Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Derstine says Rafferty may have maintained contact to ensure good relations so she would not go to police

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said it was McClintic who initiated contact with Rafferty after the crime

He says they didn't stop contact after April 8th. Rafferty dated many women, at the same time. He clearly had the capacity to lie to women

It "was in his in his interest" to make sure she didn't lie and tell police he had committed a crime.

Thanks will have to listen to it later. I don't have sound at work. Did he actually say Tori was targeted?

He says here and many times before he had questioned it ... I think the first time I heard him suggest it was when VS was still missing. I believe RS knows more then he is allowed to tell us and as a father he wants justice for his daughter. But admitting that the jury does not hold his bias ...

She said he had killed Tori soon after he said he was going to stop visiting.

Derstine suggests McClintic thought Rafferty helped her out, and she didn't want him to go to police on her.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said it was McClintic who initiated contact with Rafferty after the crime

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said that Rafferty and McClintic maintained contact because both feared the other would go to the police

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said that Rafferty and McClintic maintained contact because both feared the other would go to the police [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said it was McClintic who initiated contact with Rafferty after the crime [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says Rafferty may have maintained contact to ensure good relations so she would not go to police [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine turns to Genest Detention Centre video - admits Rafferty had more contact with McClintic after crime [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggests McClintic cut her hair not because it got gum stuck in it but to change her appearance [via Twitter]

Even if she was targetted it still does not mean that Rafferty didn't ask TLM to get a child for him. All it means is that TLM chose Tori. This does not make Rafferty innocent. MOO.

No but it just brings to the surface the bounty of lies from TLM. JMO

if anyone knows off hand or has a link handy as i don't remember the answers

Originally TLM stated to LE that the hammer, water bottles, her jacket and Tori's items were placed into a garbage bag and thrown into the trunk and disposed of at the car wash

So my question is why would she put it in the bag to only take it out and re-wear it after MR wiped his genitals off on it she said. I assume it would have had blood on it also?

Did we hear or see her jacket, was any DNA of any sorts found on it? ect?

Even if she was targetted it still does not mean that Rafferty didn't ask TLM to get a child for him. All it means is that TLM chose Tori. This does not make Rafferty innocent. MOO.

never say it didn't but it sure makes her a liar...caught out again IMO...

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine suggests #Rafferty kept in touch with McClintic to prevent her from going to police. Suggests McClintic did the same

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
On why #Rafferty said he was searching for Tori: "someone (in Woodstock) not looking for Tori would have stood out like a sore thumb"

====

Wait...doesn't this statement make his client look guilty then? He didn't search for Tori. He only said he did so he wouldn't have stood out like a sore thumb!

nor has he told where the murder weapon is or anything else that got tossed. Not very helpful to LE for someone who says he didn't do anything. MOO RS would have liked more info about what happened that day. Not very helpful there either. MOO

Rafferty's back seat will be the last point he brings up.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I wonder if the jury feels the same. He just spent at least 4 hours saying nothing. JMO

RaffertyLFP: Derstine turns to the missing back seat of Rafferty's car. He notes Rafferty's neighbors tesitified that he took the seat out in late March

Derstine says the crown will say Tori was raped in the back seat. McClintic was asked to cut chunks out, she testified.

Derstine notes a neighbor of Rafferty's said he saw the seat out if the car in March, before Tori went missing.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said there was no evidence there was a back seat in the car on April 8

The fact that he sleeps around makes him sexually deviant which makes it believable that he could want to rape a child. MOO.

Being a 28 year old man with an ative sex life does not make him a pedophile rapist ... If I understand it correctly it is the opposite ...

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said that Rafferty and McClintic maintained contact because both feared the other would go to the police [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said it was McClintic who initiated contact with Rafferty after the crime [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says Rafferty may have maintained contact to ensure good relations so she would not go to police [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine turns to Genest Detention Centre video - admits Rafferty had more contact with McClintic after crime [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggests McClintic cut her hair not because it got gum stuck in it but to change her appearance [via Twitter]

When Derstine says that Rafferty was horrified to see what McClintic had done to Tori, why didn't he call the police or ambulance or some kind of help instead of helping to hide the crime.MOO.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I wonder if the jury feels the same. He just spent at least 4 hours saying nothing. JMO

yep just what I thought..blah blah blah. MOO

He says here and many times before he had questioned it ... I think the first time I heard him suggest it was when VS was still missing. I believe RS knows more then he is allowed to tell us and as a father he wants justice for his daughter. But admitting that the jury does not hold his bias ...

And do you remember when there was a "dispute" between Rod and Tara and James after one of their press releases on her lawn? Was that relating to Rod's suggesting Tori was targeted? JMO/IMO/MOO

Thanks will have to listen to it later. I don't have sound at work. Did he actually say Tori was targeted?

I think he feels that TM knew TLM and that way there was the connection as Derstine has mentioned however he said he doesnt know but its a possibility. When your not getting the facts from all directions who are you supposed to believe right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson