UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Here in Utah, when Josh packed up his stuff and left town, all the news stations showed footage of him driving away in the large U-Haul with the U-Haul trailer. Behind him, his brother followed in the family van. How did the van get back here? The footage was pretty clear - it appeared they were caravanning back to Washington with the van.

Okay, apparently this is what happened. Josh and his brother Michael drove off in the Uhaul and family van to run an errand (and its assumed that they were trying to trick the media as well a bit). They parked the Uhaul somewhere, waited for the media to leave, then Josh drove the van back to the house and parked it in the garage. He then took his bike and rode that back to the Uhaul and they proceeded on their way to WA.

It is also to my understanding that his reason for coming back is to work on the basement and rest of the house to get it ready for possibly renting it out. He left the van here so he would have a vehicle to use while here. I am assuming that when he is done he will most likely drive the van back to WA so he has it with him there to use.

OK5, thank you for your informational posts. You are in a difficult position to be sure. I hope your participation on these forums at least gives you some comfort or serves as an outlet for your own confusion/frustration/etc about Susan's disappearance from your community. You are in our thoughts.

Okay, apparently this is what happened. Josh and his brother Michael drove off in the Uhaul and family van to run an errand (and its assumed that they were trying to trick the media as well a bit). They parked the Uhaul somewhere, waited for the media to leave, then Josh drove the van back to the house and parked it in the garage. He then took his bike and rode that back to the Uhaul and they proceeded on their way to WA.

Any idea why he felt he would need to trick the media?

Have you heard of anyone helping him get the house ready?

Any media there yet?

It is also to my understanding that his reason for coming back is to work on the basement and rest of the house to get it ready for possibly renting it out. He left the van here so he would have a vehicle to use while here. I am assuming that when he is done he will most likely drive the van back to WA so he has it with him there to use.

Someone might want to remind him he needs new carpet :furious:
I hope LE is watching/following him. He might try to sneak another peak at his "handy work" before heading out of town for good.

I am trying to get caught back up on the case-I know there is a q&A thread, but I thought it was relevant to post here....do we know that Josh did not have Susan with him when he left? He drove a van IIRC?

I hope LE is watching/following him. He might try to sneak another peak at his "handy work" before heading out of town for good.

I agree . Real piece of work, isn't he. Those poor children, what they will have to deal with the rest of their lives.So sad

I would really like to know if there has been another call out for his friends to help him again.

Looks like some are helping.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14295001?source=most_viewed
Joshua Powell returns to Utah -- again

By Melinda Rogers

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 01/29/2010 11:20:33 AM MST

Joshua Powell, the husband of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell, has returned to Utah to prepare to sell or rent his home.

Joshua Powell was picked up from the airport by John Hellewell, a friend of the Powells who along with his wife, Kiirsi, has been instrumental in organizing campaigns to bring awareness to Susan's disappearance.

Powell arrived at his home at 6254 W. Sarah Circle (3935 South) to find family and friends had decorated the property with purple ribbons and signs to bring renewed attention to the case of Susan Powell, who was reported missing on Dec. 7.

Joshua Powell told friends he appreciated the decorations on the home, Kiirsi Hellewell said Friday.

"When [Joshua Powell] saw the ribbons, he said 'That's a good idea,'" Kiirsi Hellewell said.

Any idea why he felt he would need to trick the media?

Have you heard of anyone helping him get the house ready?

Any media there yet?

I think he wanted to trick the media for one of these two reasons:

He either did it so they wouldn't follow him, know what his exact plans are, question if he had his van or left it there.

or...

He did it to have a good laugh and trick them just because he wanted to. (this is why I think he did it...but thats JMO)

Of course that is just speculation on my part. I was not with him when this happened, so I do not know for sure.

I have not heard of anyone helping him get the house ready. I know that he already has all of the supplies to finish the basement though. He had previously purchased them all and was planning on starting to finish it around the time Susan went "missing." But then all of this happened and he had to put that on the back burner. (If it were my spouse missing, I wouldn't care about my basement getting finished. I would be trying to find my spouse!)

I guess he just wants to get it done though so he can rent it out and not worry about losing his house completely since he can't afford it right now.

Media has been camped at his house all day long.

I must say I am surprised at his reaction to the decorated house, but maybe its just an act. Maybe thats not how he really feels.

This just in:

I just found out that LE just took Josh's van with another search warrant!! They served him the warrant and then towed the van away.

OK5, thank you for your informational posts. You are in a difficult position to be sure. I hope your participation on these forums at least gives you some comfort or serves as an outlet for your own confusion/frustration/etc about Susan's disappearance from your community. You are in our thoughts.

Thank you for your kind words. It is a hard position to be in. The main reason I came here WAS so I could have some sort of outlet to discuss all that is going on with this case. I am glad I have others who care about finding Susan to discuss this case with on a daily basis. It helps a lot to talk to someone and also helps to sleuthe with others...especially such experienced sleuthers. :)

This just in:

I just found out that LE just took Josh's van with another search warrant!! They served him the warrant and then towed the van away.

That's great! De-wheel him. Wonder now if that was why he pulled the old switcharoo with the van. He didn't want the cops to know where it was. Now how will he get around, the motorcycle? LOL LOL

Doesn't look like the police are real excited about him getting his house ready to rent. He might not get his van back this time.

Josh Powell returns to Utah
Reported by: Brian Carlson

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Josh Powell is back in Utah. While controversy surrounds the disappearance of his wife, Susan, ABC 4 is told he returned to take care of unfinished business with his house.

Although Josh Powell tried to dodge ABC 4 cameras Friday, he was seen getting out of a van to visit with one of his friends in West Valley City.

“I'm probably one of his few friends that he has left,” said John Hellewell.

His friends and family tell ABC 4 he's back to finish the basement and work on the deck of his West Valley home.

“He wants to try to rent out the house and so he wants to finish the basement before doing that,” said Hellewell.

But he won't be in town for long; ABC 4 is told he plans to make the trip to his former home as short as possible.

Shortly after his wife Susan went missing late last year, he packed up and moved to Washington State. Right now, he's not on good terms with some of his family; they were surprised to see him back.

“When we talked to him, we thought it'd be a couple weeks before he'd be back,” said Kirk Graves, Powell’s brother in-law.

While he was gone they got together with Susan's friends and decorated his home. Some were worried he'd come back and take it down.

“We don't really know how Josh would react to it,” said Graves.

“He liked it, he was glad people had done that. He was glad the focus was on Susan and not on him,” said Hellewell.

As of Friday night, the decorations are still on the house.

As far as police go, ABC 4 also talked with them Friday. They wouldn't comment on whether or not they plan to get in touch with Powell while he's back, but they said he has a standing invitation to meet with their detectives. Powell remains the only known person of interest in the case so far.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...l-returns-to-Utah/ckmzPoqC2Ua0_MwBrnOmgA.cspx

a different quote.

I feel so bad for the position he, and this new twist, puts Kiirsi and John in. It would be a second bright spot in a single week for me if it weren't for that. How can he possibly figure it's business as usual with fixing up his basement at a time like this!

I feel so bad for the position he, and this new twist, puts Kiirsi and John in. It would be a second bright spot in a single week for me if it weren't for that. How can he possibly figure it's business as usual with fixing up his basement at a time like this!

People only let people put them in positions they want to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23