Weekend Discussion thread 04/21-24/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of them travel in the same circles.

Also interesting to note..........TLM's defense lawyer is now a Judge.

From reading about her involvement with TLM, she said it was the only case where her client had pleaded guilty.

Despite what some may say, defense lawyers are honest as well.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/12/21/19153116.html

Tis true, but I think someone needs to tell Jose Baez about that.....:)

You're right, they don't have any regard for the CCTV, I have seen people smash in a window of a store right in front o the cameras. And let's not forgot the riots, that did not deter anyone.

yes and i think that a law abiding citizen thinks of those things, even petty crime is not worth it for moral reasons obviously but the fear of getting caught and all that goes with that.

I have no idea how some criminals find it worth it to them to buy or sell drugs or to steal. A non criminal would be deterred by conscience and the fear of the shame, consequences and jail. But yet the criminal minded will do it. Hard to wrap the brain around it really when they could just get a job like everyone else. But some have been criminally active for so long I guess they don't believe they will get caught; whether they think LE is spread so thin or that they are just smarter. Who knows; but crime continues based on the wants, the needs, the emotions, the circumstances and the depravity of the individual criminal.

JMO

JMO
my last post on this issue...I understand that many a thief has forgotten about a camera but what I am saying is IF they were so particular after the crime to cover their steps..ie: toss the clothing...wash the car...lose a car seat...etc. etc. why not be concerned at the start to cover their tracks... doesn't make sense to me at all...JMO and now I have stated all I want and from this debate I will move on....respectfully....

I really think that it's as simple as they did not realize there were cameras everywhere. I don't think about it at all....I am always surprised when there are cameras. Granted, I am not walking around comitting crimes, but I also read here a lot so I am aware of cameras.

I think the average person really doesn't think about it at all and is maybe even unaware that there are cameras in a lot of places these days. JMO

I wonder why TLM left out the rape until later on in her confession? Wonder if she omitted to murdering VS so that police would believe that MR did rape VS because if she just added that MR raped VS it wouldn't sound believable as she left that part out till later, hmm wonder why?

Same with Wilson street, and then TM's house has a bunch of media around it.

yea i saw that on the street view; i imagine lots of crimes and odd stuff are found on street view. JMO

Which IMO VS knew TLM.. Also why was TLM able to shove VS into the back seat and then (correct me if i am wrong) TLM ran/walked around to sit in the front passenger seat. VS would have tried to get out of the car at that point if she didn't know them. At least you would think so anyways. JMO

Wasn't the door handle missing from the inside of the car? Maybe she did try to get out but couldn't. JMO

Wasn't the door handle missing from the inside of the car? Maybe she did try to get out but couldn't. JMO

Did TLM ever say what side of the car she shoved VS into the back seat?

Still seems weird TLM felt safe to sit in the front passenger seat as suppose to in the back with VS to ensure she didn't try to escape. JMO

And twisting the truth so it fits their client. Oh but lawyers do lie. If the evidence isn't there to back it up, why can't they lie? Looks at the CA case for example. Was there any evidence that Hailey drowned in the pool? Was there any evidence GA and LA molested CA? Nope there wasn't any evidence of either. JB lied, bold out lied to raise a reasonable doubt with the jurors and that's how Derstine will try and cover MR's azz. Lies, lies and more lies IMHO. BUT also in MHO, Derstine just isn't cutting it so far. I typed out a list of all the witnesses he has cross examinations thus far, and I do not see one single thing where he has raised a reasonable doubt with me. Actually most of his questions seem rather just out there in no mans land, kwim. I can hardly wait to hear how Derstine's cross comes into play if at all. Then again, that's JMHO.

Respectfully, her name was Caylee not Hailey.

I have not seen Derstine even remotely attempt any courtroom antics like Baez did. I also haven't seen Derstine lying to create reasonable doubt, there are plenty of holes in the Crowns case to poke holes at, IMO.

Comparing an American case to a Canadian case is like comparing apples to oranges. Our laws and the rules the lawyer have to follow are different.

I think Destine has created reasonable doubt in some aspects of the case. You don't need to cross examine for hours to get your point across, sometimes short and sweet is the best approach and the way to win overvte jury. If you drag the cross out too long you lose the jury. JMO

Were you there to hear her testimony or just getting the thought it sounded contrived from the news articles?

I was there to hear her testimony and IMO it did not sound contrived and/or scripted. Not saying I believe everything she has said by any means, but listening to her tell the story of what happened that day together with how the evidence has corroborated her testimony if does add truth to it.

JMO

No, I wasn't present and I have previously said that the jury may be getting an entirely different interpretation from watching the testimony.

I looked at some of her statements that were written.........and they sound like words and phrases she heard somewhere and incorporated into her statement.

I do also recall her testimony that she went home after the murder and wrote out excuses to say to LE if she were questioned. She also said she tried to memorize what she would say.

She has had 3 years to get her story down pat, and she has lots of experience with the sobbing, weeping, hushed tones..........that she knows are a physical demonstration of "truthfulness'.

She employed the very same techniques during her first interview, when she was dead faced lying about who murdered VS.

She employed them again when she was lying to VS family at her sentencing.

But since you were there.......when the Crown, or especially Derstine
questioned her about something she had said........did she get immediately angry about being challenged?

That is what often happens, and I believe I read she did get angry with Derstine when he challenged her.

Just wondering...........

Thanks,

JMO.........

JMO............

I have a question.

Is it possible there there are many publication bans that the crown was unable to ask certain questions to help his case?

I feel that after this trial is over something is going to come out. Maybe it will have to do with MTR, TLM or other people.

I just have this sense that there is a reason why they havent dove into certain areas that are crucial in proving MTR's Guilt. JMO

If there was a ban, the Crown would still be able to ask, the media would just not be allowed to report.

I wonder if TLM is still writing out her thoughts etc on paper? If any more will be showed to the court if it can prove more guilt or innocence on MR part. Wondering if TLM is writing down how she is succeeding in framing MR for rape or How MR is getting what he deserve ...along these lines anyway.

Jezebel......If I could be so bold as to ask......

Since you were actually there, and all we are reading is tweets etc........did you get the feeling during her testimony.............

Did TLM look at the Crown and defense when they were asking her questions?

Did she appear "stuck for an answer" at times and start sobbing, wiping away tears or ask for a recess?

Or was her testimony as smooth as would be expected under the circumstances?

Just wondering.......because the tweets tell us nothing about that.

I also wonder.......and odd question I know..........

What do you think would have been her reaction, had you got up from your seat, walked right up to her and stuck your face in her face, and told her you didn't believe her and she was a liar?

Any thoughts?

JMO.................

Or...there was another person in the car. It would only take one hand to reach around and hold on to an 8 year old for the seconds it took TLM to get in the car.

Or...there was another person in the car. It would only take one hand to reach around and hold on to an 8 year old for the seconds it took TLM to get in the car.

Yes but the driver was driving fine with what looks like the window down in the Esso which someone posted yesterday it was to believed that VS was in the car at the Esso. Also TLM and MR (if they didn't know VS) would have to assume a child that was just kidnapped into an unknown car would kick and scream to get out. TLM in the the front seat just makes me think all the more VS knew one of them. JMO Unless a 3rd person???

I have a hunch as to what the defense is going to try to do. Since alot of the girls that testified have children, Derstine will probably say that none of these girls have said that MR tried to touch their children therefore if he is a pedophile, why didn't he do that. Again, though he didn't, that is not why IMO he raped Tori. This is complicated because they do have a confession but the confession IMO is not totally truthful in regards to the motif and although logically with the testimony, it can be put together, the defense will push that arguement. I'm not sure how he is going to get around the fact that she was found without her pants on, which tells me logic will prevail.

I have a hunch as to what the defense is going to try to do. Since alot of the girls that testified have children, Derstine will probably say that none of these girls have said that MR tried to touch their children therefore if he is a pedophile, why didn't he do that. Again, though he didn't, that is not why IMO he raped Tori. This is complicated because they do have a confession but the confession IMO is not totally truthful in regards to the motif.

I bet MR mother will take the stand saying back seat was out of car on April 8th and before that date. JMO

There were no door handles missing.

Investigators found that in the rear passenger side of the car, the window crank handle was missing
http://www.canada.com/news/Tori+Sta...+return+found+accused+home/6415478/story.html

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Rear drivers side door is also painted white on the inside, but has a handle for the window.

If there was a ban, the Crown would still be able to ask, the media would just not be allowed to report.

Precisely. Also, the media despises publication bans and always reports where there is one. They try to fight them tooth and nail. AFAIK, the only current publication ban is the one on TLM's Edited SoF. Even most of what had been edited out has now been revealed during the trial. Unless I'm mistaken, anything that had to do with MTR was what was not allowed to be made public.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member