Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No evidence will be unveiled at the bond hearing, and he will not get out at his bond hearing. One of the 2 scenarios WILL play out.

Scenario 1: The judge will set his bond so high, he can't afford it. (alas, a million dollar bond).

In that case, his attorney can request a bond reduction hearing for another date. In which case, scenario 2 will come into play

Scenario 2:
The FBI can make this a federal case, in which it would be moved to a federal court rather than Albemarle County Court (or whichever court he's going in). In that case, the federal judge trumps the local judge and can hold him without bond. You can't go above the federal judge.

I agree we don't know all details and that we don't know if he is a true predator, but what we do know is that AM's hair was found in his camper. IMO with his background that's enough to know he was definitely involved in her case in some way. As for SC there's just too many coincidences as far as I am concerned to say he wasn't involved in her disappearance as well.

Oh yeah I have no doubt in my mind he was involved with AM's disappearance. And though he has brandishing, stalking and harassment charges on him before they were all dismissed and we don't know the story behind it. Like I said, I'm not trying to defend him (though it seems like I am) but it would be misleading to say he's a predator until we have cold, hard evidence he has murdered or abducted other women. JMO.

Somehow I doubt we will hear any evidence this week, JMO.
I am beginning to fear that most viable places have been searched and that it will hit or miss after this, and just sheer luck if Alexis is found.

Oh yeah I have no doubt in my mind he was involved with AM's disappearance. And though he has brandishing, stalking and harassment charges on him before they were all dismissed and we don't know the story behind it. Like I said, I'm not trying to defend him (though it seems like I am) but it would be misleading to say he's a predator until we have cold, hard evidence he has murdered or abducted other women. JMO.

I know what you're saying and I'm sorry that I'm quick to judge, but it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks he's guilty. I think the feds and LE are thinking the same thing I am. I just can't rule out all of the coincidences, there are just too many. Then he has all of his what seem to be far fetched stories to show his innocence and none of them make much sense, not coming from a 40 something yo man. IMO

I think the lack of info may also be the authorities taking a look at some other missing cases to see if there's any possible link. While they have this snake behind bars, it's a good time to thoroughly investigate any potential connections to the numerous cases of missing young women in central VA. The wonderful map posted of disappearances in that area was rather sobering. Perhaps they're also trying to track down some of the suspect's cohorts to see if they'll talk. I don't want to see this case fall off the radar either. I doubt poor Alexis was his only victim...not by a long shot.

Somehow I doubt we will hear any evidence this week, JMO.
I am beginning to fear that most viable places have been searched and that it will hit or miss after this, and just sheer luck if Alexis is found.

I know it's like "The First 48" -- the case is going to go cold pretty quick :( I hope RAT gives up the info or they find whoever did this.

I know what you're saying and I'm sorry that I'm quick to judge, but it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks he's guilty. I think the feds and LE are thinking the same thing I am. I just can't rule out all of the coincidences, there are just too many. Then he has all of his what seem to be far fetched stories to show his innocence and none of them make much sense, not coming from a 40 something yo man. IMO

Well hopefully the FBI is on to something HUGE with this case and they discover that he's to blame for several abductions/disappearances/unsolved murders over the years so some of these families can finally have closure!

There are varying degrees of predatory behavior. I would have to say that the following charges over the past 27 years makes him a predator, at least on many levels:
Burglary
Grand Larceny
Petit Larceny
Assault
Assault & Battery
Curse & Abuse
Leaving the scene of an accident
Stalking
Threaten via Public Airways
Arson
Pick Pocketing
Several Unlawful Detainers (Evictions)
Several Warrants in Debt
DUI
Driving on a Suspended Lic
Carrying a concealed weapon w/intent by a felon
Violating a Court Order
Contempt of Court
Failure to Appear
Abduction/Kidnapping
(Add to the above his continual traffic and vehicular equipment violations- putting the general public at risk.)

This is obviously a man who believes that rules don't apply to him. He takes what does not belong to him. He is a thief and a violent man. Repo Man could have been an outlet but it seems it wasn't enough to assuage a need to take other peoples property/belongings and possibly their lives.

He is definitely a predator. But, we must be patient and wait for evidence to be unveiled before we know for sure if he is also a serial killer.

I doubt this guy is going to admit to anything, IMO.
Possibly, if he is truly cornered with at least one body linked to him via DNA, but for that to happen, they have to locate a victim. He won't help them do that, IMO.

He77, he won't even pay his court fees and fines. There is no way, IMO, he will help locate anyone.

I totally agree with you.

I tend to agree he's guilty, but in neither case do we know the how and the why. It could have been stalking and sexual murderer, but it could also have been robberies that went wrong, or, I don't know, murder for hire, revenge, they walked onto his pot farm and threatened to turn him in. The psychopathic serial killer aspect certainly needs to be investigated, and is entirely possible, but at this point I'm not seeing it.

From my 5+ year research, sexual predators act out their fantasies at or near the age of 14 years old. Four serial killers that admitted to this common denominator are Edmund Kemper/coed killer, BTK/Dennis Rader, Gary Ridgeway/Green River, and Gary Hilton/forest killer. There are too many to name..

No evidence will be unveiled at the bond hearing, and he will not get out at his bond hearing. One of the 2 scenarios WILL play out.

Scenario 1: The judge will set his bond so high, he can't afford it. (alas, a million dollar bond).

In that case, his attorney can request a bond reduction hearing for another date. In which case, scenario 2 will come into play

Scenario 2:
The FBI can make this a federal case, in which it would be moved to a federal court rather than Albemarle County Court (or whichever court he's going in). In that case, the federal judge trumps the local judge and can hold him without bond. You can't go above the federal judge.

The case is currently in Nelson County J&DR court because a minor is involved so you are correct that little, if any, evidence is likely to be revealed to the public. There is also a capias out for him for violating probation, so even if somehow he were to bond out (which is doubtful), he will be immediately arrested by Albemarle for prosecution of the probation violation. There are no federal charges currently pending, and it would be unusual and unwise for there to be a federal prosecution at the same time as a state prosecution. Federal charges may, if applicable, be brought following the conclusion of the state prosecution. It gives LE two bites at the apple in many cases if they allow the state charges to run their course, and then bring federal charges.

It's high time the great Commonwealth of Virginia changes it legal code.

Burglary and Breaking and Entering, of any kind, should be a re-classified as a Felony.

In addition, all 50 States need a universal database for arrest records as well as way to cross reference criminals by fingerprints, DNA, social security number, crimes of a similar nature, etc. And finally, it is time for Mandatory Minimum Sentencing laws with absolutely no deduction in time for time served based on either good behavior or two days for every day served and the like.

I am so sick of violent offenders getting plea bargains, too. Ben Fawley used the Alford Plea and was sentenced to 26 years for the murder of Taylor Behl. He will probably serve 13 years in total. He will serve absolutely no time for Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary (Erin Crabell's apartment or her boyfriend's) Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, Possession of Stolen property, Robbery, Car Theft (he took Taylor's car) Stolen License Plates (He put on Taylor's car,) Filing a False Police Report, Statutory Rape, Possession of Firearms by a Felon and Commercial Arson. Few of those charges were pursued and some of them were even dropped, in order to get him to agree to an Alford Plea. It is disgusting. That will likely be out by the time he is 51 years Old.

BeginnersLuck, one only has to look at the recent Hannah Anderson(CA) abduction & her miraculous rescue over 1,000 miles away, 8 miles deep in the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness, a roadless 3,600-square-mile preserve in the heart of Idaho, to understand the value of the American public in missing/murdered person's investigations.

Imo, this antiquated silence strategy being utilized in Alexis Murphy's and many other cases involving stranger predators, only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases.. The public is analogous to a security camera across the USA; a very valuable investigative resource. Sexual predators are recidivist, become more brazen, and escalate with each successful abduction.
Most predators are eventually apprehended due to an aware citizen's tip..

Imo, Randy Allen Taylor, is a meth driven sexual predator/serial killer that has been active for decades. In 2005, the FBI redefined a serial killer as having only 2 victims. When and if Alexis Murphy is located, other victims will not be very far away, imo.

RE: Search area where knobby tire tracks were found.
Most times experienced predators place their victims near water; creeks, springs, ponds, etc., on the downhill side. This is due to increased scavenger activity in these areas. If the tire tracks were RAT's, these areas should be focused on, imo. He would likely have proceeded to the top of the mountain to turn around and exit, imo.

Most murder victims are located by aware landowners, hunters, fishermen, and other outdoor persons..

In the Mickey Shunick case(LA-2012), her abductor SK Brandon S. Lavergne, buried her remains in a shallow grave in a secluded historical cemetery. BSL; a psychopath and experienced predator spread cayenne pepper over the makeshift grave to prevent scavengers and to interfere with K9 searches.

In the Alanna Gallagher case, after the arrest, it became apparent that there were some in the community that knew things but stayed quiet in the best interest of the investigation.

In this case, they already have the perp (unless others are involved) but they haven't found Alexis.

There really is no indication in this case that searches aren't being conducted in specific locations unknown to the GP. Quiet in no way means nothing is happening. To call on a community to do a mass search in rough terrain and land, where they may run across the wrong people and/or become injured is dangerous. Like another poster said, we really don't know if they have or haven't ask land owners to check their property.

IMO they have their reasons why they are handling the case this way. The FBI is notorious for silence.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

Vanished
September 13, 2010, was an otherwise ordinary Monday night for Samantha Ann Clarke. The 19-year-old had graduated from Orange County High School three months earlier and had spent the summer hanging out with friends, posting and chatting on Facebook, and studying for her driver's license so she could get a job.

"She was getting herself together, trying to figure out what she wanted to do," says her mother.

The mother figured that Samantha had simply gone out with the new friends she'd made over the weekend. But when the next morning dawned with no word from her daughter, and then afternoon came and went, Tinder felt frantic. Mother and daughter shared a cell phone that was in Tinder's possession, so Tinder had no way to reach Samantha. By Tuesday afternoon, increasingly frantic, Tinder contacted law enforcement, who told her their hands were tied.

"They told me I had to wait 48 hours before I could report her missing since she was an adult," Tinder recalls.

"It apears that the proverbial Ball was dropped in the Samantha Ann Clark investigation, imo" The first 24 hours are very critical in missing person's investigations....

Implemented Suzanne's Law. ... United States federal criminal legislation; 2003 in law; 2003 in the United States; 108th United States Congress Navigation

http://www.teamhope.org/suzanneslaw.html

Washington, DC -"Suzanne's Law" requiring local police to notify the National Crime Information Center when someone between 18 and 21 is reported missing was signed into law by President Bush as part of the national "Amber Alert" bill last month. The federal law is named after Suzanne Lyall (pictured right), a State University of New York at Albany student who has been missing since 1998. Previously police were only required to report missing persons under the age of 18. This new law, sponsored by Congressman John Sweeney (R-NY) is intended to spur police to initiate prompt investigations into missing young people.

Doug and Mary Lyall, Suzanne's parents championed the law. "I just hope that it's going to bring back some of these kids," said Mary Lyall in an Associated Press article. "They need as much protection while they're at college."

WASHINGTON (AP) - The nationwide "Amber Alert'' system signed into law Wednesday at a White House ceremony had special meaning for a Ballston Spa couple, whose missing daughter was the impetus for a little-noticed provision in the anti-kidnapping legislation.

"Suzanne's Law'' requires local authorities to notify the National Crime Information Center immediately if someone between the ages of 18 and 21 goes missing.

Named after 19-year-old SUNY-Albany student Suzanne Lyall, who vanished in 1998, the law is designed to encourage police to begin investigating immediately when college-age people disappear, instead of waiting a day, which has been a common practice. <sniped - read more>

FYI- Doug and Mary Lyall, Suzanne's parents championed the law and are also responsible for the very effective Prisoner Poker Playing Cards Program that have photos of missing/murdered persons & info on them.

In the Alanna Gallagher case, after the arrest, it became apparent that there were some in the community that knew things but stayed quiet in the best interest of the investigation.

In this case, they already have the perp (unless others are involved) but they haven't found Alexis.

There really is no indication in this case that searches aren't being conducted in specific locations unknown to the GP. Quiet in no way means nothing is happening. To call on a community to do a mass search in rough terrain and land, where they may run across the wrong people and/or become injured is dangerous. Like another poster said, we really don't know if they have or haven't ask land owners to check their property.

IMO they have their reasons why they are handling the case this way. The FBI is notorious for silence.

You are 100% correct. If the FBI is talking/asking, then they don't have anything. If the FBI has something, then they stay quiet.

You never reveal your hand at the poker table.

Feeling the same way with this case like I do (did) with Sierra Lamar's.

I wish that Alexis' parents can find some peace. I just couldn't imagine.

It's high time the great Commonwealth of Virginia changes it legal code.

Burglary and Breaking and Entering, of any kind, should be a re-classified as a Felony.

In addition, all 50 States need a universal database for arrest records as well as way to cross reference criminals by fingerprints, DNA, social security number, crimes of a similar nature, etc. And finally, it is time for Mandatory Minimum Sentencing laws with absolutely no deduction in time for time served based on either good behavior or two days for every day served and the like.

I am so sick of violent offenders getting plea bargains, too. Ben Fawley used the Alford Plea and was sentenced to 26 years for the murder of Taylor Behl. He will probably serve 13 years in total. He will serve absolutely no time for Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary (Erin Crabell's apartment or her boyfriend's) Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, Possession of Stolen property, Robbery, Car Theft (he took Taylor's car) Stolen License Plates (He put on Taylor's car,) Filing a False Police Report, Statutory Rape, Possession of Firearms by a Felon and Commercial Arson. Few of those charges were pursued and some of them were even dropped, in order to get him to agree to an Alford Plea. It is disgusting. That will likely be out by the time he is 51 years Old.

I will never forget that sweet girl and her case. She left my area to go to VCU the same year my daughter left to go to Lynchburg College. That is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee