TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible link between the Bobo and Shunick cases? Holly attended a camp in MISSISSIPPI. Did the perp. see Holly when she was in Mississippi?

I had asked on 4-26-2011, Thread #16, pg. 14, post #320, if Holly had attended any camps. Miziree posted below after that, then after that I quoted Miziree, and my post is below the line 4-26-2011, pg. 14, Thread #16, post #338:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miziree
This was posted today:
http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

Bobo, an active member of Corinth Baptist and a Christian from an early age, sings solos at the church. In fact, she was scheduled to sing April 17 at Corinth. She and her family have been members of the church for six years.

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

also:
Bobo “grew up in our youth group,” said Franks. She planned to use her nursing skills on the church’s frequent trips to Belize.

My question was:

I'm wondering if Holly went to any church sponsored young person's retreats? And, if so, were these retreats composed of young people from different southern states? We know she was in the choir at her church and sang there, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:
Capri, Dr.Fessel, Miziree

They did say that the suspect in Shunick's murder was found with a bunch of other women's id cards, licenses etc. and they suspect him in other crimes. And he has been indicted in the murder of Lisa Pate in 1999.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19069692/lavergnes-indictment-for-pate-murder

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/investi...for-connections-to-accused-louisiana-murderer

I also hold out the possibility in Holly's case that if no progress is made in Darden, with the infrequent searches and what little evidence has been found to date that, perhaps, the suspect will have 1) committed another prior crime that has a better chance of being solved and would lead to more info about Holly or 2) will commit another crime in the future and get caught.

Something along the lines of the the Amber Duboise and Chelsea King murders. In those cases, Duboise vanished first and it was not until John Gardner was caught and charged with the murder of Chelsea King that he confessed to the Duboise killing and lead law enforcement to her body in a deal to escape the death penalty.

** HOLLY BOBO new search announced.

A new search and rescue team is asking for volunteers for July 28-29. You must be 18 or older with a photo ID. You must PREREGISTER on the link below to be allowed to search. If you aren't registered, you can't search. The reason for this is, it saves alot of time doing paperwork at the search site that we could be searching. Please register and help if you can.

So far we have 15 people signed up for the July 28th and 29th Search other than our own personnel. We are looking for roughly 200.

We will be meeting at 7am and searching until 1pm both days. Those who sign up will be notified of where we are meeting a few days before the search.

You can preregister at http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html. Please pre-register so we can have a good idea of how many people we have and we can set the teams and team leaders prior to arriving.

https://www.facebook.com/southeastk9

[ Can we link to Facebook ? I can't remember :( If not, mods please remove link. }

A new search and rescue team is asking for volunteers for July 28-29. You must be 18 or older with a photo ID. You must PREREGISTER on the link below to be allowed to search. If you aren't registered, you can't search. The reason for this is, it saves alot of time doing paperwork at the search site that we could be searching. Please register and help if you can.

So far we have 15 people signed up for the July 28th and 29th Search other than our own personnel. We are looking for roughly 200.

We will be meeting at 7am and searching until 1pm both days. Those who sign up will be notified of where we are meeting a few days before the search.

You can preregister at http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html. Please pre-register so we can have a good idea of how many people we have and we can set the teams and team leaders prior to arriving.

[ Can we link to Facebook ? I can't remember :( If not, mods please remove link. }

Aww, I wish I lived closer! I would definitely help out. It's so frustrating to live far away and feel helpless in these cases.

They did say that the suspect in Shunick's murder was found with a bunch of other women's id cards, licenses etc. and they suspect him in other crimes. And he has been indicted in the murder of Lisa Pate in 1999.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19069692/lavergnes-indictment-for-pate-murder

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/investi...for-connections-to-accused-louisiana-murderer

I also hold out the possibility in Holly's case that if no progress is made in Darden, with the infrequent searches and what little evidence has been found to date that, perhaps, the suspect will have 1) committed another prior crime that has a better chance of being solved and would lead to more info about Holly or 2) will commit another crime in the future and get caught.

Something along the lines of the the Amber Duboise and Chelsea King murders. In those cases, Duboise vanished first and it was not until John Gardner was caught and charged with the murder of Chelsea King that he confessed to the Duboise killing and lead law enforcement to her body in a deal to escape the death penalty.

Yes, I agree. I know we discussed the turkey camo at length early on, but that still doesn't keep me from wondering if there is a possible connection with BSL and the "military fatigues" he was seen wearing often. Especially because he supposedly wore both his first and last name on his uniform, so it wasn't even a real military uniform. Who knows what type of camo it was.

Yes, I agree. I know we discussed the turkey camo at length early on, but that still doesn't keep me from wondering if there is a possible connection with BSL and the "military fatigues" he was seen wearing often. Especially because he supposedly wore both his first and last name on his uniform, so it wasn't even a real military uniform. Who knows what type of camo it was.

Consensus was IIRC at the time there is enough differences between hunting camo, specific turkey camo, and military camo that if it were a military uniform it would have been described as such, rather than being specifically identified as turkey camo or an outfit you would wear for turkey hunting.

As I noted and others did as well, so many people wear camo all the time anyway that in itself is not a super helpful clue. It's not like the suspect was seen wearing a neon orange wet suit with flippers. Some of my yard men wear head to toe camo even in the middle of summer including hats, masks and gloves.

You go, Bear!! Gibson, Bakers, Gooch and Gibson need to be fully cleared.

Bear is a dog.
Gibson, Bakers, Gooch and Gibson are roads that need to be completely cleared.

Consensus was IIRC at the time there is enough differences between hunting camo, specific turkey camo, and military camo that if it were a military uniform it would have been described as such, rather than being specifically identified as turkey camo or an outfit you would wear for turkey hunting.

As I noted and others did as well, so many people wear camo all the time anyway that in itself is not a super helpful clue. It's not like the suspect was seen wearing a neon orange wet suit with flippers. Some of my yard men wear head to toe camo even in the middle of summer including hats, masks and gloves.

No, of course the camo alone doesn't mean much. It's the totality of everything we know about BSL. I wouldn't just consider some random person who wore camo as possibly being involved. It's that he's already charged as a serial killer in an area that's not too far away.

ETA: And my point about not knowing what type of camo it was is that, since his nametag wasn't even correct for a military uniform, maybe he (BSL) wasn't actually wearing military fatigues after all and it was some other type of camo, like turkey camo. The person who spotted him may not know the difference.

Should we not preregister unless we are 100% sure we will be there?

What's the closest airport if a person wanted to fly in?

Goldiegirl, looks like Nashville would be the closest. It is sad that Holly's thread has dwindled down to just a few posts.

Days Holly has been missing: 465
Days since last TBI press release: 460

I have messaged the SAR group with your questions, and will let you know what they say.

Hello, I am new to the Holly Bobo discussion threads..but I have been playing 'catch-up'. I thought I'd throw out some thoughts of my own here. When I first read about this case over a year ago I read that Holly's brother Clint was taking a shower..that might explain why he didn't hear anything. As far as Holly's scream(s)..I just know that I would scream/be screaming if someone hurt(stabbed?)me..or scared the heck out of me by surprising me. The blood tested as being hers so we know the perp did SOMETHING to her..I suggest a knife because noone heard a gunshot/gunshots. The golden retriever(the outside dog?)..this breed of dog is gentle and friendly..not a real good watchdog..if he was kept outside why didn't anyone mention HIM barking when Holly screamed? Something else..why wouldn't the perp want to "take the dog out" to assure that it wouldn't/couldn't bark? Lastly..if the perp walked from the same direction he returned to with Holly, wouldn't you think he would have taken a look inside the window of that enclosed garage where Clint's car was that morning? I truly believe it was someone who knew the area well enough to get Holly out of there before being detected. Someone local who chose turkey-hunting season as an opportune time to do a different kind of hunting. I think he was already in the garage bent down in wait for Holly. Just my opinion and thoughts here.

Hello, I am new to the Holly Bobo discussion threads..but I have been playing 'catch-up'. I thought I'd throw out some thoughts of my own here. When I first read about this case over a year ago I read that Holly's brother Clint was taking a shower..that might explain why he didn't hear anything. As far as Holly's scream(s)..I just know that I would scream/be screaming if someone hurt(stabbed?)me..or scared the heck out of me by surprising me. The blood tested as being hers so we know the perp did SOMETHING to her..I suggest a knife because noone heard a gunshot/gunshots. The golden retriever(the outside dog?)..this breed of dog is gentle and friendly..not a real good watchdog..if he was kept outside why didn't anyone mention HIM barking when Holly screamed? Something else..why wouldn't the perp want to "take the dog out" to assure that it wouldn't/couldn't bark? Lastly..if the perp walked from the same direction he returned to with Holly, wouldn't you think he would have taken a look inside the window of that enclosed garage where Clint's car was that morning? I truly believe it was someone who knew the area well enough to get Holly out of there before being detected. Someone local who chose turkey-hunting season as an opportune time to do a different kind of hunting. I think he was already in the garage bent down in wait for Holly. Just my opinion and thoughts here.

