GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

Has anyone ever done a handwriting analysis on him. My goodness every letter is going a different direction. It is crazy looking. I think it would be interesting to see an analysis. jmo

From the transcript of Dr. Drew's show.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/18/ddhln.01.html

OK. With me to discuss this, I`ve got Melissa Moore, she is the daughter of a serial killer, Keith Jesperson, who is serving life behind bars for having killed eight women; and a Handwriting Expert, Pennie Morehead to help us look at somebody`s letters; and also staying with me as well is Michelle Ward, she`s a criminal psychologist.

I`m going to start with you, Penny, and say, you say van der Sloot`s handwriting is consistent with someone who maintains a psychological distance between himself and others. Tell us what you mean by that.

PENNIE MOREHEAD, HANDWRITING EXPERT: Yes. If you can see the sample of handwriting, you`ll notice wide, wide spaces between the separate words in the writing as well as wide spaces between the lines of the writing. And -

PINSKY: Pennie, I`m going to stop you. Can you guys zero in on that a little bit? Can you get it closer so people can see what we`re talking about? You can see that - you can see - there you go. It`s a little better. And you can see it`s a very childish, a very immature-type block lettering with big spaces in between letters, words, and the lines of sentences.

So go ahead there, Pennie, I`m sorry.

MOREHEAD: Yes. And what we know is when we see these wide spaces, very extraordinary wide spaces between the words and the wide spaces between the lines of the writing, this suggests that the writer is - has a very massive psychological buffer around himself. He`s choosing not to interact emotionally with others. He just doesn`t care to understand their thoughts and feelings, as well as keeping this barrier, this thick barrier so that others may not view his true thoughts and feelings.

----

All right. I want to take one look here at the last part of the letter where van der Sloot is signing it, you can`t even read the signature. Bu, Pennie, there it is there. His writing is in block letters, and then he signs on top of that in this very chaotic scratch. What do you make of that?

MOREHEAD: Well, I think this signature suggests that the writer is trying to deceive us. The body of his handwriting is not the same as his signature, and there is a lot of what I call bluffing in the signature. You`ll notice that we cannot clearly see what the letters are.

There`s a lot of scribbling, going round and round and round, up and down, back and forth, and what this writer is doing, maybe unconsciously, is trying to create a lot of chaos and a lot of confusion around his name, around his signature so that we cannot see who he actually really is.

I also see something in here that we call self cancellation, when an individual writes their name and then they sort of scribble and scratch out over the top of it, it`s sort of a - it`s sort of an indicator of self hatred.

More at link...

I knew they'd scammed her out of that $75,000. But the fact that she refuses to blame JVDS for anything is frightening. Someone has to step in and get her some help before she's homeless or dead.

MOO

My bolding

It is frightening. She's so deeply gripped in her obsession and delusions about him that her brain probably can't even go there. She is in need of serious help.

It is good that this is all coming out though. It's showing just how JVDS conned and manipulated this mentally unstable woman. HE is still conning and manipulating her, she may be beyond help after JVDS gets finished with her.

He is beyond evil.

JMHO

Has anyone ever done a handwriting analysis on him. My goodness every letter is going a different direction. It is crazy looking. I think it would be interesting to see an analysis. jmo

can anyone take a screen shot the new letter and post it? every time i try to open the file my browser crashes... grrr.

Heard it again on HLN that Joran's saying he's going to appeal his conviction. Can he do that when he confessed (a "sincere" confession no less) and pled guilty?

Heard it again on HLN that Joran's saying he's going to appeal his conviction. Can he do that when he confessed (a "sincere" confession no less) and pled guilty?

He's appealing the aggravated murder charge and the sentence. He still believes it should be a simple murder charge with lots of time off the sentence for his "sincere" confession. *eyeroll* He's not disputing that he killed her.

Basically the difference between 1st degree and manslaughter.

MOO

He's appealing the aggravated murder charge and the sentence. He still believes it should be a simple murder charge with lots of time off the sentence for his "sincere" confession. *eyeroll* He's not disputing that he killed her.

MOO

He's already filed an appeal? Does he have a chance in YKW of winning the appeal?

Actually, doesn't someone other than the perpetrator determine whether or not it's aggravated murder or manslaughter? IDK like maybe the judges???

ETA: I really think he should be grateful for the sentence he got. He's lucky the prosecution didn't ask for death penalty or LWOP.

He's already filed an appeal? Does he have a chance in YKW of winning the appeal?

Actually, doesn't someone other than the perpetrator determine whether or not it's aggravated murder or manslaughter? IDK like maybe the judges???

ETA: I really think he should be grateful for the sentence he got. He's lucky the prosecution didn't ask for death penalty or LWOP.

Unfortunately, Peru does not have the death penalty and while Stephany's family certainly tried to pressure the prosecution to charge him with robbery as the motive which would have resulted in the penalty being life, the prosecution did not feel they had enough evidence for this and went for the separate robbery after the fact charge. Too bad. I think he would have gone to trial if they had gone for the whole "enchilada" so to speak.

MOO

Unfortunately, Peru does not have the death penalty and while Stephany's family certainly tried to pressure the prosecution to charge him with robbery as the motive which would have resulted in the penalty being life, the prosecution did not feel they had enough evidence for this and went for the separate robbery after the fact charge. Too bad. I think he would have gone to trial if they had gone for the whole "enchilada" so to speak.

MOO

It's not up to the perperator to determine aggravated murder or manslaughter is it?

MOO

Very hard to dispute when she is on video going into this hotel room, but never comes out alive.

It's not up to the perperator to determine aggravated murder or manslaughter is it?

Well you wouldn't think so. But then someone as arrogant as JVDS might. He was shaking his head no to all of the evidence as they were reading it so I guess he thinks the Peruvian investigators were incompetant and got it all wrong. And of course we know he would think that female judges are incompetant...that's a given. :rolleyes:

MOO

From what I understand of the Peruvian legal system, (which is limited at best), is that IF a defendant pleads guilty with a "sincere" confession given, he's given a lighter sentence. It is for that reason that Joran confessed and gave his version of the "sincere" confession.

But, the point is, the confession HAS to be "sincere." = meaning the 'confession' has to agree with the facts of the crime, ie the evidence.:sleuth:

The judges felt HIS confession wasn't "sincere" because the 'sincere' confession didn't match the crime.:waitasec:

He said, from what I recall, that Stephanie was UNCONSCIOUS after he struck her in the nose and since he thought she would id him and turn him in so he killed her by strangling her, or so he SAID was what he was thinking. So he took off his shirt to clean up the blood from the nose bleed and it was only then he realized she was still alive so he then used his shirt to smother her.:mad:

HOWEVER, the facts of the scene, 'evidence,' point towards the victim FIGHTING within an inch of her life, but she lost. :( The victim had bruises ALL OVER her body, from head to foot. She put up a heck'a of a fight. It was a BRUTAL MURDER!:(

Joran :liar: and rather than the soft sentence he THOUGHT he'd get with his confession of close to 8 or 10 years, he got 28! or 26 after time served.

Joran bluffed, he LOST!:thud:

Murderer Joran Van der Sloot is :behindbar where he belongs.

JMHO
fran

PS....I want to make a confession. I HAVE to admit, that since I've watched JVDS from afar when the Holloway case was in the news, I had to finally :lol: AT the :panic: Joran. :pillowfight2: Watching all these hangers-on of Joran, my first thought was, "Who's On First?" He does attract the most BIZARRE group! :floorlaugh:

kamille-- thank you very much!

(i tried the radar link again last night and it immediately crashed again lol)

i don't have a background in handwriting analysis nor have i read much except re: the ransom note from the jonbenet ramsey case but the first thing i thought of when i saw this letter was that jvds was writing like that b/c he was thinking in his head what to say to hamer... and the time it took to think of and print the "right" words (the most genuine sounding yet manipulative he could think of) was reflected in the spacing... ???

Tonight on the Biography Channel at 8PM Eastern:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (202), (Documentary)."

It's a re-run but still may be interesting to those who haven't seen it.

From what I understand of the Peruvian legal system, (which is limited at best), is that IF a defendant pleads guilty with a "sincere" confession given, he's given a lighter sentence. It is for that reason that Joran confessed and gave his version of the "sincere" confession.

But, the point is, the confession HAS to be "sincere." = meaning the 'confession' has to agree with the facts of the crime, ie the evidence.:sleuth:

The judges felt HIS confession wasn't "sincere" because the 'sincere' confession didn't match the crime.:waitasec:

Did he LOOK! sincere? (squirming around, flashing threateing looks under his wiping arm,
grimacing, clinching fists, weaving off balance on his feet, like a trapped zombie gritting his
teeth remembering a former life when zombies were free, etc etc etc etc .... all at the Judge
and in the presence of the Judge! .............) For once his charm failed him totally.

He couldnt even find the control to stand in one spot and be still, long enough to face the air ahead, he was so full of rage. He looked like a spent prize fighter who knows he has lost but wanting to launch an attack, at his fate.

Yep. It was sincere alright.

Sincerity of a mad cobra and a psychopath!

ZAP! Decision made:

28 years. Case closed. Appeal? :waitasec::seeya: Bye Joran.

Did he LOOK! sincere? (squirming around, flashing threateing looks under his wiping arm,
grimacing, clinching fists, weaving off balance on his feet, like a trapped zombie gritting his
teeth remembering a former life when zombies were free, etc etc etc etc .... all at the Judge
and in the presence of the Judge! .............) For once his charm failed him totally.

He couldnt even control himself to stan in one spot he was so full of rage.
He looked like a spent prize fighter trying to find a place on the floor to launch an attack..

Yep. It was sincere alright.

Sincerity of a mad coba and a psychopath!

ZAP! Decision made:

28 years. Case closed. Appeal? :waitasec::seeya: Bye Joran.

I listened to The Sociopath Next Door today on audio and the description given by the author is so spot on. No conscience, takes no responsibility, and he's of superior intelligence to anyone. ... in his mind, of course. Great book - Audible has it on for $4.95

Tonight on the Biography Channel at 8PM Eastern:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (202), (Documentary)."

It's a re-run but still may be interesting to those who haven't seen it.

Did you catch the part where John Ludiwck said JVDS told him he was leaving Aruba to go live in Peru for a while before going back to Thailand?

Not that he was going to Peru because he was invited to play in any poker tournament.

Did you catch the part where John Ludiwck said JVDS told him he was leaving Aruba to go live in Peru for a while before going back to Thailand?

Not that he was going to Peru because he was invited to play in any poker tournament.

Wasn't JVD trying to borrow more money from Ludwick, he probably wouldn't tell him to gamble with... Later he told him he didn't need it? Memory could be way off on this.

PS....I want to make a confession. I HAVE to admit, that since I've watched JVDS from afar when the Holloway case was in the news, I had to finally :lol: AT the :panic: Joran. :pillowfight2: Watching all these hangers-on of Joran, my first thought was, "Who's On First?" He does attract the most BIZARRE group! :floorlaugh:

Respectfully snipped and my bolding

JVDS attracts two types, the mentally unstable like MH, the type he can prey on and manipulate, and those who are cut from the same cloth as him.

Most of the comments below the articles about MH are attacking her, that's understandable given the outlandish and crazy things she says and does, on top of sending him all that money, she probably isn't going to get a whole lot of sympathy because of that. But she's also exactly the type that a sociopathic cretin like JVDS would sink his claws into and not take them out until he wipes them clean and then tosses them away. It was probably like taking candy from a baby for him to get MH to send him money.

MH seems different from some of other JVDS hangers in that she is clearly delusional and mentally unwell and really seems to believe that it's just her and JVDS against the world. She now even brings AVDS into it, saying even AVDS turned against her son, even more reason in her unstable mind that she needs to fight. I don't believe that's entirely accurate though, I believe AVDS got alarmed once MH started talking publicly and it became obvious that she was unstable, knowing how it would look if it got out that she's been sending them both all that money. AVDS saying JVDS isn't worth saving was just meant to tell MH to go away.

MH is definitely off her rocker but needs sympathy as well.

JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back