Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone knows if Allison's side of the family are looking after the girls or is it GBC staying with his side?

Why would GBC state publicly that he didn't do it? He hasn't been accused or charged? One usually makes themselves the prime suspect when they do that, I can think of several cases like this eg. Max Sica and Ian Huntly.

Why would people come out and 'support' GBC when he hasn't been charged with anything? Allison is the victim here. His real friends are most likely supporting him in private not in the media.

Many are saying how the Dickies are so great but personally I think their pointed releases to the media are narky...leaving out their granddaughters fathers name off things...even if he did take Allisons life he is still their father and that can not be erased.

Not everyone wants to share their grief with the public, and I don't think they should be judged for not doing so just because 'we' want to dissect everything they say and their body language.
Very balanced and sensible observations. Thank you.

Also she may have a BA with a psych major. To be a registered psychologist takes approx 7 years study & a year of supervised work. To practice a ma of psych or a doctorate is needed.

Also she may have a BA with a psych major. To be a registered psychologist takes approx 7 years study & a year of supervised work. To practice a ma of psych or a doctorate is needed.

Almost correct. There are two (sometimes three) ways to become a registered psych. One is to complete an undergraduate degree/honours (approved course), usually totalling 4 years FT. One can then complete two years in the field under supervision (internship), an approved diploma plus year's supervision, OR complete a postgraduate program - masters or doctorate (2-3 years FT). There has definitely been a push in recent years to complete the study pathway, but in previous decades, quite a lot completed the internship pathway.

I'm a bit shocked reading this post. Could you give any examples of where Allison's parents were "narky"? I would think their media responses have been respectful and honourable to Allison's memory. But I respect your opinion, so would like to know how you came to this conclusion. Personally, I believe they are aware of SO much more than we are. If they choose to not honour GBC in any releases, so be it.

On the flip side, I find it disrepectful that GBC's family have not released any official statements to the public for all the support for the kids or the search for Allison's killer/s. Wonder why?
Maybe they are just fed up with all the media attention (not to mention the whole situation) and just don't want everything they say and / or do to become public fodder for everyone to ghoulishly dissect and comment on.

Three years study, one year supervision

A report in today's Courier Mail/Sunday Mail of a very well known Aussie, which shows the types of things that happen in a violent drunken rage....could GBC have been drunk as a skunky when Allison returned from hairdresser?? GBC's business was on the ropes...constant arguments about the girlfriends...so he takes to the old bottle...

The damning images show one side of an interior door completely ripped apart, ******* beloved black grand piano overturned, plastered walls punctured with large holes and dents from punches, equipment including a TV and stereo thrown on the ground, a glass table, candlestick holders and picture frames smashed and bottles of alcoholic spirits littered across the floor.

Will need to confirm with mods about posting the link as this contains the name of the Aussie.

It could have been fuelled by alcohol. The behaviour and scene you describe is not as common if alcohol is not involved but it still does happen. In the case of my ex, alcohol wasn't necessary, a narcissistic rage or a violent action from a psychopath requires nothing more than one minor comment out of place for someone to snap.

Maybe they are just fed up with all the media attention (not to mention the whole situation) and just don't want everything they say and / or do to become public fodder for everyone to ghoulishly dissect and comment on.

I get that on one level, but if a person lost a loved one, would their concern for their own wellbeing really override thanking the many people that have helped to support their children? I find it strange that someone would feel victimised when I would personally want to shout from the rooftops my thanks for the many man hours, $$$, donations, etc that have been given to the kids. Even if a lawyer told me to keep my mouth shut, I would do it anyway. An expression of simple thanks would suffice.

I hope I NEVER have to walk in the Dickies shoes; a man that takes the life of his children's mother in these circumstances - what a despicable act! What loving father would do that to his daughters. JMO.

Exactly. If he did do it and if I were them it would take everything in me not to kill him myself. Anyone who would put their children through this IF IT WERE HIM(this to keep some happy) is one horrible person. IMO...............
Can you imagine having to speak to someone you might feel killed your daughter.
I also wouldn't be thanking him in any media either. As some have pointed out where is their thanks on behalf of the girls.
How arrogant to ignore the hundreds who attended her funeral,the locals who apparently initially supported the BC's with food and such,the police and SES who have spent hours and hours trying to find justice for Allsion.
Despicable,rude and arrogantpeople if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comment on the narky comment. That is also quite rude to say in a forum advocating the victim.

In response to a previous post regarding how it was narky for Allison's parents to leave GBC off of things etc, and it was added that even if he did take Allison's life that he is still the father of the children...
IMO, no matter how much I loved my son in law, if I found out, or strongly suspected, that he took my daughters life, there is no way in the world I would feel like including his name on ANYTHING!! I could never sit back and think "Oh well, he killed my daughter, but hey, he is still the father of those poor motherless children, therefor I will still talk lovingly of him."

I don't get how that would even be possible. IF GBC is guilty of this, he obviously didn't consider those children before he did it. IMO

Sorry but that's not correct. I am a psychologist and no where in Australia can you currently be registered as a psychologist with 3 years study and one year supervision.
A masters is required almost everywhere.

To be honest I think they have brought a great deal of the negative attention on themselves.

If they had handled the media with dignity and grace as the Dickies have from the beginning, there would be no need for them to be "fed up" with it all now. Boo hoo to them.

My comments were for those previously unregistered. A BA with a major in psych is something that can be a foundation for further study and experience. But in all it's approx 7 years study/working in a supervised environment.

Going back to the dry wedding......
Can't handle their alcohol = Alcohol induced rage???

Moo Moo

Sorry but that's not correct. I am a psychologist and no where in Australia can you currently be registered as a psychologist with 3 years study and one year supervision.
A masters is required almost everywhere.

Currently perhaps but not when she studied as I have friends and relatives who studied at that time ...

What if the lungs were too decomposed to show the difference.

There are other signs: hemolysis, elevation of plasma K+ level and depression of Na+ , cardiac arrest, acute renal failure. Decomposition in the air is twice as fast as when the body is under water and four times as fast as underground, and may take from several days to several months depending on environmental conditions. The body may remain identifiable for many months. Some tissues, such as tendons and ligaments, are more resistant to decomposition, the uterus and prostate glands may last several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46