Body found in tow yard is identified *merged threads"

Were the police at the scene that stupid to just go by what a seriously injured driver says when asked if anyone else in the car? or were they too lazy to check themselves. If someone is obviously injured, then their faculties aren't always there. Common sense would be to search thoroughly the car and area just in case.

"I'm confident that no one saw a body in there, but the question is why they didn't see it," said Deputy Chief Michel Moore, who is overseeing the Los Angeles Police Department's investigation of the incident."

More like why didn't they look hands on searching rather than just "see" the car.

There was probly a big donut sale somewhere !;)

There was probly a big donut sale somewhere !;)

Lol how typical.. omg..

Seriously though, for the sake of the victims' family it is already hard enough for them with the son being in serious condition and now they have to deal with the LAPD's mistreatment of a corpse of their loved one..
It could just as easily been a young child, they are also very small and hard to spot. I can't fathom this went unnoticed.. i really think it's pure laziness.

Lol how typical.. omg..

Seriously though, for the sake of the victims' family it is already hard enough for them with the son being in serious condition and now they have to deal with the LAPD's mistreatment of a corpse of their loved one..
It could just as easily been a young child, they are also very small and hard to spot. I can't fathom this went unnoticed.. i really think it's pure laziness.

I agree they were probly in a big hurry and or forgot to look any farther.

I was listening to some official being interviewd on the radio. I was surprised to hear she was 5'3 and 135 pounds. While that is petite, it is not unusually small. I am smaller than that in weight and I am 5'4. I cannot imagine fitting on the floor under the airbag. I imagined she was 5' tall and 90 pounds or something.
The son is now saying that he told the rescuers that she was there, but the rescuers all agree that he was conscious and lucid and specifically said he was alone.
I heard something about a seizure, I don;t know if someone was speculalting or if that is a true possibility. If it is, it would at least make sense as to how he could appear lucid and give the wrong answer. It would also explain why he might have a differnt recollection as to what actually happened.
All the witnesses on the street agree they never saw her in the car. It was also interesting that he said she was belted and the seat broke. It apparently dumped her on the floor. But talk about the perfect storm. You couldn;t recreate that if you tried. How does a belted woman end up under the airbag on the floor? She did just that, so we know it happened but what fluke.

This sounds so strange...but in a lot of ways it IS like the case of the boy who was thrown from the car.

LE in that case also said that the victims they treated told them that everyone was accounted for. The victims insist that they told LE that there was another boy. I don't think anyone has figured that one out either.

I do think LE took the man's word for it, but clearly they shouldn't have. I'll bet they didn't even look. She's not that little.

Also an airbag doesn't stay inflated. It puffs up and immediately goes back down. It won't even protect you from a secondary collision. If you are hit and then roll, it has already deflated by the second impact from rolling over. I can't believe they are using that as an excuse.

My great aunt is very tiny - about 4'11" and less than 100lbs - and was in an accident in the Holland tunnel several years ago. She did the same thing - slid into the floorboard out of her seatbelt. She was badly injured, but luckily her husband was safe and lucid. She's fine now, at the ripe old age of 89, thank goodness! We told her she needs a booster seat in the back.

Lol how typical.. omg..

Actually, it's beginning to look a lot like it's the Fire Department's fault rather than the LAPD. The Fire Department was on scene for an hour and didn't locate her, and more importantly, turned away assistance from personnel trained in extricating people trapped in vehicles!:eek:

I was just down there and I saw the accident scene, it appears the son had a seizure while driving, even though he thinks he took his epilepsy medicine the night before, and he got off the freeway, drove right through a bank parking lot and into a wall which backs up to a strip mall. It's lucky he didn't kill more people.

Actually, it's beginning to look a lot like it's the Fire Department's fault rather than the LAPD. The Fire Department was on scene for an hour and didn't locate her, and more importantly, turned away assistance from personnel trained in extricating people trapped in vehicles!:eek:

I was just down there and I saw the accident scene, it appears the son had a seizure while driving, even though he thinks he took his epilepsy medicine the night before, and he got off the freeway, drove right through a bank parking lot and into a wall which backs up to a strip mall. It's lucky he didn't kill more people.
Since one of my sons is an epileptic driver this story scares thet crap out of me.
ETA: But my son will appear conscious and lucid after a seizure and would most likley give bad information about whether he was alone or not. So that part is making more sense to me. But my son would also not remember much about it if he were in the crash. So I am a little confused about why he intially insisted that he told resucers she was there. My son would not recollect much about any of it.

Also an airbag doesn't stay inflated. It puffs up and immediately goes back down. It won't even protect you from a secondary collision. If you are hit and then roll, it has already deflated by the second impact from rolling over. I can't believe they are using that as an excuse.

LOL about your aunt!

In reference to the airbags: My son recently was involved in an auto collision that totalled his Nissan Altima. The airbags deployed, and when we saw the car about a week and a half later, they were still quite puffy. Not nearly as full as when they first deployed, but quite puffy. We could see the passenger seat, and part of the floorboard, but there were still areas of the floorboard which were obstructed. We had to dig through the car to retrieve some of his belongings, so I had a chance to get "up close and personal" with the airbags!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back