17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably sprinkler control boxes or water meters. Most now days have plastic lids.

I am pretty sure those are water meter boxes made of concrete. Looks exactly like the ones where I live. You can see 3 of them in this other picture, they appear to be evenly spaced down the row of units.

Attachments

• Site of ShootingSS.jpg
    Site of ShootingSS.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 27
Who was the source of that little tidbit, Francis Taaffe?

Am I the only one that noticed that many of the "facts" noted in the Reuters article match previous stories told by FT and GZ's family during their media tours? Call me a cynic, but I don't believe he actually walked in the graduation, there are conflicting stories about his major and I will take the information from the College (General Studies) to be true. Suddenly everyone in his life was black. At 18 he was going into insurance to work with his godfather, who had started a million dollar business (according to what he said in high school), but in this article it turned into an Allstate satellite office where he had a black partner? Allstate offices don't fail, for one thing, and he never mentioned being a partner and find it suspicious that the partner was black. The great grandfather is now black, I believe that conflicts with the stories told by RZ Sr. And black children were in the house every day when GZ was growing up? I could go on and on, but IMO, this article smells of the creative license taken by those trying to make GZ look good in the media. One would hope the writer would have vetted the information before publishing it as fact. Poor Saint George, lover of all black people, could not possibly have selected Trayvon due to his race. And he only bought a gun because he was told to by authorities, the evil dog was stalking his family?!! One sick puppy, and I don't mean the dog. IMHO, MOO.

Am I the only one that noticed that many of the "facts" noted in the Reuters article match previous stories told by FT and GZ's family during their media tours? Call me a cynic, but I don't believe he actually walked in the graduation, there are conflicting stories about his major and I will take the information from the College (General Studies) to be true. Suddenly everyone in his life was black. At 18 he was going into insurance to work with his godfather, who had started a million dollar business (according to what he said in high school), but in this article it turned into an Allstate satellite office where he had a black partner? Allstate offices don't fail, for one thing, and he never mentioned being a partner and find it suspicious that the partner was black. The great grandfather is now black, I believe that conflicts with the stories told by RZ Sr. And black children were in the house every day when GZ was growing up? I could go on and on, but IMO, this article smells of the creative license taken by those trying to make GZ look good in the media. One would hope the writer would have vetted the information before publishing it as fact. Poor Saint George, lover of all black people, could not possibly have selected Trayvon due to his race. And he only bought a gun because he was told to by authorities, the evil dog was stalking his family?!! One sick puppy, and I don't mean the dog. IMHO, MOO.

And let's not forget the elephant in the room that of course GZ would go after Trayvon because of the burglaries being done by"black boys".

I totally agree that this was an extremely slanted story, made worse by the fact that sources were not cited. It really irritates me, because they could have printed the exact same info with sources.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is interesting that he was allowed to walk in the graduation ceremony in December though. So that is why he had the party, since he accepted the diploma on stage. Didn't many people here criticize him for having that party, calling him deceitful, dishonest, and narcisstic? I don't see anything wrong with it if the school is allowing him to walk during the graduation ceremony.

I am one of those people and I don't think the school should allow it either. This is not my opinion re GZ, it's an opinion I stated to the provost of the college where I taught years ago.

Wouldn't facts match after interviewing family, friends, and coworkers, if they are facts?

I find nothing strange about the facts on the article matching facts given by GZ's friends and family that have spoken publicly.

JMO

I respect that. I really do, but my niece, since she entered Kindergarden, knew she would be graduating. She would not only be graduating, but she would be going to College. It is paid for. Her parents used the pre-pay plans.

However, if she EVER chooses to drop out or simply decides at the last minute that she does not want to go to College, that money, will be donated to a child that wants to go to College. She will not be able to collect that money. Her parents will give it away to another child before they give it to her to waste on something else.

Graduating, in my family, has always been a big deal. It really is one of those moments when you feel on top of the world. Nothing matches it! It, IMO, would feel a little empty knowing that you were not actually getting a diploma?

MOO
JMO/IMO
Graduating is a big deal in our family, too. It has become the norm, though, to not get anything on the day but a piece of paper with pick up instructions for the "real" diploma. (But it comes in a pretty folder. :) )

In recent years I've attended 4 college and 2 law school graduations. None of them received a printed diploma on the day.

Maybe it's legalities, I don't know. But the last time I attended a graduation where someone was handed their diploma as they walked across the stage was in the late 80's--an MBA.

I think the trend of lumping walkers and real grads into the same ceremony is here to stay. I'm sure both walkers and actual graduates receive gifts and checks...the only difference between the two is a diploma.:what:

See, this is where I am confused? We have all seen the reports of the burglaries. We know of the ones who have been caught which, you are correct, the majority are black males. However, I have never seen anyone here deny that?
Were any of these calls made by George? Except for the Frank one? I think it was the actual victims who called in?

George on the other hand, IMO, has a tendency (a severe one) to over exaggerate everything. Every movement, his mind is thinking a mile a minute and trying to decifer what is wrong with that movement. Too a normal person, we would not think anything about it. To George, he pushes it to an extreme.

George's calls to LE, seem to be more fantasy than reality.

MOO

BBM

Correct, No one has ever denied that or said that there weren't any. What people have lied about, such as Frank Taffe, were the claims that 'all' of them were committed by black kids. It wasn't even a majority, some of them they don't know who did it, looks like the assumption was that it was black kids.

And then we had Taaffe claiming that GZ thwarted a burglary, involving a black kid, when he had no way to know that. This supposed thwarted burglary may have been just another Trayvon, we now clearly see how GZ thinks with Trayvon.

Taaffe's story had become more and more embellished the more he appeared on tv. And GZ sends him a thank you voicemail. Why would someone from GZ's 'camp' need to do that?

And what people have also said is, so what, a few burglaries in 15 months doesn't excuse what GZ did.

I hope and pray that no ones child or loved one, who may be visiting a friend, or walking in a development, or to the store, would ever be mistaken for a criminal by someone with a GZ like mentality.

JMHO

It is interesting that he was allowed to walk in the graduation ceremony in December though. So that is why he had the party, since he accepted the diploma on stage. Didn't many people here criticize him for having that party, calling him deceitful, dishonest, and narcisstic? I don't see anything wrong with it if the school is allowing him to walk during the graduation ceremony.

iirc same thing with FCA there was a ? as to whether she actually graduated. I personally don't agree with it, to me it takes away from the ones that actually did graduate. But in this "feel good" society we live in we don't want to hurt anyones feeling, or make it evident they did not succeed. jmo

The problem with that lengthy pro GZ article is that the majority of statements about GZ's life are simply anecdotal. They are not backed up by citing the source nor by giving any "official" facts.

Example:
Bob E, an employee of (such & such) Peru, from the bureau of vital statistics, confirms that MR So & So, is the maternal father of GZ's grandmother and his birth certificate states that he is Black/Hispanic.

Instead, the article just states that the maternal grandmother's father was Afro-Peruvian. It doesn't even say who in the family is suggesting that.

Another example: Ms So & So, a middle school classmate of GZ, says he was a nice guy. Pretty much anyone can find people to state the perception they had of a person's public image. It does not mean that they are privy to the intricacies of the other person's private medical, educational, psychological, financial, or legal history. Just saying, in public, most people are taught to put their best foot forward....Ms So & So, very likely could not possibly have the complete picture of who GZ was or is today.

But because schools, churches, legal institutions, medical facilities, etc are bound by confidentiality laws (especially as they pertain to minors) we and Ms So & So are not capable of relaying anything other than our very limited interaction with others.

The author didn't cite "official" sources most likely because he/she couldn't. Therefore, with the exception of a few neighbors, the stories are simply anecdotal. Even his employers at his three part time jobs or the places of employment were not cited.

If it were a college paper it would be a "D" paper because it lacks sources and citations. (IMO)

I wish she would respond. I'd pay money to see Corey go up against one of the most lettered, experienced and respected legal minds of the 20-21st Century. Especially a staunch liberal who's known for civil liberties coming out against the "civil liberties" poster affidavit.

Why would she need to? AC seems pretty confident in what she is doing. I'm sure she does not have to check everything out with him before she makes a decision. jmo

So is this how it's going to be for every article that's seemingly positive towards GZ? That it must be embellished or made up? Is it really that some want him to be this monster so bad that anything written in a positive light is taken with a grain of salt?

From Previous Thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7832758&postcount=683"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32[/ame]

TMGetToGun4.png

Quote:
Originally posted by Concerned Papa

Magnolia, any thoughts on how George managed to get his gun out of the inside of his waist band holster if he was pinned down, getting his head bashed on the sidewalk, with his attackers full body weight covering his mouth and nose, while he was screaming?

How'd he get to it?

PS, I forgot: while he was out of breath and losing consciousness
Sorry, can't speculate on this one.:)

We don't know the exact position either party was in when Zimmerman pulled his gun. At that time, was Trayvon sitting a little to the left..to the right...was he sitting farther back...etc... etc.... I could go on and on. Respectfully, a lot of things play into this that can't be depicted in photos such as the ones you have posted. IMO

Why would she need to? AC seems pretty confident in what she is doing. I'm sure she does not have to check everything out with him before she makes a decision. jmo

It's a ridiculous assumption. He's a TH who has an opinion, just like the hundreds of talking heads giving their opinions every single day. I've seen more scathing comments made by TH's about the President of the United States, I don't think anything is going to happen to them either.

The problem with that lengthy pro GZ article is that the majority of statements about GZ's life are simply anecdotal. They are not backed up by citing the source nor by giving any "official" facts.

Example:
Bob E, an employee of (such & such) Peru, from the bureau of vital statistics, confirms that MR So & So, is the maternal father of GZ's grandmother and his birth certificate states that he is Black/Hispanic.

Instead, the article just states that the maternal grandmother's father was Afro-Peruvian. It doesn't even say who in the family is suggesting that.

Another example: Ms So & So, a middle school classmate of GZ, says he was a nice guy. Pretty much anyone can find people to state the perception they had of a person's public image. It does not mean that they are privy to the intricacies of the other person's private medical, educational, psychological, financial, or legal history. Just saying, in public, most people are taught to put their best foot forward....Ms So & So, very likely could not possibly have the complete picture of who GZ was or is today.

But because schools, churches, legal institutions, medical facilities, etc are bound by confidentiality laws (especially as they pertain to minors) we and Ms So & So are not capable of relaying anything other than our very limited interaction with others.

The author didn't cite "official" sources most likely because he/she couldn't. Therefore, with the exception of a few neighbors, the stories are simply anecdotal. Even his employers at his three part time jobs or the places of employment were not cited.

If it were a college paper it would be a "D" paper because it lacks sources and citations. (IMO)

Most articles these days are written with the source being very generic.
"a person close to the investigation"
"a source with first hand knowledge"

I mean that's the norm now isn't it?

In this case, I can absolutely see why "Ms. So and So" and the other sources would want to keep their names out of articles.

IMO this article is no different than most articles (if not all) that we have seen in this case and others.

JMO

From Previous Thread

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

TMGetToGun4.png

Quote:
Originally posted by Concerned Papa

Sorry, can't speculate on this one.:)

We don't know the exact position either party was in when Zimmerman pulled his gun. At that time, was Trayvon sitting a little to the left..to the right...was he sitting farther back...etc... etc.... I could go on and on. Respectfully, a lot of things play into this that can't be depicted in photos such as the ones you have posted. IMO

As some have stated, we don't even know when that gun came out. We also don't know if GZ chased TM and in the process the two fell to the ground, with TM landing on top. Unless someone video taped the chasing through the two of them landing on the ground, we may never have the real story as to how, when or why that gun came out or how the two ended up in the position that they ended up in.

At best, it is an unholy mess. BUT, a mess that began because GZ assumed that TM was guilty of a crime that had not even been committed.

I never said she needed to respond. In fact, I said I believe that she won't. What I did say is that I'd pay money to see it. Kind of barbaric, but I would.

Most articles these days are written with the source being very generic.
"a person close to the investigation"
"a source with first hand knowledge"

I mean that's the norm now isn't it?

In this case, I can absolutely see why "Ms. So and So" and the other sources would want to keep their names out of articles.

IMO this article is no different than most articles (if not all) that we have seen in this case and others.

JMO

Yes indeed, but it does not make it right nor would these type of details be considered legally factual. But it is the path that reporting has moved toward and it is not good "Journalism."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer