GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Roanoke Times (www.roanoke.com/news) the police are trying to get info from Facebook and MySpace, but neither one is being very helpful.

Let's hope today brings good news, with Brittany being found safe... The coverage and amber alerts seem to have at least doubled in the past 24 hours, so hopefully LE is closing in on them... somewhere.

BOLO - everyone...

Does anyone know if the SUV was a stick shift or automatic? I can see her possibly driving if it was an automatic - but at 12 yrs with no training - I can't see her driving a stick. Unless it was already in gear - and that's why she couldn't stop for the stop sign.

Been thinking about the possibility of BS driving the red SUV. Could be that her mom's Neon is a stick shift and the SUV was automatic. Also, that Texas Hollow Rd, I'd probably swerve on it myself. Way back in the 70s, my sister and her husband were in their TR7 sports car and were sideswiped on a curve in that Texas Hollow Rd. Thankfully they were not hurt but the driver kept on going. Cannot imagine a 12-year-old driving a huge SUV and being able to keep it straight.

Just catching up on last nights postings. Could not quote from the last thread as it is closed, but had to make this comment about the question if hunters stay our or do they come home each day. Well my ex used to stay for a whole week, but I now am pretty sure he was hunting for "two-legged dear" and probably not roughing it in a tent out in the woods. LOL.

OT Is it just me?? This case has kept me up literally all night. Didn't sleep too well last night either. Tried to go to sleep from 3:30 on, but it never happened. I just feel something really huge is about to happen at any moment...

Any Amber alerts currently out there?

Let's hope today brings good news, with Brittany being found safe... The coverage and amber alerts seem to have at least doubled in the past 24 hours, so hopefully LE is closing in on them... somewhere.

BOLO - everyone...

Good morning everyone!

I hope so too belimom!

My dear bf is traveling from Wilmington to Raleigh today on business. I asked hime to BOLO for the silver neon and to please notice the Amber Alert signs for an alert on Brittany. He'll be traveling I-40 which passes the exit one would take to travel to Ayden. (which takes another hour + on back roads to get to Ayden.)

They are out there somewhere. Perhaps laying low by camping. But I'll tell ya, it has been mighty cold in NC SC GA and FL lately. There was snow in south GA overnight. The elements would be really uncomfortable for camping with these frigid temps.

I am afraid they may already be in FL if they hit the road after the Wal Mart trip on Friday. Just a thought, could they be hiding the car and sleeping during the day and traveling/moving about in the dark of night? hmm...

Just my thoughts and opinions this am.

wm

OT Is it just me?? This case has kept me up literally all night. Didn't sleep too well last night either. Tried to go to sleep from 3:30 on, but it never happened. I just feel something really huge is about to happen at any moment...

Any Amber alerts currently out there?

I did the same thing. I'm about a minute from where it happened and I was up until almost 4am, then had to be up at 6am to send one of my kids off to school. I should be tired right now, but I'm wide-awake and once again, here I am. LOL. I keep checking the news and online to see if any major developments have happened. I'm impressed on how it's caught on almost overnight in other states, but I wish this could have happened sooner than later, but overall, I'm glad everyone is becoming aware. Hopefully someone will remember seeing something or know a location that might give us clues on where they could be. I was letting one of my dogs outside last night and it was so cold. I was bundled up and still freezing. I really hope he doesn't have her out in the woods in this weather.

Somewhere in all of the news that has been reported, it was mentioned that JE was seen in the Southeast section of Roanoke. If anyone is familiar with the Roanoke Valley, they would know he would probably have to have a real reason for being in that part of the city, as it is not really that close to BS's and TS's home. This makes me think someone knows more about why he was there; i.e., he probably was in direct contact with someone in Roanoke City that is not coming forward.

Also, their home is pretty close to I-81 and they could have very easily jumped on there, then went onto 581 South/Rt 220 and this takes them right through Franklin County (I think this is where his mom lives and he probably has a lot of friends/connections there). As far as no one seeing them on the interstate, think about it. I hop on and off of the interstate at least 2 or 3 times a week to go to the mall, visit relatives, etc. to bypass Roanoke business, and I could never recall any one vehicle I saw on any given day. Now maybe I would remember if they passed me say on down after they reached Rt 220 where that is a 4-lane highway, I might recall them, but seriously doubt it. JMO

Wide wake sans coffee too! How bad is that? lol

So glad to hear the news is spreading out to surrounding states. But me, being a HLN freak, I can't imagine how anyone could've not heard about this.

One thing that has been eating at me after thinking about what could have happened Friday ( which is the day I believe the murder/abduction took place ) was is there a possibility that BS did flee and JSE caught her, which could explain why they both had no coats on in the Walmart surveillance photo ? I know if I was trying to run away, grabbing a coat would be the last thing on my mind. Even so, it seems unlikely that the BOTH of them would be out and about with no coat, hat, scarf, etc. Maybe they were in such a rush to leave the scene, they didn't prepare themselves ? The only other thing I could think of was maybe he knew they would be seen on Walmart cam footage ; so they left their coats ( which would be something they would be wearing in this weather if they were going to be on the go ) in the car ; so people wouldn't know what kind of coat to look out for.

..... Just some thoughts.

Ya I've been lying wide awake nights too! I wondered when some of you folks sleep after reading your posts overnight thread. lol.

I'm so worried about Brittany. I believe Easley is a desperate person who is on the run and will commit more crimes along the way. At some point he will need money for survival or will steal a different car, especially if he sees the AA signs! MOO

wm

Saw this on computer this morning when I got to work. That's right across town from us. Definietely keeping my eyes peeled. FYI Mandarin is a section of Jacksonvile FL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40581256/ns/local_news-jacksonville_fl/

Tip: Missing Va. Girl Seen In Mandarin
Police Investigate Sighting Of 12-Year-Old Brittany Smith At San Jose Walmart

False Sighting (updated post on next page)

If only 1 driver and on adreneline rush, how far away could JE drive from Fri night til
today??? I'm bad on mileage and speed and time. I know that my hubby and I both driving with few pit stops made it from PA to Fla in 20 hours straight just 1 time.
Could they be in ARZ, TX,CALF by now??? where it is allot warmer than in the east???

The big thing that bothers me is the silver neon is not seen any where, do they have another car? I heard about a red SUV mentioned on here also at the beginning.
By now state troopers and truckers would BOLO for them on all interstates.

Saw this on computer this morning when I got to work. That's right across town from us. Definietely keeping my eyes peeled. FYI Mandarin is a section of Jacksonvile FL

Interesting! Because Jacksonville is a straight shot from Lake City on I-10... (if there is any credibility to the CNN.com comment)

This is great news that folks in FL are keeping their eyes peeled! Hopefully, this is a credible sighting. Please keep us posted!

Thanks Tiki!

wm

If LE is closing in on JE, or if he even thinks they may be, then he may become irrational. Combined with having a disgruntled CHILD in tow, I'm afraid of what stupid thing he may do. :(

Here's a post I made at the end of the previous thread - thought I'd bring it forward:

I'm thinking that about now, Brittany - being a 12-yr-old - is not as much fun as she was back at home. She's cold, hungry, tired, maybe upset about her mom. Probably crying, whining, complaining - and maybe inconsolable at times. And JE is probably cold, hungry, tired -- and probably losing patience with an upset 12-yr-old CHILD. I'm sure tempers are running short between the two of them... I just hope Brittany is able to escape, or LE finds them ASAP.

If only 1 driver and on adreneline rush, how far away could JE drive from Fri night til
today??? I'm bad on mileage and speed and time. I know that my hubby and I both driving with few pit stops made it from PA to Fla in 20 hours straight just 1 time.
Could they be in ARZ, TX,CALF by now??? where it is allot warmer than in the east???

The big thing that bothers me is the silver neon is not seen any where, do they have another car? I heard about a red SUV mentioned on here also at the beginning.
By now state troopers and truckers would BOLO for them on all interstates.

I'm from California and when we moved here to Virginia, we took a couple of trips across the country and with a few stops, we always made it to and from in about 3 days.

Oh wow ! This is interesting. Thanks Tiko !

I sure hope that someone really did see her and just isn't throwing the cops on a wild goose chase. There is a chance that maybe he sent BS in alone to avoid being seen with him, but at the same time, that might be unlikely because I don't know if he would let her out of his sight, unless he knows that she is super scared and will do everything he says to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100