MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the return trips to the backyard might be to follow up on preliminary lab reports.

You mean to get like soil samples/vegetation samples? Generally those would be collected by the forensic people, not investigators. And I would think they would have collected comparison/control samples when they collected any forensic samples.

First time poster, been reading for several days though.

You cannot turn off a baby monitor from the "outgoing" end for the purpose of the receiving end being silent. If you turn off the outgoing transmitting monitor, the receiving monitor (in the parents room) would immediately have loud static on it. You also cannot turn the channel on the outgoing monitor, it will result in loud static on the receiving monitor.

ETA: Nevermind, I see this has been covered! :) I tried to register last night when there was a similar discussion going on, but since I only have a gmail email address I had to wait for mod approval and by that time, the discussion was long gone. :)

:welcome3:

I can't figure out all these return trips to the house to search. Either they are really inept at searching (and know it) or they are still getting pings in the vicinity of that house and can't figure out where the phones are hidden. MOO of course.
They could easily be hidden in the 'woody' area and take a while to find. If they are getting this info from pings, this area would still show up as feet away from the I's house.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151039"]Thread #13[/ame]

no more comments on this thread thanks.

Crikey - you're on a roll, Panthera! Very good point!

If the kidnapper had the presence of mind to confiscate the cell phones in an alleged attempt to thwart calling 911 or "anybody", then this kidnapper would have also noticed the baby monitor light (signaling that it was "on") and would have turned it off, for obvious reasons.

The parents haven't said anything about it still being on when they discovered the baby missing, but DB stated recently that the monitor was on that night (I think she said they always had it on, IIRC).

FWIW, some baby monitors are equipped with 'out of range' capabilities that activate when the transmitter is turned off/unplugged. The receiver will beep and lights will flash.

IMO, depending on the model , the baby monitior could have made more noise if switched off.

yes....and that is 37th street that leads directly to the apartments with the dumpster fire IIRC

Wow. That's interesting right there. I wonder how that dumpster fire is going to tie in to this crime.

You mean to get like soil samples/vegetation samples? Generally those would be collected by the forensic people, not investigators. And I would think they would have collected comparison/control samples when they collected any forensic samples.

A CSI van was there at the house, officers were wearing gloves. It appeared something was taken to the van, but the reporter said it was shielded from his view.

A CSI van was there at the house, officers were wearing gloves. It appeared something was taken to the van, but the reporter said it was shielded from his view.

Which house? The neighbor's house?

How far away from the house is the creek or river that was talked about?

We haven't heard from the parents in a couple of days. They were not with Jeremy's sister at the speedway event this weekend. Last we heard, they are reportedly cooperating with police again. Possible that some of the little gaps Debbi admitted were causing her problems with LE are now coming together if the parents have been spending time with LE. A good thing. Maybe that's why new re-enactments and new activity is occuring?

I do not believe that this LE is doing anything obvious at the house for the first time. They definitely don't appear like Keystone Cops to me. We watched them, in full protective gear, processing the window seals, checking the outside very early on... They've been interviewing and re-interviewing in the area. They searched the immediate areas and the landfill mutiple times. They've followed on tips. They're pushing the mother for as much detail as possible. They have searched the home, with the parents' consent, a few times. As a new details emerge, I think it's natural that LE would go back and check/test specifics. All this is a good sign to me. Imo.

THANK YOU!!!
I keep seeing so many references on this board that want to portray LE as inept. I live in KC, and have known many officers. They are a very professional organization and I have never seen or heard of them not being competent.

The most baffling thing about this case to me is why not poly the father?

It is baffling...they could ask him if he knows anything, did his wife share something with him, he may not have been involved initially but she could have confided in him to help her out of the mess if she indeed is in someway involved in Lisa missing...

I just watched a show last night that demonstrated how easy it is to change peoples memories of an event to the point they would swear a person was wearing a short bright red coat when they were really wearing a long green trench coat.

It told all about and showed how your real memory will change when presented with evidence that your memory had to be wrong when the evidence they are giving to prove you are wrong is fake. You go right along with it.

I can't remember the name of the show but it was really good. I think it was on the history channel last night.

Google Elisabeth Loftus. Memory is such an interesting thing.

Every time we recall a memory, we take it out of storage, so to speak, and it can be altered before it's returned to storage. This is a really simplified version of what I understand about memory but I just wanted to emphasize that memories are not written in stone. I am so glad that someone brought this up ...it prevents me from getting up on my soapbox. :innocent:

I'm sure that CN2Souls realizes this, so not an attack or meant to discredit the idea that we should keep our eyes open for inconsistencies in people's stories! I just wanted to draw more attention to the fact that we should also keep the malleability of memory in mind and really think about whether the changes are a result of deception or of just the normal processes of the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23