LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been told lately >> YOU are good!

Thanks so much for all the visual's you are providing.

Glad my photoshop skills can be of use somewhere ;) I usually don't have time to participate in the forum because I work so much. This nice 3 day weekend is giving me some time to sleuth! My husband just keeps on looking in my office shaking his head.

I think it is about 220-240 St Landry. Here is the pic and the Google street view showing the same apartment building:

qpfd44.jpg

https://maps.google.com/maps?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=224+st+landry+lafayette&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=224+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana+70506&gl=us&ll=30.219081,-92.025175&spn=0.005766,0.022724&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=30.219074,-92.025183&panoid=DCXW5K4pn1h_4xFxlYrLVw&cbp=11,129.09,,0,6.88

Bumping that image again....if it works.

My stomach is in a knot. I feel like I'm going to throw up! This is definitely NOT good news.

Exit 127 on I 10 Whiskey Bay exit. Where one of Derrick Todd Lee's victims were found!!

Apologies if this has been brought up before:

Per Wikipedia: Lafayette has a population of 120,623 as of the 2010 census.

Ford F-series trucks (if that is what it is) have been the best selling truck for over 30 years.

Even though that's a large population, and the truck is popular, I still don't think that many white trucks of similar style will be on the roads at that time of night.

My personal experience - I go to work very early in the AM, 4AM, and I might see only a few of these over a 30 mile stretch of interstate. Of course I'm in a completely different area.

What is the nightlife like in Lafayette? Do bars, *advertiser censored* shops, clubs, other stores, close at a certain time?

What are likely popular destinations somebody with no bad motive would be driving, along the routes mentioned, at that time of the AM?

Edit: I'm sure the theory that she was possibly hit and the driver freaked out has been brought up? Are there significant wooded areas or bodies of water for evidence to be dumped in the area?

Interesting observations as I was just trying to familiarize myself with Saint Landry Street, the last known location Mickey was seen at 1:48 AM on May 19.
The lay of the land, as has been discussed, is that on MS's right hand side there would be various businesses with even numbered addresses. The first at 224 St. Landry would be an Office Block setup office bldg. - #330 funeral home - #515 eye care facility - #600 realtor, etc.

The uneven numbered addresses that begin right at University Avenue and St. Landry seem to be mostly residences.
BUT, at the very beginning of the street I see a Pizza Hut listed as well as a place called 'Buns', both at 105 St. Landry. IIRC a local posted that BUNS is one of the choice places for peeps to get a bite to eat after the bars close.

Could somebody have been waiting for MS or have spotted her coming from Buns?

READ THIS!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

OMG!!! Just got a text from KATC News that said they have located Mickey's bike near exit 127 on I-10, the Whiskey Bay exit. More to come...

Is that exit next to the Sherburne Wildlife Management Area???

its like she went so out of the way.. and the way she choose to go is a bad area at night.. i wonder if she always took this exact route she went missing. I hope some more info comes up and they find her im going crazy thinking about it :please:

As an avid cyclist if I'm riding my bike late at night I always take roadways that have the most light from businesses/houses/street lamps/etc. to counter balance the bright headlights of cars and trucks. Bright headlights from a truck/car can cause you to see colored circles or blind spots for up to 10-15 minutes until your eyes are able to readjust.

If a truck/car was coming in her direction and it had really bright headlights on (as they always do at night), she could of been dissociated by it, and had to stop to allow her eyes to readjust, and that could of gave a person ample time to abduct her especially if her eyes were so blinded by the light.

Glad my photoshop skills can be of use somewhere ;) I usually don't have time to participate in the forum because I work so much. This nice 3 day weekend is giving me some time to sleuth! My husband just keeps on looking in my office shaking his head.

Your Photoshop skills are appreciated much more than you know! A huge THANK YOU!!
(I think you should take a nice little vacation until Mickey is found and stay right here on this thread continuing to share those excellent photoshop skills with us. Lol.)

Is DTL still jail? I'm pretty sure he is, but just didn't know for sure.

Yes. On death row.
But someone appears to be familiar with his M.O.
....hope to god Mickey is still found safe.........

Is DTL still jail? I'm pretty sure he is, but just didn't know for sure.

snipped...Lee was convicted on October 14, 2004, for the May 31, 2002 rape and murder of LSU graduate student Charlotte Murray Pace. Lee was sentenced to die by lethal injection. On January 16, 2008, the state Supreme Court upheld the murder conviction and death sentence.[2]

Lee is currently on death row at the Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola, Louisiana.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Todd_Lee"]Derrick Todd Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Maybe a copycat?

I didn't feel good about the case when I saw the truck in the turn lane that goes down University to I-10. I dislike it even more now that that the bike is near the Basin....it will be virtually impossible to adequately check the Atchafalaya Basin for Mickey due to the sheer size, much less alligators and other animals that would have access to her. I am so, so disheartened to hear this news.

Eventually he will get used to it...lol.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, WHAT DID THEY DO WITH YOU MICKEY???????

I didn't feel good about the case when I saw the truck in the turn lane that goes down University to I-10. I dislike it even more now that that the bike is near the Basin....it will be virtually impossible to adequately check the Atchafalaya Basin for Mickey due to the sheer size, much less alligators and other animals that would have access to her. I am so, so disheartened to hear this news.

How far away is the basin from last seen site?

I wonder if the press conference will still occur. Last I checked, today's presser scheduled for 3:00 p.m. was cancelled.

Prayers for Mickey's family.

Not sure but I'm downloading Google Earth right now so I can post where it is.

I'm 99.9% sure it is the exit for the Sherburne Wildlife Management Area.

:(

Hold on Mickey!

Interesting observations as I was just trying to familiarize myself with Saint Landry Street, the last known location Mickey was seen at 1:48 AM on May 19.
The lay of the land, as has been discussed, is that on MS's right hand side there would be various businesses with even numbered addresses. The first at 224 St. Landry would be an Office Block setup office bldg. - #330 funeral home - #515 eye care facility - #600 realtor, etc.

The uneven numbered addresses that begin right at University Avenue and St. Landry seem to be mostly residences.
BUT, at the very beginning of the street I see a Pizza Hut listed as well as a place called 'Buns', both at 105 St. Landry. IIRC a local posted that BUNS is one of the choice places for peeps to get a bite to eat after the bars close.

Could somebody have been waiting for MS or have spotted her coming from Buns?

Highly doubtful, Buns is only open during lunch hours and is ran only by an older man and his wife. This parking lot is shared with the Pizza Hut. Anyone in this parking lot waiting would simply be to conspicuous.

HER BIKE HAS BEEN FOUND NEAR THE BASIN! NOT GOOD YA'LL....

In the image of the car approaching the truck (image bumped in post 489 by Woe.be.gone), does it appear the truck is pulled closer to the side of the road as if it were stopped? I'm sorry, I'm on mobile at the moment and the image is too small for me to view very well. If so, I'm really thinking this car may have seen more than they perhaps realize. Hence, an additional reason/need to locate this car, just as others have speculated.

Yes that was my first impression too - that the white truck is pulled over on the opposite side of the street from the car.
Of course, there's no way to be 100 percent sure if that's the case. Or, maybe there is via video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151