CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So def. is going to use up the rest of their morning session with depo's done last week...so after lunch they will put on parents..likely start with quiet and reserved father..or the bubbly, friendly super mom?? Any guesses??

Gerrr..sometimes I hate auto correct!!!!!!

I think they will lead with the dad. Then they will drag the mother out long enough to end with her weepy and sad testimony. Then the jury will go home with her distress in their minds and think more about it........and maybe how they would feel if their son/daughter was facing the DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are watching the recordings now?

Yep the recordings. Does anyone else see this as a total waste of time? Too far in the past and most did not even really know "Jimmy" but rather the parents. They were not effective in person and much less so via video. I think the jury will tune these out in terms of consideration.

The parents will no doubt make a difference here...Jodi A. even was spared and no one even spoke for her. Not confident for the dp even though he deserves it no question.

http://www.people.com/article/arlene-holmes-releases-prayer-book-mental-illness

I hope the links works. The above link is to a Peoples Magazine, April 4, 2015, the article is about the book written by JH's mom, Arlene Holmes. The article states some of her comments on the State's Attorney Office, the DP, her grief, internet commentators, and other issues. She is not happy for sure. The article said that the proceeds will be given to mental health services, however, no actual service was mentioned in the article.

I have not read the book, just recently saw that she wrote one.

The name of the book is

When the Focus Shifts:The Prayer Book of Arlene Holmes 2013-2014

I'm confused too. By all means support the parents. They are victims too. But to come to court and stand in front of the victims and their families and say you support the shooter? Baffles me.

The only thing I can figure about their continued support of JH is that they are all blaming it on mental illness -- somehow that crept into him overnight and took over. Something like, "~It's not Jimmy who did this, it's the illness. The poor guy.~"

I hope the links works. The above link is to a Peoples Magazine, April 4, 2015, the article is about the book written by JH's mom, Arlene Holmes. The article states some of her comments on the State's Attorney Office, the DP, her grief, internet commentators, and other issues. She is not happy for sure. The article said that the proceeds will be given to mental health services, however, no actual service was mentioned in the article.

I suppose IF one of my son's commit mass murder, I may spring to buy her book to see how she felt about it..but until then..NOPE in my bestest Jimmy tone :drumroll:

Yep the recordings. Does anyone else see this as a total waste of time? Too far in the past and most did not even really know "Jimmy" but rather the parents. They were not effective in person and much less so via video. I think the jury will tune these out in terms of consideration.

I would love to know how the jury are receiving this testimony. Oh to be a fly on the wall during their deliberations.

I am loathing the Jimmy-fan-club testimony. Gonna take a nap and return after lunch. Maybe Mr. & Mrs Holmes will testify this afternoon.

"He was a Renaissance child," the 5th grade teacher raves... He and Brady (is it?) are just like peas & carrots. <gag> Oh, will this honey blitz pleeeeze stop?!

The name of the book is

I totally acknowledge her right to be sad/shocked/outraged at what her son did. She must ask herself if she could have seen this coming and prevented it. She clearly believes it was mental illness that led her once sweet and adorable little boy to commit mass murder.

Maybe he is sick. It's a possibility. But was he capable of knowing right from wrong when he committed this crime? I believe he was. I've watched the trial from day one and I have not seen any evidence to the contrary.

I have doubts that the shooter will receive the DP. As others have said, it only takes one juror to believe in his mental illness claim. LWOP is still a very serious punishment. I wonder if the victims will be happy with that.

The name of the book is

ugh.....poor, poor Jimmy....no color in his life.....she's afraid he'll never see a flower, again.....I have 3 grown sons. I can somewhat understand her anguish. But, she needs to stop blaming everyone from media to prosecutors for the actions of her son. How condescending of her to say she prays for the DA, etc. for their stance on the DP....any smidgen of sympathy is fast evaporating.

I totally acknowledge her right to be sad/shocked/outraged at what her son did. She must ask herself if she could have seen this coming and prevented it. She clearly believes it was mental illness that led her once sweet and adorable little boy to commit mass murder.

Maybe he is sick. It's a possibility. But was he capable of knowing right from wrong when he committed this crime? I believe he was. I've watched the trial from day one and I have not seen any evidence to the contrary.

I have doubts that the shooter will receive the DP. As others have said, it only takes one juror to believe in his mental illness claim. LWOP is still a very serious punishment. I wonder if the victims will be happy with that.

I agree with you all the way. I do not think he will get the DP. I will be surprised if he does. He knew right from wrong, that has been proved. I think his research into mental illnesses is how he learned to act them out. I am not saying he does not have some sort of illness, but I think he knew how to act out.

I am so ready for this trial to be over and I am sure the Jury is too, but I still want them to complete their work the right way.

So def. is going to use up the rest of their morning session with depo's done last week...so after lunch they will put on parents..likely start with quiet and reserved father..or the bubbly, friendly super mom?? Any guesses??

Gerrr..sometimes I hate auto correct!!!!!!

everytime I see "gerrrrr" now I think of Dr Gur.....:blushing:

"He was a Renaissance child," the 5th grade teacher raves... He and Brady (is it?) are just like peas & carrots. <gag> Oh, will this honey blitz pleeeeze stop?!

still creeped out by that teacher---can't understand the gatherings of former students and him visiting inmate former students....I don't know why it creeps me out --- it just does

I agree with you all the way. I do not think he will get the DP. I will be surprised if he does. He knew right from wrong, that has been proved. I think his research into mental illnesses is how he learned to act them out. I am not saying he does not have some sort of illness, but I think he knew how to act out.

I am so ready for this trial to be over and I am sure the Jury is too, but I still want them to complete their work the right way.

We've had 3 potential DP cases--2 of the 3 have gotten LWOP---the 3rd isn't tried yet...One was a murder of a family on Christmas eve-the other of a police officer. That said I don't think he will get DP---think LWOP but not because of these people testifying this week--this is an overkilll

Im listening to JH sister. She said it was hard loosing such a close family member when her Grandma died.
Was asked how often they saw her and she answered at Thanksgiving 1 x per year. Wow
So that explains this family's version of close family. Friends say how close they were. Every year Arlene wrote on both sides of the christmas card. They haven't seen JH since he was in grade school. So my question why are all these people witnesses for JH. Hope the jury gets it and sees it is all smoke and mirrors from the defense.
Wonder how the prosecution sit so calmly through all this stuff. And the Judge has the
Patience of a saint.

I stopped watching the recorded videos since I saw them Friday. What time are they back from lunch? the usual 3:30 EST?
Thanks all!

Are the parents up next?

(OT- do you have to post in a thread here in order for it take you back to your spot? I've subscribed to some threads that I didn't post on, but when I click on them it seems like it takes me to the end, rather than to the last post I had read) - if anyone understands that and can clarify - TIA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member