Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this must be a debit card statement. The reason being is the ones after that or gas purchases. What should go and rather quickly. But when I rent a car, the charges not done is it not until after I turn it in? there for that 400 dollars was to cover her debit card?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if it was a debit or credit card but I do know, when you rent a car, the establishment (Budget in this case) puts a hold on several hundred dollars.

It used to be you couldn't rent a car using a debit card (because you can deplete your account before you return the car which means, no collateral for the company) but now that most people only have debit cards, they are able to authorize and put a freeze on a few hundred dollars until you return the car.

What difference does it make? I lost your point! Thanks!

I just don't understand where all that cash was coming from. She wasn't working at a high end restaurant and had considerable expenses in car rental, gas, gas cans, a GUN, air tickets, etc etc. Where do you guys think this money was coming from???? was she stealing from her grandparents???

She was definitely stealing from someone. I'm guessing grandparents, parents, friends, etc.

Every second she is in that house she's at risk to be discovered, I think she was watching the house to determine when TA was alone.

I think it stands to reason that Jodi Arias was laying in wait until Travis Alexander was alone.

She simply wouldn't go through all the preparations to cover her tracks in the days following Travis' "sociopath" lid-slamming on any possible relationship including a staged burglary, the inconspicuous rental car rented outside Yreka, the gas cans, buying another gas can to make it work, paying cash for gas, surreptitious hair dying, taking the battery out of her phone, etc. etc. all so a random roommate could say "Oh, Hi Jodi".

Not a chance.

Hopefully Juan Martinez will suggest this -- or find some way to introduce evidence this was the case -- just to give her extra special creepy points.

Question...Does anybody know what the phone calls (and maybe texts) were about that JA and TA exchanged before she got to Mesa on June 4th?
Has JA testified about what was said in those calls?
Many Thanks!

She was definitely stealing from someone. I'm guessing grandparents, parents, friends, etc.

I'd like to add co-workers to that .. she went through a massive number of jobs, I'm thinking she skipped as soon as she felt the murmurs of suspicion then moved onto the next restaurant with a new pool of handbags, tip jars, and tills to mine.

If you're working in a restaurant, is there a way to not run up accounts - ie look like you are but really not be, or is it too well documented all the way through?

Either way, she had a LOT more money than her income would suggest.

Here is my question:

Is there any logical reason why she refilled the 3 gas cans in Salt Lake City if she was not driving through Arizona on her trip home? I first assumed it was to remain "off the grid" in terms of purchases in Arizona on the trip back but she didn't go that way.

Do you think she filled those gas cans in SLC to further corroborate her story about filling the gas cans to avoid spending more money on higher priced gas in California? I assume she had burned all her evidence by that point, so she didn't need the full gas cans anymore...

BBM

That would be my theory.

I just gotta say I am glad DB is alive... I hope he has wised up. It didn't take Abe long did it? ~ well once she got on the stand anyway!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

abe doesn't trust her for sure. i'll have to review his interview on dr. drew. iirc she called him with intent to visit him, picked up by his answering machine since he was out of town a few days. i think he said, who knows what she was planning. i don't think she was a suspect at that time. my opinion, she had some kind of use for him, to frame him , if not worse. i think abe said he was glad he was gone.

I think it stands to reason that Jodi Arias was laying in wait until Travis Alexander was alone.

She simply wouldn't go through all the preparations to cover her tracks in the days following Travis' "sociopath" lid-slamming on any possible relationship including a staged burglary, the inconspicuous rental car rented outside Yreka, the gas cans, buying another gas can to make it work, paying cash for gas, surreptitious hair dying, taking the battery out of her phone, etc. etc. all so a random roommate could say "Oh, Hi Jodi".

Not a chance.

Hopefully Juan Martinez will suggest this -- or find some way to introduce evidence this was the case -- just to give her extra special creepy points.

I totally concur!!

I think Juan needs to step up his game and not worry so much about semantics and verbally sluggin' it out with Jodi. We know she's a manipulator and a control freak. He's shown that side of her to us.
And although I realize he's got an agenda, I feel he needs to tie this in a nice neat lil concise bundle for us somehow this week.

Agree totally. She was a grifter. In her pea brain, it made perfect sense to steal the $$$$ considering her "work" for the day was done. Her thinking- he wouldn't be needing it anyway....:furious:

Agree.

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

It sounded like she had nothing but odd jobs working at restarants and it sounds like she did not make much. Since the car was basically ruined by her, the last thing she wanted to do was take a portion of what little she earned and send it to Travis who was dumping her.

I am sure she thought about it this way.
-Why should I pay him money on a car I cant drive
-He is dumping me and I am supposed to give him money still
-If he is dead, the debt I owe him goes away

There was a point in the testimony where she was describing how she got favorable terms and she said it like Travis told her she could pay as little as 100 per month but more if she had it. That part of her testimony showed me how money was a huge issue and huge concern for her. She always wanted to live the high life like Travis and never wanted to come across as someone who did not have money. She was faking to everybody that she was one of the high life socialites and as she testifiied she even said her reputation was very important to her. I am sure even the training classes for PPL emphasized how to basically "show off" to people how they could be rich like them some day. I attended a multi-level marketing spiel and it was just like this.

I dont think people realize how money was such a critical factor for her.

I think she left that check there at his place when she killed him knowing he could not cash it after he was dead. She even called one of the relatives and was worried they would try to cash it.

She always wanted people to think highly of her in the money department and she knew she could never afford to keep up with those car payments.
To me, that car debt was a huge factor in killing him once he decided to dump her.

The bottom line for me is I think the money debt was equal if not more of a reason why she killed him. Combine the money debt with jealousy and revenge, and you get a killer Jodi who is still trying to show off that she is an intelligent high life socialite.

Was MM with JA when she went to visit DB in June of 2008? Why does JM bring that up during his questioning of DB??
I'm not laughing at you, but we sound like a bunch of SService agents will all our initials. lol

Do you guys remember JM asking her several times where MM lived? She said somewhere in Utah. Maybe he hitched a ride to visit family? I am sure I am totally off on this one. It was another one of those things brought up and dropped. It was done that day he was talking to her about the magazine codes.

I just listened to DBs cross again. JM pretty much says that MM was with Jodi when she stopped at his house to pick up the gas cans. DB denies seeing him. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am she wasn't alone. after all, there were "2 ninjas."

why the hell did she badger DB about borrowing his gas cans? why didn't she just go buy 3 cans at walmart with cash for $36? Or have someone else buy them for her? Why did she need to make this connection with DB to do this?

DB's testimony is interesting.

Here is my question:

Is there any logical reason why she refilled the 3 gas cans in Salt Lake City if she was not driving through Arizona on her trip home? I first assumed it was to remain "off the grid" in terms of purchases in Arizona on the trip back but she didn't go that way.

Do you think she filled those gas cans in SLC to further corroborate her story about filling the gas cans to avoid spending more money on higher priced gas in California? I assume she had burned all her evidence by that point, so she didn't need the full gas cans anymore...

BBM Your question is a good question. I wonder if she was thinking of returning to AZ or what was going through her mind. It could have been to save money on gas, I suppose. It just seems an inconvenience and danger at that point to fill the gas cans with more gas she'd have to struggle to put in her tank. Not sure I understand why she did refill the gas tanks to head home from Utah.

At age 28, (born July 9, 1980), she may have been bumping up against or even beyond her passport expiration date, given that the Costa Rica trip was ostensibly prior to her high-school dropout date.

Probably right on the line or very close to it, as a U.S. passport is valid for ten years for those at least 16 years of age at issuance, five years for minors.

However, passports can be renewed for up to five years beyond expiration date.

Interesting point! I had not considered that. ty.

it's scary how much of DB's testimony i forgot. this guy is a wealth of information. he's also pretty slippery on cross. but here are the cliff's notes:

1. he said he thought she'd come back to him. they didn't really 'end' it. (poor boob. he probably really believed that, even in 2008)

2. his ex-wife moved 9 hours away to monterrey in summer, 2006 (smart woman. get your kid away from JA)

3. he wanted jodi to stay in their house in palm desert to help him out but of course, she didn't.

4. she became a 'different person' once she got into PPL. she stopped paying any of the bills or mortgage in aug, 2006. she had 2 jobs and quit those.

5. JM asked him several times 'she needed those cans to go to mesa, AZ, right?' or versions of that including 'mesa, AZ' and he agrees. later when JM specifically asks if she told him she was going to mesa, he denies it.

6. he denies she got 'testy' about borrowing the cans but reads the deposition where he used that word. still doesn't agree that's what he said.

7. says he doesn't remember her returning on 6-4, but then agrees she did return with a remote. doesn't say what kind and JM didn't ask.

8. he replies 'we were both very aggressive' the first time they had sex, but JM shows him his deposition where he said SHE was very aggressive and didn't say 'both.'

9. he says she cut off sex with him after talking with these missionaries who were coming to the house frequently. JM pounds on that one awhile to show she DID know the church's position on premarital sex.

Can someone tell me what time it is in Az now so I can sort out time differences? Cheers :)

Heck, even this discussion board is all screwed up now! It did not do the daylight savings time change, lol.

he didn't aid or abet intentionally....obviously at the time she wasn't telling people of her murder plans. he was flipped on her in trial where the real JA was pushed in his face and he was forced to see it clearly. Geez he didn't even want his face shown-nor would I! She threw him and everyone who she supposedly cared for under the bus. I will not believe her on alcoholism or smoking unless he clarifies...since we all know JA is prone to some *slight* exaggeration and fabrication to those who cross her. Just another schmuck taken in by a nasty sociopath.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

While I was needling regarding JA's characterizations of DB as an alcoholic chimney, the reason I beg to differ has to do with his testimony, which was initially reluctant and less than forthcoming.

I recall distinctly on Day 10, after her mentor, Gus Searcy testified, that DB first denied recalling JA's telephonic gas can request --even under oath -- until continuing to be pressed by JM.

http://youtu.be/soNJs_9FCPY?t=1h33m48s

For context, start at the 1:33:00 point in the clip.

This was, of course, after JA had brutally stabbed, sliced, and shot Travis Alexander, and DB was rather reluctant to openly testify that JA had called him in May of 2008 to ask him for a favor. In fact, he was a Defense witness.

When JM first questions DB about whether he remembers the phone call asking for the favor, DB answers, "No."

Then JM gets more specific. He asks whether DB remembers JA calling to ask to borrow two gas cans so that she could make a trip to Mesa, Arizona, and whether DB remembers that.

There is a rather long, awkward and very pregnant pause of nearly six seconds before DB barely whispers, "Yes."

You could almost hear everyone in that courtroom gasp when it happened.

And I rest my case regarding DB's allegiance to the lying torture-murderess.

I just gotta say I am glad DB is alive... I hope he has wised up. It didn't take Abe long did it? ~ well once she got on the stand anyway!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Darryl Brewer should be thanking his lucky stars!
I REST MY CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member