Hi, welcome to this muddled case...

I wonder if the dog knew the person who took Holly...and if she did not struggle, just let out one scream, the dog may not have known she was in danger.

I get a feeling this is someone Holly knew on some level and maybe the man had come around and "made friends" with the dog when no one was home-I think I read at one point that the big dog was an "outdoor" dog. So maybe the dog recognized him.

As far as Clint being in the shower, not sure if that is rumor or fact.

Hello, I am new to the Holly Bobo discussion threads..but I have been playing 'catch-up'. I thought I'd throw out some thoughts of my own here. When I first read about this case over a year ago I read that Holly's brother Clint was taking a shower..that might explain why he didn't hear anything. Karen said Clint was asleep with the door closed and did not hear the screams. As far as Holly's scream(s)..I just know that I would scream/be screaming if someone hurt(stabbed?)me..or scared the heck out of me by surprising me. The blood tested as being hers so we know the perp did SOMETHING to her..I suggest a knife because noone heard a gunshot/gunshots. The blood was described as being a small amount. It could be from a busted lip, broken nose, torn ear ring, etc. The golden retriever(the outside dog?)..this breed of dog is gentle and friendly..not a real good watchdog..if he was kept outside why didn't anyone mention HIM barking when Holly screamed? Something else..why wouldn't the perp want to "take the dog out" to assure that it wouldn't/couldn't bark? Very little has actually been said about any dogs being inside or outside. Some versions of the story imply that the dog barking inside is what woke Clint up. Lastly..if the perp walked from the same direction he returned to with Holly, wouldn't you think he would have taken a look inside the window of that enclosed garage where Clint's car was that morning? There is no enclosed garage. The cars are parked in an open air car port behind the house. It has a roof and some sort of side wall(s) but is not enclosed or closed off. We don't know exactly how Clint looked out but it seems that he did so through a door. I truly believe it was someone who knew the area well enough to get Holly out of there before being detected. Someone local who chose turkey-hunting season as an opportune time to do a different kind of hunting. I think he was already in the garage bent down in wait for Holly. We don't know where the suspect was initially just that blood was found at the back of the garage/car port seeminly by Holly's car. Clint heard the suspect and Holly (?) talking in the yard BEFORE he saw them kneeling in the garage area. So something had been going on before he woke up. Just my opinion and thoughts here.

my comments in red

I apologize for not explaining myself better..I either heard on tv or read somewhere in the beginning of this case that Holly's brother Clint was taking a shower around that time that morning..I wish I could remember the source. I'm not trying to throw incorrect information out there so I will leave it at that. Again..from the aerial photos that I've seen on here..it looks like(to me)that Clint was looking out the glass window of the door that opened out to the walkway area with the rope that you see Holly standing in front of..she goes down a few steps..turns the corner left and is in the open carport where her car(only)was that morning. Didn't I read on here that Clint's car was in the completely enclosed building that the perp walked by from the woods if he went back the same route as he came(with Holly)? The weather was going to be bad so he put his car in the completely enclosed stand-alone building where Holly's mother is shown walking toward? That is where you can see the golden retriever to the left. I'm assuming it was their dog, and he is outside. The neighbor heard the scream(s)but he doesn't mention a dog barking..if the dog was outside that morning I don't understand why it didn't bark, unless it knew the person Holly was talking/walking away with? Surely hearing Holly's scream(s)..loud enough for the neighbor to hear..would have caused it to bark? The house is in the country..on a dirt road..it even sits up and away from the road a good distance. The person who did this..in my opinion only..had to somehow know this family's time schedules/routines. They would also have to have planned a route of escape on the chance that someone might be coming up that long driveway that morning. My common sense tells me that it was someone who maybe wasn't a friend..but perhaps an acquaintance..from her church..her nursing class? I believe he is from the area..how else would he know the back way out of there? And how convenient that he just happened to choose hunting season to make his move? Living in New England I generally follow the Northeast cases..but every now and then there is a case that "touches me"(Kyron Horman)like Holly Bobo's case and I so badly want to see a "happy ending." My heart goes out to the Bobo family, I pray every day for Holly's(still possible)safe return. I can't imagine having to live this nightmare that her family lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave