posted some pictures at 7:20, the second to last picture is of a truck speeding off and while it is the most blurry of the pictures it looks like it could be her bike n the bed of the truck, please check it out...

Upon closer inspection, that sedan might be full-size RWD Cadillac Brougham.

Cadillac Brougham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is, those cars are HUGE on the inside, you could def. fit a bike in the backseat, maybe even in the trunk.
You almost never see them anymore here in the Northeast because they a very prone to rust from road salt. But down south I bet they are still fairly common.

1:47:?? AM Video Captures Mickey
1:49:38 AM Video captures large car

What road is large car on?
Does anybody else think LE may want to speak to whoever is in large car to find out if they saw any activity involving uncovered white truck #1 (#2 is likely the same truck). LE must have the time stamps relative to the uncovered white truck that traveled in both directions (if proven to be the same truck).

Am I the only one who thinks those are 2 different trucks?
I think the 2 by the Circle K may possibly be the same truck. The truck in the photo by itself (in same location as the car they're looking for) is definitely a different truck.

So, I take it that these are the actual vehicles and not just an idea of what the vehicles might look like?

I am not sure what Charlie was talking about. But KATC has continually posted in the comments section under the photos of the truck that the photo is of the actual truck LE want to know about.

The "figure" doesn't seem to have a head. Or clothing. I think if Mickey, who was very safety aware, were hanging off the tailgate of a truck, and saw people at the Circle K, she would have jumped on.

MOO: there is no one hanging off the end of that truck.

Do u see a "head" on the pictures of her on her bike? No it's a bright blur it's because of how blonde her hair is and the way it shows up on the camera. Someone see if u can crop and zoom the pic of her on her bike and put it next to the figure in the back of the truck I bet you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hello all, I am a local student at ULL who happens to live not even two blocks from which MS was last see on video. And let me say, I, a 22 year old capable male, will think twice before traveling the streets near my house. It is very sad and surreal to know that this can happen in OUR neighborhood.

I am a frequent customer at the Circle K where MS was last seen on the camera of the Consolidated Gov building. I suppose that there is another camera at the Martin & Castille funeral home on the corner of St. Mary and St. Landry. Let me just add that further passed the funeral home is in fact a conspicuous poorly lit and desolate area. The two pictures of vehicles on St. Landry appear to be the same truck to me, and if it is, then there might really be something to go on.

I think it is just plain nuts that Mickey or anyone else would be riding a bike at that time of the morning, alone! I don't care how much everybody else does it. This is NOT a safe world we live in, not safe at all.

i searched that area twice and in the parking tower

Yeah, some of the out of towners didn't know what a coulee was. That was just a visual for them. Like I said, probably irrelevant, but helps paint a picture of the surrounding area for those not familiar with it.

The parking garage is the one across from the abandoned Lourdes building. Pretty eerie at night, even in a car.

This is the picture identified as a truck traveling in the same direction as Mickey. It has to be St. Landry, but I'm not recognizing it. Looks like a pedestrian on the sidewalk walking toward the direction of the truck.

I was on St. Landry today, I feel like I should recognize this with no problem!

RBBM - if I am seeing what I think you are referring to as a pedestrian (a figure at the top of the picture somewhat just right of center), then I think that is actually a people-crossing street sign. It is visible in the google map street views too. I thought it was a person at first too, until I zoomed in and compared to the daylight satellite shots. Just goes to show you (well it did me at least!) how easy it is to misinterpret these images... Jmo...

Third white truck with cover was clocked at 1:51:27 AM, the latest time.
Keeping in mind we don't have times on Truck 1 and 2 that look to be the same truck.

Has anyone posited yet that the kidnapper(s) picked Mickey up without her bike, and then came back and picked up her bike later, perhaps after dropping Mickey off somewhere? It's not totally unlikely, given that there are many hours between her disappearing and anyone noticing her missing. They could've tossed it in a bush or even leaned it on a post, and came back and got it at any other point? I hope they're watching all of these surveillance videos for vehicles that came through again a few hours later.

Do u see a "head" on the pictures of her on her bike? No it's a bright blur it's because of how blonde her hair is and the way it shows up on the camera. Someone see if u can crop and zoom the pic of her on her bike and put it next to the figure in the back of the truck I bet you'll see what I'm talking about.

I highly doubt someone would drive around with her on the back like that. Especially with people so close at the gas station? I don't know. Seems a tad out there.

Third white truck with cover was clocked at 1:51:27 AM, the latest time.
Keeping in mind we don't have times on Truck 1 and 2 that looks to be the same truck.

The cover... are they automatic? Could someone have stopped, closed the tailgate & pulled the cover within a couple of minutes?

I think the picture of the truck with the bed liner (the one that we seem to agree is driving N on University past the cemetery) shows the same truck as the picture that was released last night. If you look closely at the initial picture, it's very possible that the "person in the truck" that people keep seeing (I don't) is just reflections of light off a bed cover. I think it may well be the same truck. It passed the opposite way of Mickey, turned left, got picked up on the Southwest Insurance cam just a block away. That's my current theory, at any rate. Look at the picture again (and especially look at the way the camera seems to be spreading the headlights on the second truck; it spreads the taillight the same way on the first truck, causing an optical illusion that makes it look like the truck has no tailgate).

Very good thinking. IOW, all three pics of white trucks might well be the same truck. I would like to see the time stamps of the truck when it was at the intersection, as well as Mickey at the same location. With time stamps we can start to get a better picture. I'm speculating that this truck passed her and caught up with her, again (drove around the block, did a U turn, etc), and snatched her.

I'm sure the time stamps from the 2 cameras might be different, but for this exercise, let's assume they are the same. That puts the goldish car (1:49) 1 block from Mickey photo at circle k (1:48). If the car was traveling the posted speed limit (35 ish mph) and Mickey was traveling average biking speed ( help me out here, 11 ish mph), at what point on st. Landry would the car overcome the bike? Assuming there was a green light at the intersection? Someone posted earlier that the second photo of the car was on st. Landry going in mickey's direction. Unfortunately that one is not time stamped. Any math folks able to figure it out? And if that second car photo is from a block or so up past the circle k on st. Landry, why wasn't there footage of Mickey on it as well? She would have ridden past that spot seconds after the video at circle k was taken??.?.? Wth?

Mickey is only 5'1 that's tiny especially if she's curled up feeling vulnerable maybe questioning herself of her situation

I undertand she is small in stature, but I don't think she could make herself that small. Compare the image to the image of the "running" man/woman in the gas station parking lot. He/she should appear much smaller bc he is in the distance, and the "person" is in the foreground. In fact, he appears larger. The perspective is completely off. I just cannot believe that is a human shape based on it's size. I do however, think it does look strikingly like a person wearing nude colors (or actually nude). But, I think it is just a trick of the eye and the glare of the photo.

Also, logically, I must agree with the other posters who pointed out that this is a still from a video and a video would allow for the figure to be much clearer. If a person were seen driving in the back of a pickup, I think it would be part of the LE released description of the vehicle.

Snipped:
This truck is heading north on University in front of the graveyard. This is about two blocks north of St. Landry Street.
fxuryw.jpg

In my opinion this does not look like the truck(s) captured on St Landry in front of the Circle K on the St. Landry / University intersection.

I agree it doesn't appear to be the same truck by the Circle K. I'm curious as to why they released this photo though because the time on it is 1:51 am which is 3 minutes past the time she traveled through the St. Landry/Univ intersection at 1:48 am unless ... LE thinks it IS the same truck that was in the left turn lane by the Circle K???

Look, from my perspective, there's no way in heck she (or anyone) is sitting on the tailgate. The truck is about to turn left onto University, a major North/South thoroughfare with a speed limit of, what? 45 in town and hitting 55 shortly thereafter? It's not a slow, meandering road through the country, it is a serious highway that moves quickly. No one in their right mind would feel safe sitting on the back of an open tailgate riding up the road. And as the truck is stopped/stopping, there's ample opportunity to jump off.

It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member