WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The task force may know who did this, but they may not have enough evidence to charge the person and for the DA to take it to a grand jury for an indictment.

SNIPPED

On another note... Crescent Bar residents will have to leave the island when their leases expire in 2012. I bet the property value at 156 Crescent Bar Road just went up.

Here's the map / diagram of the CB property you requested earlier this week. I hope it helps.

FYI: The 2 shaded areas in the "Bushy-Area" on the map are the 2 "clearings." I neglected to label them.

Attachments

• MAP 1.jpg
    MAP 1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 146
Here's the map / diagram of the CB property you requested earlier this week. I hope it helps.

THANKS Del! That is very informative for those of us that have never been to the property (yet).

Del Rio for Mayor! I think I could have drawn that exact map you drew not even being there. That goes to show how amazingly descriptive your posts and pictures were. I could actually visualize everything almost identically to where you illustrated things. Goes to show your keen sense of detail and involvement in the outcome of this case. Well done Del Rio. On behalf of all your fellow WS~ers, we thank you! FODR!

The task force may know who did this, but they may not have enough evidence to charge the person and for the DA to take it to a grand jury for an indictment.

What good would it do to arrest the person without good evidence (even circumstantial)?

I really truly think that they are waiting on the crime lab to give them some results before they arrest and charge.

On another note... Crescent Bar residents will have to leave the island when their leases expire in 2012. I bet the property value at 156 Crescent Bar Road just went up.

WA does not use grand juries.

Sorry to post it again but this is on my mind and I went back through past threads but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone know if the Tacoma guy has/had a girlfriend that might have gotten jeolous that he was talking to MC? Maybe he has an alibi but what about a jeolous girlfriend that comes to Wenatchee to threaten MC to stay away from her boyfriend and it gets out of hand either on accident or not.....

Fabulous artwork, del! :highfive:

:gold_star::gold_star::gold_star::gold_star:

I nominate it to be added to the Timeline! :cool2:

While I don’t think this applies to the MC case, here is something interesting I found; this could be related in a way I guess?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/108666_missingday18.shtml

This is part 2 of a series published by the Seattle PI.

IIRC this man has already died and LE says they don't think they will ever solve this case. It was in the late 80's and is west of Wenatchee about 15 miles. CB is east.

This is kind of an isolated case. They knew who did it but couldn't find the bodies. I have a good friend who lived next door to the location a few years ago. Her grandchildren found a human leg bone on the shore of the creek but it was before the "landlord" shot the guy in the head. At that time they could not get a search warrant because it was found on neighboring property.

did i miss something??? i thought that someone said someone wanted to organize a fund raiser and were told no more money was to be sent to the "reward fund"?

Yes, that was my daughter that was told by the Memorial organizers at TTC that LE was "discouraging" any more contributions to the reward fund, but to contribute to the fund that was set up for the family for funeral and other expenses. I suppose somebody wondered about that, so there was a little backtracking? IDK. speculation

IIRC this man has already died and LE says they don't think they will ever solve this case. It was in the late 80's and is west of Wenatchee about 15 miles. CB is east.

This is kind of an isolated case. They knew who did it but couldn't find the bodies. QUOTE]

Just want to clarify that just because LE has a suspect in a case does not mean that the “knew who did it.”

A jury gets to decide if someone is guilty of a crime.

ARose, That wasn't the first time we've noticed some :back: in this case, and it probably won't be the last. KWIM?

This is kind of an isolated case. They knew who did it but couldn't find the bodies. QUOTE]

Just want to clarify that just because LE has a suspect in a case does not mean that the “knew who did it.”

A jury gets to decide if someone is guilty of a crime.

The reason I posted it the link was because of another question someone had and I thought that it gave some interesting insight into the case, from a LE point of view. At no time did I think the cases were connected, just to clarify.

I hope some of the same mistakes Chelan County made in the above case, are not being made in this case. (No Evidence No Crime)
Actually, the whole series of articles were very interesting.

I think LE is very mad at WW and that is why we are not getting any more info...not a crumb.

del rio-

Do you have a new theory you can post? Without violating TOS, maybe you could tell us what you think the order of events were...

-what day do you think her body was brought to CB?
-do you think they dragged her or used a wheelbarrow?
-what is your opinion about what else could have happened there? Just placing the body, or do you think dismemberment also took place there?

I also have a general question for anyone who may know. I was wondering if MC's hair was cut off at all. The reason I ask is because of the speculated attempts to hide her identity. Her long dark hair seemed to be pretty distinguishable. Has anyone heard anything about her hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher