17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, but it seems to me that's what the Officer on the scene thought was appropriate or he wouldn't have typed it in.

Right--that would have been the potential offense. It was the reason to take him into custody and take him to the station. But upon further questioning, or whatever, they determined not to make that charge.

I don't believe in censorship. I think everyone should have a right to say what's on their mind? I don't have to agree with it and sometimes I find it to be outright disgusting, but I'd rather know, then not know... know what I'm saying?

I know what you mean, and I agree! "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it"

<modsnip>

not everyone is the anthony's yall, falling over themselves to get on dr phil and put donation canisters and paypal buttons all over the free world.

Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the <MODSNIP>:

TMPoliceReport2.png

UNNECESSARY KILLING......kinda sums it all up, doesn't it?

But But what was the unlawful act:waitasec: Trayvon was not breaking in.

What does that mean? My comment was not in reference to any questionable posts.

I'm sorry, Oops, I thought I was responding to something completely different...

I sincerely apologize, Etilema, I didn't mean to do that. I've deleted my original post.
Again, I apologize! Thank you for asking me about it in such a kind calm manner. I appreciate that:)

my guess is at the beginning they didnt know all trayvon had on him were skittles, iced tea, and a phone. they had GZ's tale of heartache and woe and superheroism :sick: but even were his story 100% he still could have had these charges brought.

nice to see SOMEONE brought their brain that day.

My best guess is that when this report was typed and the potential charge filled in, it was probably before they knew TM was living there.

I'm sorry, I thought your post was expressing concerns about victim bashing? I was letting you know you can alert posts that appear to be doing so. I wasn't implying you were doing anything wrong, I was trying to be helpful. I apologize if I misunderstood and/or was not helpful.

:)

No problem. I really DO have concerns about victim bashing and so your comment was not misdirected. It's just that that particular post was not about that.

Best definition I could find...

Unlawful act manslaughter
Under English law, according to R v Creamer,[13] a person is guilty of involuntary manslaughter when he or she intends an unlawful act that is likely to do harm to the person, and death results which was neither foreseen nor intended. The alternative name for this crime is constructive manslaughter. Although the accused did not intend to cause serious harm or foresee the risk of doing so, and although an objective observer would not necessarily have predicted that serious harm would result, the accused's responsibility for causing death is constructed from the fault in committing what might have been a minor criminal act.

I thought it was against TOS to bash the victimS here? (Note plural)

Oh! This is the post I was looking for:)
If you see a post that appears to be against TOS you can alert the post by clicking the red triangle at the top right of the post. A mod can take a look and edit/delete if they see fit. Hope that helps:)

I think that "prevent" is the key word. He was not YET doing anything unlawful, so this was an illegal and unnecessary preventive measure. But that is really the sickening point that this whole case hinges on--the assumption that a black teenager in a hoodie is bound to commit an unlawful act unless someone intervenes.

I thought it was drugs.....they called a narcotics officer to the scene and we know it wasn't for GZ. jmo

OT ! LOL ! yes, I've seen that movie with Edward G. Robinson, it was Little Ceasar ! He's one of my fav actors of that time.

OMG - I was thinking about that movie yesterday when I read the "You got me" line! It sounds like a cross between Edward G. Robinson and Jimmy Cagney in every old gangster movie ever made! Johnny Rocco in Key Largo!

Is this the end of Rico?

ITA
<modsnip>

*Sigh*
I remain disgusted at those whose choose to blame and criticize and trash TM's family. It's abhorrent heartless, ignorant, cruel behavior. IMO.

I personally know I'd give anything and everything I had to give to get my murdered child back. I suspect the Martin family feels the same.

I think a huge helping of COMPASSION is in order.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your child, flourish. It's a club none of us should belong to. :grouphug: I'd sell my soul to the devil himself just to have five minutes with my daughter.

I have to wonder if those who say such cruel and hate filled things have any idea how deep the knife cuts. May they never find themselves in the position to find out.

RIP Trayvon. Your parents are doing you proud.

My best guess is that when this report was typed and the potential charge filled in, it was probably before they knew TM was living there.

I thought may be they wrote that because GZ stated that Tray will going to kill him which would have been an illegal act unless you were GZ.
But then Tray was also legally standing his ground since he was in fear of his life too. Kind of winner takes all. What a mess Florida created with this very liberal "walking along with you" SYG.

OMG - I was thinking about that movie yesterday when I read the "You got me" line! It sounds like a cross between Edward G. Robinson and Jimmy Cagney in every old gangster movie ever made! Johnny Rocco in Key Largo!

Is this the end of Rico?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm a TCM fan !
Yep ! "you got me" was used allot in the old gangster movies, and some of the old westerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie