GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What behavior would indicate psychopathy to you? just wondering,, not challenging.

The Scott family has testified to or said in interviews that he did not treat Charli well. He showed her no affection and let her wait on him and support him. He refused to have a photo taken of the two of them when the other sisters were having a shot taken with their boyfriends, IIRC. The family didn't think it was a healthy relationship for her.

His co-workers and friends have mentioned his lack of affect and emotion.
This is not meant to answer your question fully. It's what has been said. No one has said they suspected all along he was a killer waiting to happen.

He was separated from his brother as a young boy. That has to be traumatic. His Mom was a true Libertine and he probably got sick of being hurt quite young. He learned to accept not being emotional to anybody in order to not be hurt by anybody. He loved his Dogs. They were better than people. Until Cass rolled along. Then everything changed for everybody. He was ready to be loved and to love back by someone he felt was worthy of him. Unlike Charli whom he felt was just a side sack.

Just connected with the live stream. For those who are unable to watch or listen, Officer Souza is testifying about the black bra, jawbone, and maggots that were found on the ground.

Looks like today's focus is the search of Paraquats on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014. A different officer (hard to catch the name) testified that he lost his officially-issued cell phone during the search and was unable to locate it due to the heavy brush.

It was on the last of the three...55?
I don't know if it recessed early for the day or for lunch.
Kapua?

They are on a recess - assuming lunch recess, because it's been a while. It's the last one today, channel 55.

We are back live. Still talking about the discovery of the black bra and maggots.

They switched to channel 54.

Capt. Dodds is testifying about the recovery of the doors and grille.

Would you be up for reposting the link to streaming? I forgot to bookmark it. And it's pages back there. Darn it I am in the middle of a writing deadline but would love to hear the last bit.

So .. Maggots. What was said about them? Was there anything new?
I was not able to tune in until too late, but thank you for the link and maybe a bit of tomorrow or Friday.

So .. Maggots. What was said about them? Was there anything new?
I was not able to tune in until too late, but thank you for the link and maybe a bit of tomorrow or Friday.

I got a lot of recess and the police reiterating what we know. I was at work a lot today as well

He was separated from his brother as a young boy. That has to be traumatic. His Mom was a true Libertine and he probably got sick of being hurt quite young. He learned to accept not being emotional to anybody in order to not be hurt by anybody. He loved his Dogs. They were better than people. Until Cass rolled along. Then everything changed for everybody. He was ready to be loved and to love back by someone he felt was worthy of him. Unlike Charli whom he felt was just a side sack.
Thanks for those insights, PT. I had never heard that about his brother.
The situations you describe in early childhood are textbook for one reason that NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) develops (according to my reading). The other classic reason being too much praise from parents inflating the child's ego to grandiosity. I think it's pretty clear that Steven was not over praised. He would have been over-compensating for damaged self-image from neglect and hurt. (This is an explanation, not an excuse.)

I think Cass made a good screen for his projection. Real love, no, too short a time. Infatuation based on fantasy and projection.

I got a lot of recess and the police reiterating what we know. I was at work a lot today as well

I wasn't able to listen much today, and Akaku forgot to turn their camera back on after lunch and then switched channels. I heard these new pieces of information. 1. That one of the officers paid someone $200 to get the doors of Charli's 4Runner back because he thought there might be evidence in/on them. 2. The grille was in the Casey Borge's garden. There was some testimony about the car parts last week but more detail today. And 3. That one of the officers (can't keep their names straight) lost his official cell phone while searching on Saturday, Feb. 15 and never found it. It was a flip phone. So no real exciting stuff, at least not in the few minutes I was able to listen.

What behavior would indicate psychopathy to you? just wondering,, not challenging.

The Scott family has testified to or said in interviews that he did not treat Charli well. He showed her no affection and let her wait on him and support him. He refused to have a photo taken of the two of them when the other sisters were having a shot taken with their boyfriends, IIRC. The family didn't think it was a healthy relationship for her.

His co-workers and friends have mentioned his lack of affect and emotion.
This is not meant to answer your question fully. It's what has been said. No one has said they suspected all along he was a killer waiting to happen.

Thank you for your input Puakenikeni! I have been following this case since it broke in February 2014. Real life gets in the way, so I am not always able to absorb all the details. My questions are for those who may know more than me. I have not studied the classical traits of a psychopath, however when I think of psychopathic behavior, I think of someone with no conscience to hurt others. I found this list of traits that may be of interest and it looks like many of these traits apply to SC http://www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits

I did hear second hand that SC and Charli were once at a coffee shop and SC verbally berated Charli to the point that the owner of the shop told SC to leave and never return. I also heard second hand that SC exhibited behavior of a narcissist.

When I first heard the audio interview between SC and Detective Loo, I was expecting to hear the voice and demeanor of a gangster type, however I was surprised SC sounded intelligent, articulate, not nervous, and fairly convincing. Now that his alibi story has been contradicted by numerous witnesses, I now hear a young man with an incredible ability to lie. I’ve listened to the interview numerous times, and it saddens me that he would commit such a heinous crime and throw his life away.

Thank you for your input Puakenikeni! I have been following this case since it broke in February 2014. Real life gets in the way, so I am not always able to absorb all the details. My questions are for those who may know more than me. I have not studied the classical traits of a psychopath, however when I think of psychopathic behavior, I think of someone with no conscience to hurt others. I found this list of traits that may be of interest and it looks like many of these traits apply to SC http://www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits

I did hear second hand that SC and Charli were once at a coffee shop and SC verbally berated Charli to the point that the owner of the shop told SC to leave and never return. I also heard second hand that SC exhibited behavior of a narcissist.

When I first heard the audio interview between SC and Detective Loo, I was expecting to hear the voice and demeanor of a gangster type, however I was surprised SC sounded intelligent, articulate, not nervous, and fairly convincing. Now that his alibi story has been contradicted by numerous witnesses, I now hear a young man with an incredible ability to lie. I’ve listened to the interview numerous times, and it saddens me that he would commit such a heinous crime and throw his life away.

Spmeone said he sounded like Sponge Bob!

I wasn't able to listen much today, and Akaku forgot to turn their camera back on after lunch and then switched channels. I heard these new pieces of information. 1. That one of the officers paid someone $200 to get the doors of Charli's 4Runner back because he thought there might be evidence in/on them. 2. The grille was in the Casey Borge's garden. There was some testimony about the car parts last week but more detail today. And 3. That one of the officers (can't keep their names straight) lost his official cell phone while searching on Saturday, Feb. 15 and never found it. It was a flip phone. So no real exciting stuff, at least not in the few minutes I was able to listen.

Cant find a phone? Hmmm leads me to believe there is quite a bit more down there

So well said, JusticeH. I felt the same when hearing him for the first time. I think his nervousness was there in the fast speech and unnecessary details, but it didn't sound like shaky and hesitating nerves under pressure.

I read something about the coffee shop incident before, not sure where. Thanks for that local knowledge. So it seems his unpleasant side came out publicly on occasion, just not enough to make him universally disliked. A complicated person. It is really a sad waste. While the waste to Charli and her ohana is incomparably worse, I have some pity for how he went so very wrong as he seems not completely without potential. He did have friends who seem like good people.

It is a small world. One of my sons is long time friends with a couple on Maui who lived in Kula during that time. I met them in Kula and Makawao two months before the murder, my last time on Maui, when she was working at the same place as Kurt Kaiser. Her boyfriend probably knows all those guys from growing up in Kula and being that age. It seemed like such a beautiful area. My ex-husband also lived in Kula and Makawao in the early 70's, 40 years ago, and loved to tell stories about it.

I wouldn't have thought anything so evil was waiting in the wings as I passed through in late 2013. Why, Steven, why. He could have survived the baby. He must really hate kids from some deeply wounded place. I guess he suffered from having a father who never wanted any part of him in his life. Also being Italian, where fathers normally take a lot of pride in their sons and vice versa, that would be even more painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire