CA CA - Cristian Soto-Sanchez, 23, San Francisco, 24 Sept 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Man’s Family, Friends Ask for Public’s Help
cristian2.png

Family and friends of a 23-year-old man who has been missing since September 24 are asking for the public’s help in finding him.

Cristian Alan Soto grew up in the Mission, but relocated to Concord with his mother and siblings less than a year ago. Soto is Mexican, with brown eyes and black hair, and described as 5’10” tall and weighing about 180 pounds. He was wearing black pants and a button up shirt with white flowers at the time of his disappearance.

Soto was reportedly last seen downtown, in the area of Bush Street and Van Ness Avenue, after leaving a friend’s home in the early morning hours on Saturday. The two had attended a concert by Australian record producer Flume on Friday night at the Bill Graham Auditorium at Civic Center.
http://missionlocal.org/2016/09/missing-sf-mans-family-friends-ask-for-publics-help/

From that link:
The friend believed that Soto walked back to his car, and reported that he was carrying a backpack.

Later that morning, a co-worker noticed Soto’s car still parked in the garage, and discovered his backpack “in front of the car.” The backpack’s contents – an ID card, credit cards, wallet, the car keys, and extra clothing – were strewn out on the ground.

That sounds alarming! It sounds like he's a responsible, conscientious young man. What happened?? Was cash missing from the wallet, I wonder? Maybe he was held up for money...but, then what? The article does say that "He has also previously sought counseling for depression-related illnesses", which opens the possibility of that coming into play with his disappearance.

The beginning of this report is even more confusing!
Why is there a statement that he comitted suicide and later only writing about his missing?
http://www.thesfnews.com/cristian-alan-soto-missing-since-september-24/28728

Friends and family are posting to fb as if he has committed suicide but I can't find anything that says they found his body yet. Very strange that they would just assume he is dead. Maybe police just have not updated the media yet because it's Sunday?

"Yelena Martinez updated San Francisco News that Soto had committed suicide.“Sadly he committed suicide in the golden gate. That’s why he left all his belongings."

Who is Yelena Martinez?
thanks for this question! I was thinking the same, but then i am not near and this could be somebody "famous" so i did not dare to ask.

Difficult to tell if this is "resolved" or not.

I have not found other reports but there is a request for his memorial (CRISTIAN ALAN SOTO MEMORIAL FUND)

Family probably needs closure. I'm sad they've given up on him.

It was poorly worded but she said he committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge.

It was poorly worded but she said he committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge.

But do they know that for sure or are they just guessing? Did he leave a note or did someone see him jump? There should have been a police report and media reports that a body was found. I can't find anything.

:(

But do they know that for sure or are they just guessing? Did he leave a note or did someone see him jump? There should have been a police report and media reports that a body was found. I can't find anything.

Agreed.
They just shouldn't say end of story with no proof. I'm at a loss with such an ending and no proof. So sad.

I don't know but it seems they are collecting for a funeral. I do know here was a jumper yesterday or the day before during fleet week who was rescued but that wouldn't be this guy I don't think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back