Identified! UT - Salt Lake Co., WhtFem 200UFUT 'Saltair Sally', 17-23, Oct'00 - Nikole Bakoles

I was thinking about this case tonight and it made me wonder about the initial assumption that she was a runaway based on the dentals. As children my brother and I went to the dentist every six months but once he moved out (around 17) he stopped going because his dental insurance was not great. He didn't end up going to a dentist for six years! Perhaps this UID is at the higher range of the age range and possibilities are being over looked based on the assumption that she was a runaway teen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking about this case tonight and it made me wonder about the initial assumption that she was a runaway based on the dentals. As children my brother and I went to the dentist every six months but once he moved out (around 17) he stopped going because his dental insurance was not great. He didn't end up going to a dentist for six years! Perhaps this UID is at the higher range of the age range and possibilities are being over looked based on the assumption that she was a runaway teen?

Very true. But I also believe they are making the assumption that she is a runaway based on her hair samples also. It said she moved every 2 months for the last 2 years of her life. Runaway or abducted?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This woman (Christina Pitts) seems to fit the lifestyle of the UID. It is mentioned that she was transient and had no fixed address. She matches in weight, has the same hair and is in the height range at 5' 2" (only slightly above the estimate at 24 yrs.) I wonder if she was ever compared to the UID?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burnett-pitts_christina.html

Attachments

• burnett-pitts_christina.jpg
    burnett-pitts_christina.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 200UFUT.jpg
    200UFUT.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 51
List of exclusions on NamUS:
Shannon Arif
Bonita Bickwit
Darcy Brown
Tara Calico
Kiplyn Davis
Katheryn Eggleston
Debra Frost
Lynn Luray
Suzanne Lyall
Cathy Moulton
Sarah Norfleet
Patricia Schmidt
Denis Sheehy

Christina Pitts has not been excluded. She looks similar enough to me with similar circumstances to make a call in I believe!!

This woman (Christina Pitts) seems to fit the lifestyle of the UID. It is mentioned that she was transient and had no fixed address. She matches in weight, has the same hair and is in the height range at 5' 2" (only slightly above the estimate at 24 yrs.) I wonder if she was ever compared to the UID?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burnett-pitts_christina.html

I went back and checked the dentals on Saltair Sally. In the link you have posted it said that Christina Pitts was a known meth user; this would cause her teeth to decay. Salt Lake City is known for 'raves', so Pitts' drug use would be consistent with that. In downtown SLC, on the west side at about S400, there is a place called The Road Home, a shelter but also a resource to help homeless and disenfranchised people to get home. I wonder if their records have been checked by LE to see if she stayed there or was given assistance. There is also a free clinic there.

I tried to email this tip in (from the email provided on doenet for LE) but received a bounce back email....

I don't feel comfortable calling it in. would anyone be willing to call this in?

I found a new different email address. I'm going to give this a try again.

This case is no longer accessible on NAMUS. At the same time, Charley Project is listing Nikole Kristina Bakoles as located deceased. Are they connected?

Wow, erigal80. It's certainly possible...guess we'll have to wait and see.

This case is no longer accessible on NAMUS. At the same time, Charley Project is listing Nikole Kristina Bakoles as located deceased. Are they connected?

Wow, I really hope this case has been solved. If it is Nikole then the model of Saltair Sally does not look much like her whatsoever. Also Nikole's family said they learned she was arrested in WA in 2006. ??? And why the heck wouldnt they have ran DNA from all UT missing persons cases in her age range after all this time?

How can we find out the identity of Sally if it has been found?

This is total speculation, but I found that there is a man with the same name as Nikole's boyfriend/father of her child (at the time of her disappearance) is in custody in Washington. Same name, same age. I'd like to know why he is there and if this man in custody is the same man who was dating Nikole.

If it took them this long to figure out that was her, and she went missing the year before from a town 30 minutes away...

I think that the WA arrest was misreported. I searched extensively for that arrest. I was able to find all of Nikole's arrests up until the time she disappeared, but never anything in 2006.

I don't know why they wouldn't have run DNA. They should have, certainly.

As far as finding out the identity, I would suggest calling the Utah Missing Person's Clearinghouse. I found a daytime phone number for them: 1-801-965-4686. Since they pulled Nikole from the website, as well as Sally Saltair, they certainly could tell us if there is a connection between the two.

Anyway I would call, but I haven't worked up the nerve...I put some emotional investment into both of these cases.... so if someone beats me to it, feel free. :)

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHmissingpersons.html
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHunidentifiedpersons.html

Wow, I really hope this case has been solved. If it is Nikole then the model of Saltair Sally does not look much like her whatsoever. Also Nikole's family said they learned she was arrested in WA in 2006. ??? And why the heck wouldnt they have ran DNA from all UT missing persons cases in her age range after all this time?

How can we find out the identity of Sally if it has been found?

I sent an e-mail to the NamUs regional director (Jerry Brown), asking if the Saltair Sally UP case and Nicole Bakoles' MP case have been resolved (and if so, if they were matched to each other).

I never thought it would possibly be a missing person that I have looked at before. I have researched all missing persons in the midwest and surrounding UT states looking for someone with similar stats and appearance. I had thought for sure LE would have ruled out midwest missing persons. I mean theyve had 12 years to do so.

Oh wow, this was just a hunch. I'm so sorry for the family. When they heard of this alleged 2006 arrest, it must have brought such hope that she was at least alive somewhere.

This is total speculation, but I found that there is a man with the same name as Nikole's boyfriend/father of her child (at the time of her disappearance) is in custody in Washington. Same name, same age. I'd like to know why he is there and if this man in custody is the same man who was dating Nikole.

Just wondering what county. TIA

It's interesting when you compare the UID stats with those of Nikole:
Est. Time of death/Date LKA:
UID: About 1998 (about 2 years prior to discovery)
NKB: March 2000 (7 months prior to discovery)​

NKB: 20​

Height:
UID: 5'0-5'3"
NKB: 5'5"​

Weight:
UID: 80-100 lbs.
NKB: 105 lbs.​

Hair:
UID: Brown
NKB: "Strawberry Blonde"​

Physical Anomalies:
UID: top vertebrae did not fuse correctly which may have caused a slight physical deformity.
NKB: No Mention of spinal deformities​

Childbirth History:

UID: No Mention of skeletal indications of prior pregnancy
NKB: Bore at least one child by c-section.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members