Bear trapped in Boulder County man's car leaves it 'totaled'

Ya know, maybe I'm just weird, but if I call the cops because a bear is eating my car, I'd rather hope they wouldn't tell me to deal with it myself.

But you do know that . 1 there are more sighns then stop sighns of bears and what not to do .bears dont do this for fun you live in a place where thiers bears you do not ever leave any food in the car and i bet thats why this bear went in . 2 if the officers come theres no second chances they will allways kill it ..if a bear is caught in a trap close to a house they only give it one chance they shoot it in the *advertiser censored* with a bean bag in a shot gun and a group of loug biting again in the *advertiser censored* lol dogs to chase it off while also being shot with more bean bags and a paint gun thats the one chance they get then its labeled a nuisance bear the workers wilflife fish n game know these bears off just looking at them or they get a ear tag but usually they wildlife guy has a name for them anyways so if it comes back no 2nd chance its a real bullet this time ..and the fines are crazy if u as a home owner dont have a bear proof garbage can even inside the house food has to be kept closed and away ...this bear because they called the police its allready called a nuisance bear the police have to kill it thats why he was told to do it one way or the other they woulda came but then u have a torn apart vehicle and blood all over ...Oh by the way Brutis the bear is awesome..lol

No worries, no one even came out, so the bear has no strike. And in Boulder, they get 3 strikes. And even if they had tagged him, there was really no human interaction, so he would still be okay. What dooms them is when they lose their fear of humans. Boulder is really good about their wildlife-they don't relish having to put down critters and only do it as a last resort. The front range is in for a lot of wildlife/human interactions because of the fires. It's going to be really bad. :(

So bears not only go in the woods, they go in cars too. :)

We have it happen occasionally in California too. In one case in Lake Tahoe, IIRC, the bear threw the car into reverse gear and went down a driveway and crashed! In this case, the guy had a garbage bag in the car- that's what attracted it.

I bet he didn't even have a license. :snooty:

For more bear fun check out this thread; [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111080"]Everybody needs the comfort of a Teddy Bear once in a while. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

He had a license but he could barely drive and had grizzly road manners.

rimshot.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back