GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charges make me wonder about whether she was alive or not when taken. Can you be charged with kidnapping a deceased person?

No, it's a different charge... you can be charged with moving a dead body, but it's not kidnapping.

This a federal case... I personally believe we will find out that is because they took their victim across state lines.

I just hope this case doesn't follow the disturbing trend that we have seen with other recent cases as far as disposal of the body.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...022-5f3b-b512-11c1a28d407f.html#ixzz1jSNmkTRp

I don't understand semi-announcing her death yesterday if indeed she has not been found. That is just so odd and was mishandled, IMO.

If indeed there is a very large reward, as has been hinted at, LE should not be allowing (if they are) people to continue to search for her body if she has been found. JMO

Now that they've been arraigned, I think their names should be released to the public.

I bet these guys have not given up Sherry's location yet.

I guess it is possible that they don't remember. In the case of Richard and Gladis Russell, Samuel Littleton gave a really vague description of where Gladis was (something about fields and cotton, IIRC) and said it was close to where Richard was. Turns out, she was in another state, but the field description was correct. Could be that he was leading LE on a goose chase, but there's a chance he really didn't remember (and I think that's a real possibility..MOO and all that). He did plead guilty to Tiffany Brown's, Gladis and Richard Russell's murders.

I guess it is possible that they don't remember. In the case of Richard and Gladis Russell, Samuel Littleton gave a really vague description of where Gladis was (something about fields and cotton, IIRC) and said it was close to where Richard was. Turns out, she was in another state, but the field description was correct. Could be that he was leading LE on a goose chase, but there's a chance he really didn't remember (and I think that's a real possibility..MOO and all that). He did plead guilty to Tiffany Brown's, Gladis and Richard Russell's murders.

I agree and I remember the Russells' case as well. If these guys were drunk or high there's probably an even greater chance that they don't remember the exact location.

Points of interest I'd like to see on map (add your own)

shoe found at 9th and Holly
sugar factory
post office
sherry's house
sherry's jogging route
gary's walking route

eta
I may have figured it out on Google maps. I have an account and will try to create one. Minus the jogging/walking routes because I haven't a clue what they are. :)

http://g.co/maps/3fgfe

Not sure there is a need for this but I did it anyway. Consider it a work in progress.

Takes awhile to load.

IIRC, a local here said the rumors around town were that she was taken to Beach, North Dakota.

I had read that too, and started looking at trucking information in ND.

I don't recall what type of vehicle the witness said he saw hanging around Sherry. It was not MSM, but was in school paper, I think.

Anyone know if there's a way to search the Williston, ND court docket? Maybe we could figure out the names of the perps that way. I would hope there wouldn't be others being arraigned right now for aggravated kidnapping. We know one is age 47 and one is age 22.

The article posted earlier says the men are being held in the Williams County Jail. I never seem to be able to search jail records, but I know some sleuthers are good at this.

I think the lack of an "official" statement about the body of Sherry Arnold being found could be simple: it may not be "official" until confirmed through DNA testing or dental records.

I think the lack of an "official" statement about the body of Sherry Arnold being found could be simple: it may not be "official" until confirmed through DNA testing or dental records.

Still, it is most unusual for LE to hide the finding of a body, regardless of knowing the identity. Would have to be some sort of site investigation, evidence collecting, etc...

In reading the recent articles again, I see it says that Williams County Jail officials have been instructed by the FBI not to release any information about the 2 men.

Why? This should be public record at this point. I wonder if the 2 men are Sidney locals or if they have family in Sidney and the FBI is worried about possible vigilante justice against the men's family(ies) if their identities are released.

In reading the recent articles again, I see it says that Williams County Jail officials have been instructed by the FBI not to release any information about the 2 men.

Why? This should be public record at this point. I wonder if the 2 men are Sidney locals or if they have family in Sidney and the FBI is worried about possible vigilante justice against the men's family(ies) if their identities are released.

I wondered that too. In an article from yesterday morning (prior to the announcement), they were reporting that gun sales had doubled or tripled in Sidney and surrounding areas - and pepper spray purchases.

I wondered that too. In an article from yesterday morning (prior to the announcement), they were reporting that gun sales had doubled or tripled in Sidney and surrounding areas - and pepper spray purchases.

Exactly. The good people of Sidney are well armed at this point.

also i use to have to walk home from work late at night. i would walk with my keys between my fingers pointing out.[/QUOTE]

I do this @ Walmart...

I don't understand semi-announcing her death yesterday if indeed she has not been found. That is just so odd and was mishandled, IMO.

If indeed there is a very large reward, as has been hinted at, LE should not be allowing (if they are) people to continue to search for her body if she has been found. JMO

I think they were clear about her death, since her family and school family knew.

As far as the potential places her body may be -- they are endless remote possiblities in the MT/SD/NG, and unless LE/the FBI were asking the public for health finding her remains, I would reccommend people not search.

Maybe LE/the FBI do not want the scene trampled by the public.

I would say that Montanans are somewhat used to this based on loreet's post regarding small town Montana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh