50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud:

For some reason, I keep thinking he was possibly born in Indianapolis area and later moved to the NW Indiana area. Why else would he have a specific memory regarding Michael Jackson and being exactly 10 years to the day older than him? Mr Kyle seems a little too old to have been into the Jackson 5 during their prime years.... and his memory, ( also recently updated at Wiki ) of the house on the rock, in Spring Green Wisconsin, is not far from Madison, and the Wisconsin Dells area- which had the Tommy Bartlett Water show back in the day. I can't see someone from the Indianapolis area 'vacationing' near Madison WI. Just so far of a drive. I see that trip much easier from the NW area of IN or NE IL.
-----------------------------------------------------------

If BK born in 1948, then he would have been 21 yrs old, when Michael Jackson was 11 and just starting to be a success.

I just emailed a friend. He was born in Indiana and is around the same age. Asking him what the first 3 digits of his ssn are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People Benjaman Kyle's age did not apply for their ssn until they were ready to go to work. For most of us, that was around age 16.
I did at age 16 with my best friend. Our ssn's are one ending digit apart, as the local ssn office just typed them out right then and there.

If Benjaman K was born in 1948, he was 16 in 1964.

Thank you. While mine was ordered at birth, I spoke to my moms SO. He first applied for his at about 16 while working as a farm hand, and the farmers had to pay for the labor. If Mr. Kyle first applied for his SSN at or about 16- it would likely fall in the range of 325-44, in IL in 1965/1966, or 335-44 or 345-44 in 1966. Otherwise the 305-44 and 315-44 were issued in 58-61. Why would a 10-13 yr old need an SS number?

I'm going to look for Powells in the area's of IL/IN 'border' or far south burbs where burger chefs were located about that time.

Going to check the counties besides Will- which might be along that area, and the catholic diocese in that area. I know the diocese of Joliet Covers Will, but I am unsure what covers the southern portions of Cook County which are not in Chicago.

If anyone can find a map of Catholic diocese for NE IL and NW Indiana that would be a great help!

With an estimated birth year of 1948, it is very likely Mr. Kyles parents would have been born by 1930- making them both 18 at the time of his birth in 1948. Is it possible to look up Powells in Marion County for the census year 1930? I do not have access to the census, but could ask someone here who is on another forum if she could get the info for us if no one else is able.
Yes, I will get it. It is also possible his brothers and/or sisters are older, and he is the baby of the family...
Will find all that fits this scenario.

Thank you. While mine was ordered at birth, I spoke to my moms SO. He first applied for his at about 16 while working as a farm hand, and the farmers had to pay for the labor. If Mr. Kyle first applied for his SSN at or about 16- it would likely fall in the range of 325-44, in IL in 1965/1966, or 335-44 or 345-44 in 1966. Otherwise the 305-44 and 315-44 were issued in 58-61. Why would a 10-13 yr old need an SS number?

I'm going to look for Powells in the area's of IL/IN 'border' or far south burbs where burger chefs were located about that time.

Going to check the counties besides Will- which might be along that area, and the catholic diocese in that area. I know the diocese of Joliet Covers Will, but I am unsure what covers the southern portions of Cook County which are not in Chicago.

If anyone can find a map of Catholic diocese for NE IL and NW Indiana that would be a great help!
I might still have this information, hang in there.

Herman Powell, obituary:

RICHMOND, Ind. -- Herman Powell, age 68, of Richmond, died Sunday, April 6, 2008, at his residence with his family and friends at his side.

He was born Aug. 30, 1939, in Rock Castle County, Ky., to Matt and America "Merkie" Owens Powell and had resided in Richmond since 1959.

Herman worked for the Richmond Casket Co. over 10 years and retired as a boiler repairman at the Richmond State Hospital after 20 years.

He was an active member of Full Gospel Chapel where he served as trustee. Herman enjoyed his church, raising, caring for and training horses and spending time with family.

Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Kathleen Scott Powell; son, Michael H. Powell of Richmond; granddaughter, Becky Powell of Richmond; brothers, Matt (Ruby) Powell Jr. and Ray (Barbara) Powell, both of Mount Vernon, Ky.; sisters, Ethel (Bill) Day of Liberty, Ind., Mildred (Roscoe) Himes of Orlando, Ky.; six nieces, Linda Neal, Kim Sexton, Mona Powell, Carla Gully, Carolyn Holt and Sandra Himes; five nephews, Melvin Powell, Zandel Powell, Ricky Day, Roy Lee Day and Alvin Day; special brother-in-law, David (Erma) Scott of Cincinnati, Ohio; and a host of friends.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Funeral service for Herman Powell will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, 2008, at Doan & Mills Funeral Home, 790 National Road W., Richmond, with Pastor Darrel J. Hurst officiating. Friends may call from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 10, in Corinth Cemetery, Orlando, Ky.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Full Gospel Chapel, 915 Mendleson Drive, Richmond, IN 47374, or the American Cancer Society, Wayne County Unit, P.O. Box 689, Columbus, IN 47202.

Condolences may be sent to the family via the guest book at www.doanmillsfuneralhome.com

040808-29660596-300

no obit for Ronald on ancestry.

Originally published April 8, 2008

Herman is the son of Matt Franklin Powell
Matt is the son of William Powell
William is the son of Berry Henderson Powell
Berry is the son of John Powell
John Powell is the son of Lovely Abraham Powell, who is possible brother of Joseph Powell/Jane Massey

Okay, don't get to excited, because this needs to be confirmed. I am only on Berry Henderson's family now. I do have William as a child of Berry, but no marriage listed.(the above info came from an Ancestry file, which is not sourced)

and this is the same Joseph Powell from the DNA info? That Massey name sounds familiar. Great Job Carolwood!

and this is the same Joseph Powell from the DNA info? That Massey name sounds familiar. Great Job Carolwood!
Yes, same one.
With that being said, I have found a file with Berry Henderson Powell as a son of John Henderson Powell from Virginia. I will try to find if John Henderson Powell went to KY. Most files say he is the son of John Powell, son of Lovely Abraham Powell.

From Hermans obit:
"He was an active member of Full Gospel Chapel where he served as trustee. Herman enjoyed his church, raising, caring for and training horses and spending time with family"

Mr Kyle answered that he doesn't think he has ever been on a horse, and he remembers being Catholic. I'd put this one off to the side...... based on the info in the obit. (JMO, and I appreciate the research.) I think I would look at church names,- all the Catholic churches I know of are either named after a Saint or the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I think I would look for info on Catholic cemetaries, funeral homes, etc.... something that stands out from the Catholic faith in any obit info, or ancestry info as a starting point. jmo.....

Of course, the Powell surname being of English rather than European decent ( IIRC) throws another spin into this, with my knowledge.

hth.... Of course I could be wrong.....

Cubby

FWIW: There is a possibility that the Powell family does not know him because he was given up at birth...

I did a search for Catholic orphanages in Indiana, and the main orphanage was in Vincennes, Indiana---St. Vincent's Villa. There was also a The Carmelite Home for Boys in Gary, Indiana.

An interesting thing that I researched is BK's memory of the White River "when it was a dumping ground". It appears that it was not "known" that it was a dumping ground for pesticides until the early 1990's, and was considered one of the most threatened rivers in 1997.

I found a Benjamin Powell who was born Aug 29, 1950 and died in March 1975 in Virginia. His social is 231-74-7792 Notice the 3 in the first section and the 4 in the second section?

A partial list of SSDI listings for last residence CO, with social starting 305 etc.

Richard E Cole born Aug 15, 1942 died May 25, 2007 Grand Junction, CO (305-44) Issued in Indiana
Willard A Utz born Aug 17, 1937 died April 1993 Aurora, CO (305-44) Issued in Indiana
WILLIAM J CHILES born March 2, 1944 died March 5, 2001 Watkins, CO Issued in Indiana
JAMES R GRAHAM Born August 31, 1943 died Dec 5, 2004 Durango, CO Issued in Indiana
JAMES J CWIAK Born Feb 24, 1951 died June 2, 2003 Colorado Springs, CO Issued in Illinois
GERALD R NEIGHBOURS Born Mar 2, 1948 died June 22, 1993 Denver, CO Issued in Illinois
Dennis Reed Born Dec 18, 1950 died May 1, 2005 Denver, CO Issued Illinois
GEORGE S SEVERINI Born Feb 20, 1952 died Mar 4, 1991 Denver, CO Issued Illinois

A partial list of SSDI listings for last residence CO, with social starting 305 etc.

Richard E Cole born Aug 15, 1942 died May 25, 2007 Grand Junction, CO (305-44) Issued in Indiana
Willard A Utz born Aug 17, 1937 died April 1993 Aurora, CO (305-44) Issued in Indiana
WILLIAM J CHILES born March 2, 1944 died March 5, 2001 Watkins, CO Issued in Indiana
JAMES R GRAHAM Born August 31, 1943 died Dec 5, 2004 Durango, CO Issued in Indiana
JAMES J CWIAK Born Feb 24, 1951 died June 2, 2003 Colorado Springs, CO Issued in Illinois
GERALD R NEIGHBOURS Born Mar 2, 1948 died June 22, 1993 Denver, CO Issued in Illinois
Dennis Reed Born Dec 18, 1950 died May 1, 2005 Denver, CO Issued Illinois
GEORGE S SEVERINI Born Feb 20, 1952 died Mar 4, 1991 Denver, CO Issued Illinois

My bold/italics JS. This one would interest me because of the DOB-can anyone find an OBIT for him. He has a verified DOD according to SSDI-I wonder how those who are declared dead might be listed???

An interesting thing that I researched is BK's memory of the White River "when it was a dumping ground". It appears that it was not "known" that it was a dumping ground for pesticides until the early 1990's, and was considered one of the most threatened rivers in 1997.

That may have been the first time that something about pesticides came out, but Indianapolis residents considered the White River a filthy place long before the early 1990s. There was always a lot of trash dumped into it in the downtown Indy area.

My bold/italics JS. This one would interest me because of the DOB-can anyone find an OBIT for him. He has a verified DOD according to SSDI-I wonder how those who are declared dead might be listed???

Here's a partial on the obit:

James Richard 'Jim' Graham
James Richard "Jim" Graham died Sunday, Dec. 5, 2004, at his home in Hesperus. He was 61.
Further info: Married in Baltimore and retired US Air Force.

Cubby: Here is a list of the Illinois Catholic Diocese: hopefully this will load for you, they are separate. Check around each website, it should give a mapping of the community.

Catholic Diocese in Illinois:

Chicago: http://www.archdiocese-chgo.org/about_us/statistics.shtm

Chicago: St. Thomas Syro Malabar Church: http://www.thesyromalabarchurch.org/

Belleville: http://www.diobelle.org/

Joliet: http://www.dioceseofjoliet.org/

Peoria: http://www.cdop.org/pages/

Rockford: http://www.rockforddiocese.org/

Springfield: http://www.dio.org/

Before the SSA started issuing SSN's to infants, schools would give out forms to kids to apply for SSN's. Take home forms.

Also, BK would have needed a SSN for any job he held during high school.

And, don't forget, Selective Service registration. He would have been required to sign up at 18 and would have been issued a SSN at that time, if he didn't have one before.

So, he was born on August 29, 1948 and issued SSN 3X5-44-XXXX.

Anyone know how to reach selective service registration? He would have signed up around August 29, 1966.

Good point, Dots. My question would be how did he avoid being drafted back in that time period?

Btw~ There were many Burger Chefs in Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth