GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Something to add about McDaniel's hair*
It has been long, at least on and off, since 2004.
Also he seems to be a creature of habit, in terms of how he dresses, extremely so.

I feel for his family. They seem to be very tight-knit and open-hearted people.

Mercer. Id. What about running shoes or running outfit? Has anyone seen an article stating. If any of LG s running shoes were missing?

Agree, but it seems like almost all the old photos I've seen have him with long hair. I can only find one where it was short, and I can't tell how old he was in that one. I'm sure he could have cut it short before, but he could also have it pulled back in a ponytail in this photo. It's hard to tell. In a lot of the photos I've found, he has it pulled back.

He had to have been growing his hair out for over 2 years according to photos with dates I've seen.
What I can't understand is why people associate long hair on men with psychosis or violence, honestly.

I will say something else, regarding the possibility that McDaniel is on or has been on psychoactive medication: he displays some signs of it in his appearance, now and before, It could also be the result of him never going outside between schoolwork, studying, and constant gaming, but he appeared to start gaining weight in strange places as he got older into his 20's. He's extremely thin in the limbs but carried weight in his cheeks, chest, and abdomen in a way I have seen many male patients carry weight once prescribed certain medications for Axis I disorders.
It could be his genes combined with lifestyle, obviously, but it looks more like some external factor IMO, either his lifestyle or possible medications impacting his appearance.
At any rate, still a sweet looking kid.

It sure does! I'd love to read the report on their findings.

This photo was taken on Wednesday, July 13th, two weeks later. If it's any indication of what's normal, then the receptacles would have been full enough that the perp felt the remains would escape detection, which would have been the case had LE arrived a little bit later after the garbage trucks had picked up.

p5AZ3.SlMa.71.jpg

Regarding McD's statement of his whereabouts, I'm not sure I've seen it in print. In the interview, though, he mentions being home studying all weekend. Another rumor I read somewhere said he attended the review class on Monday.

Link to audio of the full McD interview.
http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3.

I'm catching up on this case and wonder if anyone can help answer my questions.
1. Was her torso definitely found in a bag and in a garbage can?
2. Was Lauren's house key found inside her apmt the night the friends checked? If she left because she was lured out for just a minute, wouldn't she have had the apmt key with her?

TIA...

2. Was Lauren's house key found inside her apmt the night the friends checked? If she left because she was lured out for just a minute, wouldn't she have had the apmt key with her?

TIA...
1. In the trashcan.
2. Key in the house, but she kept another key outside the door.

I am bothered by something and just can't seem to find what I am looking for or pinpoint exactly what is nagging me ... so I am going to start all over at the beginning.

link for the original missing person's report.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wmaz/docs/giddingsreport1.pdf

I have been confused and somewhat bothered by the back and forth on the bf (some very confident of his "exclusion" vs the posts that elude to his "powerfulness" / prestigous firm, etc.

I have never seen the bf's name in any article or post and I am pretty sure I have read them all, so I am wondering just how those that post with such certinanty about who he is, where he works, etc., etc., etc,. where exactly did that information come from? Can someone direct me to those links please.

This report does state that the bf IS in Calif. (not traveling as I have seen stated by some)

and it does state that the only thing they could not find as far as personal items was LG's Mercer Student ID, which I find kind of intriguing.

Who would want to take that? or could it be that since graduation she felt it wasn't needed anymore and tossed it already (would she have needed to show it to sit for the bar exam? or perhaps LG had lost it... anyone know any more about the student ID?
His name is mentioned in a reporter's question at the July 6th BPD news conference. It's at 9:20 in this video.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134601/153/Macon-Police-Say-Lauren-Giddings-Was-Dismembered

TIA...
Giddings’ torso was found in a trash bin June 30, wrapped in plastic. McDaniel was charged in the predawn hours July 1, accused of a pair of burglaries in which he allegedly took two condoms from other apartments in the complex two winters ago.

Read more: http://www.gadailynews.com/news/mac...-mcdaniel-made-at-wal-mart.html#ixzz1T3S8Z2XN

Car and house keys found on her couch.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134493/175/The-Missing-Person-Report-on-Lauren-Giddings

She might not have taken her keys if she wasn't going far and didn't expect to be gone more than a few minutes.

very interesting bessie.... first time I remember seeing that Lauren's Mercer ID card was the only thing missing when the police report was made.... wonder why everything was there but the ID?? strange....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore...giddings-update-0714-20110712,0,5920245.story

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it seems to have some more interesting information about Lauren's personality and the type of person she was...

"Just two weeks before June 25 — the last day she was seen — Lauren spent hours meticulously baking cupcakes for her sister Kaitlyn Wheeler's wedding shower.

"She insisted on making homemade sunflower cupcakes" in honor of her sister's favorite flower, Karen Giddings said while she laughed at the memory. "She made 50 of them."

Lauren spent much of the month of June at home in North Laurel, intermittently studying for the Georgia bar exam, planning her sister's bachelorette party and wedding shower, and acting as maid of honor in the June 17 wedding.

Karen Giddings said her daughter was a gifted planner and organizer and had a knack for bringing people together.

Lauren, who graduated from Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law on May 14, would organize monthly "family dinners" for third-year law students.

In a card signed by Mercer law students and given to the Giddings' family, one student wrote, "Lauren, you were the glue that held us all together."

According to Lauren's dad, Billy, ""I'm not sure anybody knows all the answers, even in Macon," said Billy Giddings, who owns Giddings' Haulings, a North Laurel company that specializes in construction and debris clean-up. "We don't know what happened, but with what I do know, my imagination runs away from me."

Re: AgentFrankLundy's NOT agreeing with my statements about last night's FOX show featuring Lauren.. I respect that your view and opinion is different from mine and just one of the many reasons that I enjoy having a place like WS where both sides of the coin(I.e. Opinions) can be voiced and respected..

In going back to the beginning and speaking about the initial report I know that both Knox and myself noticed something that stood out to us that was worth mentioning.. In the police report it clearly states that one of the only things missing was Lauren's Mercer ID.. What stood out was that in McD's on cam interview he states that her ID was there on the couch.. He doesn't state specifically what ID.. But is worth mentioning just due to the likelihood IMO that her Mercer ID would be most likely to be out of her purse and out of her wallet rather than a DL.. That's jmo, tho! But it was something that a couple of us picked up on right away.. Yes, possible it could mean nothing, just thought I'd mention it..

Another thought that I've had in going with the theory that the Mercer ID was/is still not located.. I would like to get a possible Mercer student(present or alumni)or anyone who have such knowledge about a Mercer student(or graduate in this case prepping for her bar exam).. What would the likelihood be that with her living directly across the street from Mercer campus that if she chose to go do some studying at the school.. Would she likely have taken just her Mercer ID? I would believe it to be likely that she would just take the Mercer ID and not carry her purse and keys(as she knew she had the key outside the apt for her to let herself in).. So maybe possible that she left on her own accord from her apt, locked the door behind her and headed out over to Mercer to do some studying or to look up something specific that she needed resources on campus to find what she was researching or looking into..only thing she takes with her is the Mercer ID to get into the buildings that she needs access to.. What if possibly it was at this point that she was overpowered and knocked unconscious(as the DR last night said he felt would likely had to have Happened given Lauren's size and athletic build).. From there she was taken, murdered, and dismembered(where depends on who the killer is..) But even if not McD I still feel as tho the location of the murder and dismemberment have to be extremely close to the apt complex due to the torso being dumped at the apts trash bins..

It would then make sense IMO for the Mercer ID to still have not been located.. Due to it being on her person when the attack occurred and due to their still being major parts of her body still missing(along with her clothes that she was wearing are still missing to my knowledge).. Because it's been specified that the torso was found only wrapped in plastic.. IMO indicating it did not have clothes still on.. Therefor the Mercer ID could easily still be inside a pocket of those clothes wherever they may be along with the other missing parts of her body(how very sad and tragic to have to think about)..

Nothing more than a possible theory based on the little evidence that we know..
I also must say that the same theory would fit as what many of us have thought about the crime beginning in Lauren's apt with either the perp letting himself in or Lauren letting them in.. The same scenario could fit with the thought that she had the Mercer ID in the pocket of the clothing she had on at the time that she was either attacked in her apt or lured out of the apt with a ruse that had her believing she would be immediately returning(again no need for purse and keys when she had the outdoor key to use to reenter her apt)..
Mainly am just thinking aloud given what little we know..

Re: McD NOT having a pass key/master key/skeleton key as someone mentioned upthread as a possibility.. I disagree that this is even a possibility as we have Chief Burns as recently as last night make the statement on a national broadcast that Stephen McDaniel was found to have in his possession a master key to all apts in the complex..

IMO if he did NOT have this type of key then Chief Burns would NOT have gone on record stating that McD infact had a master key.. So IMO it's one of the few things that is known for certain..

My Mercer ID is always shoved in a backpack, my car console, etc.
I can't speak for how everyone handles their Mercer ID, but I rarely need it so it kind of gets kept haphazardly. The cards are only necessary to access buildings at certain times/on certain days, and also used to get in the gym. So maybe some people keep theirs in a gym bag.Its also possible to link your card to a debit account and use it like a debit card, but I think undergrads probably use that consolidating feature more than postgraduate students who have their own checking/savings accounts established prior to coming to mercer.

just some date observations I have made regarding June 25th and June 26th timeframe: (I am posting these more for my benefit than anything else, but thought I would share. :D )

In June 2011, the full moon occurred on the 15th, a full 10 days preceding the date in question, which would result in the sky not being very well lit after sunset, not by “bright” moonlight anyway.

The night of the 25th , sunset occurred in Macon at 8:49 pm, and on the morning of the 26th the Sun rose at 6:27 am. (these times were established by using the time conversion table for Macon GA as published in the Old Farmers Almanac)

We know that Lauren was spotted going through a fast food drive-thru at around 6:30pm.

(This would allow nearly 2 ½ hours of semi-light/semi-dusk from the time of the drive-thru visit until sunset. To me it seems very unlikely that LG left with someone during this time without being noticed by “SOMEONE”. There is typically a good bit of traffic and activity in this area, even on a Saturday evening.)

Then at around 10:30 pm an email was sent from LG’s computer to someone in Atlanta, about 1 ½ hours after sunset.

Several days pass and:

On June 30th (just after midnight) a missing person report was filed (what many would consider late Wednesday night, but technically it was Thursday morning)

Several hours later, somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 am - a female torso was discovered outside to the left of the apartments inside one of the trash cans, wrapped in plastic.

I am bothered by something and just can't seem to find what I am looking for or pinpoint exactly what is nagging me ... so I am going to start all over at the beginning.

link for the original missing person's report.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wmaz/docs/giddingsreport1.pdf

I have been confused and somewhat bothered by the back and forth on the bf (some very confident of his "exclusion" vs the posts that elude to his "powerfulness" / prestigous firm, etc.

I have never seen the bf's name in any article or post and I am pretty sure I have read them all, so I am wondering just how those that post with such certinanty about who he is, where he works, etc., etc., etc,. where exactly did that information come from? Can someone direct me to those links please.

This report does state that the bf IS in Calif. (not traveling as I have seen stated by some)
and it does state that the only thing they could not find as far as personal items was LG's Mercer Student ID, which I find kind of intriguing.

Who would want to take that? or could it be that since graduation she felt it wasn't needed anymore and tossed it already (would she have needed to show it to sit for the bar exam? or perhaps LG had lost it... anyone know any more about the student ID?

The bf was in California (traveling) at the time she disappeared. He is not still in California. He was back in Georgia at the time she was reported missing by her friends in Macon and at the time her body was found later that morning. He was at her memorial service.

I highly doubt the ID is significant. I went my entire last year of law school without mine (I had lost it the summer before). If Mercer is like most private schools, as a graduate student, you really don't need it for much, especially not after graduation. As long as you know your student ID#, you can easily go without one. Chances are she lost it a while ago and didn't want to pay the fee to get a new one or she tossed it after graduation.

Also, don't think she would've gone to the law library with just her Mercer ID and nothing else...her books and laptop were in her apt and these days law libraries are virtually useless when all of it is on Lexis & Westlaw online. Not to mention the vast majority of law students prep for the Bar with a course like Barbri and never look back at old text-books, notes, etc. They give you everything you need.

Why didnt the BF report her missing before the friends did? Afterall he had not talked to her in 4 days?

The bf was in California (traveling) at the time she disappeared. He is not still in California. He was back in Georgia at the time she was reported missing by her friends in Macon and at the time her body was found later that morning. He was at her memorial service.

I was merely stating what was reported by the friend that reported her missing in the wee hours of the morning on the 30th of June- The friend making the report told the officer the bf "is in California right now" (as linked to in my previous post) and the officer taking the report noted that he tried calling the bf # the friend provided and did not get an answer.

I really have no idea, I just know what I read in the missing person report. I am sure that it is possible the friend could have been wrong about the bf's location at the time and it was all cleared up later on.... just sayin!

after reading the official report on the first responding officer....im even more perplexed....but it did say she kjept a key outside in a vase....interesting

Currcat....Im really suspicious of the BF...there is a lot there that makes no sense...however Col Mustard is quick every time I mention or someone else mentions the BF...to rebuke and offer a smack down....col if you have info or a source or a link why you are so sure...produce it

In the police report it clearly states that one of the only things missing was Lauren's Mercer ID.. What stood out was that in McD's on cam interview he states that her ID was there on the couch.. He doesn't state specifically what ID.. But is worth mentioning just due to the likelihood IMO that her Mercer ID would be most likely to be out of her purse and out of her wallet rather than a DL.. That's jmo, tho! B
That statement is consistent with the police report.
The victim's purse with her ID and other identification cards was still on her couch.
But in the second to last sentence the officer writes:
The only item we were not able to locate is her Mercer Student ID card.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134493/175/The-Missing-Person-Report-on-Lauren-Giddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member