**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it doesn't. I am not even sure they were HP. Show me better images and that he was wearing the HP shoe similar to the orbital, then I have no problem. I am on the G side. I do not need to find the shoes.

But you need to explain the shoes. . .Shoes seen at CB and sweater seen on camera should have been in his luggage along with the condoms, shorts, etc.

I can not figure out why the state did not do this experiment, unless they did try it, and I am pretty sure they must have.

They went out to the Hampton Inn to make sure a twig would hold the lock open, and to make sure a bush was in reach, why not have someone with
Size 12 feet try on a pair of Size 10 shoes?

I am wondering, if the Jury could still ask if that could be done?

I can clearly see why the PT did not do this sort of experiment. It could easily backfire. For one, they can not compel JY to participate in this experiment in the court room and anyone else besides JY is pointless IMO. If JY did agree to participate in the experiment, his true cooperation in honestly trying to get that shoe on his foot is required and there is no way to ensure he will really try to get his foot in a size smaller than his size. I think it would be foolish for the PT to try to do this experiment.

As for if the jury can ask for this to be done? No. They can't ask for something like this during the trial and they certainly can't ask for it afterwards.

IMO

I just do not see the logic in your thinking. Are you saying you believe some random person was just watching the Young home and after Shelly left they got in and brutally beat MY to death (just because). and this random person had a random accomplice who took CY out for a ride in MY's Lexus. Then both random people left the house without a drop of blood downstairs. To me that makes no reasonable sense.

I am saying that after the murder happened, and if CY was crying and upset ,
that someone could have taken her from the home, take her fro a drive to calm her down.

That would also explain the car sightings with a car similiar, if not, the same as Michelle's.

In Michelle's car was CY's carseat.

The other person stayed behind and cleaned up, and when CY was brought back, the 2 people left the house together..

You may not understand the logic, but apparently LE did because they also thought CY was taken from the home, and issued a s/warrant for Michelle's Lexus.

Hope this helps.

Nope it doesn't. I am not even sure they were HP. Show me better images and that he was wearing the HP shoe similar to the orbital, then I have no problem. I am on the G side. I do not need to find the shoes.

This is why I fear we could have another hung jury. All it takes is one of you or one of me and we can not have a verdict.

He owned size 12 hush puppies and a bloody shoe print of size 12 (or close to it) hush puppies was at the scene.

Regardless if we believe the shoes he was wearing the evening of 11/2 were HP's or not, where are the shoes he was wearing?

I do not know where they are. If the pic was better and they were HP, then I am fine with the assumption that he was at the scene. And he moves to the Guilty side. I just have trouble assuming they were HP Orbitals. LOMom, they may well be. To be honest, it frustrates me. I surely wish those images were better.

But you need to explain the shoes. . .Shoes seen at CB and sweater seen on camera should have been in his luggage along with the condoms, shorts, etc.

Yes, even if you can't agree they were hush puppy's, they were round-toed shoes. No round-toed shoes in JLY's luggage. None. And they weren't on his feet. So where are the round-toed shoes? Where is the dark colored shirt he was wearing. You don't have to call 'em hush puppies. Just call 'em round-toed shoes. Regardless of what you call them, they are MISSING.

Not that I think hes guilty..Because really none make him guilty. But I say--

The HP shoes
Ex g/f
Affairs

Even Gen can be explained though, as she also said this time around and before Josh Dalton testified that Josh did not believe her.

Gen cried and begged for her ring back, and continued to date Jason for at least another year if not more.

That does not mean Jason did not hurt her, only that they got past it, and we never heard from anyone in either trial that Jason ever hurt anyone, physically.

:tyou:

everytime I tried to google anything related to M YOUNG and miscarriage, half my results were about Michelle DUGGAR! ~ It was makin me mad:banghead:

I had read she found out several weeks later at a regular doctors appt and I had read it happened in 2005, then with JY's mom explaining about a parade JY was avoiding the day that the accident happened was actually 2 days earlier...

well I thought I wuz in the T W I L I G H T zone!

OH~ and about the shoes! lol
I was not seeing the problem BUT!!! I danced in toe shoes
for 5 years! I know foot pain well. I know what it feels like
to cram your foot in a wooden box and leap!
Good thing I'm not on the jury!

I was in toe shoes as well, gngr -- and even though they "fit," they hurt!! But you do it -- talk about scrunched-up toes -- straighten them out -- get over it!! And no pedicures allowed...

The toe end of the shoe that your toes are in is called a "box"! Gel pads help a little for a while -- you can put a few down feathers or lamb's wool in between -- but you dance anyway. And your feet are knarled, bruised, and they stay mad at you however long you do en pointe. And for me, heyell was a new pair of pointe shoes! And calluses are a dancer's best friend -- I can spot an en pointe foot from 5 feet away, can't you, gngr?

Wait a sec. Didn't MF say she thought it was a vase or something like that but she wasn't quite sure.

IMO.

MF most definitely said she wasn't sure just that she knew something big was missing from the table.

I recall Linda Fisher's testimony, something to the effect of 'her michelle not being the same girl she had been.' 'Happy, fun-loving, jovial, love of life.' That 'this michelle was laying with her head in her mom's lap, looking broken.' Each of our daughters dated one JERK before getting married. I remember one in particular, that was similar to this previous description by Linda. I remember talking to my daughter on the phone, when she was living with her JERK. I don't recall how it came up, but I remember daughter crying to me over the phone 'you just don't want me to be happy' when I was probably pointing out and attempting to encourage her to take stock of where her life was at that moment. I remember saying 'honey, if you are so *happy* why do you always look so sad?' "Why are you crying all the time?" "If he's such a 'good guy' why do you always appear so miserable?" It was shortly after that discussion she moved out of their apartment. She told me at a later point in time, those were the words that woke her up, for lack of a better term. It was that conversation between us that made her stop and think about what I said, about her unhappiness. I think had michelle had a bit more time, a few more therapy sessions, she would have been able to think clearly enough to see that 'she wasn't the problem, he was. JMO

Shelly Schaad was Michelle's roommate for years, and said Michelle had a very sad side to her........:(

Is this a serious question?

Yes, quite serious I just wanted to know because I think you wanting a shoe demonstration is comparable to the glove demonstration in the OJ trial. So I was just really curious if that swayed you to believe OJ was innocent.

Shelly Schaad was Michelle's roommate for years, and said Michelle had a very sad side to her........:(

She also said that the weeks leading up to the murder that MY had completely withdrawn and she was not at all responding to any efforts by SS to draw out of her what was going on with her.

That, to me, sounds like something beyond anything SS had experienced with MY in the past.

ETA: let's also not forget that for a very long period of time that SS and MY were friends, MY was dating JY and then married to him. SS's observation of MY having a sad side to her could have stemmed all along from her relationship with JY. It is clear to me from the testimony that his infidelities and verbal abuse of her went back long before they were married. Their own friends thought they were headed towards breaking up, not getting married.

IMO

This is why I fear we could have another hung jury. All it takes is one of you or one of me and we can not have a verdict.

I know and I so do not want it hung. I believe this was probably the reason the first trial was Hung. And, I am afraid it may be another Hung Jury this time. Perhaps they might reach a compromise of G second degree even though it does not fit that category by definition. I think that is why JS put it in. He doesn't want a Hung Jury again either. I bet there probably is one of both of us sitting on that jury. LOL

Even Gen can be explained though, as she also said this time around and before Josh Dalton testified that Josh did not believe her.

Gen cried and begged for her ring back, and continued to date Jason for at least another year if not more.

That does not mean Jason did not hurt her, only that they got past it, and we never heard from anyone in either trial that Jason ever hurt anyone, physically.

Could you post a link to Gen saying she thought Josh did not believe her. I really have no recollection of that. I certainly felt Josh did believe her. He testified to how upset she was when she came to the door.

Could you post a link to Gen saying she thought Josh did not believe her. I really have no recollection of that. I certainly felt Josh did believe her. He testified to how upset she was when she came to the door.

IIRC her testimony wasn't that Josh didn't believe it happened. I believe her testimony was that Josh didn't believe it was as violent and threatening towards Gen as Gen believed it to be. Josh didn't say he didn't believe it didn't happen and certainly testified that she was very upset.

I felt from watching her testimony that she felt Josh thought she was over reacting when describing what JY had done to her.

IMO

It is in the beginning of her testimony from this trial, that Josh did not seem to think it was that bad.
I was shocked to hear her say that, as she did not say it last time.
She mentioned then going in the room to talk to Julie Dalton ..

I do not know where they are. If the pic was better and they were HP, then I am fine with the assumption that he was at the scene. And he moves to the Guilty side. I just have trouble assuming they were HP Orbitals. LOMom, they may well be. To be honest, it frustrates me. I surely wish those images were better.

The hush puppy witness who said they shoes in the pic are "consistent with" hush puppy orbitals was in CYA mode. He wasn't going to use more direct language because he couldn't be sure they were indeed hush puppy orbitals or the HPs in question.

What shoes did JY say he was wearing? Was he asked that when he testified?

The hush puppy witness who said they shoes in the pic are "consistent with" hush puppy orbitals was in CYA mode. He wasn't going to use more direct language because he couldn't be sure they were indeed hush puppy orbitals or the HPs in question.

What shoes did JY say he was wearing? Was he asked that when he testified?

Isn't "consistent with" language that is customarily used by expert witnesses as nothing is ever 100%?

IMO

I know and I so do not want it hung. I believe this was probably the reason the first trial was Hung. And, I am afraid it may be another Hung Jury this time. Perhaps they might reach a compromise of G second degree even though it does not fit that category by definition. I think that is why JS put it in. He doesn't want a Hung Jury again either. I bet there probably is one of both of us sitting on that jury. LOL

Cody, don't think of the shoes JLY was last seen wearing as HP's. Just think of them as *round-toed shoes*. They were on his feet along with the dark colored shirt with the white stripe on his body. Both of those items were missing from his luggage when he returned to Fuquay. Everyone involved in the case, JLY's mother, step father, sister, all testified NOTHING was removed from his vehicle. Meredith, Pat, Linda, all testified those shoes were NOT on his feet when he arrived in Fuquay. The police did not find them in his vehicle, just like they didn't find the dark shirt with the light stripe. Shoes & shirt he was last seen wearing are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine