NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they did find Zahra's leg? I've been away from the thread for a while. Where was it found? Anywhere near the area where the bad smell was noted? near her dad's home? Where was it? Also, I know that the dad and EB are both in jail on unrelated charges but any other quick updates anyone can give me? have family from Oz showed up yet? What are relatives and friends saying about the case lately. TIA guys!!!!!!!

Yes leg was found off of Christie Rd.

Mom and brother have arrived from OZ but no one has seen them AFAIK.

Completely possible. And if we're not looking at 1 object (or a body) moved from vehicle to vehicle, but rather 2 (or more) different objects, each in a separate vehicle, that makes much more sense to me. I suppose it's even possible that part of the crime occured in one of these vehicles, although perhaps not the actual death itself (I so hate typing that out), and that evidence related to clean up was in the other car.

What I'm finding so hard to wrap my brain around is how one tiny body could leave evidence over such a wide area? 2 cars, a landfill, a dump site, a house, a yard. I'm just not getting something here...or my brain just doesn't WANT me to "get it".

Having read about crimes for so long, here and elsewhere, it's unfortunate that I can actually wrap my brain around this. It hurts to write this, but bags of body parts were possibly moved around all over the place. It's quite possible they dumped her remains at several different locations, and this is complicating the search for, and retrieval of evidence.

The fact that LE is tearing that house apart (that was the description given to what they were doing yesterday) means they're looking for "pieces of evidence" of whatever size.

Prosthetic leg in one vehicle and body in another?

Could be. But if you were acting alone, why would you bother to split them up? Wouldn't you want to keep as much evidence of your crime in one place as possible? And then, torch the car with the evidence in it (if you're planning on setting a fire anyway, kwim? Doesn't make sense. To my mind, there's panic involved here. I don't think Zahra went missing that night. I think she's BEEN missing, and something forced his/her/their hand that ended with the Sat. fire and missing child report.

off Ekard pl there is a swing gate, and I saw that on the video when HLN was showing where the leg was found

In the opinion of the neighbor across the street re Location of the Prosthetic Leg:

GRACE: Melissa Mahlenbrock with us. She`s just across the street from the area where Zahra`s little leg has now been recovered. Melissa, do you know how far off the road the leg was? Was it as if someone had just thrown it from a car passing by, or did somebody take time to walk back in there to discard the leg?

MAHLENBROCK: Well, what I can say to you is that people do pull off onto that section where the gated fence is and either put the trash there or they can throw it from their car. Either way, it will reach behind the gate. From where they have cleared, there`s a possibility that they could have put it right over the gate or maybe a couple feet back. They didn`t clear that far back...

GRACE: Does that mean, Melissa -- does that mean they could have thrown it from the car, or did they have to get out of car?

MAHLENBROCK: They could have thrown it from the car, but it would have been lost in the brush. It definitely was not on the side of the road.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/27/ng.01.html

Maybe LE should get a list of all the people that received mulch from that company and take the dogs to every place to see if the dogs hit on anything. MOOOC

In the opinion of the neighbor across the street re Location of the Prosthetic Leg:

GRACE: Melissa Mahlenbrock with us. She`s just across the street from the area where Zahra`s little leg has now been recovered. Melissa, do you know how far off the road the leg was? Was it as if someone had just thrown it from a car passing by, or did somebody take time to walk back in there to discard the leg?

MAHLENBROCK: Well, what I can say to you is that people do pull off onto that section where the gated fence is and either put the trash there or they can throw it from their car. Either way, it will reach behind the gate. From where they have cleared, there`s a possibility that they could have put it right over the gate or maybe a couple feet back. They didn`t clear that far back...

GRACE: Does that mean, Melissa -- does that mean they could have thrown it from the car, or did they have to get out of car?

MAHLENBROCK: They could have thrown it from the car, but it would have been lost in the brush. It definitely was not on the side of the road.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/27/ng.01.html
YEs but traveling I only saw this one gate, and there is a house right before and after..a few trailers before also. This is the area that fits the most that I have searched but I could be way off. It is in the 3000 area

You mean there may be more than one? Lera 213 found a Google shot with it and in that photo is also what looks to be an old road (not pavement) that leads to the woods. I'm sure that google shot is not recent so I'm thinking it's a permanant gate with a stop sign. It almost looks like it was a swing arm type metal gate.

I've moved the red thumbtack marker to the area I think you are describing. I see a dirt road that sounds like the one the woman on NG was describing, leading up to a farm area. There is also a wide spot on the shoulder of the road that looks similar to the ones in the news coverage videos where they had the tents over it.

I still have it labeled as "approximate" for now, I'll try to confirm for sure tomorrow. If it's blocked off, I have an excuse to get up there, I have a client on that road. :dance:

I've moved the red thumbtack marker to the area I think you are describing. I see a dirt road that sounds like the one the woman on NG was describing, leading up to a farm area. There is also a wide spot on the shoulder of the road that looks similar to the ones in the news coverage videos where they had the tents over it.

I still have it labeled as "approximate" for now, I'll try to confirm for sure tomorrow. If it's blocked off, I have an excuse to get up there, I have a client on that road. :dance:

Great I would like confirmation if that is the area. Really I spent 3 hours traveling that road on google earth...LOL know how many times it crashed on me? I'm not from that area and let me tell you, very hard to do this.

Could be. But if you were acting alone, why would you bother to split them up? Wouldn't you want to keep as much evidence of your crime in one place as possible? And then, torch the car with the evidence in it (if you're planning on setting a fire anyway, kwim? Doesn't make sense. To my mind, there's panic involved here. I don't think Zahra went missing that night. I think she's BEEN missing, and something forced his/her/their hand that ended with the Sat. fire and missing child report.

I'm not sure they went to extrodinary means to do away with her remains.
It takes someone with a very strong stomach, and some medical knowledge to do this, or at least some butchering skills. I'm not saying there aren't those who do, but somehow, I can't see EB doing all the work involved.

I think, perhaps, that she hid the body in both vechicles, or had something to do with the body in both cars.

I could see her dumping the body, weighed down, in a lake, or by a lake, somewhere there would be predators and no people. Some place where no one would go, or she would think that no one would bother checking. This is someone who just tossed the prostetic leg out a window, most likely, I can't see her going to extreme lengths to get rid of the body. This doesn't look like a neighborhood where she'd have leisure to do much outside with the body. It looks like there is some traffic there and there are neighbors close by.

I'm wondering what this person from England, the fellow she knew, thinks of this. Why would he send her money? Wouldn't he be wary of this woman who had a step daughter that I wonder if he knew about? It's so odd.

:waitasec:

YEs but traveling I only saw this one gate, and there is a house right before and after..a few trailers before also. This is the area that fits the most that I have searched but I could be way off. It is in the 3000 area

I do believe you have the right spot. Not only the stop sign but the relation of the power pole as well (Both seen in chopper video).http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Christy+Rd,+Hudson,+Caldwell,+North+Carolina+28638&sll=41.640078,30.058594&sspn=100.211071,228.339844&ie=UTF8&cd=2&geocode=FXggIwIdr1Ql-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Christy+Rd,+Hudson,+Caldwell,+North+Carolina+28638&layer=tc&cbll=35.850338,-81.446414&panoid=EMsZlkqIIKVG01fkrDmkCQ&cbp=12,110.17,,0,5&ll=35.850338,-81.446476&spn=0,0.000534&t=h&z=21

The third car that is only mentioned once on page 6 of the search warrant documents and has not been mentioned elsewhere is an 05 Impala. It wasn't a Monte Carlo.
Thanks ~:confused::doh:~ I can't tell one breed of car from another..:couch: sorry :rose:

Thanks sunsetbeach...my little contributions...however small it helped me feel better. Grin

Originally posted by JBean:

Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.

Name calling is not allowed, TO's will be given.

Thanks for your cooperation.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106605"]Name Variations and Name calling - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

No racial or ethnic slurs and PLEASE do NOT quote posts with name calling, hit alert and let the mods take care of it. Quoting posts with TOS violations makes it difficult for the mods to catch and edit all inappropriate name calling.

thank you!

Thanks sunsetbeach...my little contributions...however small it helped me feel better. Grin

I appreciate your contributions! :D

Spending several hours looking is not small. IMO.

I looked the other day (when the chopper was up) but I could not find it and like you I looked for quite awhile. I gave up.

Thank you so much! :blowkiss:

Yeah and not to mention that google map pictures could be rather old and I mean years old!

off Ekard pl there is a swing gate, and I saw that on the video when HLN was showing where the leg was found

Ekard Place also appears to have a cell tower. I wonder if LE has checked to see if and when EB and/or AB's phone pinged that tower?

Ekard Place also appears to have a cell tower. I wonder if LE has checked to see if and when EB and/or AB's phone pinged that tower?

nice catch...not that LE Would announce it but maybe that is what led them to that spot to search in the first place.

Edit to add: That is usually what cops do, get cell phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth