Match! CA - Sierra Madre, AsianFem (231UFCA), 16+ *Doungboupa "Dawn" Sihakhom*

D-oh. I suppose the Ca being the abbreviation for California and the internet country code for Canada didn't help any, in my defense... :blushing:

I really do not want to be negative, but even if we take the travel time out of the equation altogether we still have the fact that she is listed as a runaway (i.e., not in regular contact with home) and yet there is only six days between the date missing and the date of recovery.

On the other hand Tawni Lee Mazzone ("Maricopa Jane Doe") was found in her local area after four days and remained unidentified for nearly a decade... so it's entirely possible. I just think that if LE doesn't cooperate we need to look into the timeline a little deeper if at all possible.

No problems here Cymro- you're not being negative, just taking a healthy second look approach, and there isn't anything wrong with that. LE gets a lot of calls that turn out to be a wild goose chase, so I agree it's best to have your ducks (or geese) in a row before contacting them.

Dawn was listed on NAMUS in July of this year, but as far as i can tell, she was not listed anywhere else before now.

I just received a call just a couple of minutes ago from Dawn's case manager on NAMUS. He said they will be contacting the LA coroner shortly to pull dentals and DNA. He said he would keep me up to date, and he feels this has a good possibility to be a match. He will keep me up to date as things move along.

Appreciating All.
Snufamonbobball

Keeping fingers crossed. Nice work Snufamonbobball!

Good job - keep us posted. I vote for a match, too... which makes me both happy and sad at the same time. :(

WOW, they sure do look alike. Here's hoping it's a match.

I vote for match, and one of the better ones I have seen. Please keep us posted. It seems like a very good possibility and kudos to you.

Snufamonbobball- KUDOS to you on one of the best possible matches I've seen! I can't believe the initial reluctance to investigate the possibility of it being Dawn-it seems like they should have figured this one out 16 years ago. I have a feeling that you may have just helped eased one family's torturous pain. Hugs to you for your diligence and sleuthing skills! Kudos to all of the members here trying to help families find closure and peace.

ETA How can a 17 year old be working as an exotic dancer? Shouldn't the place of business been shut down since they had an underage girl in that kind of environment?

That is close--all the details.

Nice work.

ETA How can a 17 year old be working as an exotic dancer? Shouldn't the place of business been shut down since they had an underage girl in that kind of environment?

We all know what kind of fine upstanding people run those dance clubs. :snake:I'm sure they followed the letter of the law every single day...:yuck:

Maz

A big :highfive: to Snufamonbobball, it looks good to me too.

:cow:

Great job finding it and hope it gets resolved soon. Please let us know!

thats as close as it gets.the only differece i see is the lips , but that might just be the photo of her on c.p wether its her or not, i think its unbelievable you discovered this.I would call it in IMMEDIATLY.You should be real proud of youself.goodluck and let us know its resolved.

I had been searching for this Doe for such a long time... as soon as I saw Dawn's picture, well, I was stunned. I knew I was on to something when her Namus case manager called on a Saturday. I had left him a message with her Namus number and where to find the Doe info. He said he was stunned when he saw the pictures too. If it's Dawn, she was found about 30 miles away from home.

I will keep everyone up to date when I find out whether she is matched or ruled out.

Appreciating my crazy life.
Snufamonbobball

Great job Snuf!!!! If this is a match, it's just a shame LE didn't figure it out long before now. Can't wait to hear!!!

Snufamonbobball,

YOu always do a good job with these possible matches!! Hope you get a definate this time. You go girl!

Hope we dont have to wait too long for the results, im sure its a match!

I had been searching for this Doe for such a long time... as soon as I saw Dawn's picture, well, I was stunned. I knew I was on to something when her Namus case manager called on a Saturday. I had left him a message with her Namus number and where to find the Doe info. He said he was stunned when he saw the pictures too. If it's Dawn, she was found about 30 miles away from home.

I will keep everyone up to date when I find out whether she is matched or ruled out.

Appreciating my crazy life.
Snufamonbobball

Oh I didn't know it was that close.

In that case, it looks like an even better match but if it really is her, it seems surprising that they hadn't been connected before. You'd think they'd check the missing persons reports from the nearby areas when investigating UIDs and vice versa. Must be the caseload?

I don't know the particulars of this specific case, but when there are matches that were made this close to home, it's usually just bad luck or poor conduct that leads to it going unsolved for so long.
if the person was not officially reported until after the Doe was found, matches are missed.
If the person is even one jurisdiction away, the connection might not be made.
If one tiny little detail is entered into NCIC wrong, a match can be missed.

Those are a few of the reasons that I have seen.

I googled the addresses of the Starlight Club and the location they found the Jane Doe. It's 18 miles and a pretty straight shot (kind of). The resemblance is amazing. It does seem rather close to the date she was last seen was Feb 1, 1993 (was this at home or at work?). It doesn't take too long to get a job as a stripper (which she may be have been doing before she ran away). And if not experienced in that business, she may have become too friendly with a customer or not taken safety precautions when leaving work, etc. The street is a dangerous place for a young girl... :(

Dawn had not been reported missing until July 14, 2009. Her parents were embarassed she had runaway. Her profile was put into Namus I want to say on July 29, 2009.

I found her on the Charley Project site. She was in the Oct. 2nd update.

Appreciating All.
Snufamonbobball

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks