Found Deceased CA - Katie Wilkins, 25, dies of heroin OD, Los Angeles County, 28 April 2012

This is so strange. Most of my questions have already been posted..but how bizarre.

She could have been doing well, but then had a drug habit relapse.

I am wondering as well if the buttons on the washer and dryer were checked for fingerprints. Also there is wrinkle settings on the dryer so every so often the dryer comes on for a minute or so. Maybe it was misconstrued as on...and it was on wrinkle guard. Another thing is that food was being prepared and coffee beans in the coffee grinder. So it may indicate that she was making breakfast...but obvious it could have been later. Would be interested in learning her coffee consumption. I would only have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, not at any other time of day.

Also, wouldn't it be a VERY BIG coincidence that she died of natural causes AND her car was stolen?

So, if this is not considered a murder, it's just case closed? That means the Police won't be checking her computer, etc etc?

Also, if she was strangled or suffocated etc (no outward signs of death) would that have shown up on the autopsy right away?

I think they are still checking things out. But I have not even seen anything on the local news today, so they must not think there is a killer running loose.

Local ABC news (Channel 7) just mentioned it....saying there was no foul play.

So, if this is not considered a murder, it's just case closed? That means the Police won't be checking her computer, etc etc?

Also, if she was strangled or suffocated etc (no outward signs of death) would that have shown up on the autopsy right away?

I believe there are physical signs of suffocation and strangulation...tissue damage....I also think something happens to the blood vessels in the eyes...gosh this is gross....

It just concerns me that they didn't find a natural cause and are so quick to say no foul play. They can do a quick toxicology, so maybe they did that and something showed up. I hope they don't drop the ball on this. Rebecca Zahau comes to mind. The LE closed that case pretty quickly when there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that she was murdered. I know this situation isn't the same...but it is very odd.

She could have had her dealer with her. She ODs and he/she freaks out because their only way out of Malibu is her car. I have had friends be clean for over a year, they have run marathons and won weight-lifting contests... I don't understand but when they relapsed it killed them.

Maybe one of the nurses on here could explain why when the drug addict relapses they OD easier.

She could have had her dealer with her. She ODs and he/she freaks out because their only way out of Malibu is her car. I have had friends be clean for over a year, they have run marathons and won weight-lifting contests... I don't understand but when they relapsed it killed them.

Maybe one of the nurses on here could explain why when the drug addict relapses they OD easier.

Those are some really good points. First of all, very true that her parents home is hidden away in the mountains of East Malibu, on windy little roads. You would need a car to get away without being noticed.

And she was supposedly getting ready for a small party being held at the home. So it would make sense that her dealer might be making an early stop there. Or maybe, just an old friend from back home, one that she used to party with. And maybe, like you mentioned, she was not used to doing drugs anymore. A body can go into cardiac arrest if not used to getting as high as before. It would make sense that the person who provided the high would need to disappear.

We had a tragic death of a high school kid in Agoura Hills, right next door to Malibu, months ago. And the kids friends who were 'partying' with him noticed he was really drunk and was sick, but they took him home to bed, and left him, to be found dead the next morning. It was heartbreaking.

But LE found everyone involved by going through his text messages. A couple of kids were charged with dealing heroin and coke and pot by looking at the cell records.

Strange case. If she died of an overdose, wouldn't that be quite noticeable by the medical examiner? Fresh needle mark, residue in the nose or mouth? Stomach contents, blood, condition of the heart or lungs? Maybe the ME knows, and has told LE and the parents what they suspect, but have to wait on the toxicology report?

Anyone know what the father's occupation is? TIA

No personal experience, but I've heard the reason for ODing in people who had quit previously is the amount of the drug they use. Apparently they build up a resistance and then when they partake again they use the same dosage they had been use to....and the body can't take it. ??

My kids are the same age and we live in the same area. Word on the street according to my son is that she OD'd. :rose:

So many young people in this affluent area have these same problems. It is really sad.

I am an RN, and this is what I remember learning about addicts being clean, then relapsing and dying via OD. An addict builds up a tolerance for the amount of drugs he/she uses. This is especially true with heroin, although also true with other drugs. Then, while clean and not using, that tolerance for the higher dose is no longer there. So when the addict uses after a long time being clean, especially using the amount tolerated before rehab, he/she is more likely to have an OD because that tolerance was no longer in their body. Sometimes also people will OD because of impurities in the drug. There is no quality control in the manufacture of street drugs. So sad that someone so young with a seemingly bright future is gone so soon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/katie-wilkins-death-malibu_n_1464845.html Update comments from Katies Brother bottom of the page. RIP Katie.
If those comments are from Katie's brother and are true, then per his looking at her cell phone, he identified a person who Katie apparently had plans with the nite before. She was spotted picking up said person at McDonald's; and the two left together.

Said person lawyered up without providing any info about Katie or her car....and entered a rehab facility shortly afterwards.

Rest In Peace, Katie. :rose:

Assuming the Huff Post comments are true, including the Liz_Cat ones, it is easy to see why the whole thing has become a closely guarded secret by the 'authorities'.

If those comments are from Katie's brother and are true, then per his looking at her cell phone, he identified a person who Katie apparently had plans with the nite before. She was spotted picking up said person at McDonald's; and the two left together.

Said person lawyered up without providing any info about Katie or her car....and entered a rehab facility shortly afterwards.

Rest In Peace, Katie. :rose:

If she did OD, and assuming the comments are true, the individual named in the comments could have been her dealer/friend... Her car probably ended up in a chop shop and they will be lucky to find any remains of it.

If Dominick Dunne wasn't dead this would most probably end up on the show he did... "Power, Privilege, and Justice."

If she did OD, and assuming the comments are true, the individual named in the comments could have been her dealer/friend... Her car probably ended up in a chop shop and they will be lucky to find any remains of it.

If Dominick Dunne wasn't dead this would most probably end up on the show he did... "Power, Privilege, and Justice."

BBM

I LOVED him and still watch reruns of his show.

Good for him. I hope he keeps making noise and gets to the bottom of this.

The matter of fact approach means i'm looking for answers and honest takes and help/support. When I was in the early moments horror (first 12 hours) I heard sounds come out of me I hope I never do again.

A few folks noted my fathers matter of fact demeanor to speaking about Katie on TV. Yes, I can see how that may come across oddly devoid of expected emotion and I have heard this from other folks as well. The TV interviews are a small and distant look into what our family has gone through since Katie's death. Public vs private response to this is important to consider when gauging demeanor.

I'm Steve Wilkins, Katie's brother. I found Katie dead in my parent’s garage during the afternoon/evening of April 28th. She died sometime between the late evening hours of April 27th and the morning hours of April 28th.

At this time I believe Katie died of a heroin overdose, the investigation revealed strong indications of this. Included in the toxicology report is testing for date rape drug, specifically rohypnol. I believe the heroin or heroin/rup was administered by another person. The investigation revealed strong indications that the injection was not self administered.

Somone was there at the home with her before she died; her car keys are missing from the home, her car is missing from the home, if OD then drug paraphernalia was taken from the home. Investigation revealed the house was clean of drugs/drug paraphernalia. Her car remains missing and no one has come forward with any information about it. No one has come forward about her whereabouts on the evening of April 27th.

After successfully unlocking her cell phone, I looked at Katie’s phone log to check her txt messages for indications of her contacts and plans leading up to her death.

Chris Benton, son of Pepperdine University President Andy Benton, is the last known person to have been with Katie Wilkins before her death. I have text messages showing a planned meeting between Katie Wilkins and Chris Benton on April 27th at 8:30PM. At 8:33PM video surveillance from the Malibu Mc Donald’s restaurant shows Katie, in her 1998 BMW Silver Z3, pulling into the McDonalds parking lot, Chris entering the car as a passenger, and just the two of them driving away. This is her last known whereabouts before she was found dead at our family home on April 28th.

When Chris Benton was contacted for questioning about his involvement with Katie on the night of April the 27th an attorney was hired for him.

I have indication that Chris Benton was entered into a drug treatment facility on April 28th. He has not been questioned; he has not made himself available for questioning.

Here is Chris Benton's Pictures. 1st picture confirmed, 2nd unconfirmed. Ears do not appear to match to me.
ChrisBenton.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back