CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for missing nursing student, Bichpuong "Phuong" Le, centered around the Postal Express in Suisuin City on Saturday.

Investigators served a search warrant on the business and had questioned the owner of the shop, where Phuong Le used to work. Sources close to the case tell FOX40 that Phuong Le may have had a romantic relationship with Thuck Nguyen, the owner of the Postal Express. Nguyen tells FOX40 that investigators told his wife that he may have impregnated Phuong Le, a charge Nguyen denies. Nguyen also tells FOX40 that he spoke with Le briefly by cell phone the night she was last seen, but says he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-missingwomansearch,0,5567715.story

all I can say is OMG

I'm leaning more toward, "Holy ****!"

That's pretty bold of the cops to tell his wife he got her pregnant. They better have some damned good evidence. They must have found something to lead them in this direction.

Whoa.

so... this guy was:
1)last call on the cell phone
2)her ex boss and family friend
3)now he may have been her lover/impregnated her
4)was also shown in photo line up of six photos to her brother who was shocked by it.

So the question is... what was that last call really about?

Oh Dear God.....she must have confided in someone (a girlfriend or someone close)....if this is true......this really looks bad....

So the question is... what was that last call really about?

He said she was upset about 'a lot of things'...

Per Phuong's brother:

“I called him the next day he said he talked with around 6 p.m. (Sunday),” Huong said. “She was upset and told him about the argument… He said she was upset over a lot of things…But he didn’t know where she was.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23289495/detail.html

SHe is either hiding out at a hotel or somewhere, or he did the unfathomable...I can see why she would may want to hide because her family would be disgraced, especially in that culture...Oh my, the plot thickened.

Phuong Le was in my RN class. We both graduated last December. It is obvious to all of us who know her that it is not by her choice that she is missing. She has met foul play. We are worried, in shock and frantically searching for her. She was studying at Barnes/Noble because she wanted to advance her career in nursing. She was soon to take a 'critical care nursing course'. Although highly intelligent, she is a very shy and timid young woman. I imagine that if accosted she might not call out loudly enough. I also know that stranger abduction is less likely than abduction by someone familiar with Phuong. As students we were all quite close. As far as we know she did not have a boyfriend, she was close with her family and was very responsible. The information I have of her former boss is vague and nothing to suggest, from Phuong’s side, that there was a romantic liaison with this man. However, in seeing his interview on the news I had a bad feeling about this man.

Phuong’s one goal is to succeed in her profession as a nurse. All of us at one time or another requires the support and care of a nurse – even whoever has caused harm to Phuong. I plead with that person(s) to give Phuong back to her family, her friends and to her future patients.

SHe is either hiding out at a hotel or somewhere, or he did the unfathomable...I can see why she would may want to hide because her family would be disgraced, especially in that culture...Oh my, the plot thickened.

This situation still doesn't feel right with the way it all happened....but in general, I could see someone in her situation leaving her family to spare them the disgrace she would bring...in her/her culture's eyes. The thought that her married former boss may have had relations with her though, makes it even more suspicious. Wonder if they have video of him picking her up at the B&N? If she told him she needed to talk, and he came and got her...then I can only imagine what happened next, and it's not good. His whole world coming down on him? :waitasec:

Cops can lie to witnesses to encourage them to talk. So I don't put a lot of stock into them saying to her ex-wife's boss, "we think they were having an affair, we think he got her pregnant...."

The ex-boss was the last one to talk to her. I can see them going "that" angle. They have to look at every possible scenario, if just to rule it out.

Doesn't have to be true at all, if it gets them answers they want to hear.

Phuong Le was in my RN class. We both graduated last December. It is obvious to all of us who know her that it is not by her choice that she is missing. She has met foul play. We are worried, in shock and frantically searching for her. She was studying at Barnes/Noble because she wanted to advance her career in nursing. She was soon to take a 'critical care nursing course'. Although highly intelligent, she is a very shy and timid young woman. I imagine that if accosted she might not call out loudly enough. I also know that stranger abduction is less likely than abduction by someone familiar with Phuong. As students we were all quite close. As far as we know she did not have a boyfriend, she was close with her family and was very responsible. The information I have of her former boss is vague and nothing to suggest, from Phuong’s side, that there was a romantic liaison with this man. However, in seeing his interview on the news I had a bad feeling about this man.

Phuong’s one goal is to succeed in her profession as a nurse. All of us at one time or another requires the support and care of a nurse – even whoever has caused harm to Phuong. I plead with that person(s) to give Phuong back to her family, her friends and to her future patients.

Welcome to Websleuths, Benicia Mom. It's good to have you here. I am so sorry it is under these circumstances. I am so worried about Phuong :(

Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Thank you for joining us!
BeanE

I can see why she would may want to hide because her family would be disgraced, especially in that culture.

That is EXACTLY what I told my husband a minute ago. Up till now I thought there was no way a shy little homebody type gal would run away deliberately, but with this latest, I'm not so convinced of that at all. God I just pray she is ok somewhere! Phuong, come home...please.

That is EXACTLY what I told my husband a minute ago. Up till now I thought there was no way a shy little homebody type gal would run away deliberately, but with this latest, I'm not so convinced of that at all. God I just pray she is ok somewhere! Phuong, come home...please.

How do you think she ran away? Her car was found in the parking lot and in the trunk her backpack, wallet, license, credit cards were found. moo

Run away with no money? no license? no credit cards? no social security card?

I don't buy it. Sorry.

Welcome Benicia Mom...We all want Phuong home and are praying for her safe return. Thank you for joining us here.

How do you think she ran away? Her car was found in the parking lot and in the trunk her backpack, wallet, license, credit cards were found. moo

Good point, and I totally knew all that and I guess that's one of the reasons I never thought she'd left on her own since this started.....sorry I was just completely blindsided by this new development :-(

Benicia Mom, welcome to WS, and, congratulations on surviving nursing school. I am in nursing school, as well, and completely understand the pressure that you all were under.

I was curious - had she been accepted into a program for ICU/CCU? If so, when does it start? Has she missed any time there?

As for being close, yes, I understand that. I am so very sorry for your loss, even if only temporary (I hope it's temporary). We lost our first year class president to a car accident, so I do understand the shock and grief and fear your class is feeling. If you need any support, just let me know, all right?

Best-
Herding Cats

Good point, and I totally knew all that and I guess that's one of the reasons I never thought she'd left on her own since this started.....sorry I was just completely blindsided by this new development :-(

No need to be sorry - although it is a great big wish on all our part, that she just ran away, it doesn't seem likely. moo

Welcome Benicia Mom. I graduated from a BSN program going on 18 years ago. I cannot believe how time has flown. Thanks for sharing that info on your friend with us. She sounds like a sincerely WONDERFUL PERSON and a GREAT NURSE!

I too was and AM very leary of her ex boss. Why would she call him vs one of her girl friends if she was stressed out about work/finding a job??? And why was he one of the photos shown to her brother???

I hope she is hiding somewhere and scared. I hope she can come home safely and sooner would be much better than later.

http://www.sacandco.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=80614&catid=2

Frustrated family and friends of Phuong Le fanned out across the Fairfield and Suisun City areas Saturday, searching for any sign of the missing 25-year-old nursing school graduate who disappeared last weekend.

After days of focusing their search in and around the area near a Fairfield Barnes and Nobles store were Le was last seen last Sunday night, a handful of volunteers walked the remote marshlands of the Grizzly Island Wildlife area outside Suisun City Saturday.

Le's brother Huong Le said looking around the heavy brush and soggy marshes near Grizzly Island isn't pleasant, but few leads in Le's disappearance, it's important for searchers to look even in places they hope Le is not.

"If we find her out here, that means she is probably not alive," Le said. "It's just rougher every day."
http://www.sacandco.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=80614&catid=2

they plan on looking in remote areas again tomorrow per this article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members