GUILTY OH - Tiffany Brown, 26, Bellefontaine, 11 Feb 2011

I wonder what the contents "illiterate" text were? In the video I watched, her father said "she would never leave them kids. Because it's all about her and them boys". So...I wonder what "illiterate" means to them. I don't mean this in a snarky way, but I was watching that video RIGHT before I read the comment about the text not being from her because she's not illiterate.

What could possibly be the reason for texting the ex anyway?? They would have to KNOW that he was the ex, first of all. Second, it isn't likely that the ex was her last contact since her mother said that she txted her daughter several times that night....so, if they were just randomly texting someone or 'butt texting' or something, it would most likely be to the last person she contacted. I just can't see any reason for the call to the ex unless this was:
1. the ex setting up an alibi
2. someone who is harming Tiffany to get back at the ex.
3. Tiffany trying to make contact with someone (though 911 would have obviously been the better number to dial).
Other ideas??

I agree...I want to know what was said in the text. Curioushousewife, interestingly, the ex isn't the best speller in the world.....and he doesn't have a job according to his FB page. Hope he has a great alibi. MOO.

Also, she just recently got her income check. Could someone had known this?

Also, ten blocks in Bellefontaine is not as far as what one would think. This is small town, not Detroit.

Kenton would be a usual place of travel for someone who lives in Bellefontaine.

Did the ex alert police that he recieved the text from her....or did her parents find this out from LE?? I'm wondering how involved in the search the ex is. Does anyone know what Colonial Arms Apts reputation is like? TIA.

I'm from this area, and the worst parts of Bellefontaine are not nearly as bad as some "bad parts" of town in some areas. There's not an area in Bellefontaine that would scare me.

Sure, there are always areas in a town that people consider "unsafe", but crime in bellefontaine is not like crime in big cities.

To add: A person can exit from Route 33 (which is heavily traveled) on two separate exits that immediately take you into Bellefontaine. Someone could easily jump off the road, and quickly back on.

Welcome Whatever1, it helps so much to have a local here.

I wonder what the contents "illiterate" text were? In the video I watched, her father said "she would never leave them kids. Because it's all about her and them boys". So...I wonder what "illiterate" means to them. I don't mean this in a snarky way, but I was watching that video RIGHT before I read the comment about the text not being from her because she's not illiterate.

I was thinking that the father didn't really mean illiterate at all, but was trying to say the text was gibberish or just a bunch of nonsensical letters or symbols or screen junk.

ON truths map...you can see Route 47...if you say on that for about 2 or three more miles you hit 33, also you can make a left off of 47, wind around and in 3 or 4 miles hit another exit to 33.

The jibberish text...I think most people know the texting style of their friends and loved ones...I took it that the text didn't read in a way that she would normally text.

P.S. Sorry for all the posts.

The jibberish text...I think most people know the texting style of their friends and loved ones...I took it that the text didn't read in a way that she would normally text.

Please keep them coming. Your local insight is invaluable! :)

Please keep them coming. Your local insight is invaluable! :)

THank you! "Things like this" just don't happen around here...too weird..I'm going to make dinner, watch the local news, and I will be back later with what they have to say.

From Colonial Arms to Rte 33:

ScreenHunter_03Feb141718.jpg

What could possibly be the reason for texting the ex anyway?? They would have to KNOW that he was the ex, first of all. Second, it isn't likely that the ex was her last contact since her mother said that she txted her daughter several times that night....so, if they were just randomly texting someone or 'butt texting' or something, it would most likely be to the last person she contacted. I just can't see any reason for the call to the ex unless this was:
1. the ex setting up an alibi
2. someone who is harming Tiffany to get back at the ex.
3. Tiffany trying to make contact with someone (though 911 would have obviously been the better number to dial).
Other ideas??

I agree...I want to know what was said in the text. Curioushousewife, interestingly, the ex isn't the best speller in the world.....and he doesn't have a job according to his FB page. Hope he has a great alibi. MOO.

Unless this was a stranger and Tiffany said her husband was expecting her or something to try to get the person to let her go. The person may have sent the text to throw the husband (ex) off.

Wasn't the theorized what happened in the other Ohio case in reference to the odd "I fed the dog text" That she may have said my husband will be home any minute to feed the dog.

IIRC, there were similar phone text incidents in the Donna Jou and Channon Christian cases.

We welcome posts and keep posting. And welcome to WS!

http://www.examiner.org/

Tiffany Brown's disappearance will be a focus of America's Missing with Nancy Grace at 8 p.m. tonight on CNN Headline News, Ch. 31 on Cobridge Cable. The host talks live with the Bellefontaine Examiner's Joel Mast between 8:30 and 9 p.m.

My take on the texting aspect is that normally she would text out "you" "be" "too/to," etc. Some people who text use, "u" "b" "2," respectively..and perhaps other acronyms that she normally would never use. It could also be grammatical, "Where u b?" Instead of "Where are you?"

I agree with the other posters that it is a style issue (at least when texting) that led the parents to think it was someone else doing the texting in an "illiterate" way.

I do not know her personally, though we live in the same town and have mutual friends. Haven't read all the posts, so not sure what every one knows.

When they found her car, her keys were still in it. They are processing her car as i type.

As far as the text/call to her ex, it could have been her way of letting someone know she was still alive, and giving police a chance to track her cell

All n all, this case is baffling everyone. Her car was found in bellefontaine, yet her cell was traced to about 3 miles north of kenton.

Please everyone, keep Tiffany in your prayers! We are all hoping to bring her home safely to her babies and friends and family, and ots not looking so great right now, police arent coming up with any leads or anything

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back