CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A personal experience with my teen who doesn't have any myspace, yahoo, or even an email addy...

My husband and I are fairly computer/internet saavy. We are well aware of the dangers and therefore none of our children have their own chat programs or email addresses. However, one thing that my husband and our children enjoy is World of Warcraft. In normal game play you really need to chat to battle with other players, etc. We told our children that they were to discuss game play only and we trusted them to obey or rules. It was a complete shock to me to find my 13 yo daughter chatting socially, and quite personally, with a player online. Needless to say, we nipped that at lightning speed. Prior to that eye-opener, we would have described our daughter as a teen who did not chat online! We would not have immediately looked to the internet for clues and we would have wasted valuable time. The internet is a scary place for teens. :(

I'm home a little early today so I am going to go out there and see if the workers are done and if I can get thru. Going there now.

I'm back and I didn't see a thing. I couldn't remember the location specifics that Invisible had mentioned. I looked all over, but not sure if I may have missed that exact spot.

I would like to go again, Invisible, do you want to go? I could meet you out there.

You can PM me for my number if you'd like.

I am anxious for this situation to move forward, somehow.

I'm back and I didn't see a thing. I couldn't remember the location specifics that Invisible had mentioned. I looked all over, but not sure if I may have missed that exact spot.

I would like to go again, Invisible, do you want to go? I could meet you out there.

You can PM me for my number if you'd like.

I am anxious for this situation to move forward, somehow.

Thanks for going out and checking RElady. :)

After talking to someone familiar with Cougar Pass, I don't think I had gone in far enough. I will try to go again.

A personal experience with my teen who doesn't have any myspace, yahoo, or even an email addy...

My husband and I are fairly computer/internet saavy. We are well aware of the dangers and therefore none of our children have their own chat programs or email addresses. However, one thing that my husband and our children enjoy is World of Warcraft. In normal game play you really need to chat to battle with other players, etc. We told our children that they were to discuss game play only and we trusted them to obey or rules. It was a complete shock to me to find my 13 yo daughter chatting socially, and quite personally, with a player online. Needless to say, we nipped that at lightning speed. Prior to that eye-opener, we would have described our daughter as a teen who did not chat online! We would not have immediately looked to the internet for clues and we would have wasted valuable time. The internet is a scary place for teens. :(

Slightly off topic,

I think I may have a resource area for EVERYONE, not just teens, seriously, in LTWH....the internet is a very scary place.

I have a 15 yr who is extremely internet, computer savvy....you don't know how many times he has come to me and said "Mom, call this #, this girl just spewed all her info to me and you need to call her parents"....we joke about a way to come up with org to deal with this, internet police..but how..and another big this is cyberbullying, drives me nuts.

Yes...please be careful there!!!
You guys are so brave...
i could never go search somewhere where a person went missing and try to find clues...
unless i was w/ a big search group....
thankfully, not everyone is as afraid as me....
this case is moving way too slow..
there seem to be no clues at all......:(

OK gang, I'm going back out there before it gets dark. I hope I find the area Invisible is speaking of.

I would be happy to go up there again if someone wanted to meet up. I couldn't do it tomorrow but maybe saturday. Right past the place invisable was talking about, where the creek goes over the road, is a big spot to park.

I've been wondering that too, DewSeeker. I really hope that LE or the family releases SOMETHING soon.

I checked the website her family has set up for her (http://www.bringamberhome.com/) and it looks like the family has two events planned to raise awareness and money for Ambers fund.

Applebees will donate 15% of your check to the Amber Dubois trust fund and any 13 Applebees locations in the San Diego, Orange, and Riverside counties on March 24th (next Tuesday) from 5-9pm. You must present a flier to your waiter (which you can download and print off of Ambers website)

and a Prayer Day for Amber is being held at local churches on April 5th (which is a Sunday).

So, for all you locals around Ambers area, there's a couple events you may want to check out.

Also, it looks like there are more searches planned for this weekend (the 21 and 22nd)

:rose: Praying for Amber.

I don't think the screenname is that weird either, especially since the articles have said she likes animals and wolves. Yahoo and other e-mail sites have been around for almost 20 years now, so most of the "plain" screennames are taken up- its hard to come up with a totally unique name.
I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo

It doesn't show any of your personal information. But it doesn't show the photos either.

Oh no! Thank you, Steadfast. I need help getting these up here... I am so inept at this. When I go to that web address, I see everything, even my personal info. Weird. Sorry, I will keep working at this. They are not even that exciting.

Hope that everyone will be able to see the pics here:

http://cougarpass.shutterfly.com/
Thank you so much for uploading the pictures. What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.
If you decide to upload more pictures you might decide to go to flickr. It is free and the pictures will not be so small there .. if you upload a larger image it will make its own smaller image of it and then those who look at it can view it at its original size which can sometimes help.

... What is that south of the bag and shoe? It is also black.

I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. :loser:)

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff