Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said the mother was to blame.
and there is nothing wrong with making sure your child is safe and if that means walking to the bus with her so she didnt have to wait there alone so be it.

I am sure her mother is like most people of today and has to work to provide for Sierra.

She lived in a very safe neighborhood. She wasnt letting her wait for the bus in a crime ridden area.

Millions of kids wait for the bus to come by themselves all across America.

IMO

I am sure her mother is like most people of today and has to work to provide for Sierra.

She lived in a very safe neighborhood. She wasnt letting her wait for the bus in a crime ridden area.

Millions of kids wait for the bus to come by themselves all across America.

IMO

I have to work to take care of my kids, as well. But as I have said before, you can change jobs or hours to ensure the safety of your children. That is the number one priority, not "things."

"Safe" neighborhoods are good targets for child predators.

And just because millions of people do something, that doesn't make it acceptable.

Thank you. At 15, Sierra would be able to choose the parent she wanted to live with, imo. So she must have decided to move with her mother and leave her dad's.

IMO

Nope. She wanted to stay with her dad. Refer to twitter on Jan 7 around 6 pm

I don't necessarily blame her mother. I don't see how it is possible, but a lot of people really do not realize how dangerous the world we live in really is. Not just because of people who are looking to rape and murder, but people who just aren't paying attention because they are playing with the radio or texting and run off the road and hit kids walking to/from school. (It has happened here.)

Actually with our country having 300 million people in it things like this dont happen often in comparison to our population. We read about such cases more often because we are on a crime message board.

The majority of people are safe.

IMO

I haven't checked yet, does her stuff go quiet late at night?

I looked at a few days and yes, nothing after 9:00 PM. Didn't specifically look at weekends though. Phone turns off at 9:00 tells me there was an issue wih late night texting. I remember that problem with my own daughter.

Oh dear, I am a day behind on the timeline. I will be working tonight to update. Sorry for the delay :) Should be done before morning.

Actually with our country having 300 million people in it things like this dont happen often in comparison to our population. We read about such cases more often because we are on a crime message board.

The majority of people are safe.

IMO

Of all the cases that you actually hear about, multiply that exponentially.

No one is truly safe.

Fremont has a higher cost of living and housing...the schools and lifestyle are both ranked higher. It appears Marlese wanted a big house...and couldn't afford that type of house in Fremont, San Jose but could afford it in Morgan Hill.

Not that it matters, but they are renting the house.

Nope. She wanted to stay with her dad. Refer to twitter on Jan 7 around 6 pm

I dont read her twitter account. I did one time and found it quite alarming and vulgar.

So then why didnt she stay with him? What age can a child choose which parent to live with?

Although I have never figured out how he could be around any underage children because he is a RSO.

If they are teens they have access to the internet all over the place!!! Maybe not at home, but it's very easy for them to have a facebook without their parent ever knowing!

Wrong. The school district has social networking sites blocked and they are not allowed to use the internet at home for anything other than research purposes. My children do not go to friends' houses.

What is easy is for parents to turn a blind eye to what their kids are doing. That will never happen here.

Thanks. Here he would only served about 2/3 of his sentence, but that gets me close enough!

Served 170 days.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

Also on same transcript:

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Right. In fact, her friends say that she would often travel to Fremont, which is the town she lived in before she transferred to this new school. They said she was back all the time, she stayed with her dad. That she actually, you know, didn`t want to leave.

She wanted to kind of stay in Fremont. Stay living with her dad. Stay there with her friends, but her mom, you know, moved to this new town and wanted her to accompany her. So there`s no indication that they had any sort of fractured relationship despite his status.

I have to work to take care of my kids, as well. But as I have said before, you can change jobs or hours to ensure the safety of your children. That is the number one priority, not "things."

"Safe" neighborhoods are good targets for child predators.

And just because millions of people do something, that doesn't make it acceptable.

You must not live in Calif. jobs are few and far between especially in the Bat Area. And Sierra is not considered a cold. Heck when I was her age I was out at night till 10 with out a thought of what might happen.

I'm not blaming Sierra's parents or her mom's bf for Sierra's disapperance. However, I do hope that it was not okay with Sierra's mom the way Sierra "spoke" on Twitter, tumblr, etc. I hope that her mother at least attempted to stop that disrespectful behavior. Because if my child were posting some of those messages and images and I knew about it, there would be a consequence and things like the smartphone and Juicy bag would have been among the first possessions and privileges taken away.

You must not live in Calif. jobs are few and far between especially in the Bat Area. And Sierra is not considered a cold. Heck when I was her age I was out at night till 10 with out a thought of what might happen.

I live in a part of Texas with an insane unemployment rate. I have sacrificed "things" for my kids' safety.

If I had even thought about going anywhere other than school without my parents at age 15, I wouldn't have been able to walk the next day.

I dont read her twitter account. I did one time and found it quite alarming and vulgar.

So then why didnt she stay with him? What age can a child choose which parent to live with?

Although I have never figured out how he could be around any underage children because he is a RSO.

More at the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Right. In fact, her friends say that she would often travel to Fremont, which is the town she lived in before she transferred to this new school. They said she was back all the time, she stayed with her dad. That she actually, you know, didn`t want to leave.

She wanted to kind of stay in Fremont. Stay living with her dad. Stay there with her friends, but her mom, you know, moved to this new town and wanted her to accompany her. So there`s no indication that they had any sort of fractured relationship despite his status.

More: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top...er-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

Sierra's sister, Danielle LaMar, 21, said despite her father's conviction and her parents' divorce, the family of four remains tight-knit. "I've always been really close with my dad," she said.

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."

much more at the link.......................

I know this isn't the parenting forum so this will be my last post regarding any of this, but it's very easy for them. Their friends have iphones and other devices they can access their accts. I know many kids who have a fb without their parents knowledge. They do not of course use their real name.

Ok back on topic :)

You obviously don't live in an area like mine. Most parents around here don't even have a phone, period, so their kids definitely don't have iphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member