TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gloria, I agree, the police have some 'splaining to do.

The CUE write-up is very very informative.

From CUE:

Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her. Gail’s sister tried calling Gail back, but Gail did not answer. Her sister then proceeded to call the Signal Mountain Police to check to see if they got hold of Gail. The police said they did talk, but would not give any information as to what they talked about.

---

Why? Why not give the information?

From CUE:

At approx. 12:15pm on April 30, 2011, Gail called sister to let her know that she went to the house in Tennessee and that Matt was not there like he was supposed to be to get the kids. Gail said that she called the police to inform them that Matt was not there and that the kids were home alone. Her sister told her to come up to Buffalo, NY and stay with her, but Gail was not sure what she was going to do. Gail’s sister told her to call her as soon as she figured out what she was doing and to let her know that she was safe.
Her sister or no one else has never heard from Gail again.

---

So, we know for sure that it was GAIL that called police to tell them the kids were home alone. Didn't MP say that HE was the one that came home to find that the kids were home alone?

Gloria, I agree, the police have some 'splaining to do.

The CUE write-up is very very informative.

From CUE:

Gail’s sister gave the Signal Mountain Police Gail’s cell phone number and they said they would call her. Gail’s sister tried calling Gail back, but Gail did not answer. Her sister then proceeded to call the Signal Mountain Police to check to see if they got hold of Gail. The police said they did talk, but would not give any information as to what they talked about.

---

Why? Why not give the information?

From CUE:

At approx. 12:15pm on April 30, 2011, Gail called sister to let her know that she went to the house in Tennessee and that Matt was not there like he was supposed to be to get the kids. Gail said that she called the police to inform them that Matt was not there and that the kids were home alone. Her sister told her to come up to Buffalo, NY and stay with her, but Gail was not sure what she was going to do. Gail’s sister told her to call her as soon as she figured out what she was doing and to let her know that she was safe.
Her sister or no one else has never heard from Gail again.

---

So, we know for sure that it was GAIL that called police to tell them the kids were home alone. Didn't MP say that HE was the one that came home to find that the kids were home alone?

IIRC Matt P said in his statement for his TRO that Gail had left his children home alone.

It certainly puts a significantly different spin if Gail called PD first stating she had left them there...I would think that PD knew the reason she did not want to encounter Matt, and perhaps the reason she returned them at all to Signal Mountain.

Thank you for the CUE statements!

My understanding from the beginning has been that:
Gail did call SMPD but they did not go to the house.
Gail talked to her sister before and after dropping off the kids.

I also 100% believe /know-but cannot link it for you so give it as much weight as you are comfortable with-that gail made it to the base of the mountain. from there she simply vanished.
She either tossed her phone and drove on never looking back-or she crossed paths with someone that made her disappear.

if there was someone in the car before she left the SM house-they did not reveal themselves until Gail got off the phone with her sister.

what does LE need to explain?

The "threats" are about returning the kids correct? I am surprised that Gail did not realize that she didnt have too. Did LE tell her she had too? Or did Matt have some trump card he was going to play if she did not? This is where everything is murky for me...LE could have told her that she wasnt obligated to return with them-they gave her numbers for shelters, and she would have taken them with her if she chose to flee to one...

I also 100% believe /know-but cannot link it for you so give it as much weight as you are comfortable with-that gail made it to the base of the mountain. from there she simply vanished.
She either tossed her phone and drove on never looking back-or she crossed paths with someone that made her disappear.

if there was someone in the car before she left the SM house-they did not reveal themselves until Gail got off the phone with her sister.

BBM:
JBean- are you referring to the last ping from Gail's phone, jeep, or otherwise- or the actual conversation with Diane.. or the combination of all of the above?
TIA if you can answer this question. If not, I understand. ;)

JBean... Do we know for certain Gail was in her jeep when she made the call to her sister at 12:15. Could she have been leaving the residence but not yet in the jeep?
Also, facing the house on RidgeRock the driveway and garage is located on the left.. Do we know IF she entered and exited the house from the garage or did she use the front door to enter and to exit the home?

The "threats" are about returning the kids correct? I am surprised that Gail did not realize that she didnt have too. Did LE tell her she had too? Or did Matt have some trump card he was going to play if she did not? This is where everything is murky for me...LE could have told her that she wasnt obligated to return with them-they gave her numbers for shelters, and she would have taken them with her if she chose to flee to one...

Interesting about the return of the children. I as well would like to know more about this aspect

hmmm,why would GP call and tell the police that MP wasn't there and she left the children there alone. I just don't understand why she would tell the police she is leaving her children alone??? Unless it was some kind of set up?
I wonder if 'someone' WAS at the house. And maybe they surprised GP, unbeknownst to the children...they forced her into the car AND to make the call to the police about MP NOT being there, and leaving the kids...
and after the last phone call, the phone got tossed, and the 'someone' forced her to drive to ____.
IMO, the 'someone' could have been working with MP but......HOW SOON after the phone call to police about MP not there & leaving the children DID MP actually/supposedly arrive to the house???
At any rate, once GP got to the base of the mountain, and IF someone had forced that drive, they had , what, 2 days???? to make her and/or the car disappear BEFORE she was reported missing...correct??
Didn't the neighbor mention seeing her drive past that day, but GP did not look at them or seemed to be distracted??

I am sorry if I am going over stuff already discussed, there was so much to go thru.

I can envision her calling LE and stating she left the kids because she knew Matt was on his way there. And clearly she did not want to encounter him-that seems pretty easy to believe anyway.

I wonder if Matt knew about that call when he filed his TRO? I mean, she cleared it essentially with LE or they would have gone over there I would think.

Did Diane mean for Gail to come to Buffalo on her own, or with the kids I wonder?

I guess I have never been sure there was someone else in Gail's jeep, either someone laying in wait or someone forcing her in to it alone. JMO. I think that is a pretty complicated scenario.

To me if the return of the children could or would be explained, I think we would have the biggest piece of the puzzle. Other than finding her of course.

I would like to know why they didn't get off their butts and go to the house when Gail called them.

JBean... Do we know for certain Gail was in her jeep when she made the call to her sister at 12:15. Could she have been leaving the residence but not yet in the jeep?
Also, facing the house on RidgeRock the driveway and garage is located on the left.. Do we know IF she entered and exited the house from the garage or did she use the front door to enter and to exit the home?
I know for certain she was in the car talking to her sister after she dropped off the kids and while she was driving to the base of the mountain. Please let me qualify that I think she made it to the base of the mountain-but it is possible she drove a distance but didn;t make it all the way down. IOW, she drove a distance consistent with getting to the base of the mountain-but clearly she could have stopped and not driven the entire way.
But I cannot link it-so you can only give it the weight you are comfortable with. -but like all sources someone could possibly not be truthful or Gail may have not been truthful. In other words I suppose it is possible that gail said she was driving but she wasn't.-so I can only tell you what the understanding was at the time.

I will add that my sources are verified by the forum.

Knowing this now makes so much more sense to me. We wondered why she would drive all that way just to leave so early in the morning and now we know - she had 12 hours. It's obvious she took that seriously. I think she was dropping the kids off to him to buy time- comply with his demands to bring the kids back, then get to a safe place, process the events of the last 24 hours and make a plan.

Interesting about the return of the children. I as well would like to know more about this aspect

This I don't understand. Why would she have to 'return' the children. They are hers - doesn't seem to have been any issue with her coming/going to the lakehouse with them ever before.

UNLESS, MP had something drastic planned for Gail - and didn't want the kids caught in the crossfire.

JBean- is it confirmed GP indeed called LE to say MP was not at the home and the children were being left there? Prior to presumedly leaving that last time?
Also may I ask, if one left the family home, and followed the standard, normal route to the 'base' of the mountain, how many miles is it?

JBean- is it confirmed GP indeed called LE to say MP was not at the home and the children were being left there? Prior to presumedly leaving that last time?
Also may I ask, if one left the family home, and followed the standard, normal route to the 'base' of the mountain, how many miles is it?

Six or seven miles depending on which road a person would take to exit the mtn... You could go down the front of the mtn. 127 S to Signal Mtn Rd or go down the "W" road which would take you to Mtn Creek Road..
I would think Signal Mtn Blvd., Mtn Creek Road, Suck Creek Road area are considered the base of the Mtn..
If a person were to take 127 N that goes over the mtn you come off the mtn into Sequatchie valley located in Sequatchie County.. To me that would be considered north base of the mtn...JMHO

ETA.. It is about a 10 mile drive from the residence on Ridgerock to Big Fork Rd on the Sequatchie side of the mtn..

Does anyone know who filed the CUE report? Looking at it, it seems like reports can be made by anyone with a copy of the police report?

Don't know, but I did notice one oddity. The report is largely written in the voice of a neutral narrator. There is one part however in parenthesis that jumps into a "it's unlike Gail not to call US" type voice, then back to the narrator. It makes me think that it came from the family.

Locals - besides the major local newspapers are there any alternative papers or magazines widely read in Chattanooga?

Locals - besides the major local newspapers are there any alternative papers or magazines widely read in Chattanooga?

We have the Times News Free Press, Chattanoogan.com, The Pulse..Could be others I'm not familar with too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine