Casey's seizure? NEW INFORMATION 2011.09.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many seizures (mostly tonic--clonic) leave the person exhausted afterwards, they will sleep for long periods of time and it is very hard to wake them up for a while. I know that medical care in jail is not top notch, but if Casey was suffering from seizures she would get seen. It would be interesting to know if she has visited medical staff, while in jail, with her complaints of seizures.

My gut tells me that she may be trying to copy her letter friend with medical complaints of her own, but I can't know for sure. If medical staff thought she suffered from seizures, most likely they would have put her on anti-seizure medications (depending on the type and severity of her seizures).

Many seizures (mostly tonic--clonic) leave the person exhausted afterwards, they will sleep for long periods of time and it is very hard to wake them up for a while. I know that medical care in jail is not top notch, but if Casey was suffering from seizures she would get seen. It would be interesting to know if she has visited medical staff, while in jail, with her complaints of seizures.

My gut tells me that she may be trying to copy her letter friend with medical complaints of her own, but I can't know for sure. If medical staff thought she suffered from seizures, most likely they would have put her on anti-seizure medications (depending on the type and severity of her seizures).

I totally agree. :)

It is common to be tired afterwards. but for some reason my son is 'drunk" for about 2 hours and then supercharged and wants to go drive somewhere after his. Not tired at all. I think his more about trying to feel normal as soon as possible.
The odd thing is that KC draws attention to her seizures where as most young people I have met want to deny them.

Does anyone know if the jail she is in caters to those with this kind of problem? here in CA not all jails are set up to handle meds and such so people with medical issues have to go to specific jail facilities.

Drugs and/or alcohol can also cause a seizure. I doubt she is doing either in the pokey but then again do I believe she's having them anyway? She's a bit of a hypochondriac IMO, based on the letters alone that is what I'm getting.

I remember a looooong time ago on NG, she was saying that the word from the jail was that KC was a hypochondriac complaining about one ailment after the next. Her source was a ragmag so I discounted it but after these letters I think it was true. The other thing I've been thinking about is the "daisy chain" between Sky or whatever her name is, her sister, KC and George. Sky has seizures or at least she tells LE that during her interview. Perhaps GA mentioned his "friend with seizures" in a letter to KC or Sky's sister who claims to have known KC in jail talked about them. If she were truly having seizures I think she would have spent time under observation in the sick bay. Maybe she did, we wouldn't know, but I think that would have been in her letters too. She's assuming she had seizures because she wakes up feeling funny? Puhhleease

I remember a looooong time ago on NG, she was saying that the word from the jail was that KC was a hypochondriac complaining about one ailment after the next. Her source was a ragmag so I discounted it but after these letters I think it was true. The other thing I've been thinking about is the "daisy chain" between Sky or whatever her name is, her sister, KC and George. Sky has seizures or at least she tells LE that during her interview. Perhaps GA mentioned his "friend with seizures" in a letter to KC or Sky's sister who claims to have known KC in jail talked about them. If she were truly having seizures I think she would have spent time under observation in the sick bay. Maybe she did, we wouldn't know, but I think that would have been in her letters too. She's assuming she had seizures because she wakes up feeling funny? Puhhleease

One part where she was whining about her paper cut was wierd. She goes on to say, something to the effect of the paper cut hurting but it didn't hurt when she banged her knee hard on the chair. That entire part made no sense to me. She whined about everything...allergies, paper cut, the bubble gum sized lump on her breast, headaches, seizures...I couldn't even keep up.

I'm so sorry to hear that it has hit your Son at such a young age. At least, for us, Hubby was able to feel normal during his school years.

I also think that Casey has taken her one time experience and ran with it! My husband is still embarrassed to talk about his episodes on a daily bases.

During the first couple of years after I mentioned to him "You just had a seizure, you might want to sit still for a moment." he would flatly tell me "You don't know what you're talking about..I DID NOT!" Yet when I asked him to recount the last thing he did, it was always something about a minute before & after the episodes. He too takes a while to "come back".

Without giving "someone" more material on seizures... people setting up for concerts need to keep in mind that the strobe light is not a "COOL" thing if they leave the thing running through out the whole 3-4 minute song!lol Hubby has been known to grab a strangers phone (off the guys belt loop.. try explaining THAT to a big tattoo- drunk man not to knock the man seizing next to him out) and try to dial ME.

Over the years I have learned to stay within arms length of him during an episode. Hubby has grabbed for things on my body (phone, fingers, clothes, etc. Thinking they were his) or poked me in the sides. My job is to make sure he is safe during his time away from my world. For years I too was angry when he would start doing those things...thinking he was being mean! I have learned to test him now.. if he answers me in a question form (he has a different tone while in this type of seizure) then I know it's is Partial Complex.

While reading through the threads, I noticed that Casey mentioned in a letter, that she felt "fuzzy" after her episodes in her sleep. I'm not sure I can believe that as being a true seizure. My husband has never mentioned what his body feels like as he is coming out of one. Mainly because he has no clue. Now after is a different story. His body is very drained & needs sleep.

Sorry to go OT. ;) Delete if you must.

I can relate to your husband having no clue about having a seizure, because that is what mine are like for me. I have done embarrassing things during a seizure that I have no recollection of after the seizure is over. Try explaining to people that you have no memory of what you did or said during that time. :waitasec: I have been called a liar on more than one occasion.

It is common to be tired afterwards. but for some reason my son is 'drunk" for about 2 hours and then supercharged and wants to go drive somewhere after his. Not tired at all. I think his more about trying to feel normal as soon as possible.
The odd thing is that KC draws attention to her seizures where as most young people I have met want to deny them.
Does anyone know if the jail she is in caters to those with this kind of problem? here in CA not all jails are set up to handle meds and such so people with medical issues have to go to specific jail facilities.
BBM. Exactly, most people with seizures do not feel comfortable letting others know about their problem. In fact, many people w/ seizures develop an intense fear of even stepping outside of their home, for fear that others will witness an attack.

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy with anyone who suffers from epileptic seizures or has a relative or friend as I do who suffers from them.

However, I don't see the point of for myself at least of discussing FKC's "seizures" since we have heard no validation of them. All reports beyond the one described by JG, which was not confirmed by a post hospital visit, have had the word "apparent" in front of it.

Even the mental health expert who examined her on behalf of the court during the competency hearing used the word "apparent".

I say this because when my youngest DD was almost two, she began to have mega temper tantrums, and would hold her breath until her lips turned blue and she would shake and collapse. I had her looked at by many experts who could find no neurological disorders. Now in her mid 30's, DD never had another "session" after she learned speech and how to fully express her frustrations. Which is exactly what the experts told me would happen.

So I am going to assume this is one more manipulation attempt by FKC, until I hear it for real from a medical expert who examined her.

FWIW-
If people want to believe she faked them that's their choice.
maybe she did, she isn't on medication for them. According to her inmate letters they only occured at night. She didn't fake one while on trial in front of cameras.

Personally I'd like to know that she was faking and that others are safe with her behind the wheel- doesn't stop her from running someone over- so what's the point?

Dr.Krop said the is no neurological cause of her seizures... as a Dr. making that statement I'm just gonna throw it out there that she did have a workup-EEG/CT scan while in jail (how else can he be sure?)

Due to HIPPA laws we will never be told.

"Krop said Anthony has had six documented seizures during her jail stay. “She was taken to the hospital for one of those seizures,” he said.
Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore said any medical record of any inmate would be confidential under state and federal law.
“I have no anecdotal knowledge of it, though,” Moore added. “It may or may not be true, but we have no way of corroborating that. I can't produce a record for you if it does exist.”

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110716/ARTICLES/110719773?p=4&tc=pg

If she has had any form of seizure she should have to declare it on her DL application and be restricted from driving for 6 months...

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone would know they were having seizures in their sleep. By definition you would not be aware if you were sleeping.
Casey lies so much about things that are beyond her understanding,and she gets tripped up way too often...:innocent:

I have never heard of a person having seizures while sleeping.

People die in their sleep from seizures all the time. It's fairly common, unfortunately.

Drugs and/or alcohol can also cause a seizure. I doubt she is doing either in the pokey but then again do I believe she's having them anyway? She's a bit of a hypochondriac IMO, based on the letters alone that is what I'm getting.

I think it was just a way to get attention! JMO

This is a person that needs all the attention on her.
Whats sad they should have had her in GP all that time she would have gotten alot of attention!

Then we would have seen what a perfect prisoner she was!
Ugh every time i see or type her name i want to spit lol.

As far as disorders go, the first thing I would check Casey for is to check if she has a extra chromosome 21. The physical thing that caught my attention with Casey was her hands. Her hands are extremely small for her size.
Some Down Syndrome characteristics could be an upward slant to the eye, small hands and or feet, adaptive behavior problems, abnormally shaped ears...and so on.

Because I was raised outside of the "normal" social structure, I've always been fascinated by human behaviour and what "works" when people are "conning" people.

There are two subjects where angels fear to tread, for fear of being criticized as hard or tough. So those who use them are rarely challenged by your average sympathetic person.

One is sexual abuse. If a person uses this - it's almost a free card - because of it's very nature. Those who have truly suffered know it can be ignored - so anyone who challenges the accuser for facts immediately suffers a backlash. Because you know of course, where there is smoke there is fire...

The other is some medical problems. Usually the ones that are hard to challenge, and seizures are a good example. Like sexual abuse, it's hard to challenge because of the varying opinions of experts, and the devastating effects on the true sufferers. It's not that I am an unsympathetic person - I simply chose to reserve my sympathy on those who truly suffer - and I'm a "stats" and "facts" person when it comes to the cobweb diagnoses. But then I'm the person who told a psychiatrist I was working with if that all he could come up with was oatmeal theories a truck could drive through he was wasting my time and he needed to get real.

For example, on a more simple note, what woman doesn't know she can tell her male boss she is having "female problems" as a reason for absence. The truly gifted grifters go into more detail, describing things no man wants to ever know about. Right?

So I'll wait for the facts, particularly when it comes to observing someone who is known as a habitual liar and who describes herself as "such a great liar".

And now I'll go away and stop cluttering up your thread with my lack of sympathy for FKC.:rocker:

Interesting that Casey may have had seizures of some sort. If true, there may be an eerie parallel with the infamous Lizzie Borden murders. According to Victoria Lincoln's book A Private Disgrace, Lizzie Borden may have had temporal lobe epilepsy and committed the murders of her stepmother and father during a seizure and had no memory of the acts later. She was reported to have acted oddly at times, staring into space and unresponsive. Are there any reports of Casey behaving in this manner?

FWIW-
If people want to believe she faked them that's their choice.
maybe she did, she isn't on medication for them. According to her inmate letters they only occured at night. She didn't fake one while on trial in front of cameras.

Personally I'd like to know that she was faking and that others are safe with her behind the wheel- doesn't stop her from running someone over- so what's the point?

Dr.Krop said the is no neurological cause of her seizures... as a Dr. making that statement I'm just gonna throw it out there that she did have a workup-EEG/CT scan while in jail (how else can he be sure?)

Due to HIPPA laws we will never be told.

"Krop said Anthony has had six documented seizures during her jail stay. “She was taken to the hospital for one of those seizures,” he said.
Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore said any medical record of any inmate would be confidential under state and federal law.
“I have no anecdotal knowledge of it, though,” Moore added. “It may or may not be true, but we have no way of corroborating that. I can't produce a record for you if it does exist.”

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110716/ARTICLES/110719773?p=4&tc=pg

Interesting because I watched both interviews Krop had with Dr. Drew, listened very closely to his comments.

Two statements he did not make at that time were "documented" - he said "apparent" - and no mention was made of a hospital visit. I'm aware of the hospital visit when Jesse was involved.
It could have been used as a competency factor during the trial if confirmed. I wonder why it wasn't?

Oh wait, Dr. Krop testified she was "immature" but a normal adult female with no personality disorders....

Interesting because I watched both interviews Krop had with Dr. Drew, listened very closely to his comments.

Two statements he did not make at that time were "documented" - he said "apparent" - and no mention was made of a hospital visit. I'm aware of the hospital visit when Jesse was involved.
It could have been used as a competency factor during the trial if confirmed. I wonder why it wasn't?

Oh wait, Dr. Krop testified she was "immature" but a normal adult female with no personality disorders....

No big surprise to me. She obviosly has tempoal lobe problems, which governs behavior. Diagnosed with PTSD (did I hear that right?)

Post traumatic stress from what? When did this start?

CA and GA aren't at fault it isn't a learned behavior.
- it was stated KC has suffered a lot of "loss" in her life.
- many do not believe the abuse she reported
it's happened to others, they don't act like her
- she has no obvious genetic defect (trisomy 21 or the like)
- PhD reports documented seizure not epilepsy on no meds
-no histrory of traumatic brain injury to cause
a temporal lobe disorder
-JB stated she has "issues" I think we all agree.
- she does not have any mental health problems per PhD
(but she acts like a psychopath)
I'm reading between the lines here----------------------------
So....
conception- Nothing in her genetic make up caused it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
afterbirth- Nothing that's happened to her since birth that caused it.
it's not a psychological illness- no DSMIV disgnosis
it's not the result of a brian tumor- as far as we know

KC is getting "therapy"- per JB ??? WHAT KIND?
inpatient therapy?
outpatient therapy?
rehab therapy?
Chemo therapy?

Symptoms
psychoitc behavior, *seizures, pathological lying, immature,
no conscience, no empathy, no fear ,emotional lability
aggressive, dominating,
ETA: normal IQ
any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.