IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE always wants to cite # of tips...:(
I mean I'm glad they are getting them, but they don't seem to be helping all that much...

That Lauren's parents either had or soon will have the conversation "when should we go home?"

Capt:

was 5 mile radius based on statistical info compiled

videos reviewed to compile a timeline or to corroborate info

He said he was CONFIDENT that he would be able to provide information regarding this case soon ... I wish I quoted it ... but something to that extent. They know what's up. Anyone have the quote?

Team:

LE in this county, FBI, Ind State Police...National Center

To report LS missing after ony 11hrs, and during daylight hours, shows drastic concern from the report filers. The girls certainly knew that there was a known prior underage citation, and that she was at Kilroys on Thurs nite/Fri am where she is not 21, and that these facts would come up evntually when filing the report. They were willing to do the right thing to report her missing, even when they knew (that if she was just found ..simply sleeping the hangover off somewhere) that more alcohol-related incidints would not be good for one's "record". Yet they must have sensed that something went really wrong that night.

Wonder how "normal" it is in Bloom, for a missing report to be filed 11hrs after missing, with as far as we know, no signs of forceful abduction, threats to LS, taking place.

The girls were scared and very very concerned that something was terribly off.
I agree that this is highly possible and I'm not sure that JW is guilty, but just to point out, it COULD mean that a report was made b/c you were the person involved in concealing the body and already knew that she was missing.

Lauren's parents remind me of Beth Holloway...she was determined not to leave Aruba without her daughter, but she really had no choice...

I believe that two females filed the report. At one point there was a report that JW filed the report, but I believe that was incorrect.

Question on PO Box

rec'd---sometimes doesn't bring out t best in people...

Who is DR again please? Lord, I have trouble keeping track of all of my own kids' names....let alone a bunch of initials. LOL
The guy who went with LS the first time (12:30) to JR.Went home when LS and CR went to kilroys got the 4:15 phone call

He said he was CONFIDENT that he would be able to provide information regarding this case soon ... I wish I quoted it ... but something to that extent. They know what's up. Anyone have the quote?
Don't have exact quote, but that's pretty close.

He said he's confident but that means nothing. He'd never say that they were unsure they'd find her or crack the case. Any cop ever say that? They're always going to say confident. "Confident" makes them look good and, importantly, gives comfort to those involved in searching.

Capt:

email, phone tip-line: found if monitored, they can b triaged-no relevance>set aside; if promising>we focus on

Not only search efforts, but what happened and what led to L's disappearance; the message is we are not going to stop

He said he's confident but that means nothing. He'd never say that they were unsure they'd find her or crack the case. Any cop ever say that? They're always going to say confident. "Confident" makes them look good and, importantly, gives comfort to those involved in searching.

He just said he has no more idea of what happened than he did 3 weeks ago. I just find that hard to believe after that last comment of confidence.

Jeez. I don't know. I am so confused.

Captain: [Again]---what was going on that particular night

Epiph: he's repeated this at least 4 times

Qualters: We're not going to stop...we're not going to stop.

Also: (paraphrased)
Not only will BPD continue to search for Lauren, but will work to find out what happened, what events that led up to her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708