State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem though is he took her off all accounts (and didn't tell her) a couple months before the separation started (i.e. before she consulted an attorney to draft a separation agreement). That's passive/aggressive and mean. A man who unilaterally removes all access to accounts from his wife, with NO discussion is not, IMHO, a good guy with an open and honest agenda.

AND, this 'good guy' couldn't wait for Nancy and the girls to leave and go back to Canada. UNTIL he saw that sep. agreement & saw what it might cost him, he was pushing Nancy to leave by April 25. There was no custody agreement or anything at issue when he wanted her gone in April. He had no problem with her taking the girls and going away.

Testimony from several is that BC was NOT an involved father until those last couple of months when he was trying to look more involved. He worked a lot, trained for a very involved sport (Ironman) and, until Dec 2007, was also in an MBA program. How much time do you think he really spent with his kids? There wouldn't be many hours left, if at all.

I read the documents pertaining to the custody hearing last night and a lot of people wrote that he was a good father. Now, whether he was or not doesn't necessarily indicate whether he is capable of murder, I still am not convinced that he was a bad, uninvolved father.

The money - If she was driving them deeper and deeper into debt, maybe that's why he cut her off. They clearly seemed to have a huge debt problem. The custody papers indicated that NC spent a lot, they both did I'm sure.

I missed the part about him trying to force her to leave by April but that is important as far as motive.

One thing that hasn't come up, or that I haven't heard is life insurance. Does anyone know if he had a big policy on her?

I read the documents pertaining to the custody hearing last night and a lot of people wrote that he was a good father. Now, whether he was or not doesn't necessarily indicate whether he is capable of murder, I still am not convinced that he was a bad, uninvolved father.

The money - If she was driving them deeper and deeper into debt, maybe that's why he cut her off. They clearly seemed to have a huge debt problem. The custody papers indicated that NC spent a lot, they both did I'm sure.

I missed the part about him trying to force her to leave by April but that is important as far as motive.

One thing that hasn't come up, or that I haven't heard is life insurance. Does anyone know if he had a big policy on her?

There was an insurance policy on Nancy. It was through Brad's employers insurance carrier, nothing outside of that I recall. I wouldn't call it a big one, I can't recall for sure but think it was $75K. Not positive on that number but it rings a bell for some reason.

Have you ever picked up a dead or unconsious body? Ever hear the term Dead Weight? Bodies are heavy and don't come with wheels or handles. Especially hard to lift UP to clear the trunk lid. Rigor would probably make it a little easier, otherwise they tend to bend in strange ways. No, never killed anyone myself, but used to be a volunteer on a rescue squad and have picked up unconsious folks. Once a non-overweight 13 year old VERY unconsious and sweaty (Exceptionally drunk BAL .245) I was only getting the top half while someone else got the legs, but part way up to the stretcher her shoulders folded inward and she fell to the floor.

Adrenaline helps a bunch. Combat medics attest.

http://bit.ly/icOYuG

There is a bench across the street. Oh if only someone were to have been sitting there to witness activity on said night/morning.

http://bit.ly/icOYuG

There is a bench across the street. Oh if only someone were to have been sitting there to witness activity on said night/morning.

This google search, full screen and zoomed in a little on the cars, clearly shows that the BMW easily could have been driven into the garage, a topic that was up for discussion a few days back. Even if there were some items on the right side of the garage there appears to be a few feet between where you would drive in and the wall. No windows at all in the garage or man door, interesting to note since any lights on would not be detected.

Also, am I missing something, but what difference is it if they used Tide or All? What is the signifigance on that...must be something because there tends to be a lot of discussion on it.

I also believe if the murder took place in the house, it must have happened downstairs. If a body had to be moved across a carpet and down carpeted stairs there surely would be some evidence of that (forensic). That said there would not have been any reason to be thoroughly cleaning upstairs, only downstairs. If that is the case the cleaning bottles in the bathroom have no signifigance other then the fact that they had probably been used recently, downstairs perhaps?

This google search, full screen and zoomed in a little on the cars, clearly shows that the BMW easily could have been driven into the garage, a topic that was up for discussion a few days back. Even if there were some items on the right side of the garage there appears to be a few feet between where you would drive in and the wall. No windows at all in the garage or man door, interesting to note since any lights on would not be detected.

Also, am I missing something, but what difference is it if they used Tide or All? What is the signifigance on that...must be something because there tends to be a lot of discussion on it.

I also believe if the murder took place in the house, it must have happened downstairs. If a body had to be moved across a carpet and down carpeted stairs there surely would be some evidence of that (forensic). That said there would not have been any reason to be thoroughly cleaning upstairs, only downstairs. If that is the case the cleaning bottles in the bathroom have no signifigance other then the fact that they had probably been used recently, downstairs perhaps?

The discussion about the detergent is because a friend claimed that Nancy used All free and clear and Brad bought Tide at Harris Teeter on July 12th. The inference is that if Nancy were still alive, she would have told Brad to buy the All, not Tide.

BBM
Of course if it were dark out and he was thinking clearly, he would realize that the garage door opener will turn on the light when activated. He may not want any neighbors to know (esp. those across the street). If only he had a ladder handy, he could remove the bulb.
And if were really thinking, he would remember to replace it.
MOO

BBM
Of course if it were dark out and he was thinking clearly, he would realize that the garage door opener will turn on the light when activated. He may not want any neighbors to know (esp. those across the street). If only he had a ladder handy, he could remove the bulb.
And if were really thinking, he would remember to replace it.
MOO

Or just deactivate the garage door and manually open and close it.

Wasn't the single All purchase in 2006? I think I remember Jessica reading that off the BJ's list. And that would fit the timeframe of the conversation they had about the All.

Nancy probably tried it, but preferred the Tide.

I hate it when friends switch up on you.

The discussion about the detergent is because a friend claimed that Nancy used All free and clear and Brad bought Tide at Harris Teeter on July 12th. The inference is that if Nancy were still alive, she would have told Brad to buy the All, not Tide.

And then Jessica was shown a printout of detergent purchases at BJs and all but one were Tide. IIRC, it was Nancy that did the BJs shopping.

And then Jessica was shown a printout of detergent purchases at BJs and all but one were Tide. IIRC, it was Nancy that did the BJs shopping.

Exactly. I would like to know if it was the Tide HC or just regular Tide that Nancy bought. If it was the Tide version of Free and Clear, it wouldn't be a point for the defense.

I'm not convinced the murder had to happen down stairs. I've looked at those pictures over and over, mainly seeing hardwoods throughout that house, even the stairs. Reviewing Brads depos and what floors he washed, the stairs and foyer were included in his cleaning spree, at least according to Brad. Lots of attention on the foyer, moving the vase and sticks about so he says.

I kept thinking about the description of how Nancy was found with only a jogging bra all bunchd up under her arms. To my way of thinking, I interpret that as a mechanism by which she was dragged from point A to point B. Just not convinced of where points A and B were. Will say however, the murderer was a clean one, didn't leave her clothes on her, didn't leave her clothes and "running shoes" with her either. Just left a bra by which to drag her. The ME also noted there was dirt on her legs, this tends to make me think either she was drug down to the retention pond or she was thrown. Brads detail about washing floors sets off the blue light special for me.

There was an insurance policy on Nancy. It was through Brad's employers insurance carrier, nothing outside of that I recall. I wouldn't call it a big one, I can't recall for sure but think it was $75K. Not positive on that number but it rings a bell for some reason.

Yes, the insurance policy on Nancy was 75K, and the policies on each child is/was 25K.

Just thinking this is going to be a really tough thing to prove if they didn't find one piece of evidence. Even from the cleaning, you would think something would show up on the rags or mop. You would think there would have been something found in the trunk or tire tracks at the scene or footprints.

And I can't help thinking about the partially clothed body and how odd it would be for a husband to not clothe her. Nothing indicates this was premeditated because he would have found a better place to dispose of the body, probably would have bumped up the insurance policy, would have done it with the kids not in the home, etc. But if it was in the heat of the moment, I believe he would have felt at least some remorse, "what have I done!" kind of thing and would have dressed her. I guess these are some of the things we will never know but definitely bother me about this case.

But who knows, maybe the prosecution does have good evidence that has not yet been revealed.

IMO, Brad was not trying to do laundry, go to HT, or anything else to "please" Nancy or make her happy. He knew that would not be possible, since he had decided not to give her the $300 this particular week. Two trips to HT but none to an ATM would not appease her.

Have we heard how much Nancy was paid for doing the painting?

The problem though is he took her off all accounts (and didn't tell her) a couple months before the separation started (i.e. before she consulted an attorney to draft a separation agreement). That's passive/aggressive and mean. A man who unilaterally removes all access to accounts from his wife, with NO discussion is not, IMHO, a good guy with an open and honest agenda.

AND, this 'good guy' couldn't wait for Nancy and the girls to leave and go back to Canada. UNTIL he saw that sep. agreement & saw what it might cost him, he was pushing Nancy to leave by April 25. There was no custody agreement or anything at issue when he wanted her gone in April. He had no problem with her taking the girls and going away.

Testimony from several is that BC was NOT an involved father until those last couple of months when he was trying to look more involved. He worked a lot, trained for a very involved sport (Ironman) and, until Dec 2007, was also in an MBA program. How much time do you think he really spent with his kids? There wouldn't be many hours left, if at all.

I seem to remember that the separation agreement was initiated in April. When was Nancy's name removed from joint accounts?

The holes that I see are Brad was fine with Nancy and the kids returning to Canada back in April of 2008, he even offered to get a moving van. This from Brad's depositions. He was fine with it until he got a copy of the separation agreement and got a clue as to how much it was going to cost him in alimony and child support (way more than $300 a week), then all bets were off.

Prior to April, he worked, he was in school, and training for Iron Man things, how much time did he have for his children really prior to April ? As to the kid duty, actually there has been a lot of testimony by friends and neighbors. Given their attitudes about Brad, personnally I don't blame him for going and playing with the kids, nor do I blame him for volunteering to take the kids home just to get away from it. Does that make him a good dad or self serving? The picture of the tv in the doorway didn't scream "good Dad " to me, I found it rather alarming actually since the tv was elevated and it could have fallen on the kids if pushed.

Honestly I can't say if he was a good Dad or not. I suspect he had his moments. What I can say is if he had a woman in his closet while his child was in the room off of that closet, that is not a good Dad, that is a self absorbed fella who quite frankly doesn't much care. I can also say that I believe if he killed Nancy, that is definitely not a good Dad.

Other than Nancy telling her friends that she was moving and Brad was okay with it, have we heard from Brad, or that Brad told anyone, that he didn't care if his family permanently left the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge