What if there was no ransom letter?

If RDI and no letter was left, would that have worked out better for them?

Most children found dead from violence in their home die at the hands of a parent. The abscence of a ransom letter wouldn't cast a lot of doubt in my mind.

A normal ransom letter ("We have your daughter. No cops. Stay by the phone.") really would have. I'd still be scratching my head and going, "Why did they kill her and leave her in the basement?" but I would be far more likely to give Patsy and John the BOD.

Most children found dead from violence in their home die at the hands of a parent. The abscence of a ransom letter wouldn't cast a lot of doubt in my mind.

A normal ransom letter ("We have your daughter. No cops. Stay by the phone.") really would have. I'd still be scratching my head and going, "Why did they kill her and leave her in the basement?" but I would be far more likely to give Patsy and John the BOD.

Me too...that dumb RN did it for me too. As one expert put it..."if there was a ransom note...there should have been no body....since there WAS a body, there shouldn't have been a ransom note". An intruder, IF there had of been one...and he had written the note beforehand, which is what the Ramsey's are saying...that he camped out in their house, for hours...looking around the place, and penning the RN.....he would have taken the darn thing with him, after he had killed her. Why leave that much evidence behind, if it meant NOTHING....no purpose in it. LA even commented that after the 10:00 deadline had past...when the KN was supposed to call...that the Ramsey's didn't even mention it. If it had of been a REAL kidnapping....they would have said...."why didn't the kidnpper call when he said he would"?...and they would have been frantic.

Me too...that dumb RN did it for me too. As one expert put it..."if there was a ransom note...there should have been no body....since there WAS a body, there shouldn't have been a ransom note". An intruder, IF there had of been one...and he had written the note beforehand, which is what the Ramsey's are saying...that he camped out in their house, for hours...looking around the place, and penning the RN.....he would have taken the darn thing with him, after he had killed her. Why leave that much evidence behind, if it meant NOTHING....no purpose in it.

right,and if he'd laid it out on the stairs while 1- carrying JB on the way down (or 2- bf he went up the get her),this doesn't work either way...in no. 1,he'd have to put JB down right below the stairs while he laid out the note,and then he'd scram out of there ASAP with her! Lord knows she might wake up from that 'stun gun' attack ! Scenerio 2 doesn't work either..he'd have to step over the note while carrying JB ! nope,didn't happen,either of the 3 ways.no intruder.
only other thing I would say about that is,isn't there a door right by where the RN was 'found'? So why would said intruder bother to take her down to the basement,even if he does plan to molest her in addition to KN'ing her? that's too risky...he'd get her OUT of the house,either way,via that door ...ASAP! ...as soon as he'd laid that note out !! nope,no going to the basement to try to molest her and then push her out a small window he had to climb to get into.
LA even commented that after the 10:00 deadline had past...when the KN was supposed to call...that the Ramsey's didn't even mention it. If it had of been a REAL kidnapping....they would have said...."why didn't the kidnpper call when he said he would"?...and they would have been frantic.
right on,neither ask LA,'what should we do???? the KN didn't call!!! find out,call someone and ask!! ' JR just *disappears for awhile.hmmmm
his excuse for that in DOI is that he doesn't know if 'tomorrow' meant that day or the next.uh yea.in that case he still would have been asking LA what to do next!! is there anything they can do at that point instead of just waiting a whole day to see if they'll call tomorrow!! !

right,and if he'd laid it out on the stairs while 1- carrying JB on the way down (or 2- bf he went up the get her),this doesn't work either way...in no. 1,he'd have to put JB down right below the stairs while he laid out the note,and then he'd scram out of there ASAP with her! Lord knows she might wake up from that 'stun gun' attack ! Scenerio 2 doesn't work either..he'd have to step over the note while carrying JB ! nope,didn't happen,either of the 3 ways.no intruder.
only other thing I would say about that is,isn't there a door right by where the RN was 'found'? So why would said intruder bother to take her down to the basement,even if he does plan to molest her in addition to KN'ing her? that's too risky...he'd get her OUT of the house,either way,via that door ...ASAP! ...as soon as he'd laid that note out !! nope,no going to the basement to try to molest her and then push her out a small window he had to climb to get into.
right on,neither ask LA,'what should we do???? the KN didn't call!!! find out,call someone and ask!! ' JR just *disappears for awhile.hmmmm
his excuse for that in DOI is that he doesn't know if 'tomorrow' meant that day or the next.uh yea.in that case he still would have been asking LA what to do next!! is there anything they can do at that point instead of just waiting a whole day to see if they'll call tomorrow!! !

Yep, you are right...there IS a door right next to where the rn was found. Remember, one of the Ramsey friends that came over that morning....(can't remember who, was it Fleet?) said that he could read the note through that glass door. You have a good point there....if the intruder had penned the note, while he was alone in the house for hours, and then kidnapped JB from her bed...he could have left the note, and left through that glass door. But NOOOOO...he leaves the note and then takes her down into the cellar. Makes no sense....what IF the Ramsey's had of gotten up early, and found that note...and went looking for JB while he was still down there killing her? If he had of kidnapped her, as you said..from her BR, after putting the note on the stairs, he would have had to step over it, while carrying her. If it had of been a real intruder...my guess is that he would have placed the note somewhere else...like in JB's bed, or something...on her pillow. He would have stun gunned her, placed the note on her pillow and then got the heck outta there. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE that after he wrote the note, he decided to kill her...but he left a RN anyway. A ransom note..is just THAT...asking for ransom money. Why bother leaving that, if she was already dead in the basement?? Why risk leaving behind the handwriting evidence? Why lay the note on the stairs...and then keep on going down to the cellar to kill her, molest her...or both...and risk the parents waking up early to search for her??? And why would an intruder leave the note AFTER he killed her. He sat at the kitchen table, penned the note...hid it somewhere away from the Ramsey's....after the Ramsey's went to sleep, he kidnapped JB, took her to the cellar and killed her, and then came back up and LEFT the Ransom note. WHY would he do that? And if he left it there BEFORE he killed her....or took her from her BR...how did he get around it? Patsy said herself that she had to hold onto the rail and LEAP over it, because if she had of stepped on it, she would have went flying...(those are her words). The WHOLE RN makes no sense at all. Whether it was left before the killing or after the killing, or in between the killing....etc. It makes no sense to still leave it, after she was killed. It also makes no sense that a real kidnapper would have left it on the stairs....how did he know that the Ramsey's always came down, in the morning...using those particular stairs....there WERE TWO SETS of them in that house. He just happened to choose the right one. YEAH RIGHT....and if you believe that...I have some swamp land that I would just love to sell you.

Yeah, like if it was a real kidnapping, they would say..."OH WELL...the kidnapper didn't call at 10 today, maybe he meant 10:00 TOMORROW morning".

Both, I guess.

My reading of the suit suggests there was a problem between the DA's office and Smit, apparently based on the use and possible distribution of photos and video of the crime scene. To me, it sounds like Hunter did not fully trust Smit, but that is just my interpretation of the request for "injunctive relief." It seems to me there is probably more to the story than just this suit.

In my opinion, Smit dropped the ball on JonBenet's case. After finding Hunter's case for injunctive relief, I have to wonder if Hunter regretted hiring Smit. Maybe I'm the only person who sees the court case in this light. I posted the link because earlier discussion here involved Lou Smit. I've rarely seen this suit mentioned and thought others might find it of interest.

My reading of the suit suggests there was a problem between the DA's office and Smit, apparently based on the use and possible distribution of photos and video of the crime scene. To me, it sounds like Hunter did not fully trust Smit, but that is just my interpretation of the request for "injunctive relief." It seems to me there is probably more to the story than just this suit.

In my opinion, Smit dropped the ball on JonBenet's case. After finding Hunter's case for injunctive relief, I have to wonder if Hunter regretted hiring Smit. Maybe I'm the only person who sees the court case in this light. I posted the link because earlier discussion here involved Lou Smit. I've rarely seen this suit mentioned and thought others might find it of interest.

I, for one...found it interesting....thanks for posting it.

Yep, you are right...there IS a door right next to where the rn was found. Remember, one of the Ramsey friends that came over that morning....(can't remember who, was it Fleet?) said that he could read the note through that glass door. You have a good point there....if the intruder had penned the note, while he was alone in the house for hours, and then kidnapped JB from her bed...he could have left the note, and left through that glass door. But NOOOOO...he leaves the note and then takes her down into the cellar. Makes no sense....what IF the Ramsey's had of gotten up early, and found that note...and went looking for JB while he was still down there killing her? If he had of kidnapped her, as you said..from her BR, after putting the note on the stairs, he would have had to step over it, while carrying her. If it had of been a real intruder...my guess is that he would have placed the note somewhere else...like in JB's bed, or something...on her pillow. He would have stun gunned her, placed the note on her pillow and then got the heck outta there. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE that after he wrote the note, he decided to kill her...but he left a RN anyway. A ransom note..is just THAT...asking for ransom money. Why bother leaving that, if she was already dead in the basement?? Why risk leaving behind the handwriting evidence? Why lay the note on the stairs...and then keep on going down to the cellar to kill her, molest her...or both...and risk the parents waking up early to search for her??? And why would an intruder leave the note AFTER he killed her. He sat at the kitchen table, penned the note...hid it somewhere away from the Ramsey's....after the Ramsey's went to sleep, he kidnapped JB, took her to the cellar and killed her, and then came back up and LEFT the Ransom note. WHY would he do that? And if he left it there BEFORE he killed her....or took her from her BR...how did he get around it? Patsy said herself that she had to hold onto the rail and LEAP over it, because if she had of stepped on it, she would have went flying...(those are her words). The WHOLE RN makes no sense at all. Whether it was left before the killing or after the killing, or in between the killing....etc. It makes no sense to still leave it, after she was killed. It also makes no sense that a real kidnapper would have left it on the stairs....how did he know that the Ramsey's always came down, in the morning...using those particular stairs....there WERE TWO SETS of them in that house. He just happened to choose the right one. YEAH RIGHT....and if you believe that...I have some swamp land that I would just love to sell you.

That was Fernie that said he could read the ransom note from the door

Thanks, BOESP. But you only get one chance.

I have to agree with JMO's breakdown. It just makes no sense.

Without the ransom note we would have a case quite similar to the Michel Peterson case. A body showing signs of murder. And for some reason the Michel Peterson case not only went to trial but also ended in conviction. To me the Michel Peterson case was weaker than this case, only difference is the obviously bogus ransom note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back