Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

Actually, it isn't an opinion. The public that they feel is "out to get them" wants them to talk to LE. Of course those who are DB/JI supporters don't feel this way. I never said they did.

The difference here though is they could walk up to the station today and a majority of the public isn't going to change their viewpoint.

I'm just telling you what has been posted on this particular topic (family support) in the 6+ months this case has been going on. I'm sure there is many people in their ear and it's not just lawyers. It's up to you to choose to believe it.

I appreciate your pointing out your opinion. But, my point was that there is no way that any one of us can know that their family and friends are telling them to do one thing or another. As a matter of fact, I can't even imagine that anyone in their right mind would tell a friend or family member to NOT talk to LE. But, that's just me.

I appreciate your pointing out your opinion. But, my point was that there is no way that any one of us can know that their family and friends are telling them to do one thing or another. As a matter of fact, I can't even imagine that anyone in their right mind would tell a friend or family member to NOT talk to LE. But, that's just me.

There may be some that are telling them to talk, but I'm sure there are some and maybe more that are telling them not too. Take AI? Do you think AI has been critical of the parents? If she has, I haven't seen it, at least not publically.

Remember, in their minds (parents and those who support them), they have already talked to LE and nothing more can come out of additional talks that will help find BL but interrogations and character assassination. I never said it's a rational thought because I don't believe it is.

And, again, how in the world would you know that?

Would you change your view if they talked to LE today? From guilty to fence? Maybe I should put up a poll and ask that question? Want to take bets on what the result would be?

Actually, it isn't an opinion. The public that they feel is "out to get them" wants them to talk to LE. Of course those who are DB/JI supporters don't feel this way. I never said they did.

Not necessarily, I think I would be considered a supporter of DB / JI, and I DO think and want them to talk to LE.
The media, doesn't bother me if they do or not.

There may be some that are telling them to talk, but I'm sure there are some and maybe more that are telling them not too. Take AI? Do you think AI has been critical of the parents? If she has, I haven't seen it, at least not publically.

Remember, in their minds (parents and those who support them), they have already talked to LE and nothing more can come out of additional talks that will help find BL but interrogations and character assassination. I never said it's a rational thought because I don't believe it is.

Thank you for clarifying that you don't believe that it is a rational thought, because, in my opinion, those who do believe this are not playing with a full deck!

I still don't believe that any of us can assume what is in the minds of anyone else, including friends/family of DB and JI. And, I just can't believe that in this day and age, people are still out there who actually believe that a person is better off shutting down and not talking to LE in a case like this UNLESS they know there is guilt. It just makes no sense to me.

Would you change your view if they talked to LE today? From guilty to fence? Maybe I should put up a poll and ask that question? Want to take bets on what the result would be?

You know, I might. I can't say for sure what I would feel. If something came to light that explained why all of this hinky stuff has been going on, perhaps I would. Remember, I WAS on the side of DB and JI in the beginning. I went from supporter of parents to the fence to not believing the parents. I didn't stubbornly stay at one spot and refuse to move on. I went where the facts we know took me.

Maybe you should take a poll. I don't believe anymore that anyone posts here who is on the fence. It's DB supporters against DB non supporters. The informal definition of a fence sitter is one who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter. I think it is crystal clear here that there is no one (or very few) posting who could be within this definition. I mean, ALL of us could say we were "on the fence", knowing that if DB/JI miraculously came out innocent, we could say that we were on the fence. But, reality is obvious that we never hear any neutrality here from either of us and our counterparts. It might feel better to say we are on the fence, but I can't say that I am because it wouldn't feel like I was being honest to myself. And, that's all I'm going to say about that for now. Purely my opinion and a glaringly obvious one to me.

Try the poll. Maybe it will actually bring out the true fence sitters and we might get another opinion on this. I truly would like to hear what they say on this.

You know, I might. I can't say for sure what I would feel. If something came to light that explained why all of this hinky stuff has been going on, perhaps I would. Remember, I WAS on the side of DB and JI in the beginning. I went from supporter of parents to the fence to not believing the parents. I didn't stubbornly stay at one spot and refuse to move on. I went where the facts we know took me.

Maybe you should take a poll. I don't believe anymore that anyone posts here who is on the fence. It's DB supporters against DB non supporters. The informal definition of a fence sitter is one who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter. I think it is crystal clear here that there is no one (or very few) posting who could be within this definition. I mean, ALL of us could say we were "on the fence", knowing that if DB/JI miraculously came out innocent, we could say that we were on the fence. But, reality is obvious that we never hear any neutrality here from either of us and our counterparts. It might feel better to say we are on the fence, but I can't say that I am because it wouldn't feel like I was being honest to myself. And, that's all I'm going to say about that for now. Purely my opinion and a glaringly obvious one to me.

Try the poll. Maybe it will actually bring out the true fence sitters and we might get another opinion on this. I truly would like to hear what they say on this.

Your wish is my command. New poll is up. :cool:

I don't see anything pointing to their guilt other than some actions and reactions that can be considered questionable. I am not sure what evidence I would need to conclude they are innocent, so that to me makes me a fence sitter, leaning toward SODDI.

Just thought I'd throw that in since this thread seems to be about anything and everything again.

HLN is about to discuss baby Lisa case....

This is my theory about why the parents are dealing with the media the way they are:

I think they are only popping up in the media every few months because it allows them to claim that they are keeping the case alive, HOWEVER, when the case goes months without being mentioned by any media outlet; its appeal, public interest, notoriety, recognition, etc all drop. Back in October, it was the hot case so anything Deborah and Jeremy said would be analyzed by all media. But now, it's a cold case, and there are thousands of cold cases out there. Deborah and Jeremy can give one small interview, and they don't have to worry about it generating a huge media blitz with the entire country suspecting them again. Just look at the attention given to their 6-month-mark interviews; just local. I think the goal is to let the case be forgotten, but not be too obvious about it.

This is my theory about why the parents are dealing with the media the way they are:

I think they are only popping up in the media every few months because it allows them to claim that they are keeping the case alive, HOWEVER, when the case goes months without being mentioned by any media outlet; its appeal, public interest, notoriety, recognition, etc all drop. Back in October, it was the hot case so anything Deborah and Jeremy said would be analyzed by all media. But now, it's a cold case, and there are thousands of cold cases out there. Deborah and Jeremy can give one small interview, and they don't have to worry about it generating a huge media blitz with the entire country suspecting them again. Just look at the attention given to their 6-month-mark interviews; just local. I think the goal is to let the case be forgotten, but not be too obvious about it.
I think you are correct. This would also explain the crazy antics of those who attack people who speculate about the parents... 24/hr shifts of Facebook posters under one name who are always at the ready to easily explain away any and all offensive questions about the parents... but then the influx of multiple persons(fake pages) to attack people when "the story" isn't bought hook,line & sinker.

Why are the parents not talking to the media?

Occam's Razor. . .they don't want to find their daughter.

Anybody that truly wanted to find their missing baby would be clamoring for media attention. I know I would. There is no threat on this earth that would stop me if I didn't know where one of my kiddos were. The world is an evil place. Could you go on day after day not knowing if your child was being abused by somebody heinous? I experienced a brief 10 mins with my youngest not knowing what or where she was. In that short time my mind went to the most evil of all human places. I would have given anything in those few short minutes to trade places. I can take it, but don't put my beautiful, innocent child through that, Let's ask Dirk Schiller. She spent years in an East German prison trying to get answers about her son that she didn't know what happened to. My ex is German and he was raised by his grandparents. Humans have a high threshold for suffering. I've heard the stories first hand. As Americans we are spoiled. We don't even have a clue what humans will go through to save their children. I would expect nothing less from any innocent parent. I would live out the rest of my days with a big smile on my face. .behind bars. . if it meant I knew what happened to my child, the one I grew in my womb, the one that I birthed. That would be satisfaction enough. It would not be about me and my life that is more than half over. It would be about my child. There is nothing stronger than a parent's will about their child. It's animalistic. . ..even lowly mice will defend their offspring to the death. People throughout history have gone through much worse. . . brutal instinct to survive and protect their children.

But yet we are suppose to believe that DB and JI somehow have stopped cooperating because they feel threatened by the popo. Give me a break! They have shut down because they are afraid that the KCPD have tunnel vision about them? Really?! Maybe they need to study world history a bit more before they realize how much parents will suffer for the good of their children. They haven't even begun to touch the surface. And any parent that has suffered grave injustice, like Dirk Schiller will call them on it. We live in a country that is still fairly just. And they are calling injustice now? Nope. . not buying it. Let your children be taken by the Stasi. . .or the SS. . or recruited by the SS and then shipped off to the Russian front when they can't carry out their orders at Dachau, as is the case with my children's great uncle, and then you might have some real injustice to point to. Sit under you kitchen table and turn up the BBC while you have Hitler blaring in the background so your neighbors won't rat you out. . .then talk about injustice.

Nope, sitting on the stoop drinking wine and whining about the people on FB does not a martyr make! They don't care where Lisa is. They are not worried that she might be being horribly abused and they don't feel like they have been gravely abused by unjust powers that be. They are merely self preserving. . .and that is pretty sick. To all the nameless and faceless parents that have given their lives against horrible unjust powers in the name of their children, it is pathetic. . .and there are many throughout history all over the globe. Parents have sacrificed their lives for their children for nothing more than that is what parents do.

Anybody that truly wanted to find their missing baby would be clamoring for media attention. I know I would. There is no threat on this earth that would stop me if I didn't know where one of my kiddos were. The world is an evil place. Could you go on day after day not knowing if your child was being abused by somebody heinous? I experienced a brief 10 mins with my youngest not knowing what or where she was. In that short time my mind went to the most evil of all human places. I would have given anything in those few short minutes to trade places. I can take it, but don't put my beautiful, innocent child through that, Let's ask Dirk Schiller. She spent years in an East German prison trying to get answers about her son that she didn't know what happened to. My ex is German and he was raised by his grandparents. Humans have a high threshold for suffering. I've heard the stories first hand. As Americans we are spoiled. We don't even have a clue what humans will go through to save their children. I would expect nothing less from any innocent parent. I would live out the rest of my days with a big smile on my face. .behind bars. . if it meant I knew what happened to my child, the one I grew in my womb, the one that I birthed. That would be satisfaction enough. It would not be about me and my life that is more than half over. It would be about my child. There is nothing stronger than a parent's will about their child. It's animalistic. . ..even lowly mice will defend their offspring to the death. People throughout history have gone through much worse. . . brutal instinct to survive and protect their children.

But yet we are suppose to believe that DB and JI somehow have stopped cooperating because they feel threatened by the popo. Give me a break! They have shut down because they are afraid that the KCPD have tunnel vision about them? Really?! Maybe they need to study world history a bit more before they realize how much parents will suffer for the good of their children. They haven't even begun to touch the surface. And any parent that has suffered grave injustice, like Dirk Schiller will call them on it. We live in a country that is still fairly just. And they are calling injustice now? Nope. . not buying it. Let your children be taken by the Stasi. . .or the SS. . or recruited by the SS and then shipped off to the Russian front when they can't carry out their orders at Dachau, as is the case with my children's great uncle, and then you might have some real injustice to point to. Sit under you kitchen table and turn up the BBC while you have Hitler blaring in the background so your neighbors won't rat you out. . .then talk about injustice.

Nope, sitting on the stoop drinking wine and whining about the people on FB does not a martyr make! They don't care where Lisa is. They are not worried that she might be being horribly abused and they don't feel like they have been gravely abused by unjust powers that be. They are merely self preserving. . .and that is pretty sick. To all the nameless and faceless parents that have given their lives against horrible unjust powers in the name of their children, it is pathetic. . .and there are many throughout history all over the globe. Parents have sacrificed their lives for their children for nothing more than that is what parents do.

:goodpost:

I do wish I lived in the USA, police still interested in my son´s case,TV and media also,,, but I´m living in Germany :-(
I ´ve contacted international INTERPOL more than once, they said I´ve to contact Interpol Germany, I did and all what they keep saying is " we can´t do anything, there´s no new evidence about your case", it is a damn vicious circle,none is doing anything and keep telling my son was dead!
greetings ! Heidi Stein

I do wish I lived in the USA, police still interested in my son´s case,TV and media also,,, but I´m living in Germany :-(
I ´ve contacted international INTERPOL more than once, they said I´ve to contact Interpol Germany, I did and all what they keep saying is " we can´t do anything, there´s no new evidence about your case", it is a damn vicious circle,none is doing anything and keep telling my son was dead!
greetings ! Heidi Stein

I wish you lived here too, Heidi! I also wish that there was something that we could do from over here to help you. I am so certain, just like you, that Dirk was taken by the evil government and it just sickens me. Here you are, all these years later, still living every day of your life, looking for your son. You are an inspiration to those of us who believe that parents should never stop in the search for their child. I pray that you have some type of closure in your case. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for you.

:hug:

I have read a lot of posts on this case and Hambirg- you totally brought it on...What a poignant post!!!MOOC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back