2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

So they paid a bunch of people to come on the show? Sounds like they contacted agents in the area to send them actors between the ages of 30-65....

Didn't Cindy at one time claim she was a nurse of decomposition? Or am I imagining that? :crazy: I also thought I had read that George had to drive with all the windows down back to the house because the smell was so bad. Or am I also imagining that? lol :crazy:

No, you are not imagining, I recall both of those. I've been searching for the video of Cindy saying she was a "nurse of decomposition" in her backwards way of speech. I know it was early on, sometime in July 2008. I'll keep looking.

ETA: I believe it was on July 22 2008, perhaps after the bond hearing? I did find a reference to it on YouTube but it said "Removed by User" :-/

So they paid a bunch of people to come on the show? Sounds like they contacted agents in the area to send them actors between the ages of 30-65....

That's exactly what is sounds like... an open casting call!

:waitasec: So they claim only the panelist got paid? And what is up with the 500 hrs of video, why did they get to see it? What kind of video?
...and you "commission" someone to hold a focus group...but you don't pay them? I'm missing something here.

No, you are not imagining, I recall both of those. I've been searching for the video of Cindy saying she was a "nurse of decomposition" in her backwards way of speech. I know it was early on, sometime in July 2008. I'll keep looking.
She was being followed by reporters walking somewhere...just in court? A jailhouse visit? The sheriff's office?

'48 Hours' Discusses Anthony Special
Correspondent Responds To Ethics Complaints

"CBS News officials said they did not pay jury consultant Richard Gabriel to participate in the show, and he was not allowed to keep the nearly 500 hours of video showing panelists discussing the case."

The panelists discussed the case for 500 Hours?
That's 10 hours a day for 50 days! Could this be a misprint?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27588579/detail.html

No the 500 hours would be coming from multiple cameras, multiple interviews, mutilple views/angles/lighting etc. So the number of hours of video footage is not calculated by 1 camera recording for 500 hours, rather multiple cameras filming for the entire duration of the "procedure" - maybe some footage of how they picked the mock jurors, etc.

She was being followed by reporters walking somewhere...just in court? A jailhouse visit? The sheriff's office?

Yes, and it was a local news clip. Maybe that is why it is so hard to find. But referring to herself as a "nurse of decomposition" was classic Cindy. We knew what she meant but that made it all the more comical, IMO.

ETA: Still no video but I did find this on another forum:

CINDY: ( to 911 operator) And it smells like there`s been a dead body in the damn car.

CINDY: There was a bag of pizza for, what, 12 days in the back of the car, full of maggots.

CINDY: There was a bag of pizza for, what, 12 days in the back of the car, full of maggots. It stunk so bad. You know how hot it`s been. That smell was terrible!

CINDY: There was no odor in the car when was towed down to the towing company. No odor.

GEORGE : There was an overpowering smell.

CINDY : That smell was terrible.

CINDY : It smelled rotten whatever it was. Something decomposing in there.

“Do me a favor,” the grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said Wednesday. “Put a little piece of pizza or any piece of garbage in your car today and leave it shut up for 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 days in this heat and then come back to me in 19 days and tell me what it smells like.”

CINDY: Maybe someone put a body in the car after it was towed to the tow yard.

LEE : The trunk was open, the windows were rolled down to what I assume ventilate the horrible smell. Whatever it was, it was very potent.

GEORGE said that he now believes the smell came from the combination of a rotting pizza and a cleaning fluid bottle being left in a hot car for 15days

CINDY: I've smelled an odor before I'm a nurse of decomposition that was the worst thing I've ever smelled that bag of pizza with maggots in there that sat in the car.

Sources close to the investigation said George Anthony admitted to the FBI that, when he first smelled his daughter's car, he thought it was the odor of a body.

GEORGE: "It was an overpowering smell, I admit that," he said. "It's a possibility that maybe my daughter ran over something."

CINDY: My husband`s a deputy sheriff. Years ago, he was a homicide investigator, as well. And the first thing he thought was human decomposition. I`m a nurse. I thought human decomposition.

CINDY ANTHONY: I changed my mind on that -- I never changed my mind on that. What I stated was the car smelled, OK. I was told by my husband and also by the gentleman at the tow yard that there was a bag of food that contained pizza and maggots in the car. I went down and I spoke myself with the manager of the tow company, and he told us that that was the cause of the smell in the car. I don't know if anybody that has ever smelled decay of food that's been in a car trunk for 19 days in Florida heat. I have opened my refrigerator and made the comment, something died in here.

GEORGE ANTHONY: My professional opinion is I never really realized how long it would take garbage to smell for 19 days or 18 days inside of a car in Florida, to be honest with you.

Yes, and it was a local news clip. Maybe that is why it is so hard to find. But referring to herself as a "nurse of decomposition" was classic Cindy. We knew what she meant but that made it all the more comical, IMO.

I thought it was while she was in, entering or exiting an elevator at the courthouse. But this is a fantastic moment for me to plug TAGS!

Yes, "tags" folks, they will make your lives easier, they will help find those random clips, they will slice dice and chop statements made in public.

You can add to the tags on any thread simply by scrolling down to the bottom of the thread and looking to your right for the "edit tags" link inside the blue bar. Click there, and add away.

This PSA underwritten by the Society for Minimizing Unnecessary Frustration at Trial (SMUFT).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Baez ....there is a very compelling reason for not telling anyone Caylee was missing
of course he will only tell at trial

Well that must mean that ICA will be taking the stand. The only one that can testify to that is ICA. I have seen this ploy many times in the many trials I have followed..and we wait and wait and wait. Then closing arguments commence, the accused has NOT taken the stand to 'splain themselves and the defence attorney attemtps to 'splain it and of course they are objected to and it is sustained.
Unless SODI shows up and testifies that he/she kidnapped and murdered Caylee Marie and framed ICA, we will not get this "compelling reason" 'splained to us.

From the Current News Thread

CBS News officials said they did not pay jury consultant Richard Gabriel to participate in the show, and he was not allowed to keep the nearly 500 hours of video showing panelists discussing the case.

Please can we discuss this 500 hours thing.
I have seen programs where TV crews have followed some event from the beginning to the end. Is this what JB is doing, letting CBS follow him from beginning to end? In the end he will cash in?
Someone please set me straight if I'm off my rocker.

From the Current News Thread

CBS News officials said they did not pay jury consultant Richard Gabriel to participate in the show, and he was not allowed to keep the nearly 500 hours of video showing panelists discussing the case.

Please can we discuss this 500 hours thing.
I have seen programs where TV crews have followed some event from the beginning to the end. Is this what JB is doing, letting CBS follow him from beginning to end? In the end he will cash in?
Someone please set me straight if I'm off my rocker.
Could it have been a typo? Maybe it should read 5 hours? 3 weeks is a long time (with no sleep...lol). I just divided.

I think JB is trying to do some damage control which is not working for him since he wanted no gag order from the beginning and is now trying to get the media excluded from certain aspects of this case and trial. This will work against him, if you noticed no State of Florida Attys. were present on this show. If there is one 500 hundred hour tape, you can be sure there is two. Someone will cash in.

Personally I think it might be a typo, I had heard 4 1/2 hours. 500 hours is excessive for something like a "focus group", no?

Just thinking with my fingers, but could it be 500 hours worth of media soundbites that RGabriel put together, for his "focus group"?

ETA: Still no video but I did find this on another forum:

CINDY: ( to 911 operator) And it smells like there`s been a dead body in the damn car.

CINDY: There was a bag of pizza for, what, 12 days in the back of the car, full of maggots.

CINDY: There was a bag of pizza for, what, 12 days in the back of the car, full of maggots. It stunk so bad. You know how hot it`s been. That smell was terrible!

CINDY: There was no odor in the car when was towed down to the towing company. No odor.

GEORGE : There was an overpowering smell.

CINDY : That smell was terrible.

CINDY : It smelled rotten whatever it was. Something decomposing in there.

“Do me a favor,” the grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said Wednesday. “Put a little piece of pizza or any piece of garbage in your car today and leave it shut up for 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 days in this heat and then come back to me in 19 days and tell me what it smells like.”

CINDY: Maybe someone put a body in the car after it was towed to the tow yard.

LEE : The trunk was open, the windows were rolled down to what I assume ventilate the horrible smell. Whatever it was, it was very potent.

GEORGE said that he now believes the smell came from the combination of a rotting pizza and a cleaning fluid bottle being left in a hot car for 15days

CINDY: I've smelled an odor before I'm a nurse of decomposition that was the worst thing I've ever smelled that bag of pizza with maggots in there that sat in the car.

Sources close to the investigation said George Anthony admitted to the FBI that, when he first smelled his daughter's car, he thought it was the odor of a body.

GEORGE: "It was an overpowering smell, I admit that," he said. "It's a possibility that maybe my daughter ran over something."

CINDY: My husband`s a deputy sheriff. Years ago, he was a homicide investigator, as well. And the first thing he thought was human decomposition. I`m a nurse. I thought human decomposition.

CINDY ANTHONY: I changed my mind on that -- I never changed my mind on that. What I stated was the car smelled, OK. I was told by my husband and also by the gentleman at the tow yard that there was a bag of food that contained pizza and maggots in the car. I went down and I spoke myself with the manager of the tow company, and he told us that that was the cause of the smell in the car. I don't know if anybody that has ever smelled decay of food that's been in a car trunk for 19 days in Florida heat. I have opened my refrigerator and made the comment, something died in here.

GEORGE ANTHONY: My professional opinion is I never really realized how long it would take garbage to smell for 19 days or 18 days inside of a car in Florida, to be honest with you.
I think it was around July 22 2008...found there were youtube videos, but they've been taken down.

I don't know how they get 500 hours. If I recall correctly, during the show it was said that the panelists heard about 4 1/2 hrs of evidence.

I'm sure the consultant was paid in some way - its all semantics.

Well they could have given 500 hours up to the show. Remember how much time Baez spent on this case the first two years? They had plenty of time to hang out with cameras.
Now we know what took them so long to actually start working on this case!
I knew he wasn't just goofing off and shopping for those two years:)

I boycotted the episode and will be boycotting the show from here on out. Shame I really liked 48 hours but to have a mock jury right before the actual murder trial. Bad form, bad taste and just plain bad IMO.

Sorry 48 hours. I will miss you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back