Weleetka Pastor Faces Lewdness Charges *NO CONNECTION* at this time

The press has always been a strong force in the solution of crime. Our media people spend too much time repeating news that has been spoon fed to them. (It doesn't matter what news channel you turn to, they are all reporting the same thing.) I remember when some of the news shows, like 60 Minutes, used to be big on investigative journalism. Occasionally you see a glimmer of that, but for the most part, the shows almost seem packaged like a series or something. Journalists have let us down big time. If the newspapers would go back to more investigative journalism or exposes, they might save themselves. People might subscribe to newspapers again. Many of them are going down the tube, because we can get more interesting info from some of the blogs online.

Also, more info from LE would help a whole lot. Oklahoma needs a sunshine law!

OMG, Ocean, I thought the exact same thing today when I read that about the Levy case. Although I do not wish for this case to still be unsolved after that length of time, justice is justice and having closure can finally bring some sense of peace to the Levy family. Reading that today brought to mind the fact that even though we may not hear about the case in the media, it doesn't indicate that the LE have stopped working it.

I really do think that the OSBI wants to solve this case. It was one of the most high profile cases. They too know that the parents of Skyla and Taylor need to know who murdered them. I am sure it haunts them that they have yet to uncover the answers they need. I don't think they will ever put aside this case. Some detective somewhere will work on it for the rest of their career, if need be.

I see so many detectives on tv that finally brings a killer to justice and it is all about giving the family closure and I do think most LE does care and cares deeply. This case has to be most haunting since it was two vulnerable innocent girls just out for a Sunday walk.

I will never give up hope. One day it will be solved and I pray it is sooner than later.

imo

I really do think that the OSBI wants to solve this case. It was one of the most high profile cases. They too know that the parents of Skyla and Taylor need to know who murdered them. I am sure it haunts them that they have yet to uncover the answers they need. I don't think they will ever put aside this case. Some detective somewhere will work on it for the rest of their career, if need be.

I see so many detectives on tv that finally brings a killer to justice and it is all about giving the family closure and I do think most LE does care and cares deeply. This case has to be most haunting since it was two vulnerable innocent girls just out for a Sunday walk.

I will never give up hope. One day it will be solved and I pray it is sooner than later.

imo

My thoughts exactly Ocean~

Maybe he had molested them previously and they confronted him that day and told him they were going to report him to LE.

Yellow-Dog, You may be right.
The 2 girls waits and confronts him late that Sunday. He can't allow them to destroy his reputation and send him to jail, so he 'regrettably' has to shut them up...:rose:

Yellow-Dog, You may be right.
The 2 girls waits and confronts him late that Sunday. He can't allow them to destroy his reputation and send him to jail, so he 'regrettably' has to shut them up...:rose:

That's interesting; it provides a motive. How does that fit with the popular "two shooter" theory? Do you think that there was an accomplice, or that he was using two guns by himself?

This thought just now popped into my head...Do you all think LE/OSBI checked the pastor's computer to see if he visited message boards such as WS's ?Maybe they checked his computer to see if there was any evidence related to the molestation charges.

This thought just now popped into my head...Do you all think LE/OSBI checked the pastor's computer to see if he visited message boards such as WS's ?Maybe they checked his computer to see if there was any evidence related to the molestation charges

k4kathy, I'm pretty sure LE took his computer, if he owns one. I also think, since they have probable cause, they could also be searching his home.

We can only hope they did!

Could someone clear up for me why this incredible happenstance---sixteen counts of child molestation a mile from the scene of the killings---has drawn so little comment? Is it because LE is downplaying (if that's what they're doing/have done) this angle? Knowing of the internecine workings of rural Oklahoma communities, where religious---and tribal---concerns frequently can control goodly portions of the population, though that control is masked from outsiders's eyes by time-honored rituals of silence and avoidance---unless I'm missing something here, this particular event would seem to have to be dealt with; even if LE is downplaying it for their own good reasons, we should then be able to see more clearly just what, in fact, they ARE centering on as the reason for the girls's deaths---if anything. The preacher may in fact be innocent of the molestation charges, of course, but then the act of the children even MAKING these accusations, should tell us something about Weleetka and, by extension, about the tragic events dealt with in these threads.

Now please don't get me wrong---I know I'm a newbie and I want to say up front that, scrolling through these threads, there have been many brilliant observations made by many posters, and an abundance of caring and concern, of love and strength, has been communicated herein for the two girls and for their families. But the two most recently posted-upon threads deal with psychics, and whether or not the girls had a dog with them, a dog which could then be used to identify the perpetrator(s)! Rightly or wrongly, this strikes me as grasping not at straws, but at bits of nothing; psychics don't solve cases, good investigations solve cases, finding unsuspected links between events solve cases---and dogs cannot talk, no matter how much we would like that they would be able to. In the nine months since this heinous act, half of downtown Weleetka appears to have burned down, and not one suggestion has been made that these two events could possibly be related---probably not, of course, probably only grasping at straws: and yet so much better than talking dogs and the airy metaphysics of psychics. Don't give up on this case, people---go through your concrete ideas once again and help solve this horror.

I see that I've been feted with a scowly :mad: face to the left of the topic on the discussion board; please understand, gentle reader, it is NOT the posters on this topic with whom I'm :mad: unhappy (okay, I'm not too fond of the psychics and the dogs, but that's just me, and I'm cranky); rather, I am massively upset with the authorities who have allowed this case to languish and, for all we know, to be pushed onto a backburner, with precious little information divulged to the public---we who might assist, given the chance, with the case's solving---and with the newspapers and broadcast sources of our state, who have unconscionably allowed themselves to be less than involved with keeping this case where it belongs---front and center, in the public eye. Just think of what would have happened had these two girls been the daughters of persons of wealth and influence. This case would have been red-balled until it was solved, and it would have solved months ago, in my opinion.

Maybe the 2 girls stumbled upon him and a young lady? Or maybe there are more men involved in the molestations and the 2 girls stumbled upon 2 men and 2 girls.

Thanks to everyone who thanked me for my offerings above, such as they were. This case means a lot to me because it happened in the state where I've chosen to live, and not all that far from my current location. I lived in south Texas when it occurred, and my gut feeling then was---dear God, please don't let this go unsolved, and now it appears it is on the road to going unsolved. There's a meanness in this world, and it's never so clear as when it takes place in the midst of people you love, who you know to be good and honest, guileless, sweet people who deserve the very best.

Yes, Mamie, it could be something along those lines, or it could be that the girls knew beforehand about the molestation allegations---before they were made public---and that that knowledge came into play in their silencing. And it could be, as I said above, that the preacher is innocent of those charges and, thus, far removed from the case in question. Either way, and whatever, I'm Christian enough to include him in my prayers too---while I'm not overtly religious, I was raised in the faith, and old habits do linger. But it just seemed to me awfully odd that the two events took place within a mile or so of one another, in an isolated region of our state, within about half-a-year of one another, and that we're trusting law enforcement---which, involving human beings, can of course be fallible too---to inform us of the likelihood, or to warn us off of the possibility.

wfgodot:

My hometown is Weleetka. I live in Tucson now. I really loved eating at several of the San Antonio Riverwalk establishments earlier this month. Texas and Oklahoma communities are similar in covering things up. This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another. I love Oklahoma's lay of the land, but I hate the politics.

You may have sen some of my takes on the Pastor in other WS threads. I knew him personally for years, and am appauled at what he is accused of. I looked for his name in the Muscogee Nation News newspaper, and haven't seen a mention of him, not even n the section where they list tribal member offenses and such.

Don't despair, and keep the faith the girls killer(s) will be brought to justice.

Hi weleetka1,

And thanks. San Antonio's really a charming town---terrific people, very friendly. Anyone who thinks that living in a place where white folks aren't the majority population might be bad should try S.A., it'll change their minds. I enjoyed my eight years there, but it has grown...and grown...and (groan!)...grown (I think it's now the sixth-largest city in the U.S.) and I'm a small town boy, from KS originally, so was glad to get back to a rural area up here in NE OK, where I've lived once before. And I feel at home here because my great-grandmother, though I never knew her, was a full-blood Cherokee, so I've got that in common with a good many up here.

You are EXACTLY right: "Texas and Oklahoma communities are similar in covering things up. This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another. I love Oklahoma's lay of the land, but I hate the politics." Favor trading IS EXACTLY what I see as taking place here. I'm not sure, of course, of the specifics, but that has got to be a major reason why, nine months after the fact, we're still in, relatively, the dark about the Weleetka girls. I am also very interested in what you have to say about the pastor. While it's true that people can sure fool us, it's also true that one should not just abandon what they know of them when accusations are made. It is not beyond the pale to believe that that particular circumstance could not have been set up, to get back to your favor trading notion.

I do think that the deaths were the result of a very local matter, close to home. And that, perhaps not many, but certainly more than a few, know the circumstances: who did this, and why. Again, I hope against hope that the truth will out.

Thank you again for your kindness.

Marvin Lowe has another hearing today (April 14) at 2:00pm.

You're on top of things ! Can't wait to see what happens today

Thanks little!

Wow! His attorney withdrew from the case 4-8-09......I wonder why?

4-13-09 Application to allow child witness to testify in closed forum and outside the presence of the defendent.

Interesting.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back