TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, maybe Matt doesn't know what happened, Gail had an accident and hasn't been found yet. I've known several people (both male and female) who immediately start with the "my ex was a psycho" routine the second they break up, and maybe that's what Matt is doing and it doesn't mean anything more than he's upset his marriage was breaking up.

However, if she had an accident, my own personal problem with that scenario is that the vehicle hasn't been found yet. Also, it would be a remarkable coincidence that a woman as frightened as she was would disappear without a trace due to accident. Remember that there had been 3 911 calls because of domestic issues, she was telling friends and relatives she was frightened and she might be followed, she had receipts she thought were proof Matt was cheating, and she was giving papers and her passport and cash to friends to hold for her.

Changing her PINs and collecting evidence for the upcoming divorce doesn't speak to someone who is thinking of harming themselves, in my opinion. Those are the actions of someone who is planning for the future.

(I hope it's okay to repeat myself, because this is essentially the same thing I said a few days ago.)

The missing Jeep is troublesome to figure out under any scenario. The best scenario to explain is that is was involved in an accident in a very remote and rugged area or is under water. I think, in either case, she is with the Jeep.

I know people that have been exposed to that as well.

One never knows when and to whom an abusive person will strike out toward. It does not make sense that she would leave the kids with him if he was an abusive person.

BBM.. In regards to this statement we can agree..So I am inclined to believe Gail missing is not of her own volition...JMHO

Is anyone else concerned with Matt getting a new cell phone number? Changing some of your contact info isn't the best way to get a missing person to contact you..

Does anyone know what day he did this?

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. Her recent actions do give some validity to his assertion that she has had emotional issues.

I think she was a very stressed and confused woman. It seems her life was unraveling. She felt he was having an affair and she was alone. He had a job and she lost hers. Was she concerned that should lose the kids in a divorce?

I hope she will be found safe but I fear otherwise.

I also don't understand why should risk further abuse by calling the police during non physicial confrontations.

So if you wait until the confrontation becomes physical, how much contact would be enough? Do you wait until you're punched again? Do you wait until you have a concussion? Or do you wait until you're left for dead? If you can contact anyone . . .

BBM.. In regards to this statement we can agree..So I am inclined to believe Gail missing is not of her own volition...JMHO
I think that is a reasonable conclusion. It is also possible that he was not abusive and she did take her life.

There is good argument that either occurred.

The sooner she is found, the closer we are to an answer.

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. Her recent actions do give some validity to his assertion that she has had emotional issues.

But even he said she always stayed in contact with the kids. This is really the sticking point for most people. Why would she leave the kids with him? Why would she let them hurt so bad thinking she is hurt, or doesn't love them enough to get them?

We see very different pictures of Gail, not just you and I, but pretty much half this forum see two different Gails.

One half sees a stressed, depressed woman on the verge of losing her family and marriage.

The other half sees an educated,professional, organized woman who was scared of something, and was methodical enough to put pieces of evidence out there for people to put together.

As far as people close to the case, the only person saying she's the first one is Matt...

Is anyone else concerned with Matt getting a new cell phone number? Changing some of your contact info isn't the best way to get a missing person to contact you..

Does anyone know what day he did this?

He may have been receiving unwanted calls on his old number.

I thin if she wanted to contact him, she would have by now. If she still does, and is able, she must have friends she can call. 911 would be a good start.

So if you wait until the confrontation becomes physical, how much contact would be enough? Do you wait until you're punched again? Do you wait until you have a concussion? Or do you wait until you're left for dead? If you can contact anyone . . .

I think the obvious answer is that if you make the call, you report the abuse.

I think that is a reasonable conclusion. It is also possible that he was not abusive and she did take her life.

I really don't understand how giving all these people things to keep safe for her to come back to would benefit her suicide. What is the evidence you are looking at that points you towards suicide?

But even he said she always stayed in contact with the kids. This is really the sticking point for most people. Why would she leave the kids with him? Why would she let them hurt so bad thinking she is hurt, or doesn't love them enough to get them?

We see very different pictures of Gail, not just you and I, but pretty much half this forum see two different Gails.

One half sees a stressed, depressed woman on the verge of losing her family and marriage.

The other half sees an educated,professional, organized woman who was scared of something, and was methodical enough to put pieces of evidence out there for people to put together.

As far as people close to the case, the only person saying she's the first one is Matt...

That is a very good summary.

I think one can be stressed, depressed, educated, professional, organized, and scared. They are not mutually exclusive. Many people have the outside image that does not show what is going on inside. Matt has the best perspective to see what is going on inside her.

I'm a local.. And from what I have gleaned, as of late, I personally believe he was both emotionally and physically abusive. And IMO.. He may very well want people to believe she is/was unstable and has taken her own life but I'm not buying it, and I don't believe authorities are either...JMHO

Do you think she ran into something?

After knowing Gail Marie for 30 years, no she did not run into something. As mentioned earlier, this is something Gail would have had a great story to tell and a good laugh would have been had by all. Gail was never one to take herself too seriously when fun could be had.

And GP and MP both had MULTIPLE degrees culminating in Doctorates of Pharmacy. Two intelligent, warm, and funny people. However, things change and no one knows what goes on behind closed doors--not even the closest of friends and family . . . sometimes until it's too late.

Where is Gail Marie???

I really don't understand how giving all these people things to keep safe for her to come back to would benefit her suicide. What is the evidence you are looking at that points you towards suicide?

I have stated the evidence today. Also, what she going to do with a passport?

I think we must consider Matt's remarks that she has left before. snipped for emphasis.
Just to be accurate, Matt said this was atypical behavior. he said she had left to decompress but never without staying in contact with the kids.
So, I think everyone, including Matt thinks this is all very unusual.
I truly hope she is actually is off decompressing somewhere and will be found safe soon.

I'm a local.. And from what I have gleaned, as of late, I personally believe he was both emotionally and physically abusive. And IMO.. He may very well want people to believe she is/was unstable and has taken her own life but I'm not buying it, and I don't believe authorities are either...JMHO

That is a possibility to consider.

That is a very good summary.

I think one can be stressed, depressed, educated, professional, organized, and scared. They are not mutually exclusive. Many people have the outside image that does not show what is going on inside. Matt has the best perspective to see what is going on inside her.

I don't think thats necessarily true. From how strained their relationship was, he could be the last person who understands her right now.

You seem to be defending Matt. You could very well be right, but what makes you feel so strongly that he didn't have anything to do with it?

Go read the media links and there is an article that said she left her passport with her neighbor on the mountain. So she doesn't even have it with her to do anything with it.

April 30, 2011 - Gail is seen by a neighbor leaving her home in her Jeep Rubicon. Susie Button described Gail Palmgren as being upset in days leading up to that day. She also says Gail asked her to hold her passport and cash in her home. Other neighbors describe being asked to hold onto other personal belongings.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

Exactly, if she committed suicide, what is she going to do with the passport she specifically put aside to keep safe?

I hope none of my posts are coming across as argumentative or bashing. I'm enjoying you're new perspective.

For some reason I just have this gut feeling that GP( angry,upset and frustrated) probably had an accident and her and her Jeep are somewhere submerged, down a ravine or hidden in deep brush; etc. Whatever the case-it is sad!

What makes me even more sad--and mad--is that there was absolutely no search until last Saturday--3 weeks later!!! If she did have an accident on those curvy backcountry roads, she could have needed help and it never came.

Please help us find Gail Marie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member