Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK for some to make money on Caylee and not others? This issue confuses me with every case. I totally understand why no one would want Casey to make money, but whether it is ok for others to profit always makes my head swim trying to decide what is right.

Some players, like JA and YM could give insight through writing and speaking that other professionals would find interesting and invaluable, and not solicitous. It won't be evident to the public at large, but it will be known in the smaller professional circles. I doubt that JA is very worried about paying bills or where his next meal is going to come from. However, in our society we pay certain people for their expertise.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...thony-make-750000-book-deal/story?id=14009296

Literary agents and publicists contacted by ABCNews.com said that the 25-year-old mother, who on Tuesday was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, could make upwards of $750,000.00 with a book deal. It's likely that television and movie producers will also compete to score a coveted first interview and rights to her life story.

who knows what will happen?

Speculation. Guess work. I don't see anyone paying her $750,000 or anything close to that. I imagine the National Enquirer will make an offer...hopefully it will be much less than the $4,000 they paid River Cruz.

So the juror who was reported to have a publicist never landed an interview, I take it. That's something, I guess.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...thony-make-750000-book-deal/story?id=14009296

Literary agents and publicists contacted by ABCNews.com said that the 25-year-old mother, who on Tuesday was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, could make upwards of $750,000.00 with a book deal. It's likely that television and movie producers will also compete to score a coveted first interview and rights to her life story.

who knows what will happen?

That is a July 6, 2011 article. Those prices have had a total collapse since then. A "Bear Stearns " human situation of 2011.

Of course, this is MOO -

I doubt any agent will sign any of them to write a book. Someone like Anne Rule or Aphrodite Jones could write a much, much better book about this than any of the A's or their lawyers. If there is ever a movie made about this case, it will be based on a book written by a professional writer and I doubt will be at all sympathetic to KC. Think "Small Sacrifices."

I think if Cindy finishes her book, it will have a very limited market. It's possible she could try a Repentance Tour and try to hawk her book to church groups and women's clubs. But I doubt she's capable of writing that kind of a book.

I have a hunch that ABC had a pre-established deal for the first Baez/Anthony family interviews, but I think the whole Disney trip for Jennifer Ford has made them a little gun shy and they could/should drop the idea.

I think the jurors have already passed their expiration date.

I agree I don't see a lot of literary agents wanting to sign KC or the A's for book deals.

If Aphrodite Jones wrote a book on this case I would buy it. Publishers like people Aphrodite because she has good writing abilities and she has been known to do her best when presenting confirmed details and evidence.

Literary agents and publishers more than likely would avoid getting involved with the A's. There isn't evidence proving the drowning and Cindy lied in court. Even though Casey was acquitted, the evidence presented by the state and the law enforcement investigation records will never die. The check fraud conviction will never go away and there is investigation interviews that detail some of Casey's other thefts and lies that occurred before Caylee's death.

Watching/listening to weird, different people is a mild hobby. Walmart is fertile ground - no killers I hope - so I wander around there sometime to satisfy my boring curiosity.

There are always a lot of others seemingly bored, wandering around there also.

I expect there are a lot of people like me (who are a little weird) who would read
Casey's book, articles, etc and watch her tv appearance(s) and movie(s) out of curiosity.

The media types will probably base their decisions somewhat on the curiosity factor and proceed into contracts and production.

Has nothing to do with emotional feelings about Caylee and Casey.

Anyone involved will make as much money as they want. Face the facts, Americans forget with time. Look at 9/11. At first EVERYONE was all about getting screened at the airport. Now, lawsuits fly left and right about getting searched and there are endless complaints about waiting in line to pass through security.

They might not make their blood money this second, but give it 6 months to a year and a huge majority will watch interviews, buy books etc and that money will go right to Casey and team.

This thread post goes under the classification of - BE HAPPY YOU ARE WRONG."

No disrespect intended here.

The court of public opinion is going to leave all these people penniless in the not too far future. And the sooner the better!

I think this is true. Unlikeable people do not do well making tons of money, Read about Amy Fisher, long island lolita....her husband, much older than her BTW SOLD a *advertiser censored* movie of them.
She had to have all kinds of work done on her face to change her looks and now does *advertiser censored* movies.....with girls, its a confusing story. But, she did get a journalism degree and wrote a book but she did not get rich from her crime. (shooting her bfriends wife) and on the whole she reminds me of KC. just wants what she wants and gets it anyway she can.

Even Jerry Springer has said he has NOT made KC and her family a 1 mil offer. I cant see any reputable wanting her. She lies too much and yep,
GA and LA could sue her for slander if she went into how she was so molested, etc. Unless she could prove it. Too many legal issues. IMO
I would not buy a book by KC, to me it would be trash. Idont want to hear how muchshe loved Caylee:sick: and how abused she was.
Id rather spend money on a book by a REAL victim such as the Dugard woman or by Beth Holloway. They are likeable people with real stories to tell. :)

I don't think any of these players the jury included will get a lot of money, The ones that do know facts will not tell the truth and the ones that don't have the truth know no more than we do. As for the jury what can they possibly say we saw more than they did, and they certainly did not deliberate long enough to have much of a story. jmo

I think if Cindy finishes her book, it will have a very limited market. It's possible she could try a Repentance Tour and try to hawk her book to church groups and women's clubs. But I doubt she's capable of writing that kind of a book.

I have long thought CA will write an "inspirational" book, something about going through dark times and God bringing her through it. Look for her on the 700 Club.

The only way KC will ever make any money on a book is if she admitted to the killing and how it was carried out and perhaps how her dysfunctional relationship with her mother "drove" her to it. She'd have to tell something close to the truth and she is incapable. CA would have to write a book admitting she knows her daughter killed Caylee and explain her actions over the past three years defending her. Again, it will never happen.

Otherwise, I believe the A's and the defense will not make much money off of this case.

Watching/listening to weird, different people is a mild hobby. Walmart is fertile ground - no killers I hope - so I wander around there sometime to satisfy my boring curiosity.

There are always a lot of others seemingly bored, wandering around there also.

I expect there are a lot of people like me (who are a little weird) who would read
Casey's book, articles, etc and watch her tv appearance(s) and movie(s) out of curiosity.

The media types will probably base their decisions somewhat on the curiosity factor and proceed into contracts and production.

Has nothing to do with emotional feelings about Caylee and Casey.

I suspect there are a lot more people with your mindset than we like to think or admit to. (Not sitting in judgment, mind you. :))

I just think there is a morbid curiousty that many will find hard to resist. So there will be a market and always some unscrupulous publishers/marketers only to happy to fulfill that 'need'. Sad, but true.

As curious as I might be to see what ICA or any of the DT have to say, I won't indulge.

Lee could make a mint. He knows the whole story - of course telling it would alienate his entire family. He probably will do so some day but if he did it now, he would rake in the $$ - not so much later.

His comment to Casey on 7/16 - "Is this like the last time?"
His codespeak at the memorial
His weird jailhouse conversations with Casey
His "flip" when testifying in court

He KNOWS the whole true story and should spill it. It would set him free - but it has to be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Kronk should be truthfully forthcoming also. His stepson said he has been lying.
He's similiar to some of the weird characters on my watch list :)
He'll probably write a book also.

I was flabbergasted when I heard/read that George and Cindy would write a book about what to do when your child/grandchild is missing. WTF! They know d*mn well that Caylee was never missing; she was most likely deceased long before that famous (and, perhaps, fake) 9-1-1 call. The only type of tome along these lines might be what NOT to do when a child goes missing, or better still, How To Make Money Off Your Missing Grandchild. jmo

Agree there is no need to write a book or make a movie however if there is potential for making $$ there are a lot of people in that business who will do it

People won't be making any money off this child's murder if the public ( you. me. etc ) isn't interested or disaprove.

How you show disinterest or disapoval is up to you. It's up to everybody to make their voice heard. It's the law of supply & demand. What do YOU demand ?

People won't be making any money off this child's murder if the public ( you. me. etc ) isn't interested or disaprove.

How you show disinterest or disapoval is up to you. It's up to everybody to make their voice heard. It's the law of supply & demand. What do YOU demand ?

Thank you. I was just going to post the same thing. If we don't want them making money off Caylee, then we don't need to buy their books or watch any programs they appear on. It's really that simple. We have the power, people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth