THC in Trayvon's system

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of criminals walking amongst us.

Since pot is illegal, smoking pot is a crime.

There are a lot of criminals walking amongst us.

Since pot is illegal, smoking pot is a crime.

Indeed. While I don't think it's a huge deal in the sense that I don't expect that my children will never try it or something, it IS a crime. I would never consider smoking pot, even if I wanted to (which I don't) simply because it is illegal. And if my kids did it and got caught, they know that if they are arrested for it, they'd better use their phone call on someone other than me.

It means nothing....

I think his now verified use of marijuana provides a very plausible explanation for why he went to the 7-11 in the first place and didn't go right home afterward. Aside from whether smoking pot in and of itself is a crime or a big deal. jmo

My private thought that I haven't shared here previously is that he didn't go right home and, thus, avoid George completely because he may have been waiting for someone to hook him up. That would also explain why he was so concerned about someone watching him that he confronted George and why he got a call overlapping the girl friend's call that's not been explained. It also would explain why he picked up a lighter at the convenience store. I skimmed this stuff quickly while I was in the airport waiting for a flight, so I could be wrong about this, but I think I remember specifically reading that it was a red 7-11 lighter found on his person. jmo

I also noticed that he had quite a bit more money on him than originally stated. Maybe he also went to the 7-11 to get change of a $50. also jmo

I mentioned this on the other thread, but wasn't there a surveillance tape and records produced from the 7-11 that indicated the time and date that Trayvon was there along with an electronic tape indicating his purchases consisting of just the Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea? I don't recall the purchase of a lighter. I'll look for the link.

At any rate, I disagree with your theory. Sometimes things are just as they appear. I think he simply went to the store and was walking home enjoying a chat with his girlfriend on the phone. I don't believe he was on a drug run or looking to score. That's just my personal opinion.

It certainly shows TM was a criminal.

I'm actually responding also to your post in the poll where no discussion is allowed.

First, as to what you asserted above, man that is harsh for a boy of just 17.

Now for the rest. Horace, I totally applauded your terrier disposition in the Anthony case, so I have a lot of good will towards you and mucho respect. But here, you lost me. I am reading just as emotional arguments from the other side, including you.

Trayvon, in fact, was not 'marijuana saturated'. Check the report and the interpretation of it. Trayvon did not have 'bruised knuckles' if you read the report; he had a 1/4 inch boo boo below a knuckle which, besides, has no date on it. And if GZ was defending himself, why are there no offensive injuries on Trayvon's hands, etc? And no defensive injuries either? You look at the injuries on GZ but don't question what is missing on Trayvon given GZ's story? And distort the facts in the report?
progress.gif
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=7933067

I ask myself, why does this boy matter less than GZ? Why does a boy who has no record of anger issues but smoked some weed, got some supensions, deserve vilification? Why does a 28 year old get a pass for his anger issues, his felonies lessened to misdemeanors, his paranoia, his work record, his lies, his perjury? What makes that difference if it isn't colour? I just don't get it.

Mark Geragos on Anderson said the pot issues probably won't enter into the trial. He said, "I don't think it's going to be of any great moment. Most judges wouldn't let that in because it's not like it's meth or PCP or that type of drug. They have so much trouble detemining at what levels you're under the influence to begin with that I don't think it's of any great moment."

progress.gif

I have 4 lighters in my purse.
I hope that does not make me look like a druggie.

A lighter in a person's pocket would not make them look like a druggie.
A joint or some pills would.

A lighter, not so much.

And even if he's not seen purchasing a lighter on that 7-11 video, it does not mean it was not his.
He could have bought it earlier.
He could have found it in his home and took it.

That brings me to a thought.

Can 17 year olds buy lighters?

I'm very curious, and obviously you don't have to answer this.

Why do you carry lighters? I certainly don't. I don't smoke cigarettes or marijuana, and so I don't ever ever carry a lighter.

My three boys all carry lighters, and all smoke, much to my chagrin.

Why do you carry lighters, and FOUR at that? I'm really burning with curiosity. ;D So to speak. ;D Really, you carry 4 lighters, and yet you don't smoke.

I'm very curious, and obviously you don't have to answer this.

Why do you carry lighters? I certainly don't. I don't smoke cigarettes or marijuana, and so I don't ever ever carry a lighter.

My three boys all carry lighters, and all smoke, much to my chagrin.

Why do you carry lighters, and FOUR at that? I'm really burning with curiosity. ;D So to speak. ;D Really, you carry 4 lighters, and yet you don't smoke.

Who said I don't smoke?
Lol

I am a smoker.
I carry lighters.

I don't smoke pot because it's illegal and I have no desire to.

Cigarettes (while stupid) are perfectly legal.

Besides that, lighters have many uses.
Candles, loose threads on clothing, BBQ pits....

I'm actually responding also to your post in the poll where no discussion is allowed.

First, as to what you asserted above, man that is harsh for a boy of just 17.

Now for the rest. Horace, I totally applauded your terrier disposition in the Anthony case, so I have a lot of good will towards you and mucho respect. But here, you lost me. I am reading just as emotional arguments from the other side, including you.

Trayvon, in fact, was not 'marijuana saturated'. Check the report and the interpretation of it. Trayvon did not have 'bruised knuckles' if you read the report; he had a 1/4 inch boo boo below a knuckle which, besides, has no date on it. And if GZ was defending himself, why are there no offensive injuries on Trayvon's hands, etc? And no defensive injuries either? You look at the injuries on GZ but don't question what is missing on Trayvon given GZ's story? And distort the facts in the report?
progress.gif
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=7933067

I ask myself, why does this boy matter less than GZ? Why does a boy who has no record of anger issues but smoked some weed, got some supensions, deserve vilification? Why does a 28 year old get a pass for his anger issues, his felonies lessened to misdemeanors, his paranoia, his work record, his lies, his perjury? What makes that difference if it isn't colour? I just don't get it.

There is absolutely no distortion on my part. I am stating facts, not arguing from emotion. Do a search for Trayvon and bruised knuckles and you'll see that yes, he did in fact have bruised knuckles. How does one person get 2 black eyes and the other person had broken skin on his knuckles...well we all know the answer to that.I don't really know what else to say about that except that the emotion is coming from people who cannot face the fact that TM attacked GZ. GZ's wounds are completely defensive - he had 2 black eyes for heaven's sake...

Whether or not TM "matters" more than GZ is not at issue and the very idea of that coming into this mess is indicative of the kind of subjective emotionalism you seem to think comes from my side (the side citing evidence from medical and police reports and photographic evidence). I suppose GZ gets a pass because he was on the defensive from the beginning and continues to be because people jumped to conclusions and followed their hearts instead of waiting for the facts to come out.

I suspect as more evidence comes out which supports GZ's account of this incident, the media coverage will decrease. It's simply lost its appeal now imo. The media portrayal of a racist GZ was convincing for some but it just can't hold up imo.

People don't get prosecuted for residue of anything.

Wasn't there a pipe too?
IIRC

People do get arrested for paraphernalia.

I'm not sure why TM was only suspended and not arrested. IMO he could have been arrested.

There is absolutely no distortion on my part. I am stating facts, not arguing from emotion. Do a search for Trayvon and bruised knuckles and you'll see that yes, he did in fact have bruised knuckles. How does one person get 2 black eyes and the other person had broken skin on his knuckles...well we all know the answer to that.I don't really know what else to say about that except that the emotion is coming from people who cannot face the fact that TM attacked GZ. GZ's wounds are completely defensive - he had 2 black eyes for heaven's sake...

Whether or not TM "matters" more than GZ is not at issue and the very idea of that coming into this mess is indicative of the kind of subjective emotionalism you seem to think comes from my side (the side citing evidence from medical and police reports and photographic evidence). I suppose GZ gets a pass because he was on the defensive from the beginning and continues to be because people jumped to conclusions and followed their hearts instead of waiting for the facts to come out.

I suspect as more evidence comes out which supports GZ's account of this incident, the media coverage will decrease. It's simply lost its appeal now imo. The media portrayal of a racist GZ was convincing for some but it just can't hold up imo.

He didn't have bruised knuckles, he had a small scrape on the ring finger of his left hand. I haven't seen any pictures of GZs black eyes and the superficial wounds on his face and the back of his head don't look like a beating to me.

THC lasts in the system for a long time - up to a month. I recently went to a required class regarding drug testing because I work with truck drivers.

For the purposes of this case, I don't think it means a darn thing. And this opinion is coming from someone who is sitting on the fence in this case AND is against the legalization of pot.

But I still think this has no bearing on anything in this case. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member