LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so after looking through BW instagram feed, I've noticed that MS is in so many of them, I think MS and BW were an item. there's a photo in there of MS and it says 'early bird' like they woke up together. There are pretty close intimate photos in there. Has anyone else been through them?
http://statigr.am/bwil9891

OK, so after looking through BW instagram feed, I've noticed that MS is in so many of them, I think MS and BW were an item. there's a photo in there of MS and it says 'early bird' like they woke up together. There are pretty close intimate photos in there. Has anyone else been through them?
http://statigr.am/bwil9891

Yes, been through them. The grim-reaper shadowy figure creeps me out, and the photos of Mickey give me the vibe that he was enamoured with her.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's wrong with the social media video?

Hi everyone.
I'm a long-time WS lurker but had to join to discuss Mickey's disappearance. It just hits too close to home. I teach at UL-Lafayette, where Mickey is a student (she isn't a student I've had in class). I commute from about an hour away but love Lafayette and often run in the areas around campus after I finish teaching for the day.

I have gone running down by Cajundome Blvd a few times. This is near where Mickey's route may have taken her. The area and most of the areas around campus are pretty populated and safe, with no ravines, drop-offs, (Lafayette is flat) or wooded areas that I can think of.

I noticed no one has mentioned that there is a serial killer in who has killed either 8 or 9 women in Jennings, Louisiana, which isn't that far away from Lafayette (maybe a 40 minute ride). There's a thread about these murders on WS (not sure how to link it yet). There also have been a few women who have gone missing in the past decade in Mansfield, Louisiana and the areas surrounding Shreveport- many of these women have threads under the missing section on WS but not one thread about the area's missing women all together. I think (from Googling) that many people believe these disappearances are connected to the I-45 serial killer(s) and/or serial killers operating in Texas as well.

I hope and pray this is not the case, but I am worried about this girl being a serial killer's victim.....if you check WS or google, there are too many missing women in Louisiana. Having lived through the time when Derek Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis (the Baton Rouge serial killers) were very active in the early 2000s, this is scaring me so badly....for all women in Louisiana but especially for Mickey. I just worry that sometimes authorities don't realize there's a pattern or serial killer until it's been far too late. It's also scary as a woman who works in Lafayette and drives and runs alone a lot.

I didnt think of that...I really hope that is not the case.

I lived in BR during the Derek Todd Lee time, two of the girls lived pretty close to me. It was a very scary time.

I would hate to think something like this is going on in Lafayette.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's wrong with the social media video?
Please don't be offended, I am curious and skeptical by nature. That is what makes a sleuth right?
I feel like the video is artificial. The eyes, I dunno. Something isn't right and someone isn't saying something.
Did this beautiful girl really not have a boyfriend? Why did BW make it a point to say she had NO boyfriend? Why does he have so many pictures of her on his instagram, it's not a friend deal.

She didn't have a boyfriend, I know this as fact. There are a lot of people in the pictures, I'm in one of them in fact. I know with my friends and I, I ask people to take pictures of me all the time because I'm usually the one behind the camera and never in photos on my own phone. I don't know BW well, but my sis in law does, these kids have all been friends for years, and she's adamant that he's a good guy.

She didn't have a boyfriend, I know this as fact. There are a lot of people in the pictures, I'm in one of them in fact. I know with my friends and I, I ask people to take pictures of me all the time because I'm usually the one behind the camera and never in photos on my own phone. I don't know BW well, but my sis in law does, these kids have all been friends for years, and she's adamant that he's a good guy.

Just out of curiosity, because I thought "maybe..." but...is BW even into girls? Not that it matters either way, I just thought maybe he wasnt.

Please don't be offended, I am curious and skeptical by nature. That is what makes a sleuth right?
I feel like the video is artificial. The eyes, I dunno. Something isn't right and someone isn't saying something.
Did this beautiful girl really not have a boyfriend? Why did BW make it a point to say she had NO boyfriend? Why does he have so many pictures of her on his instagram, it's not a friend deal.

The eyes were kinda creepy to me too. But on the news video (when he was crying) he seemed so broken up. I really dont want to think someone would hurt a good friend like that. I know it happens but I just really dont want to think that happened in this situation.

On the Help Find Mickey Shunick FB page if you look at the comment/post about someone who saw a girl walking on Saturday morning, in the comments on that post someone mentions that she was last seen on a camera at Lafayette High School. That would rule out any harm by BW, IMO.

Happy Birthday Mickey. I will be praying for your safe return as well as peace and comfort for your family and friends.

Seems like there should be video showing her at some point, once she left the house...hoping LE can confirm soon at least whether or not they can see her on film so we know that she DID leave.

I though the same thing until I saw those instagram photos. Apparently http://statigr.am/p/189272999933965310_2142235 is BW's girfriend.

Nothing in those photo's that I find really alarming, moo.

I want to know more details. Who all saw her leave the party? Was this guy at the party too? What time did he leave? Sorry have not read back, hoping someone can give me those answers if they are known.

Seems like there should be video showing her at some point, once she left the house...hoping LE can confirm soon at least whether or not they can see her on film so we know that she DID leave.

IA, I see rumors she was spotted a couple different places on cameras, but it's just word of mouth things, nothing confirmed.

2l8b1g6.jpg

Black line – assumed route
Blue- already been searched
Pink- areas being searched today (5-21)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTcnWwlKDMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTcnWwlKDMY[/ame]

These people are amazing. The work they have done, mostly as volunteers without any official guidance... wow.

I'm not familiar with this website but it would appear to me that someone other than MS posted and captioned this photo. If that's the case, he could be anyone's "boifran."

Can anyone clarify, please?

The girls name is on the page, I dont want to mention it, but its there. The site is Instagram. The girl (who is not Mickey) is referring to BW as her "boifran".

Just out of curiosity, because I thought "maybe..." but...is BW even into girls? Not that it matters either way, I just thought maybe he wasnt.
(cut and paste from previous poster)

I got this same vibe, but could be wrong. Guys who are vegans and avid bicyclists also don't generally strike me as the type to make someone disappear or not report some kind of accident (although I don't know any guys that are whatever "that" type of guy who would do those things though....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe