Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

Cymro--I am not sure if Doreen Jane Vincent was ever looked into as a possible match for Racine Jane Doe. I would assume so due to the close resemblence of the two. From what I read on Doreen Jane Vincent, LE believe she was murdered by Hayden Clark even though he was never officailly charged but was convicted of mudering a young woman and a 6 year old girl. The link can be found within Charelyproject.org (for whatever reason I can't copy and paste?) for details on Dorren's disappearance.

Fairy1--I heard about the Wisconsin Rapids torture case and my first inclination was he could have murdered Jane Doe, but the MO doesn't seem to fit as far as his sexual urges towards men go. The torture, yes. But I did read that he was also married at one time, so maybe his sexual tendencies started with women. He obviosly liked women at one point and time, who knows. Maybe he started off torturing women thinking we are weaker and maybe he became a little more confident in his ways and moved to men.

Hi everyone. I am new to this website. I have been reading the forums on Websleuth for a few weeks now.

I remember reading the newspaper from July 1999, an unidentified female who was found dead in a Racine Co., WI cornfield not far from Interstate 94. She was tortured for some time prior and ultimately resulted to her demise. The senseless murder of this still unidentified female has saddened me and brought tears to my eyes nearly everytime I look at her poster.

I lived in Racine, WI for all my childhood life and into my early adult years, then moving to Kenosha County, WI. So I have always felt some kind of pull drawing me to finding the identification to this girl.

Recently and I don't know why or what has intrigued me so much so that I have spent countless hours viewing possible matches of disappearances throughout the country, including as much I could view internationally, mostly Canada. Thoroughly searching missing persons agencies online for the midwestern states and the states I-94 travels through. Someone, somewhere must have knew this woman. Here are a few links describing her appearance and the nature of the crime.

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster274.htm
WARNING-POST MORTEM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbRUhe5HmQA
Video

http://www.racineco.com/sheriff/crimebulletin.aspx
Computer generated photo

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/2007/10/crystal-rae-1999-unidentified-racine.html
More info including a better photo of the shirt Jane Doe was wearing

I have viewed every single possible match fitting Jane Doe's description on numerous websites for women disappearing around the time frame in which she was found (Charley Project, NCMEC, Porchlight, etc..) There was always some sort of identifying characteristic that would rule out the possible match. Even going back 5-6 years thinking maybe she was a runaway.

So I started thinking that maybe she wasn't even an adult but maybe a child abducted many years prior to her being found. I looked through the countless children missing in the U.S. for same color eyes, hair, etc..

Then I came across Nyleen Kay Marshall who was abducted in 1983. The eye color doesn't match but in my opinion the shape of her face and the possible protruding front teeth (a video of Nyleen's disappearance aired on Unsolved Mysteries shows Nyleen's mother speaking of her child--to me it looked as if she has protruding front teeth--possibly passing that trait onto her child.) the wavy brown hair and the cute button nose.

youtube.com/watch?v=zA7U6HVuXgU - 81k (Unsolved Mysteries segment)

The most identyfying factor to me was a man who called and wrote several letters to missing children agencies stating he had Nyleen. The letters/postcards were postmarked from the Madison, WI area. The shirt Jane Doe was found wearing was distrubuted in 1984 possibly purchased by the abductor and why Jane Doe was wearing the shirt.

I realize the shape of Jane Doe's face and chin compared to the shape of Nyleen's is a little off, but with Jane Doe being malnourished I am assuming could change the structure of Jane Doe's face. Also, Nyleen being only 5 when abducted, she had that chubby child-like face that so many young children have but outgrow as pre-teenagers.

This entire scenario has reminded of the true crime story "American Crime" about a girl living with a childhood friend's family in the 1960's who was abused and tortured and ultimately murdered by the hand's of her friend's mother and other family members.

So possibly our Jane Doe could be Nyleen. Maybe once she became older, a little wiser she started to recollect her childhood memories and questioning those memories, maybe she became too much to handle. The abductor may have been abusing her all of these years or maybe just shortly before the time of her death.

Maybe she was a runaway (repeatedly running away) and the parents have just given up and maybe she has just been lost in the system. Or maybe a prostitute or a drug addict and no one realizes she is gone or had not reported it. Maybe she's not even from this country--which is much harder to try and locate online especially in regions of Russia (Ukraine) where children and women are bought and sold just to be slaves to their owners in America.

Then again, Jane Doe could have been abused by her parents or husband/boyfriend. Maybe the abuser said she left him or ran away. With that in mind, people that knew her would never question Jane Doe's whereabouts.

I have wracked my brain trying to find the identity of this poor girl. I am so frustrated that she can't be identified. Someone knew her!! I know this is just one case out of thousands (understatement) but I just can't understand how someone just disappears without any trace.

I was never associated with the detectives or police of this crime, but I can't help but to care and wonder what happened to her and who could be so cold to inflict such violence on another human being.

I am a mother of three and I could never imagine being in the shoes of parents with missing children. I don't know how I could live on. But I would hope that someone whether it be law enforcement or just an everyday person wanting answers would do everything in their power to help locate my child.

So anyways, I am just wondering if anyone out there has followed either one of these cases and if anyone else has the same ponders as I do with the comparison of Jane Doe and Nyleen.

Ever thought about consulting a psychic?

I just submitted a possble match to doreen vincent email to the the investigating offficer.

I've often wondered if the Racine County Jane Doe was ever in the foster care system. She may have been out for several years. Do they send unidentified pictures to foster care/state agencies? School systems?

The older unidentified people may be a stretch, but the younger ones may find resolution.

There are two things that come to mind -

1. Is it possible that she was in the foster care system? Was her photo sent to special education organizations?

2. This case is almost ten years old. Was a DNA sample taken of any sperm that may have been found? Perhaps this could be compared to existing DNA samples on file?

Ten years ago, there may not have been much of a DNA data base to compare a sperm sample to. I wonder if anything like this was done.

Doe anyone else get a creepy feeling when they see this Jane Doe?

I get almost physically ill when I see the actual picture of this Jane Doe. Then, when I reflect on the circumstances surrounding her death, I get angry and disgusted to think that a human being is mentally capable of doing such horrific things to another person.

It all makes me ill..

picture.php

http://nampn.org/cases/schmidt_lisa.html

Look at this woman. She looks very similar, especially the chin, the buck teeth, and the eyes. She's also 5'8".
She disappeared in 1994, from New Jersey.

I agree, there is something very haunting about the post mortem photos
picture.php

Lisa Schmidt, Harrison, New Jersey

I can't imagine how a young girl of Angela's age came to be in the U.S. but the resemblance between her and the unidentified young woman is remarkable. DNA could settle it quickly if her family in Italy would consent to giving a sample.

picture.php

http://nampn.org/cases/schmidt_lisa.html

Look at this woman. She looks very similar, especially the chin, the buck teeth, and the eyes. She's also 5'8".
She disappeared in 1994, from New Jersey.

I agree, there is something very haunting about the post mortem photos
picture.php

Lisa Schmidt, Harrison, New Jersey

Its NOT Lisa. Dental records have ruled her out.

It is probably not but what about this one? She would have been estimated age in 1999.

510dfqc doenetwork

It is probably not but what about this one? She would have been estimated age in 1999.

510dfqc doenetwork

Too short, I think. I talked with the detective, Det. Knaus, and he said he felt she wasn't in any of the national data bases.He felt that she might have had a connection to the midwest, like Indiana maybe. He also thought that she might be in a local data base, like one from some department, but not something like the Doe, at least right now. Apparently they (Racine) have a very thick file on her, and they keep her presence alive among other police departments. I was truly impressed with them. I thought I had a match with Lisa Schmidt but they'd already looked at her and ruled her out.
A friend feels she was a runaway who drifted to Texas and was taken from there. Maybe because of the Western outfit.

Angela is an amazing match, except for her eyes seem a little smaller, rounder; but in these photograghs, i wouldn't use that to write off the connection. I thought she was the victim of a Robert Ben Rhoades -type serial killer --the truck driver with the torture chamber in the back of his semi who often picked up transient woman at truck stops. In fact the one he was caught with in mid-torture was mentally ill. However, "imported" wives and domestic help are often tortured. When I saw her I wondered about that, but for some reason, I felt like it was a truck driver serial killer who kept her captive. Another thought I had is that she might have been a kidnapped child, held captive a helluva lot longer than 4-5 weeks. She haunts me. It breaks my heart.

I remember a segment on Cold Case Files in which a Chicago pimp (I think it was Chicago, but it may have been Milwaukee) tortured and killed one of "his girls" before dumping her body near a lake in rural Wisconsin. I wonder if that angle has been explored in this case.

The reason she looks a little *haunting* is that the small lights in her eyes have been put in wrong. If you look you will see what I mean. It gives her a striking * this is different, but I don't know why* quality.

I just submitted a possble match to doreen vincent email to the the investigating offficer.

Bumping up for Racine Jane Doe.

assaf1981,

Have you heard back from the investigating officer regarding the DNA between RJD and Doreen Vincent?

Aundria had always seemed the most likely match to me. IIRC, she disappeared from Holland, Michigan, which is almost a straight shot across the lake from Racine. There's something about the front teeth. Her height, weight, and facial structure would have changed a bit in the 10 years since she went missing. Of course this may have already been discussed at length and ruled out. The n00b knows not.

Lori Ann Krueger's resemblance to the posmortem really blows my mind even though the facts seem to rule her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb